Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637816 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#493553 Nov 21, 2013
If a man named Jesus fed 5,000 hungry people, why wouldn't he have fed all the hungry people?

If a man named Jesus miraclized one blind man, why wouldn't he have created sight for all blind men/women/children?

....The pathway to truth lies in very careful study of reality, not the hopes and dreams of our fallible minds.

Michael

Canada

#493554 Nov 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Nick, I figured it was something like that. Will you practice the Nativity Fast? Hope this Advent season brings you good health and happiness.
Anthony says........Hope this Advent season brings you good health and happiness.

Michael says.........what do you say then, if it doesn't?

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493555 Nov 21, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.... People of religious belief can treat other people like crap and do whatever reprehensible things they desire (as often as they desire) but as long as they ask forgiveness and believe really, really hard, "grace" will keep them safe. Imagine!
This book was based on the brutality put upon homosexuals.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

“God’s Bullies,” by Perry Deanne Young.

In the name of Jesus and God, they had perpetrated all kinds of little cruelties on others and had meanwhile fooled themselves into thinking they could do no wrong because they were always carrying out God’s will.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493556 Nov 21, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
All these religions you speak of are spin offs from catholic church.
Catholicism spun off of Judaism, and then in turn vilified Judaism.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#493557 Nov 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And you believed THAT???
I suggest that a theologian made up that story to in turn get the hypnotized flock even more worked up.
I saw the bible in another photo and all that was burned was part of the plastic around the Bible. anyway, who cares if you believe it or not, you aint nothing but an idiot to me.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493558 Nov 21, 2013
Each new religion vilified the ones that came before it, and in turn, the ones that came after it.

Otherwise how could that one religion brag of owning a creator's TRUTH???

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493559 Nov 21, 2013
I suggest that it wasn't in Marin Luther's dictating mindset that religion should be separated from government ... but inadvertently, what he stated might have had some effect on the thoughts of others TO at least try to separate religion from government.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Reformation

At the beginning of the Protestant Reformation, Martin Luther articulated a doctrine of the two kingdoms. According to James Madison, perhaps one of the most important modern proponents of the separation of church and state, Luther's doctrine of the two kingdoms marked the beginning of the modern conception of separation of church and state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_ch ...

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493560 Nov 21, 2013
Martin
Michael

Canada

#493561 Nov 21, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
ignorance of humans, that's what make the world continue to keep spinning around.... ghee, I learned the winds, moon and sun is what keeps the earth spinning on it's axis.
i guess i learned incorreclty..:)
Perhaps if you had God in your heart you would have learned this yourself.
Only teasing you June, keep that sense of humor.
Why does Earth spin?

.......Earth spins because of the way it was formed. Our Solar System formed about 4.6 billion years ago when a huge cloud of gas and dust started to collapse under its own gravity. As the cloud collapsed, it started to spin. Some of the material within this cloud gathered into swirling eddies and eventually formed into planets. As the planets formed, they kept this spinning motion. This is similar to what you see when skaters pull in their arms and spin faster. As material gathered in more closely to form a planet, like Earth, the material spun faster. The Earth keeps on spinning because there are no forces acting to stop it.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493562 Nov 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I saw the bible in another photo and all that was burned was part of the plastic around the Bible.
Anybody can singe the plastic on a bible and take a picture of it, with a flamboyant story being attached.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493563 Nov 21, 2013
Michael wrote:
If a man named Jesus fed 5,000 hungry people, why wouldn't he have fed all the hungry people?
If a man named Jesus miraclized one blind man, why wouldn't he have created sight for all blind men/women/children?
....The pathway to truth lies in very careful study of reality, not the hopes and dreams of our fallible minds.
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

Pagan Miracles

Christians are in the habit of assuming that all the miraculous reports in the bible are unquestionably true, while those reported in pagan bibles are mere fables and fiction.

The famous historian Pausanias states upon current authority that Esculapius raised several persons from the dead, and names Hippolytus among the number, and then points to a stone monument erected as a proof of the occurrence—thus furnishing, according to Christian logic, the most conclusive proof of one of the most astounding miracles ever wrought. And yet no philosopher or man of science in this age can credit the literal truth to that story.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493564 Nov 21, 2013
Jewish references erased in newly found Nazi Bible

Last updated at 14:47 07 August 2006

An institute in Germany has unearthed a Nazi bible ordered by Adolf Hitler to replace the old and new testaments expunged of all references to Jews.

Hitler's race theorists even rewrote the 10 commandments and added two more for good measure in the book called ?German with God? which was ? alongside Hitler? s autobiography ? meant to be required reading in every home in his Third Reich.

Thou shalt not kill, coveting one's neighbour's wife, thou shalt not steal and all other others were scrapped by a regime that stole, murdered and plundered its way across the world.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-39947...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#493565 Nov 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion was and IS all about competing for power.
As a monk Martin Luther had no power. But as the leader of a new religion, he had an abundance of power.
The ex-Jews that started the Christian religion also pulled the same stunt. They had no power under the all-powerful Jewish Rabbis, but as leaders of the new religion, they held the power over others.
U missed the point again as U always tend to do with every one of your responses. U never comment on the point...U just pick out what may be up for your own interpretation. My point was that the movement wasn't about a power struggle but a protest against the established Roman Catholic Church for honoring pagan practices and rituals and imposing these practices on the people. Why didn't U comment on that?! That was the point!! I see that U're all talk. U're not serious about finding out the truth! U just claim to already have it!!!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#493566 Nov 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody can singe the plastic on a bible and take a picture of it, with a flamboyant story being attached.
IF YOU CANT PROVE THAT THIS WAS DONE, YOU NEED TO JUST BUTTON YOUR LIP UP.

actually sewing your mouth and fingers together would be much better.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#493567 Nov 21, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.... People of religious belief can treat other people like crap and do whatever reprehensible things they desire (as often as they desire) but as long as they ask forgiveness and believe really, really hard, "grace" will keep them safe. Imagine!
~~~

What you have said (above might appear to be true, because of the way hateful (so called) Christians treat others....but it isn't...

grace... is given but is not to be abused...

1Pe_4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

1Jn_3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Pro_29:1 He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.

#493568 Nov 21, 2013
Topix rejected several posts of mine because I attempted to give a dictionary description of the word 'churl'.

Why would they then allow this page to be completely dominated by individuals posting nearly a full page?

This page has 17 posts by one person (truth)! I have nothing against her, I believe she is sincere, and needs encouragement, but she does not know the language and her posts are meaningless to those of us who do not know hers.

She, of course is not the only one who strings out numerous posts that do not contribute to discussion.

??????
KayMarie

#493570 Nov 21, 2013
Eleven June VanDerMarks out of 20 posts!
KM

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#493571 Nov 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
What you have said (above might appear to be true, because of the way hateful (so called) Christians treat others....but it isn't...
grace... is given but is not to be abused...
1Pe_4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
1Jn_3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
Pro_29:1 He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.
YOUR right of course,..And I'm the first to admit getting emotional
And sometimes hurt and angered .

We all need to pray we not let this,forum.lead us, to sin..

God's eyes much more important ..

I pray we ALL right or,wrong in each other's,eyes ..temper our feelings
And,responses..to those who love JESUS and those who are not believers

In Jesus name ..Amen

#493572 Nov 21, 2013
who="Michael" <quoted text>
Why does Earth spin?
.......Earth spins because of the way it was formed. Our Solar System formed about 4.6 billion years ago when a huge cloud of gas and dust started to collapse under its own gravity. As the cloud collapsed, it started to spin. Some of the material within this cloud gathered into swirling eddies and eventually formed into planets. As the planets formed, they kept this spinning motion. This is similar to what you see when skaters pull in their arms and spin faster. As material gathered in more closely to form a planet, like Earth, the material spun faster. The Earth keeps on spinning because there are no forces acting to stop it.

----------
Absolutely hilarious! Where did that 'cloud of gas and dust' come from? From where did the gravity or the material in the cloud come from?

I know! The earth sits on the back of a turtle, which sits on the back of a larger turtle, which sits on the ...(Do you get the picture?)

When you locate your copy of the Billion Year Calendar, I would love to read it...

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#493573 Nov 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Michael" <quoted text>
Why does Earth spin?
----------
Absolutely hilarious! Where did that 'cloud of gas and dust' come from? From where did the gravity or the material in the cloud come from?
I know! The earth sits on the back of a turtle, which sits on the back of a larger turtle, which sits on the ...(Do you get the picture?)
When you locate your copy of the Billion Year Calendar, I would love to read it...
KayMarie
It was,left with the Mayans,..they had it on walls,.But the,really old,ones,were destroyed.....But it ended last year any way :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min T-Town Anon 29,345
Why was Prince cremated SO SOON after autopsy??? 8 min Doctor REALITY 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 41 min scientia potentia... 618,229
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 58 min X Pendable 181,923
The Real Sabrina Guy-Kinser (Mar '12) 1 hr Somedude 2
I never REALIZED........ 1 hr Doctor REALITY 9
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr scientia potentia... 44,205
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Ooogah Boogah 968,837
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 12 hr Paul is dead sinc... 3,691
More from around the web