Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687395 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#493022 Nov 19, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Peace
I suppose, or set the proposition that when you speak of Self-knowledge, and Self-awareness, it is similar to in Christianity as the discovery, uncovering, or rethinking of the pre-fall of humanity.
I think most people think, or have an instinct of the "perfect" human being, in the "perfect" place..., Adam and Eve in the Garden.
And it is to this rediscovering some characteristics of that "pre-fall perfection" in one's life brings about an "enlightening" process. The question is what them promotes the process, and what inhibits the process of rediscovery and enlightenment?
I can only speak in general terms, but what is selfish inhibits, and what is kind and loving promotes the process, at least in terms of Christianity(though I can't speak for all Christians in this matter).
Resistance and stagnation are most likely the inner turmoil, the struggle of angels and demons within the soul. Keeping the faith, not stubbornness, is then pursuing the process toward the good.
I hope that is understandable?
Peace
Oh it is -'To know yourself is to know the kingdom of God'

Yep it fits nicely.

But I think you are wrong with this statement:
"Resistance and stagnation are most likely the inner turmoil, the struggle of angels and demons within the soul."

I disagree any "being" is in my body, except for me.

To believe what you do, some folks may consider you delusional.
Michael

Canada

#493023 Nov 19, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael
Peace
"The names were changed to protect the innocent....", Dragnet(smiles)
True, no one can confirm, since there are no first-hand accounts due to most religions develop out of the past. But then first-hand accounts themselves are prejudiced as well. So if one depends on information alone to make decisions, then what? Are human beings simply to be reduced to be logic machines?
I can agree with you that family tradition has an important role in religion. No doubt about that. Yet, if that tradition conflicts with personal experience, then that does not necessarily negate the truth of the tradition or religion, merely that the person negates the tradition or religion.(There goes the old logic machine in my head....)smiles
So you cannot deny God's existence, nor the transmission of that information via religion. You may disagree, but that has no foundation if based on data alone. If one removes all prejudice and assumption, raw data exists, and then comes the assumption to accept or decline God's existence.
The main problem then is how can raw data exist without a Creator of that raw data? The logic machine must be programmed by a Programmer.
Peace
Human Being says........So you cannot deny God's existence. How can raw data exist without a creator of that raw data?

Michael says......Since the beginning of mankind, mankind has believed in gods or a god or higher power of some form, mostly based on fear, fear of the unknown. Religion teaches that their specific God is the creator of all.

Some believe in a monolithic God. Back in the day, there were those that believed in Gods with two heads, gods with 3 heads, christianity with 3 equal persons in one God... etc.

Everyone of faith wants to believe THEIR god or THEIR way of believing is the ONLY right and true God and way of believing.

Individual beliefs or Religions have been fighting for supremecy since the beginning of mankind..........and it will continue, as Gods of today will fade away and new Gods of the future will be worshipped..........it has always been that way and I don't see why it won't continue.

....not meant to offend.

Michael

Canada

#493024 Nov 19, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know. For $29.99 you can become an ordained minister who's recognized by the State of MN. I know someone who's doing it to perform their sisters wedding next summer. And the funny thing is, you can't say anything about it. They are as legit as anyone else who reads a bible and ordaines themselves.
Liam says..........For $29.99 you can become an ordained minister who's recognized by the State of MN.

Michael says........Are you bragging or complaining?? Is it not enough money, or too much? Why does that bother you?

Those entering a catholic seminary often have their fees paid for by the Knights of Columbus, or diocese burseries.

So are you saying a man who becomes a protestant minister for $29.99 would not be a good minister? Is a $1,000 minister better than a $29.00 minister?

your point is MOOT!.......and BUSTED!

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Vancouver, Canada

#493025 Nov 19, 2013
Meg Wellnitz of Kentucky had her mother, father and brother killed by a hit-man.

When she went away to college she joined Wicca and it was after joining Wicca that she had her family gunned down in their own home.

A cold-hearted person will use their religion for whatever fills their desires.

Just as people do in all religions, Wiccans often believe whatever pleases them ... as is plain in the following.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

You Need: Black or white candle, Photo of target, lighter or matches

Picture your target suffering, and while burning the photo of your enemy, recite:

"Gods, hear my plea,
Someone has hurt me,
And made me sad.
Now I've become really mad.
Fire of the candle,
Heat of the flame,
Strike of thunder,
And the demons name.
I call upon you now,
To bring revenge upon him/her.
Make him/her suffer,
Make him/her cry.
Take him/her down,
With just one try.
Make him/her think twice,
Not to hurt me again,
And bring him/her,
The bad luck chain."

http://www.wiccanspace.com/spells/545-bad-luc ...
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#493026 Nov 19, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Not yet.
If you remember what it was like to have teeth,than you know I need lots of help.Och!
Well, you just have to make sure that you pray a prayer that the specific god finds PLEASING to his own beliefs.

Otherwise you should expect a backlash.

:)
Liam

Detroit, MI

#493028 Nov 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Religion never has been good, and it never will be good!
Such selfishness cannot result in any semblance of peace.
But your solution is replacing religion with another 'religion'. Only you people don't call it that.
The data is in on the type of religious free society you envision. We had three atheistic regimes last century: Stalin, Mao, Hitler. 100's of million dead; entire countries disappeared off the map.

yeah yeah I know, Hitler was baptized a Catholic; Stalin an Orthodox. That means nothing. They chose to reject God and wanted their people too as well. Their argument: religion interferes with the power of the state. Religion is weak. they didn't want their society weak.
Once people like you get into power, this is what happens. No God. No problem, right?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#493029 Nov 19, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You only call Clement and Ignatius' letters 'spam' because they contradict you. You're not alone though, they contradict all of Protestantland and every man made doctrine y'all introduced after 1600 AD. If short, you've got no choice to ignore them if you want to save your reputation.
Christian: a follower of Jesus Christ...

People who follow Clem and/or Iggy don't qualify to be a Christian.....
Michael

Canada

#493030 Nov 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Why the mythical Jesus would WANT to become a born-again Catholic seemed to be an accepted form of though BY the Catholics.
The arrogance of it all is astounding.
Catholics faithful to Catholicism, would NEVER yearn to leave their own religion for the religion of another.
Yet so proud they were that a Jew would willingly leave his own religion to become Catholic they must have thought ... "Now that seals it ... we DO have the best religion on earth. A Jew would NEVER leave Judaism for our religion, unless he truly was a savior to all mankind."
Meanwhile ... the Catholics seemed to "brush OFF the theology" that according to the Abrahamic religion ... the ONE god in the sky favored ONLY the Jews as his chosen few.

....A baby is born claimed to be the son of God to parents into a religion called Judiasm, which does not believe in a son of God.

.....33 years Jesus and his family worshiped devoutly, in a belief system that did not believe in them..........makes no common sense!) then he decides to start an entirely NEW belief system, completely opposite of the religion he devoutly worshiped his entire life. He has no plan of operation, no rules and regulations.

Almost 3 centuries later, this new belief system catches on after dozens or hundreds of false starts spearheaded by an emperor who himself didn't believe in a spiritual God but was himself a Sun worshiper.

........imagine explaining Jesus to someone who had never heard of Judiasm or christianity.

UNBELIEVABLE!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#493031 Nov 19, 2013
I aint wrapped up in self ...I AM A PART ....OF THE VINE

WHICH IS THE SOURCE OF MY SALVATION...

Jesus said...

Joh_15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches:

He that abideth in me, and

I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:

for without me/JESUS ye can do nothing.

~~~~~

It is my desire

Php_3:10 That I MAY KNOW HIM, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

THAT

Eph_1:18 The eyes of your...( MY ) understanding being enlightened; that ye...(I ) may know what is the hope of HIS/GOD'S calling, and what the riches of the glory of HIS inheritance in the saints,

___

Col_1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles;

which is --->CHRIST in you, <---the hope of

glory:
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#493032 Nov 19, 2013
And by the way, it was Meg Wellnitz's boyfriend who was the hit-man that killed her family.

He claimed that Wicca is an earth-based religion.

I suggest that ALL religions are "earth-based." Pun intended.
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#493033 Nov 19, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....A baby is born claimed to be the son of God to parents into a religion called Judiasm, which does not believe in a son of God.
.....33 years Jesus and his family worshiped devoutly, in a belief system that did not believe in them..........makes no common sense!) then he decides to start an entirely NEW belief system, completely opposite of the religion he devoutly worshiped his entire life. He has no plan of operation, no rules and regulations.
Almost 3 centuries later, this new belief system catches on after dozens or hundreds of false starts spearheaded by an emperor who himself didn't believe in a spiritual God but was himself a Sun worshiper.
........imagine explaining Jesus to someone who had never heard of Judiasm or christianity.
UNBELIEVABLE!
If Jesus existed, he was an anti-Semite. That is why so many Catholics and Protestants respect the supposed Jesus. They thought that out of all the Jews, he and his mother and other followers were the ONLY wise ones, because they left Judaism to support Christianity.

June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#493034 Nov 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
I aint wrapped up in self ...I AM A PART ....OF THE VINE
WHICH IS THE SOURCE OF MY SALVATION...
This here is one DETERMINED Protestant!

However KM seems to have disappeared from the "monitor" at least temporarily.

#493035 Nov 19, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
But your solution is replacing religion with another 'religion'. Only you people don't call it that.
The data is in on the type of religious free society you envision. We had three atheistic regimes last century: Stalin, Mao, Hitler. 100's of million dead; entire countries disappeared off the map.
yeah yeah I know, Hitler was baptized a Catholic; Stalin an Orthodox. That means nothing. They chose to reject God and wanted their people too as well. Their argument: religion interferes with the power of the state. Religion is weak. they didn't want their society weak.
Once people like you get into power, this is what happens. No God. No problem, right?
~~~
QUESTION

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN YOU AND JUNE?...

BOTH OF YOU DENY GOD'S WORD...ARE INFIDELS...

NEITHER ONE OF YOU ABIDE IN CHRIST WHICH IS THE WORD OF GOD MADE FLESH...

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

JESUS SAID...

Joh_15:7 If ye abide in me, and MY WORDS abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#493036 Nov 19, 2013
The vine of Judaism is the ONLY vine of the Jewish god.

The rest of the vines are simply glued on as fakery, such as false eyelashes on a manikin.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#493037 Nov 19, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam says..........For $29.99 you can become an ordained minister who's recognized by the State of MN.
Michael says........Are you bragging or complaining?? Is it not enough money, or too much? Why does that bother you?
Those entering a catholic seminary often have their fees paid for by the Knights of Columbus, or diocese burseries.
So are you saying a man who becomes a protestant minister for $29.99 would not be a good minister? Is a $1,000 minister better than a $29.00 minister?
your point is MOOT!.......and BUSTED!
clay prefers ministers that are drunken bums or else pedophiles and homosexuals, rather than a person who tries to live by what God wishes and teaches.

#493038 Nov 19, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
QUESTION
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
JESUS SAID...
Joh_15:7 If ye abide in me, and MY WORDS abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
~~~

JESUS SAID...

Joh_9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned:

but

he that believeth not is condemned already,

because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation,

that light/JESUS is come into the world,

and men loved darkness rather than light/JESUS,

because their deeds were evil.

Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light,

neither cometh to the light,

lest his deeds should be reproved.

Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#493039 Nov 19, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
http://firstchurchofatheism.com/

http://moriel.org/MorielArchive/index.php/dis...

THRY have every sign and property of a religion

Faith in a BIG BANG,science etc

Now Churches,and ministries
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#493040 Nov 19, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
QUESTION
I don't reject God's word, written or oral.
I reject your opinion of what the written word is saying, that's all.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#493041 Nov 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
http://firstchurchofatheism.com/
http://moriel.org/MorielArchive/index.php/dis...
THRY have every sign and property of a religion
Faith in a BIG BANG,science etc
Now Churches,and ministries
I know. My jaw dropped when i saw the new Atheist mega 'churches'. Instead of gospel/worship songs they were singing "Lean on Me" and "Here Comes the Sun" by the Beatles.
Ironically, they spoke of doing good moral works (of course they couldn't call it moral). They spoke of helping the less fortunate... Those are all godly virtues, so in a way, they are seeking God but refusing to acknowledge His name.
God must shake His head at these buffoons. I mean, if you are going act out Judeo-Christian virtues, you may as well call yourself a Christian, since you're stealing our moral standards..lol

#493042 Nov 19, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>

~~~

SOOOOO..NOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN... SINCE YOUR POPE

IS THE CUSTODIAN OF THE TEMPLE MOUNT IN JERUSALEM?

~~~~``

Mat_24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place,(whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Mar_13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not,(let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

Luk_21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

Mal_2:11 Judah hath dealt treacherously, and an abomination is committed in Israel and in Jerusalem; for Judah hath profaned the holiness of the LORD which he loved, and hath married the daughter of a strange god.

THE JEWS HAVE MAD A DECISION TO ALIGN THEMSELVES WITH YOUR STRANGE god...The daughter of which you call Mary the queen of heaven...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min Mr Wiggley 31,480
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min speedyj1992 987,394
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 58 min HFCS - What It Is 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Peter Ross 6,492
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 5 hr Doctor REALITY 31
News Abortion issue looms over Supreme Court choice (May '09) 6 hr Ricky F 2,335
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 6 hr Ricky F 39,263
More from around the web