Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,791)

Showing posts 475,801 - 475,820 of513,520
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

There is no evidence what so ever that the 4 gospels were written by the names associated with them. We take it for granted.

For the most part most believe because they were born into a particular belief and through family tradition handed down the story.

If we don't trust much of what we read that occurs today, how can anyone with common sense put all their faith into what was written 2,000 years ago?

The catholic church has had a checkered past for sure when it comes to truthfulness and morality. If we can't trust the messengers, how can we trust the messages?

truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

just see around ear nerves system
as you see as strok
see stork=justice=law

see word strok=see geometric art and buildings
see
please find nerve systems as stroke
stoking stork strok
stoka=animals=see word when you say someone animal..see word aenimic=see word nerve blade system as stroke
see buildings art geometry
see point as welder
see point as you droving on paper as pen

think with your head

its stay on display in city near train station
for future buildings
its already new york as well others city
have similar buildings

its transmitted on every person..id
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew 5:19 says it all.
If anyone teaches you to ignore the law then mark that person well for that person does not care about your soul. MATTHEW 5:19 tells that if you teach men to disobey the law, even the least part of the law then you shall be called the leat in tyhe kingdom of heaven.
Beware anyone that teaches you that the law is abolished. You Christians better know what you are saying in your misunderstanding of the scriptures when you mistakenly teach that the law is abolished. THE DEVIL IS A LIAR.
Tony,

The Law of Moses was both temporary and restricted in its jurisdiction.

Matthew 5:18

18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is ACCOMPLISHED.

No Gentile was ever under the Mosaical covenant or law which was temporary.

Psalm 147:19-20

19 He has revealed his word to Jacob,
his laws and decrees to Israel.

20 <<<<<He has done this for no other nation;>>>>>
they do not know his laws.

Praise the Lord.

When the Law’s purpose is ACHIEVED the law will disappear.

Romans 8:2

2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

Jesus Christ has set us FREE from the LAW OF SIN AND DEATH (Law of Moses-Old Covenant.)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Please understand that it's of no desire for me to convince you or Churck that i was saved. Again, Jail was not the location of my saving. I haven't been saved yet, I'm still alive.
And jail was not the site of my being born again. I was Baptized long before that and Confirmed on my own accord at 14 yrs old.
I merely pointed out how I came back to Christianity after hitting rock bottom. I testified how the Holy Spirit lifted me up. Got it? Now to the born again fanatic, this falls under their man made criteria of being born again. So either way you look at it I'm born again.
Oh but i went to the Catholic Church instead, and not your building? So i can't be born again? lol
Like I said, my being saved is not hinging on what you are Chuck say. I know the Lord and I love the Lord with all my heart and soul. Your opinion on that is only relevant to you.
Clay,
I was sinking deep in sin far from the peaceful shore, very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more, but the Master of the Sea heard my despairing cry, from the WATERS lifted me now SAFE am I.
Romans 5:5
5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
we have proof that the Bible itself was compiled by the Catholic Church in the 4th century.
It came labeled already you say? Give me chapter and verse where the Lord gives us a list..
but hey, I'm done trying to convince you of anything. you have your interpretations, the church of Christ fellow has his. You and 'working for the Lord' can beat each other over the heads with scripture verses until one of you agree with the other. One or both of you are guilty of changing the word of God around. Obviously we can at least agree that one of you are wrong. Right?
~~~

YOU WROTE

"I'm done trying to convince you of anything. you have your interpretations,"

GOOD ..,

SINCE YOU ARE DONE ..with attempting to give your carnal minded account
INSTEAD OF THE WORD OF GOD.

I CAN GO ON POSTING THE TRUTH FROM THE BIBLE (GOD'S WORD) WITHOUT YOUR INTERRUPTING LIES...(THAT IS US LESS YOU ARE LYING ABOUT BEING DONE..)

EVIDENTLY LIKE THE OTHER INFIDELS ON THIS FORUM... YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO DECEIVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN AN TAKE THEM TO HELL WITH YOU.

IT IS BAD ENOUGH FOR A PERSON TO ATTEMPT TO COMMIT SPIRITUAL SUICIDE...

BUT TO ATTEMPT TO DESTROY OTHERS IN THE PROCESS IS A MORTAL SIN.

~~~

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

NOTE
Rom 1:25 --> Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. <--

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

pray against f.zaeioug
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

your law is not my law..

Do you know who is Jesus?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony,
The Law of Moses was both temporary and restricted in its jurisdiction.
Matthew 5:18
18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is ACCOMPLISHED.
No Gentile was ever under the Mosaical covenant or law which was temporary.
Psalm 147:19-20
19 He has revealed his word to Jacob,
his laws and decrees to Israel.
20 <<<<<He has done this for no other nation;>>>>>
they do not know his laws.
Praise the Lord.
When the Law’s purpose is ACHIEVED the law will disappear.
Romans 8:2
2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.
Jesus Christ has set us FREE from the LAW OF SIN AND DEATH (Law of Moses-Old Covenant.)
Galatians 3:19

19 Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed (JESUS) to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator (JESUS.)

Galatians 3:21-22

21 Is the law, therefore, opposed to the promises of God? Absolutely not! <<<<<For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law.>>>>>

22 But Scripture has locked up everything under the control of sin, so that what was ~~~promised,~~~ being given through faith ~in Jesus Christ,~ might be given to those who believe.

*****For IF a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law.

Another version:

Galatians 3:21

21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid:*****for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.*****

*****for IF there had been a law given which could have given life,(SPIRITUAL) verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Hebrews 8:6

6 But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the <<<<<new covenant is established on better promises.>>>>>

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
"I'm done trying to convince you of anything. you have your interpretations,"
GOOD ..,
SINCE YOU ARE DONE ..with attempting to give your carnal minded account
INSTEAD OF THE WORD OF GOD.
I CAN GO ON POSTING THE TRUTH FROM THE BIBLE (GOD'S WORD) WITHOUT YOUR INTERRUPTING LIES...(THAT IS US LESS YOU ARE LYING ABOUT BEING DONE..)
EVIDENTLY LIKE THE OTHER INFIDELS ON THIS FORUM... YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO DECEIVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN AN TAKE THEM TO HELL WITH YOU.
IT IS BAD ENOUGH FOR A PERSON TO ATTEMPT TO COMMIT SPIRITUAL SUICIDE...
BUT TO ATTEMPT TO DESTROY OTHERS IN THE PROCESS IS A MORTAL SIN.
~~~
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
NOTE
Rom 1:25 --> Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. <--
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
~~~

JESUS SAID..

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

THERE IS NO ENTITY,.... DENOMINATION,... DYNASTY,....

RELIGIOUS SYSTEM... ETC ...

THAT SUPERSEDES THE ABOVE POWER/WORDS OF JESUS...

WORKS ..DON'T/WONT DO IT..

Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

RITUALS ...AND CEREMONIES ARE FUTILE

Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

IDOLS ARE FORBIDDEN....an abomination.

Exo_20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

PRIDE...

Pro_16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

COMING BY THE WAY OF PETER...

JUST WONT/ DON'T WORK.

Pro_14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

corupt evil satanic decevers and posessors
see they liked suffering for most righteousness people

but they going fall and lose everything
it is written
what evil killers and possessors want

game is game they liked put in risk everything and everyone

do you need poison in food

do you liked poison in medicine
do you liked be rich with corupt wicket evil diploma

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

on inri law not exist
as well suffering

evil satanic corupt law is not law as well never will be
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo

in future nobody will respet law or any authority
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooo

corupt authority
is not law
i don't respect that
nooooooooooooo
never
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

good people weeping every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

JESUS SAID

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot -->see<--

-->SEE<-- DEFINED IN GREEK

G1492
&#949;&#953;&#787; &#769;&#948;&#969;
eido&#772;
i'-do
A primary verb; used only in certain past tenses, the others being borrowed from the equivalent, G3700 and G3708; properly to see (literally or figuratively); by implication (in the perfect only) to know:- be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider,(have) known (-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wist, wot. Compare G3700.

the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is =-->born<--=

=-->BORN <--= DEFINED IN GREEK

G1080
&#947;&#949;&#957; &#957;&#945;&#769; &#969;
gennao&#772;
ghen-nah'-o
From a variation of G1085; to procreate (properly of the father, but by extension of the mother); figuratively to regenerate:- bear, beget, be born, bring forth, conceive, be delivered of, gender, make, spring.

of the

---> flesh is flesh;<---

--->FLESH<--- DEFINED IN GREEK

G4561
&#963;&#945;&#769; &#961;&#958;
sarx
sarx
Probably from the base of G4563; flesh (as stripped of the skin), that is,(strictly) the meat of an animal (as food), or (by extension) the body (as opposed to the soul (or spirit), or as the symbol of what is external, or as the means of kindred, or (by implication) human nature (with its frailties (physically or morally) and passions), or (specifically) a human being (as such):- carnal (-ly,+-ly minded), flesh ([-ly]).

and that which is born of the

===> Spirit is spirit.<===

===>SPIRIT<=== DEFINED IN GREEK

G4151
&#960;&#957;&#949; &#965;&#834;&#956; &#945;
pneuma
pnyoo'-mah
From G4154; a current of air, that is, breath (blast) or a breeze; by analogy or figuratively a spirit, that is,(human) the rational soul,(by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, daemon, or (divine) God, Christ’s spirit, the Holy spirit:- ghost, life, spirit (-ual,-ually), mind. Compare G5590.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye

--=> must<=--

(--=>MUST<=--DEFINED IN GREEK

G1163
&#948;&#949;&#953; &#834;
dei
die, deh-on'
Third person singular active present of G1210; also &#948;&#949;&#959; &#769;&#957; deon which is neuter active participle of the same; both used impersonally; it is (was, etc.) necessary (as binding):- behoved, be meet, must (needs),(be) need (-ful), ought, should.

be born again.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

when people weeping and suffering
there pride not exist

did law exist..on papers where someone always say ..prove...

yee
which direction you liked go
geometric
cemetrya semetria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

truth wrote:
when people weeping and suffering
there pride not exist
did law exist..on papers where someone always say ..prove...
yee
which direction you liked go
geometric
cemetrya semetria
~~~

Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Michael wrote:
There is no evidence what so ever that the 4 gospels were written by the names associated with them. We take it for granted.
I don't take it for granted. I believe men wrote all the myths to suit their own agendas.

Religious blather was and is the blather of mortal human animals ... yearning to be superior to other animals.

For being so arrogant ... I suggest they deserve to fail.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
~~~

THE NAME THAT IS WRITTEN ON THE SIGN IN FRONT OF YOU CHURCH WILL MEAN NOTHING WHEN YOU STAND BEFORE GOD...

JESUS DID NOT DESIGNATE any special denomination when he said..

Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Joh_6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

Joh_7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Joh_11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Joh_12:44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.

No one is saved by believing in any other entity but JESUS..

ONE IS BORN AGAIN BY...OBEDIENCE TO THE WORD THAT SAYS...

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

JESUS SAID
Catholic theologians also WROTE that John the baptist baptized Jesus the Jew ... before Jesus' died on the cross.

That means that Jesus was fully aware of becoming an anti-Semitist his SELF, as were all the popes, Martin Luther and John Calvin and NOW YOU!

Religion is male-oriented BUNK.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH ... stop your double-talk. It gets boring.
You left Atheism to go back to Catholicism for the specific reason that they teach that YOU will go to heaven while others will go hell.
It was your arrogance that took you back to Catholicism ... and nothing BUT your arrogance.
And to top it off ... you think I should warm up to you, while you are busy looking down on me as fodder for hell.
You have SOME nerve.
June

Yes. Boring.

I will leave, rather than have you bored to tears.

Concerning warming....Fire is quenched by fire, not water.

If you should like to be nice, then we can write each other.

Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 475,801 - 475,820 of513,520
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

548 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Faith 110,374
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 14 min Ed Teach 52,636
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 15 min Internet dr Pipke 38,070
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 16 min lisw 168,974
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min Divinity Surgeon 682,962
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min Eagle 12 218,171
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 24 min andet1987 3,361
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 32 min Internet dr Pipke 596,815
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 35 min Porkpie Hat 250,742
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr EdmondWA 89,782
•••
•••
•••