Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,387
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#493251 Nov 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You and BT understand the workings of the universe, and the rest of us poor ignorant slobs don't have your ability to grasp such high-falutin knowledge.
How funny!
Neither if us fully understand the "workings of the universe" June. However, we do research in an effort to understand our environment, and try to relate what we find to others in the hope that it will help them understand and interact with their environment more proficiently also.
It is not funny at all. It is an act of caring and empathy. What is sad, is that you appear to detest and reject that attempted interaction to provide knowledge and understanding toward peaceful coexistence and harmony among civilization.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#493253 Nov 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, I said the Catholic Church is the New Israel. I don't think I opined as to the exact geographical location of His return.
The measurement for the New Jerusalem are given Anthony ..Jesus will reign there ...in Israel.

You are saying it's,Rome it's not ...ISRAEL ..where He left ..he will return..to HIS,earthly home ..as King .over US ..HIS BRIDE ..the believers
And just an opinion..woe to anyone trying to usurp HIS POWER .
NO POPE is mentioned ..the only head of he GENTILES Church is,
JESUS.

The apostles will rule over the twelve tribes of Israel .. IN Israel ..not Rome ..no wonder your Pope wants rights in Israel ...wow..unbelievable ...

NO HIGH PRIESTS as you said ..Jesus is the ONLY HIGH PRIEST.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#493254 Nov 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, I said the Catholic Church is the New Israel. I don't think I opined as to the exact geographical location of His return.
Well if Rome is the New,Jerusalem as you think ..why wouldn't He go there if that is HIS TEMPLE..

His temple will be in JERUSALEM .. the real NEW JERUSALEM

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#493255 Nov 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I do agree.
Let's see how many people actually use their Self.
;o)
I'm pretty sure that U use....*clears throat*....yourSELF. LOL!!! Ay, that's not me but U set the joke up and I couldn't just let it get by!! LOL!! I crack mySELF up!! There it goes again!!! LOL!! Ooooh maaan!!*tearing up*
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#493256 Nov 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Tommy-rot!!!!
43. Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God:
God's visible Kingdom, or Church, upon earth, which up to this time stood in the seed of Abraham. shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof..
That is, the great evangelical community of the faithful, which, after the extrusion of the Jewish nation, would consist chiefly of Gentiles, until "all Israel should be saved" (Ro 11:25,26). This vastly important statement is given by Matthew only.
Ro 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be i gnorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
You should leave the odor of your panties out if the discussion....

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#493257 Nov 20, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>I'm pretty sure that U use....*clears throat*....yourSELF. LOL!!! Ay, that's not me but U set the joke up and I couldn't just let it get by!! LOL!! I crack mySELF up!! There it goes again!!! LOL!! Ooooh maaan!!*tearing up*
I do use my Self - probably in more ways than you.

I started with being honest with my Self about what has been written and what I read.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#493258 Nov 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Every word you post about the Catholic Church is a lie. I'd be careful to read what scripture says about liars and slanderers if I were you confrinting. Your time for repentance is coming to an end.
The catholic church is nothing more than a church created by a few disgruntled individuals who enjoyed the attention they were getting from the Roman dignitaries and there you have it, a false church teaching false doctrine, and if you believe in the catholic church you have got to read the bible for yourself and I don't mean the catholic bible which says what they want it to say so you can see the truth instead of lie after lie.. Why would you be part of a church created by the devil and is even talked about in Revelation as being nothing more than a harlot. Do you actually believe in purgatory, infant baptizing, Mary being sinless, and praying to dead saints and on and on, if you do you're lost and I urge you to go to the Church of Christ and study with them and get baptized and live a happy full life, knowing you will be going to heaven when your days are over from your journey.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#493259 Nov 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You give a perfect example of why I left Christianity - no one could ever be direct and concise in a conclusion, so they use metaphors and double-talk to think they made their point.
Fact - a person would die if exposure in Antartica while naked. An umbrella would do nothing to help the person. But you couldn't say this, and instead implied and projected that I would say, "It's all in your head". Sorry I would not. Please don't do that again.
And then you just brushed off to the side what I said - and your reasoning being (in what I am imagining), is because of disbelief in those facts.
You are so wound up with a false belief in men, you fail to accept the facts and semantics proven to exist within your religion, just to continue to believe in those lies.
Why?
NASL

Peace

I am not sure of what you mean, and so I must assume:

For instance, you seem to have a definite prejudice against using one's imagination....

For instance, you seem to rely on "facts", which are merely sensory imputes into the brain as a source, rather than categorized data.(This means you believe that you are not biased, which is basically an impossibility.)

For instance, you seem to have a prejudice against using metaphor, analogy, and allegory. Relying on literalism has definite drawbacks to conceptually understanding higher realms of thought....

I am sorry for being honest with you, but you are taking what I write to you with your own solution...i.e. "The reason why you left Christianity...." But if it makes you happy, I am not complaining..., just observing the effects, with some "for instances" of where it has led you....

Concerning my "belief in men", I am quite well aware of hypocrisy. You just don't think I am....You make your own assumptions and put it on me as well...(smiles)

Peace
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#493260 Nov 20, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why isn't that right? Not only is the proof found in the Bible, its found in how the Bible became the Bible. It was through the authority of the new Israel.
You have to remember what Christianity was for 1600 yrs before the reformation. It was a Davidic Kingdom. It was a hierarchy that infallibly ruled and taught without error. And it didn't go anywhere, its still visible today. Pope Francis has the keys.
Liam, you should read this, its not about the subject you are discussing right now, but very important. http://www.usccb.org/news/2013/13-210.cfm
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#493261 Nov 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The measurement for the New Jerusalem are given Anthony ..Jesus will reign there ...in Israel.
You are saying it's,Rome it's not ...ISRAEL ..where He left ..he will return..to HIS,earthly home ..as King .over US ..HIS BRIDE ..the believers
And just an opinion..woe to anyone trying to usurp HIS POWER .
NO POPE is mentioned ..the only head of he GENTILES Church is,
JESUS.
The apostles will rule over the twelve tribes of Israel .. IN Israel ..not Rome ..no wonder your Pope wants rights in Israel ...wow..unbelievable ...
NO HIGH PRIESTS as you said ..Jesus is the ONLY HIGH PRIEST.
Read my lips Rose: "The Catholic Church is the New Israel. The Catholic Church is His bride. The pope is His prime minister, the bishops and priests are His High Priests. The Blessed Virgin is His Queen Mother."
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#493262 Nov 20, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text>The catholic church is nothing more than a church created by a few disgruntled individuals who enjoyed the attention they were getting from the Roman dignitaries and there you have it, a false church teaching false doctrine, and if you believe in the catholic church you have got to read the bible for yourself and I don't mean the catholic bible which says what they want it to say so you can see the truth instead of lie after lie.. Why would you be part of a church created by the devil and is even talked about in Revelation as being nothing more than a harlot. Do you actually believe in purgatory, infant baptizing, Mary being sinless, and praying to dead saints and on and on, if you do you're lost and I urge you to go to the Church of Christ and study with them and get baptized and live a happy full life, knowing you will be going to heaven when your days are over from your journey.
Where does the bible say the Catholic Church is the harlot?
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#493263 Nov 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture says,He will return there as He left ..they are,His,people,.
What right does,the Catholic Church have to anything from their Temple ...God gave that land o the,Jews..And the Pope is not David or Solomon .JESUS,will rile here with the APOSTLES ..
This is,also a disgrace
http://templemountjerusalem.blogspot.com/2009...
http://ivarfjeld.com/2011/01/24/palestinians-...
Rose, taking the bible too literally causes a lot of problems. What Christ meant by *Temple* is not a building, but His followers. Many protestant leaders added on to apocalyptic prophesies. I have even heard mr. Crouch say he will be head of the FCC in heaven. when you meet Christ when you die, is more important than waiting on signs for the end times. You are not supposed to worry about the end times, Christ said so.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#493264 Nov 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You discount the research of science and their applications, yet you are utilizing the very tools resulting from that research you refuse to accept as reasonable actuality as you type right now.
How funny and hypocritical is that?
Good science is theory in the idea that there is always more to learn. And what you keep implying is that you and "New Age Spiritual Leader" own KNOWLEDGE that the rest of us are too dumb as of yet to figure out.

What a lot of arrogant nonsense.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#493265 Nov 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The,Jews are the,Chosen of God ...we,are,adopted Children of Israel .
Grafted,into the,tree,..No wonder how theses people were treated ..over the Centuries,...I have to say I'm.shocked once again.
Taking the,PLACE of Israel ......And THRY were miraculously returned to their COUNTRY..WHY?'
So the,Pope could make a deal with the people who had sworn to kill them out of existence !!!!!!##
You say you grew up Catholic and were taught by the nun?
We aren't revealing anything new here. Jesus came as God. Him giving Peter the keys and the Apostles authority, He thereby establishes the new Israel. Thats sola scripture. The topology of the old flowing into the new and the new revealing the old is what the Church always taught. Its all right in front of you guys and you can't see it.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#493266 Nov 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my lips Rose: "The Catholic Church is the New Israel. The Catholic Church is His bride. The pope is His prime minister, the bishops and priests are His High Priests. The Blessed Virgin is His Queen Mother."
1. The Roman Catholic church IS NOT the new Jerusalem.
2. The Roman Catholic church IS NOT the bride of Christ.
3. The Roman Catholic pope IS NOT the prime minister of anything.
4. The Roman Catholic bishops and priests ARE NOT high priests.
5. The Roman Catholic Mary IS NOT a queen.

Other than being incorrect in these 5 items you got it right. Wait a minute. There are only FIVE ITEMS. Well then, at least you are consistent....wrong all the time!

Prince George, Canada

#493267 Nov 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
However, we do research in an effort to understand our environment, and try to relate what we find to others in the hope that it will help them understand and interact with their environment more proficiently also.
We all try to understand our environment, so the fact that you put on airs about knowing the universal environment is based on your own arrogance.

You have a theory, just as we all have theories ... so what's the big deal about your theory that rates as anything special to anybody but you and your pal that preaches Gnosticism as though the words of those ancient blathering theologians came straight from on high?
truth

Australia

#493268 Nov 20, 2013
wicket satanic organization will and tray cover up most evil things for beneficiary of what?..

evil serve evil..they will tell you who are you to ruin organization and way on most hurtful what they set up and wrongdoing..

its exist very low organizations
its exist very high organizations

to ruin every person and family

that's Law is not Law..

nobody respect law in future less any authority

by

Prince George, Canada

#493269 Nov 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Will "he" reign as a Catholic, or a Protestant preacher?

:)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#493270 Nov 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ok. There are a few who will, and if it helps provide some insight, that's worth the effort.
Nick understands you...lol

Prince George, Canada

#493271 Nov 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if Rome is the New,Jerusalem as you think ..why wouldn't He go there if that is HIS TEMPLE..
His temple will be in JERUSALEM .. the real NEW JERUSALEM
So now you are talking "TEMPLE" rather than church???

Suddenly it seems that the Jesus-myth has slipped back into Judaism's terminology.

Maybe Jesus is still a Jew faithful to Judaism in the minds of Christians after all.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Aura Mytha 793,843
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Rick in Kansas 267,319
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 27 min andet1987 5,308
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 34 min andet1987 5,755
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Grunt56 221,529
Gay snapchat names 1 hr nickkaraoke 326
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 2 hr Mr Slovak 464
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Epiphany2 607,071
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr Rosa_Winkel 97,429
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 21 hr henk 175