Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687223 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#493464 Nov 21, 2013
9/06/2007
Refrain (sing twice after verses 4 and 6)
We are one body, one body in Christ;
and we do not stand alone.
We are one body, one body in Christ;
and he came that we might have life.

When you eat my body and you drink my blood,
I will live in you and you will live in my love.
When you eat my body and you drink my blood,
I will live in you and you will live in my love.

Can you hear them crying, can you feel their pain?
Will you feed my hungry, will you help my lame?
See the unborn baby, the forgotten one,
they are not forsaken, they are not unloved.

I am the Way, the Truth, the Life, I am the Final Sacrifice,
I am the Way, the Truth, the Life;
he who believes in me will have eternal life.
I am the Way, the Truth, the Life, I am the Final Sacrifice,
I am the Way, the Truth, the Life;
he who believes in me will have eternal life.
(to Verse 4)

I have come, your Savior, that you might have life,
through the tears and sorrow, through the toils and strife.
Listen when I call you, for I know your need,
come to me, your shepherd, for my flock I feed.

At the name of Jesus ev'ry knee shall bend;
Jesus is the Lord and he will come again.
At the name of Jesus ev'ry knee shall bend;
Jesus is the Lord and he will come again.

On the rock of Peter, see my Church I build.
Come receive my spirit, with my gifts be filled.
For you are my body, you're my hands and feet.
Speak my word of life to ev'ryone you meet.
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#493465 Nov 21, 2013
nobody care
satan can be angel too

as well many many of them some

you not convince me in anything
not at all
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#493466 Nov 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Since Scripture was inspired by the Holy Spirit, are you not calling Him a liar???
The keys to the kingdom of heaven:
The image of the keys is probably drawn from Is 22:15–25 where Eliakim, who succeeds Shebnah as master of the palace, is given “the key of the house of David,” which he authoritatively “opens” and “shuts”(Mt 22:22).
Whatever you bind…loosed in heaven: there are many instances in rabbinic literature of the binding-loosing imagery. Of the several meanings given there to the metaphor, two are of special importance here: the giving of authoritative teaching, and the lifting or imposing of the ban of excommunication. It is disputed whether the image of the keys and that of binding and loosing are different metaphors meaning the same thing. In any case, the promise of the keys is given to Peter alone. In Mt 18:18 all the disciples are given the power of binding and loosing, but the context of that verse suggests that there the power of excommunication alone is intended. That the keys are those to the kingdom of heaven and that Peter’s exercise of authority in the church on earth will be confirmed in heaven show an intimate connection between, but not an identification of, the church and the kingdom of heaven.
So says your pope approved Bible...it says nothin' about the "New Israel!!!!!
Why was the Apostle Paul so concerned about his Jewish friends?

As without Jesus, he knew they were lost.

Romans 10:1-4

10 Brothers and sisters, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved.

2 For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is NOT based on knowledge.

3 Since they did NOT know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did NOT submit to God’s righteousness.

4 ~~~~~Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.~~~~~

Spiritual.....

Spiritual.....

Spiritual.....

When God set the Israelites apart from all other nations, He wanted every one of them to be His people not just on a physical level but also on a spiritual level!!!!!

Old Testament Israel was a physical thing WHEREAS the CHURCH is a spiritual thing.

Now, who is the New Israel???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#493467 Nov 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a Roman Catholic denomination with headquarters at the vatacan......
But this is NOT Jesus' church.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#493468 Nov 21, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the Orthodox church teaches that its the new Israel too. I'm not sure. You may wanna look into it before you go too far.
The New Israel,(Jesus' church,) is a spiritually defined people with whom God deals with mainly on a spiritual level (NOT a so-called church here on earth, physical but SPIRITUAL.)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#493469 Nov 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church is depicted as the bride of Christ.
Christ loved the Church (and gave Himself for HER.)
It is a picture of BOTH of what Christ has done for us, and what He continues to do for us.
The image of Christ and His church as husband and wife is rooted in the Old Testament scriptures.

Jeremiah 31:32

32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they BROKE my covenant,
<<<<<though I was a HUSBAND to them,”
declares the Lord.>>>>>
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#493470 Nov 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a picture of BOTH of what Christ has done for us, and what He continues to do for us.
Jeremiah 3:14

14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the Lord; <<<<<for I am married unto you:>>>>> and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

*****for I AM MARRIED unto you....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#493471 Nov 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeremiah 3:20

20 Surely as a wife treacherously departeth from her husband, so have YE dealt treacherously with ME,~O house of Israel,~ saith the Lord.

Hosea 2:16

16 “In that day,” declares the Lord,
“you will call me ‘my husband’;
you will no longer call me ‘my master.

Read carefully....note the treachery of Israel’s spiritual adultery and the intense love of God for His wayward people.
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#493472 Nov 21, 2013
i am not going where you going
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
i never trust deceivers and possessor

not any excuse for wicket posessors

its excuse only
who deceived and posses from good souls..
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493473 Nov 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Blame it on all of them. You seem to cover all the bases
Haven't you learned YET that religion IS about covering all bases? It's scapegoating at its most active level.

THEM??? So you AGREE that there are devils in all religions just waiting to lure unsuspecting innocents into EVIL???

It's only fair that all the devils get the same amount of credit as does your Christian conjured-up devil.

RIGHT???

:)
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#493474 Nov 21, 2013
not for any money of this world not any world
evil is evil
i will died like that..

wicket evil world never been interesting for me
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo
Liam

Chicago, IL

#493475 Nov 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The New Israel,(Jesus' church,) is a spiritually defined people with whom God deals with mainly on a spiritual level (NOT a so-called church here on earth, physical but SPIRITUAL.)
Spiritual is definitely one way to describes the Catholic Church. But the proof of the Church also being a Davidic Kingdom with a hierarchy established by Jesus Christ is not only found in scripture, but historical fact too. Many of you seem to think there was various groups of elders with Bibles in their hands. And that's how Christianity spread. The truth is that it was and is a hierarchy; a infallible teaching magisterium. The keys were passed to the next generation after the Apostles died. Actually, it is believed that John was still alive while Clement held the office of Bishop of Rome and wrote with authority to the Church in Corinth. Either way, a person should really look into what actually happened after the Apostle departed. They left us with a visible hierarchy not a set canon of Books for elders to decide what the Lords ministry is. It stayed this way unchallenged for a millennium and a half.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493476 Nov 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Your claiming that Jesus started the catholic church
What else do you expect Catholics to believe?

Within the theology, it's a given that Jehovah didn't start any Catholic or Protestant church.

The mythical Jesus was used as a PROP by the Catholics, simply to start a new religion.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493477 Nov 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
I HAD HEARD IT BEFORE ..EARLY ON THIS FORUM..SAY 2008. FROM PAUL IN CHARLESTON WV.
I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT I REALLY EXPECTED YOU TO HAVE MORE GUMPTION THAN..
TO ATTEMPT TO STEAL THE APPLE RIGHT OUT OF GOD'S EYE
Zec 2:7 Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon.
Zec 2:8 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.
You are a professional scripture manipulator.

However, even you, ought to someday start realizing that Protestantism does NOT align to Judaism, and that "within the theology" the ONLY god in the Abrahamic religion practices JUDAISM and nothing BUT Judaism.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493478 Nov 21, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
Clay,
I have studied Catholicism for many years.
Some writings that I have read include Augustine, Aquinas, Bonaventure,Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, Spellman, Kung (exiled but brilliant) Kempis,Congar,Hildebrand,Rahne r,John Henry Newman, Schillebeeckx,Merton,St John of the Cross,etc.
I studied in Adult Independent Study with a Franciscan sister for 1-2 years.(cant quite remember) She gave me much material on St Francis and we studied from a book "Christ Among Us" and a giant book "Catholicism".
I attended Catholic Mass for about 3 years.
I continue to read and learn.
In order to spot the lies in one's own religion, one must study all other religions with an objective attitude.

Otherwise your own religion will keep feeding your ego with the silly notion that YOU own truth.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493479 Nov 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you not calling the Holy Spirit a liar, since He inspired every word in Scripture?????
Jehovah inspired men to write the Catholic scriptures???

Your theology is off track of common sense.

Jehovah would inspire men to write nothing but what aligned to Judaism.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493480 Nov 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>[ One might justifiably refer to the United States as Sodom, considering the honor now given to homosexuals,]
Your ego flourishes on the one-up-man-ship attitude that homosexuals are vile to a creator, while heterosexuals are his shining "STARS" ... as in Hollywood-stars.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Assyrian clay tablet points to 'Sodom and Gomorrah' asteroid

A Cuneiform clay tablet which for over 150 years defied attempts at interpretation has now been revealed to describe an asteroid impact which in 3123 BC hit Köfels, Austria, leaving in its wake a trail of destruction which may acccount for the biblical tale of Sodom and Gomorrah.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/31/kofel ...
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493481 Nov 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Infallible Sacred Word of God overshadows all other books...writings....sayings... teachings...etc etc etc...try it...you will love it!!!!
Within the Abrahamic religion ... that would be the first book written by the Jews that started the one-god dogma.

Even the Jewish literature that came after that first book, would have taken the literature off track to a different form OF Judaism.

And I have no idea which book was the first one-god dogma book of the Jews, because at one time, the Jews believed in the existence of many gods.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493482 Nov 21, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The earth will be destroyed,
Why would any god in its right mind destroy the earth, if it believes that the humans caused the problems?

If the god was that angry, it could just get rid of all the humans, and leave all the other animals to keep on with THEIR daily suffering, as special entertainment FOR the god.

Silly people and their silly theologies get totally "carried away."
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493483 Nov 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus returns ..no.Jewish Church ..no.Gentile Church ..just HIS CHURCH..HIS BRIDE .Jew and GENTILES ..all born again by faith in our Saviour Yeshua Ha Mosiach ...
I really have no idea where this new Jerusalem ..Rome came from..
This is the age of the GENTILES Church. For now ...But NOT forever .
So according to your perfected theology ... Jesus will take all the winners off to Christian heaven ... while his father spends eternity in Olam Haba with only the faithful Jews???

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 47 min Mnbvc 30,865
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Wardaddy99 987,315
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Berzerkers 286,543
Anthony Bragg 2 hr Eyes open Smh 29
SEALS vs. "Green Berets"...who would win? (Jan '08) 2 hr USSF 184
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 5 hr Doctor REALITY 5
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Seentheotherside 619,790
More from around the web