Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646635 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493513 Nov 21, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
12But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,
Is your image of a god named Jehovah, or Elohim, or Adonai???

After all ... the Jewish image is the ONLY image of a god in the Abrahamic theology ... PERIOD.

Thou shalt not make a god OVER into your own Catholic religion's image.

tongue in cheek
marge

Leesburg, GA

#493514 Nov 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The New Israel,(Jesus' church,) is a spiritually defined people with whom God deals with mainly on a spiritual level (NOT a so-called church here on earth, physical but SPIRITUAL.)
James 1:18
He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.

1 Peter 1:23
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#493515 Nov 21, 2013
The fall of Israel is
I. Temporary (verses 11-16).
1. It was overruled for the benefit of the world, because in consequence of their unbelief the preachers of the gospel turned to the Gentiles (Act_13:16).
2. Their fulness—
(1) Must be the occasion of still greater blessing (Rom_11:12-15).
(2) Must be the reflex effect of the success of the gospel among the Gentiles (Rom_11:13-14).
(3) Is guaranteed by the firstfruits (Rom_11:15-16).
II. Admonitory.
1. We should not despise but pity them (Rom_11:17-18).
2. Their fall—
(1) Is a warning to us (Rom_11:19-21).
(2) Should excite admiration of the goodness and severity of God (Rom_11:22).
(3) Should awaken hope and efforts for their recovery.(J. Lyth, D.D)

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493516 Nov 21, 2013
To be stuck in one's own personalized religion is the nature of all religious cults.

The example of most mindsets in the cults are ... "MINE" ... "LOOK AT ME" ... "GOD believes I am wonderful ... and you are evil trash."

YUCK!!!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493517 Nov 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
The fall of Israel is
I. Temporary (verses 11-16).
1. It was overruled for the benefit of the world, because in consequence of their unbelief the preachers of the gospel turned to the Gentiles (Act_13:16).
2. Their fulness—
(1) Must be the occasion of still greater blessing (Rom_11:12-15).
(2) Must be the reflex effect of the success of the gospel among the Gentiles (Rom_11:13-14).
(3) Is guaranteed by the firstfruits (Rom_11:15-16).
II. Admonitory.
1. We should not despise but pity them (Rom_11:17-18).
2. Their fall—
(1) Is a warning to us (Rom_11:19-21).
(2) Should excite admiration of the goodness and severity of God (Rom_11:22).
(3) Should awaken hope and efforts for their recovery.(J. Lyth, D.D)
Arrogance is your lot, and you will live with it until you die ... unless of course you choose to see beyond such arrogance.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493519 Nov 21, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
James 1:18
He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.
1 Peter 1:23
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.
If you never owned or even knew of the existence of a bible ... how could you brag about your own concept of you deserving salvation?

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493520 Nov 21, 2013
Truthful theology.

:)

I am the creator, and I am fed up with you stupid humans believing that your religions please me.

You deserve a kick in your butts ... and now I wash my invisible hands of all of you.

Do what you will as I could care less!!!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493521 Nov 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No insult intended, just a bit of sadness that you would make a statement so reminiscent of protestant bigotry.
Do you not see how Catholic and Protestant theologians taught you to fight among each other?

Is that what you believe religion should do TO you?

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493522 Nov 21, 2013
Martin Luther, the dead-headed monk, came alive when he became the leader of his newly devised Protestant religion.

WHAT A THRILL for dear old Martin.

NOW he was POWERFUL and he could compete with the pope and show the pope who was BOSS.

If you don't see these issues, you don't WANT to see.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#493523 Nov 21, 2013
http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/Pair-Escap... .

the only thing that didn't burn was a family bible

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#493525 Nov 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
To be stuck in one's own personalized religion is the nature of all religious cults.
The example of most mindsets in the cults are ... "MINE" ... "LOOK AT ME" ... "GOD believes I am wonderful ... and you are evil trash."
YUCK!!!
Taking from your posts I see that U really think that this religious stuff has always been since the beginning of conscious thought a bunch of crock and a waste of mind, am I right?! Good...ok...how far would U think humanity would have come if their was no concept of a deity? And I don't expect one of your sarcastic or "smart-ass" comments. I DO expect a grown-up explanation (not that I'm putting U on the stand) because U seem to have a utopian view of history without religion. I'm just asking for an intelligently put-together scenario of mankind without that concept of religion. Not about what would not have happen...but what would have resulted.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493526 Nov 21, 2013
Martin Luther did not reform religion. As the popes had done when they left Judaism ... Martin simply took religion spinning off into another arrogant whirlwind of bloodshed, brutality and death.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493527 Nov 21, 2013
Most humans in prisons claim to be religious.

What does that say about religion???

Wake up people ... or not. It's your choice. If you can't be kind to others without religion, you won't be kind to others when religion owns you.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#493528 Nov 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you never owned or even knew of the existence of a bible ... how could you brag about your own concept of you deserving salvation?
Nobody deserves salvation June...and most including myself never read or studied the Bible before being saved.

You find that curious?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#493529 Nov 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
WHAT The Bible says
concerning the position of the Jews and heritage of the gentiles...
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
NOTE
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
Amen

I don't see why they don't see that ..I.am still surprised ..
One just said the,Jews,won't know,Jesus,like I think ..But maybe after
Death..or something like that ...all will see,Jesus,when they die,

I'm not totally convinced faithful Jews who worship the,God of Abraham... who die are not in Abrahams,bosom ..even today ...But That's,only something I feel ...And I know,that .

BUT in the,END '....His,remnant will be saved .

Aren't the,144 thousand annointed Jews??? In the end times in order to spread HIS,WORD to tHE,Jews

Any way
I guess,they REALLY think Catholics are,superior FOREVER in God's,eyes.
Again I'm surprised

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493530 Nov 21, 2013
Whether Hindu, Jew, Catholic, Muslim or Protestant ... male theologians manipulated the words to suit their own DESIRES.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Evidence suggests that the process of canonization occurred between 200 BC and 200 AD. A popular position is that the Torah was canonized circa 400 BC, the Prophets circa 200 BC, and the Writings circa 100 CE,[5] perhaps at a hypothetical Council of Jamnia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanakh

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493531 Nov 21, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody deserves salvation June...
Knock it off! The ONLY reason you have faith in your particular religion, is that your theologians taught you that without Catholicism you could NOT be saved.

If you try telling the truth for a change, and you will then be able to spot the lies.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493532 Nov 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess,they REALLY think Catholics are,superior FOREVER in God's,eyes.
Again I'm surprised
Why are YOU surprised?

YOU wouldn't be preaching your morphed form of dogmatic nonsense unless you believed in your own salvation above all others ... including Catholics.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#493533 Nov 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You don't even know the teachings of your own church let alone what the Orthodox believe. We are all still waiting for...WHERE IN THE BIBLE IS FATIMA?...
Read the bible and find out.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493534 Nov 21, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody deserves salvation June...and most including myself never read or studied the Bible before being saved.
This is the basic teaching of the Catholic religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Atheist Buster 971,700
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 4 min andet1987 2,064
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 5 min Doctor REALITY 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min Atheist Buster 48,761
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 58 min Brian_G 445,723
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 44,695
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 hr Voyeur 38,756
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Annaleigh 105,621
More from around the web