Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670420 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493478 Nov 21, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
Clay,
I have studied Catholicism for many years.
Some writings that I have read include Augustine, Aquinas, Bonaventure,Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, Spellman, Kung (exiled but brilliant) Kempis,Congar,Hildebrand,Rahne r,John Henry Newman, Schillebeeckx,Merton,St John of the Cross,etc.
I studied in Adult Independent Study with a Franciscan sister for 1-2 years.(cant quite remember) She gave me much material on St Francis and we studied from a book "Christ Among Us" and a giant book "Catholicism".
I attended Catholic Mass for about 3 years.
I continue to read and learn.
In order to spot the lies in one's own religion, one must study all other religions with an objective attitude.

Otherwise your own religion will keep feeding your ego with the silly notion that YOU own truth.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493479 Nov 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you not calling the Holy Spirit a liar, since He inspired every word in Scripture?????
Jehovah inspired men to write the Catholic scriptures???

Your theology is off track of common sense.

Jehovah would inspire men to write nothing but what aligned to Judaism.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493480 Nov 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>[ One might justifiably refer to the United States as Sodom, considering the honor now given to homosexuals,]
Your ego flourishes on the one-up-man-ship attitude that homosexuals are vile to a creator, while heterosexuals are his shining "STARS" ... as in Hollywood-stars.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Assyrian clay tablet points to 'Sodom and Gomorrah' asteroid

A Cuneiform clay tablet which for over 150 years defied attempts at interpretation has now been revealed to describe an asteroid impact which in 3123 BC hit Köfels, Austria, leaving in its wake a trail of destruction which may acccount for the biblical tale of Sodom and Gomorrah.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/31/kofel ...

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493481 Nov 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Infallible Sacred Word of God overshadows all other books...writings....sayings... teachings...etc etc etc...try it...you will love it!!!!
Within the Abrahamic religion ... that would be the first book written by the Jews that started the one-god dogma.

Even the Jewish literature that came after that first book, would have taken the literature off track to a different form OF Judaism.

And I have no idea which book was the first one-god dogma book of the Jews, because at one time, the Jews believed in the existence of many gods.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493482 Nov 21, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The earth will be destroyed,
Why would any god in its right mind destroy the earth, if it believes that the humans caused the problems?

If the god was that angry, it could just get rid of all the humans, and leave all the other animals to keep on with THEIR daily suffering, as special entertainment FOR the god.

Silly people and their silly theologies get totally "carried away."

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493483 Nov 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus returns ..no.Jewish Church ..no.Gentile Church ..just HIS CHURCH..HIS BRIDE .Jew and GENTILES ..all born again by faith in our Saviour Yeshua Ha Mosiach ...
I really have no idea where this new Jerusalem ..Rome came from..
This is the age of the GENTILES Church. For now ...But NOT forever .
So according to your perfected theology ... Jesus will take all the winners off to Christian heaven ... while his father spends eternity in Olam Haba with only the faithful Jews???

:)

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493484 Nov 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church is depicted as the bride of Christ.
Christ loved the Church (and gave Himself for HER.)
It is a picture of BOTH of what Christ has done for us, and what He continues to do for us.
Within warped theology ... if Jesus loves the Catholic religion, he betrayed the Jews. That is plain and simple. And that is why the Jews don't believe that Jesus was or is the messiah.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493485 Nov 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The image of Christ and His church as husband and wife is rooted in the Old Testament scriptures.
Jeremiah 31:32
32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they BROKE my covenant,
<<<<<though I was a HUSBAND to them,”
declares the Lord.>>>>>
Where does it mention the word Catholic?

And I suggest you PUT in your mind that the word LORD to the Jews means Jehovah ... NOT Jesus.
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#493486 Nov 21, 2013
prosecution of good people nothing to do with real creator

Creator not make anyone for suffering

evil satanic wicket produce in world most worst then you need trust anyone..
by

not me
not before
never after
no
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#493487 Nov 21, 2013
look your evil enimy in eyes
tell them who they are
how much corupt evil they are

don't be affraid died for good

evil serve evil

did your mother have poor sandalds

did your priest and whichone have poor sandals

did your authority is poor in minus as they pretend with lips

not nice be liar

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493488 Nov 21, 2013
In religion there are winners and losers.

Winners take ALL the good stuff and losers take the eternal punishment ... unless of course you are a Wiccan. THEN it seems that there are no losers, as the goddess loves everybody with a PASSION.

Theology is NUTS.
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#493489 Nov 21, 2013
evil serve evil

corupt criminal organization corruptions
wicket serve evil satanic wicket killers

nothing change since foundation of this world exist

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyy

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493490 Nov 21, 2013
All religion equates to word-tampering.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

What's the difference between the Torah and the old testament?

Best AnswerAsker's Choice

OK, let's clarify:

Firstly, the 'old testament' is a Christian text. It is not the Jewish scriptures, though many assume it is. But the OT is the Christianised and often MIStranslated version of the Jewish bible, the Tanakh.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493491 Nov 21, 2013
Catholics wrote the new testament.

Why do you suppose they referred to it AS the new testament???

The word NEW insinuates that the creator has updated the latest news from on high and that according to the creator the old religion was based on lies and in turn its sin-filled wicked believers ought to be put to death.

That is what the Catholics WANTED you to believe, and that is how they vilified all of Judaism as being based on lies.

I suggest that concerning theology, old AND new is based on nothing but mythical peace disturbing rubbish.
Catholic Girl

United States

#493492 Nov 21, 2013
Just wondering here, June what makes you such an authority on religion and God?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#493493 Nov 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to spot the lies in one's own religion, one must study all other religions with an objective attitude.
Otherwise your own religion will keep feeding your ego with the silly notion that YOU own truth.
now that makes sence

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#493494 Nov 21, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I think so too.
You don't even know the teachings of your own church let alone what the Orthodox believe. We are all still waiting for...WHERE IN THE BIBLE IS FATIMA?...
Michael

Canada

#493495 Nov 21, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, I told you and so did another poster. cathlicbible101.com made it very clear, the site is an apologetic site where it explains why and what to tell protestants who misunderstand. Christ is an extension of Judaism, Christ founded the Catholic Church, Peter was the first Pope, nothing will destroy the Church. Why would God not want the jews to know and love His Son? The Jews will one day . Maybe not the way you want it, but they will even if its when they die and meet Him for the first time. This post is not meant to upset you or harass you like you think or maybe purposely say . Another thing, we are not to dwell on the end times , Christ said this.
Christianity will one day hit the skids like the Dodo bird. Today in western europe where christianity first put down roots, is fast moving away from christianity today. France boasts 85% baptized catholics yet today less than 7 out of every 100 french catholics actually practices their faith. The faithful in Ireland, Spain, Italy, Germany, USA, Canada are fast becoming catholics in name only.

The new "joiners" of christianity today are in very poor uneducated parts of the world where people have hit bottom and grasping for "something" religion is their only choice. Down the road once they too have attained prosperity christianity will disappear much like almost all former beliefs from the past have done.

The fastest growing segment of people in america today are non believers. Most born of christian heritage are people for the first time actually thinking for themselves and not becoming the family tradition of becoming what mom and dad want them to become..........just like them!

I bring information that all should know, but don't want to believe.
Michael

Canada

#493496 Nov 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Never really left protestantism have ya? Does Nick know?
....Imagine if by CHANCE you were born into a loving protestant or othodox belief instead of born by CHANCE into your catholic belief?

.... Do you actually believe you would have found your way to catholicism?

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493497 Nov 21, 2013
I suggest that there never were gods destroying temples or anything on earth whatsoever ... but there WERE plenty of men to commit such deeds.

Religion was a prize to the winners and it meant torture and death to the losers ... so which group in their right minds would want to be perceived as evil offenders of a god or gods.

The theologians had to be cunning and use whatever means available to them to gain a following and military might, so that other groups of religious bandits would not come out on TOP.

Meanwhile the theologians kept on writing nonsense to instill fear and hatred in the followers.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Why the Almighty Caused Jerusalem and His Temple to be Destroyed

http://www.josephus.org/causeofDestruct.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min another viewer 980,201
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min Elerby 100,738
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min Peter Ross 445,658
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 16 min Peter Ross 6,149
News Tragic collission near Salton City (Nov '07) 40 min Tayummy 28
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,290
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 2 hr Tony 30
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) Wed Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web