Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693338 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Vancouver, Canada

#493149 Nov 20, 2013
Christians adamantly refuse to change their religion to Judaism. Yet they believe that a Jew changed his religion to become a Christian, and a Christian SAVIOR ... no less.
How self-serving is THAT notion???
LTM

Terrace Bay, Canada

#493150 Nov 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The tendency to claim God as an ally for our partisan value and ends is the source of all religious fanaticism.
Reinhold Niebuhr
You are a religious fanatic June, Confrinting is a man of faith in a never failing God.
you keep getting the 2 mixed up.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#493151 Nov 20, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you somethin Rose...
If Jesus Christ was the Son of God and He came to this Earth to establish a Church, wouldn't that Church now become the new Israel?

THERE IS NO SUCH ENTITY AS A NEW ISRAEL...

ONE CANNOT RECREATE AN ETERNAL COVENANT ...

GOD'S COVENANT WITH ABRAHAM WAS/IS AND EVERLASTING COVENANT..-->GOD SAID FOREVER

Gen 13:14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:

Gen 13:15 For all the land which thou seest,

--->to thee will I give it,

and

to thy seed for ever. <---(HOW LONG IS FOREVER)

Gen 13:16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

Gen 13:17 Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#493152 Nov 20, 2013
Apparently Jesus can't decide whether he loves Catholics or Protestant, but it's certain that he no longer loves Jews!

How funny!
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#493153 Nov 20, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a religious fanatic June, Confrinting is a man of faith in a never failing God.
you keep getting the 2 mixed up.
You got it wrong. I'm an Atheist fanatic. You and Confrinting are religious fanatics.

And if Jesus actually existed, he wouldn't know where his fanaticism should fit in between all the messed up believers.

:)
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#493154 Nov 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Liam wrote:
ONE CANNOT RECREATE AN ETERNAL COVENANT ...
That is what the faithful Jews have been preaching at you ... but your brain is numb from over-zealous agitation.

June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#493155 Nov 20, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
so you think practicing religion is the same as serving God??
Hahahahahaha

#493156 Nov 20, 2013
ISRAEL (THE JEWS)

IS THE ROOTS OF THE TREE

OF WHICH WE AS CHRISTIANS

ARE GRAFTED IN..

READ WHAT THE WORD SAYS...

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

NOTE
Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Rom 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

Rom 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

Rom 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Rom 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Rom 11:34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?

Rom 11:35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?

Rom 11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#493157 Nov 20, 2013
Theologians were paid to write, and writing nonsense became their bad habit.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

It may be noted in passing that the peculiarly celibate problem of whether the nocturnal “pollutions” of priests and monks were sinful, and to what degree, kept moral theologians extremely busy. Their comments on the subject fill entire libraries.
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#493158 Nov 20, 2013
If the creator is beyond all KNOWING, how could theologians know that a creator even exists?

The statement proves its own point.
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#493159 Nov 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
ISRAEL (THE JEWS)
IS THE ROOTS OF THE TREE
OF WHICH WE AS CHRISTIANS
ARE GRAFTED IN..
READ WHAT THE WORD SAYS...
Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
NOTE
Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
Rom 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
Rom 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
Rom 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
Rom 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
Rom 11:34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?
Rom 11:35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
Rom 11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
You forgot to post the rest of the Catholic bible.

Human Being

Church Point, LA

#493160 Nov 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh it is -'To know yourself is to know the kingdom of God'
Yep it fits nicely.
But I think you are wrong with this statement:
"Resistance and stagnation are most likely the inner turmoil, the struggle of angels and demons within the soul."
I disagree any "being" is in my body, except for me.
To believe what you do, some folks may consider you delusional.
New Age Spiritual Leader

If germs and parasites can enter the physical body, then why not angels and demons enter the spiritual body(soul)?

If delusions can enter the mind, then why not angels and demons the soul?

If hydrogen can fuse to become helium, then why can't one soul be fused to another(human soul and heavenly soul)?

I would consider most people would think I am delusional. Then again, I don't go along with consensus, otherwise I would be an Obama supporter(smiles), or a Putin supporter(smiles), or Xi Jinping supporter(smiles)..., etc.

I have considered the issue of angels and demons, and have concluded that those who are most resistant to the idea, are deluded.(Sorry if that is to direct to you, but it is my conclusion, based on my observations.)

I would like to discuss this more....

Peace
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#493161 Nov 20, 2013
Jews, Catholics, Muslims and Protestants all agree that there is one god ... but it is plain that they don't agree on which group the one god LOVES.

How silly and how childish!
Human Being

Church Point, LA

#493162 Nov 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you go blow your double-talking Catholic trumpet in your church.
June

And let the walls come tumbling down...,Jericho.?

And let the walls of the Jewish Temple come tumbling down?

And let the walls of the RCC come tumbling down?

Perhaps now is not the right time...yet....There is reform still going on within the walls, and that permits its existence.

I think "outsiders" believe the RCC is some monolithic and static structure, but that is not so....

Peace
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#493163 Nov 20, 2013
I suggest that polytheism in Judaism existed BEFORE monotheism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

What is clearly seen is that the undoubted involvement of Israel in the practice of polytheism is viewed as an aberration and a departure from the original monotheism.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_did_Judaism_evo...
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#493164 Nov 20, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
If germs and parasites can enter the physical body, then why not angels and demons enter the spiritual body(soul)?
One is based on science, and the other is based on fantasy.
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#493165 Nov 20, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Angels and demons and soul are all words based on religious terminology, which in turn is based on illusion.

#493167 Nov 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Jews, Catholics, Muslims and Protestants all agree that there is one god ... but it is plain that they don't agree on which group the one god LOVES.
How silly and how childish!
~~~

KEEP UP YOUR REMARKS...

THEY HELP...

THEY CREATE A GOOD SPRING BOARD FOR DISCUSSION OF SCRIPTURAL TRUTHS AND QUESTIONS..

Rom_8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

EVEN A WANNA-BE ATHEIST
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#493168 Nov 20, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like to believe that demons had entered YOUR soul???

If not, why would you want others to believe of such a possibility???

That is the basis of your religion and I find it extremely appalling.
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#493169 Nov 20, 2013
I suggest that children should not be taught that a hell exists, as that is a form of child abuse.

Far too many children have suffered from night-tremors and mental disorders because of that horrible teaching.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Travesty 52,404
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Gabriel 992,172
the Lord JEHOVAH YAHWEH..has ALWAYS EXISTED??! 1 hr Holy dr Shrink 7
I need a name for a song. 2 hr LatinoVargas55 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Holy dr Shrink 446,000
Jake Tapper: I Lied About Trump S Hole Comment 2 hr Frmr Dem Now4Trump 1
___TRUMP Already Met & Deceived by ANTICHRIST___ 3 hr 2018 Breaking 1
More from around the web