Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654251 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493701 Nov 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Evil Spirits lingering....whispering in your ears... Waiting for your last breath...watching gleefully waiting ....laughing at your
abject ignorance ...
Are you going to put those words to hymnal-type of music???

It smacks of old-time religion. All you need to go with it is a sword and a bible ... in that order.

:)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#493702 Nov 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Awe you got a red x ...send Mr some PLEASE ..
I NEED IT .....
I can say km aging ..But would hate any one else saying it lol..
But for Nick ....we can MSKE an exception ...Lol.
Feed the man!!!
Feed the man? he never stops eating lol I gonna move my bed in the kitchen soon lol

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493703 Nov 21, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
The Church is the continuation of Israel. If it is called "New Israel", it is not because it no longer includes the Jewish people, but because it now includes ALL people.
Jesus Christ fulfills the blessing promised us through Abraham.
Is that why the Christians killed the Jews as Christ-killers all those centuries???

I suggest that your theology is even wackier than wacky.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#493704 Nov 21, 2013
Orthodox Position Re the "New Israel"
The Qahal YHWH referred to, not the entire race of the Hebrews, but only the ones who were admitted to the worshiping community centered on the tabernacle.
In the third century BC, the Jewish translators of the Septuagint usually translated qahal with the Greek word Ekklesia.
The word Qahal is regularly rendered by the Greek word Ekklesia in the Septuagint. The word Ekklesia appears 108 times in the New Testament.
In Scripture, as in the Torah, the Ekklesia was never the entire race of Israel,but the ones who were faithful to YHWH.
The promises made to Abraham were always for his believing descendants, the believing remnant faithful to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
This includes not only descendants of Abraham’s family and converts from among the Gentiles.
The present Church of God (Ekklesia) is a continuation of that Church of Israel (the Qahal YHW).
At no time did the Ekklesia “replace” Israel. It includes Israel in Jesus Christ.
God did not break his oath with the descendants of Abraham. He did not violate this and start with a new people- the Gentiles.
Eastern Apologists saw the Christian Church (Ekklesia), not as a replacement, but as a continuity of the Israel Church of God (the Qahal YHW).. The Israel Church of God is its heritage.
God calls His people. People respond to this call.
In the Old Testament, the Church was the Qahal YHW. In the New Testament it is the Church of Christ, still the Qahal YHW now termed Ekklesia.
It is not a New Israel, but the Israel of God that God has gathered.
The "Church" (the Qahal YHW) already existed when Jesus began His ministry. The Church continues to be the "People of God" or the "New Israel": the PEOPLE OF THE COVENANT
The church is the "Israel of God", not a "New Israel" in terms of a replacement. The Church is the continuation of Israel. If it is called "New Israel", it is not because it no longer includes the Jewish people, but because it now includes ALL people.
Jesus Christ fulfills the blessing promised us through Abraham.
Bug Rome is not he New Israel ...And Jesus is returning to Jerusalem ..not To the new temple ..the Vatican

The believing among e Jews have not been replaced .

And Israel is,NOW, Israel the lAnd of the Jewish people ..And Jesus ....some faithful ..some not ..all will bow to Messiah at His Return..

There may have been doubt in prophecy before the in gathering ...But no excuse now ..

And hats why ..IMO..they want he deed ...

It's,appslling .

The one of the GENTILES will not last forever .

Thanks,Nick ..

Location hidden

#493705 Nov 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but don't forget Latin tempers ...I hear they keep lots of cornflakes
My latin temper is very mild compare to many Spanish women.lol...nick is half german and half greek...momma mia..you know what I mean lol

Location hidden

#493706 Nov 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
After saving our dog from a death sentence at the Humane Society ..She had heart worm...by a fluke ..THRY let me take her ..
We have a fence ..She dug out ..thankfully THRY gave he people who found our number ..then she jumps the fence ..New call and they ate ready to take her back ..so we cable her to our deck inside the fence ..hubby or a across the street ..Dr jumps,and almost hangs herself ..he saves her ...DOGS ..!!!!!!!'
And we worships the ground he walks on..now we just digs ...
But I love her ..not sure I can watch this one if they have to put her down .
My kitty for 16 years ..my little buddy ...That almost did me I. Years ago ...j still cry if I think on it ..But I had to be there ....I wish I could save them all..
I know it's a horror if they get lost ..
Glad you got your baby
I saved Rio from death row also 8 years ago....
marge

Leesburg, GA

#493707 Nov 21, 2013
So the orthodox got the memo on the 'New Israel' also, along with the 'CC',...

I would say this is the beginning of the END or Last Day.

Anyone agree?

I hope they know we won't join them, or approve of them,...

REPENT BEFORE IT'S TO LATE!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#493708 Nov 21, 2013
I see no 'CC' defending their previous day declarations about wanting to rule from Jerusalem.

Maybe they came to their senses:)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#493709 Nov 21, 2013
marge wrote:
Anyone agree?
Margie Im not sure you read what the Orthodox mean by the "New Israel", a term they would rather replace with Ecclesia.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493710 Nov 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Bug Rome is not he New Israel ...And Jesus is returning to Jerusalem ..not To the new temple ..the Vatican
The believing among e Jews have not been replaced .
And Israel is,NOW, Israel the lAnd of the Jewish people ..And Jesus ....some faithful ..some not ..all will bow to Messiah at His Return..
There may have been doubt in prophecy before the in gathering ...But no excuse now ..
And hats why ..IMO..they want he deed ...
It's,appslling .
The one of the GENTILES will not last forever .
Thanks,Nick ..
You keep on trying to change Judaism to suit your Christian mania.

Jews faithful to Judaism do NOT believe that Jesus was or is a messiah.

A Jewish messiah (within all common sense theology) would be faithful ONLY to Judaism. He would come to earth as a Jew and leave earth as a Jew and live in the afterlife as a Jew for eternity with his Jewish father.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493711 Nov 21, 2013
marge wrote:
YUP! Jehovah is waiting for your repentance with open invisible arms at the ready. All you have to do is convert back to Judaism.

Tongue in cheek

Location hidden

#493712 Nov 21, 2013
marge wrote:
Anyone agree?
yes we know marge your to good to have lunch with us heathens..

Location hidden

#493713 Nov 21, 2013
marge wrote:
I see no 'CC' defending their previous day declarations about wanting to rule from Jerusalem.
Maybe they came to their senses:)
and you would love that wouldn't you..
truth

Success, Australia

#493714 Nov 21, 2013
its come knock on your door then say he is god from scientology
as jehovich evil killers frindes
did they have drugs and crime over them

yes it is evil serve evil

its easy recognize evil of that corupt killers

jep
they change face as well become on many place as lawyers judges police as everything

killers are killers
how many false documents they will send as criminal mafija organization

n
marge

Leesburg, GA

#493715 Nov 21, 2013
<quoted text>Margie Im not sure you read what the Orthodox mean by the "New Israel", a term they would rather replace with Ecclesia.
Still we can't be Ecclesia until you are born-again and believe like we do, period.

So did anyone answer yet if 'New Israel' is a new term their exclaiming, or of OLD that we know!

REPENT BEFORE ITS TO LATE!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#493716 Nov 21, 2013
The Passion of Christ -- Or Why We Never Should Take the Christian Canon too Seriously

There is a term in NT studies.

It is the "synoptic gospels".

It refers to the first three texts in the NT.

"Synoptic" means with a single eye -- with one view.

The synoptic gospels, Matthew, Mark, and Luke, are more closely related to each other than they are to the 4th gospel, John. Even many (most?) learned apologists accept the relationship.

It goes like this: Mark was written around '70 AD -- after the fall of Jerusalem and destruction of the 2nd temple.

Matthew came next in the 80's followed not too long after by Luke, some say in the late 80's a few outliers, such as the late Burton Mack, claim it was in the very early 2nd century.

Regardless.

Matthew and Luke rely on Mark and sometimes copy from Mark verbatim. These two gospels also share another common source other than Mark. That source often is referred to as Q.

Q is short for Quelle, a German word that means source.

Q is thought to have been a "sayings gospel" similar to the extant Thomas but not actually Thomas.

Q has never been found; it is a hypothetical manuscript.

A very few critical scholars, such as Mark Goodacre, now at UNC, argue there is no Q. From Goodacre’s viewpoint, Luke merely relies on Mark and Mathew, not Mark and Q.

Fine.

But Luke's author, whether he was a physician and follower of Paul or not, was not an eyewitness to the events in his narrative. Just the opposite. In his opening sentences in that text, he admits he relies on other sources to tell his tale. Modern scholars know -- for a fact -- that one of those sources was the Gospel of Mark.

Odd that Luke's author would rely on Mark -- sometimes verbatim -- but change that text at will whenever it suited him, eh?

Yet that is exactly what he did.

So in Luke, the passion narrative is not just different in detail but also in tenor in comparison to Mark’s passion narrative – even though Luke relied on Mark for the story.

In Mark, Jesus runs the passion gauntlet in silence until, at the end, after those who were crucified with him reviled him, he cries, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"

(Didn't Eloi have a helpful household hints column in syndication a few years ago?)

But in Luke, though relying on Mark, things are different. Rather than suffering in silence until the end and then asking BibleGod why he has been forsaken, Jesus is rather vocal throughout the whole process.

And the two crucified with Jesus -- "malefactors" according to the KJV -- are not in accord in reviling Jesus. One mocks him but the other proclaims Jesus innocent.

And Jesus, rather than feeling "forsaken" at the end tells one of the malefactors, "To day shalt thou be with me in paradise," and then Jesus commends himself to his father: "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit."

So much for feeling forsaken as portrayed in Mark even though Mark is Luke’s source for the story.

Lying for Jesus has a long history; Luke’s author is merely one of the earliest practitioners. But then he had a good example to follow – Mark’s author.

Columbus, OH

#493717 Nov 21, 2013
Oooo.

That post's definitely going into the Topix Book of Chess.

Yes it is.
truth

Success, Australia

#493718 Nov 21, 2013
satanic evil people which they practising they are something
in reality they simply criminals evil organizators in all aspect..they liked used passiges trough bible
but they are nobody and nothing..

if you need false documentation go there you will find drug dillers killers liars police detective judges priests anything as evil satanic accusers

nobody and nothing

law of them is not law of rightenatiosness accusers and killers

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

someone know where they lived yeeee

how many adress face and so on..
did they are authority

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o
killers

Location hidden

#493719 Nov 21, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Still we can't be Ecclesia until you are born-again and believe like we do, period.
So did anyone answer yet if 'New Israel' is a new term their exclaiming, or of OLD that we know!
REPENT BEFORE ITS TO LATE!
who are you to judge and make demands??

Columbus, OH

#493720 Nov 21, 2013
marge wrote:
I'm sorry I ate the last blueberry bagel in the break room.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min here 64,236
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min Annaleigh 106,578
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 32 min bad bob 183,188
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 37 min Gabriel 973,899
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 39 min hpcaban 9,379
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 45 min ImFree2Choose 2,592
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 281,918
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 1 hr Johnny 840
More from around the web