Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590811 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Australia

#493307 Nov 20, 2013
Are you for sure Jesus is English man?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#493308 Nov 20, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Roman Roman Roman...though the streams are swollen; keep them doggies rolling...Rawhide!
You have deep hatred for the Roman Catholic Church, I can feel the bitter anger behind your usage of 'Roman'.
Let me ask you, do you also hate the Orthodox Catholic, Byzantine Catholic, Syrian Catholic, Ethiopeon Catholic, Maronite Catholic Churches? Or just the Roman Catholic Church??
Clay you guys came up with Rome being the NEW,JERUSALEM ....not us ..

Has nothing o do with hating the Church .

You are disconcerting the Chosen of the Lord....we are but adopted ..
And changing scripture totally as,regards Jerusalem ...NEW..

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#493309 Nov 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok hAve you been reading this,stuff..the Vatican is the New,Jerusalem..
..maybe hey did such a good job with their self proclaimed temple .
Jesus,won't bother with HIS Holy city ...For which HE SHOWED John ..km jus still shocked a this
According to your "inside knowledge" when Jesus comes, is this new Jerusalem going to be Catholic or Protestant???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#493310 Nov 20, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is reading your posts anymore.
AWWWW ... are you sure that that means everybody on earth???

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#493311 Nov 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok hAve you been reading this,stuff..the Vatican is the New,Jerusalem..
..maybe hey did such a good job with their self proclaimed temple .
Jesus,won't bother with HIS Holy city ...For which HE SHOWED John ..km jus still shocked a this
Jesus Christ came as God in the flesh. Right? He started a Church which is HIS Church and HIS bride. He gave Peter the keys to this Church and the power to bind and loose things that even heaven above will acknowledge as valid.
Now you tell me why Israel would take precedent over the Lords Church??
Fundamentalist think they found a loophole in all of this by re-defining what 'Church' means and who is within this Church. They think they can re distribute the keys to them. Obviously we can see what a chaotic mess they've created.
The ironic thing in all of this, is that fundies use the very books against the Church upon whence it came. If it weren't for the Catholic Church, you guys would have no knowledge of the scriptures. The Bible itself came from the authority of the Church which is the new Israel.

Prince George, Canada

#493312 Nov 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you, will Jesus be preaching the same message that you have been trying to get across to us???

truth

Australia

#493313 Nov 20, 2013
very sad not to understood

how become choose
it is written
all of them will fall
all angels and demons

Is that your conlusion as corupt wicket layers and
judges..
Are you praying one have to died or divorce..is that shame hear from corupt very bad priests..yeee

we know who they are what they try set up..
not for so long
noooooooooooooooo

evil corupt delegations

now
where is that self chosen hero
all angels and demons going fall

i say all

then
Anthony MN

United States

#493314 Nov 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We unless your priests,never sinned ...they ate not high Priest ..Jesus,is.
http://biblehub.com/hebrews/4-15.htm
And being human they sin
And the HOLY City ..the New,Jerusalem shall be coming DOWN out of heaven.
I'm pretty sure if the Vatican had floated down out of the sky..someone would have noticed .
Pretty sure it was built by the money given by the faithful
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Seriously ...are you supposed to ADD TO THIS BOOK .it says,no ...
IT says nothing about Rome or the Vatican .
Now I know the book in some places is a bit hard as John was,looking into the future ..I'm no scholar ..BUT THAT PASSAGE IS QUITE CLEAR ..
HOLY CITY. NEW JERUSALEM ....
Not sure why you keep saying " Rome the New Jerusalem" when I keep saying "Catholic Church the New Israel".

Quit being so dishonest.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#493316 Nov 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says we are changing scripture? The Bible doesn't interpret itself, Rose. It takes an infallible authority to interpret it.

So are you *that* authority that says the Catholic Church changes scripture? Is Preston or Confrint that authority??
I'm always surprised how the fundie pastors say the Bible interprets itself...Then when you say it says X, they say 'no no no, it says Z... When you say it says X again, they call you a stupid moron and say,'this verse says this, so this verse undoes this verse this verse says this and look at this verse, you are going to hell for being catholic' lol.
Stay away from them. If you were really a catholic before, you could easily go to Confession and partake in the Eucharist, and you won't be at war with the new Israel anymore.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#493317 Nov 20, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell ALL of us Catholics,(WHICH ONE) of your Protestant bible only. 42,100+ contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting interpretations of God's word is the truth!....... You "floundering (self-interpreting fundies" are so divided, splintered and fractured among yourselves, when it comes to interpreting Gods Word, that "none of you" can agree on ANYTHING!!....... Your "relative truth" opinionated beliefs, are NOTHING but a (continual) "hodge-podge" of more and more Protestant division and more and more heretical preaching that has undermined the TRUTH of the TRUE Interpretation of the bible since 382, 393 and 397 AD when the Early Church Fathers formed and correctly interpreted the bible, giving ALL OF US the Canon of Scripture, which you (continue to twist, distort and prevert) ALL to your own "demise and destruction"! The TRUTH of the TRUE intepretation of Gods Word, has, is and will always be grounded, vested and manifested in Jesus Christ (IN AND THROUGH) His One True Apostolic Catholic Church!!!!
Say on!!!!! The pope is a liar!!!!

He approved your NABre and this is what he approved:

Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God. The gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it: the netherworld (Greek Had&#275;s, the abode of the dead) is conceived of as a walled city whose gates will not close in upon the church of Jesus, i.e., it will not be overcome by the power of death.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#493318 Nov 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
We all try to understand our environment, so the fact that you put on airs about knowing the universal environment is based on your own arrogance.
You have a theory, just as we all have theories ... so what's the big deal about your theory that rates as anything special to anybody but you and your pal that preaches Gnosticism as though the words of those ancient blathering theologians came straight from on high?
Why did you find it necessary to clip parts of my post and reply. You are proving your arrogant dishonesty by omission.
That is intentional deceit.
Let me reiterate the entire post so as to expose your agenda...

>"Neither if us fully understand the "workings of the universe" June. However, we do research in an effort to understand our environment, and try to relate what we find to others in the hope that it will help them understand and interact with their environment more proficiently also.
It is not funny at all. It is an act of caring and empathy. What is sad, is that you appear to detest and reject that attempted interaction to provide knowledge and understanding toward peaceful coexistence and harmony among civilization."<
truth

Australia

#493319 Nov 20, 2013
in my alfabetic we don't have x..no.
on INRI no x..no
nothing ixri..no..ixri=fire..
i am not fire no
now
Is your mother whore..did she have poor sandals?
o I think Jesus have poor sandals as well he say to your corupt world did they are better as well why they think they are better..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#493320 Nov 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Nick understands you...lol
Then my effort to communicate and provoke thought and understanding is requited.
truth

Australia

#493321 Nov 20, 2013
your universe

which one
small
medium
large

How you will know which one have perfect life?

Location hidden

#493322 Nov 20, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why isn't that right? Not only is the proof found in the Bible, its found in how the Bible became the Bible. It was through the authority of the new Israel.
You have to remember what Christianity was for 1600 yrs before the reformation. It was a Davidic Kingdom. It was a hierarchy that infallibly ruled and taught without error. And it didn't go anywhere, its still visible today. Pope Francis has the keys.
Say on!!!!! The pope is a liar!!!!

He approved your NABre and this is what he approved:

The keys to the kingdom of heaven:

The image of the keys is probably drawn from Is 22:15–25 where Eliakim, who succeeds Shebnah as master of the palace, is given “the key of the house of David,” which he authoritatively “opens” and “shuts”(Mt 22:22).

Whatever you bind…loosed in heaven:

There are many instances in rabbinic literature of the binding-loosing imagery. Of the several meanings given there to the metaphor, two are of special importance here: the giving of authoritative teaching, and the lifting or imposing of the ban of excommunication. It is disputed whether the image of the keys and that of binding and loosing are different metaphors meaning the same thing. In any case, the promise of the keys is given to Peter alone.

In Mt 18:18 all the disciples are given the power of binding and loosing, but the context of that verse suggests that there the power of excommunication alone is intended. That the keys are those to the kingdom of heaven and that Peter’s exercise of authority in the church on earth will be confirmed in heaven show an intimate connection between, but not an identification of, the church and the kingdom of heaven.
truth

Australia

#493323 Nov 20, 2013
it is written
where is perfection
others can't go there
no

Location hidden

#493324 Nov 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You should leave the odor of your panties out if the discussion....
You look really good with egg all over your face!!!!
truth

Australia

#493325 Nov 20, 2013
no nobody against church

church is buildings or place where people gathering come together..

what Jesus say
he come because of sinners
truth

Australia

#493326 Nov 20, 2013
ajde jadan nebio tamo
kako nevidis da su izokrenili slova i cijeli svijet naopako
e pa svasta
u nasega Krste svake vrste
svakog jada i zuluma
ma ni uma=conciseness
understand to understood
Liam

United States

#493327 Nov 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
didn't you ever wonder why the Roman empire failed to topple the Catholic Church for 300 yrs? in the end they ended up converting. The Muslims tried. The Turks. Napoleon kidnapped the Pope and failed. Stalin scoffed at the Church who 'didn't have any tanks to stop him'. Yet he failed in destroying this Church. Hitler surrounded Rome and couldn't topple it .
Its because the Catholic Church is the new Israel and per Jesus' own words: "the gates of hell shall never prevail against it". Our Lord wasn't lying Rose. No country on the planet has ever out lived the Catholic Church.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zekeriyaköy General Electric (0212) 342 00 24 )... 2 min generalelectricser 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min gundee123 100,084
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Aura Mytha 839,993
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min set free in truth 176,949
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min Truths 612,220
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 22 min set free in truth 70,210
GENERAL ELECTRIC Sariyer ( O2I2) 342 00 24 – ) ... 24 min generalelectricser 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 hr Mr Ironhart 4,636
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 hr Insults Are Easier 271,403
More from around the web