Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649784 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#492883 Nov 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
While digging into Scripture I discovered several verses which apply to the Roman Catholic church and it's members. Sad verses but true none the less.
Nothing but evil for others, and holiness for you ... RIGHT ... self-perceived RIGHTEOUS one.

I suggest that there is nowhere on earth that so much arrogance thrives than in the many morphed forms of religion.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#492884 Nov 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
My soul doth magnify the Lord.
You suffer from the mindset ... "I am LORD of my religion, and if I say that Jesus loves me ... you'd better believe that it is true."

Fort Saint John, Canada

#492885 Nov 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>VALIDATION OF MY WORDS!
Case in point.

You are validating words to please your self. THAT is your religion.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#492886 Nov 19, 2013
marge wrote:
Got Jesus?
One must to endure to the END.
'Not to us but to Him be the glory.!'
Your aim is to deprive others of love if they won't align to your belief in an image of Jesus. THAT is the bottom LINE of your religion.

Self-centered ... to the rotten core!
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#492887 Nov 19, 2013
u rip off satanic wicket criminals document

accusers are accusers for ever
who they are

evil wicket accusers..
proveee
if not liked that
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#492888 Nov 19, 2013
Do you need satanic documents?
print for yourself not for me.

nyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
evil people

Fort Saint John, Canada

#492889 Nov 19, 2013
Catholics designed a religion that they were certain would be a world success, in that everyone would have to believe in "Jesus" to be saved.

Future generations of Catholics were taught that if they killed other humans that would not convert to Catholicism, they would be rewarded with martyrdom and in turn sainthood in a hereafter.

Unfortunately, many people still believe such horrible nonsense.

Religion was and is the worst blight put upon the human race. The infection is in the mind and as the devout believers hold the images in bondage, the blight can't go away of its own accord.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#492890 Nov 19, 2013
I suggest that if it was not against the law in these countries to kill in the name of religion, people would be at it again.

Following is an example of such a mindset from a Catholic poster on another thread.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Post 42246 Oct 9, 2008 Bob wrote

"We need another Inquisition!!!The Old Timers here where I live agree."
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#492891 Nov 19, 2013
Why atheist and others evil organization have holy genocide?
history is full of war

Fort Saint John, Canada

#492892 Nov 19, 2013
And through every bit of torture and bloodshed and murder ... the Christians probably believed that "Jesus" was with them supporting their every MOOD and every MOVE!

I suggest you awaken to the idea that you don't follow any gods, but rather you simply welcome images into your minds and in turn believe the images exist to fill your desires.

Religion has been nothing but a tool for vicious folly, and it won't cease unless you stop using it for your own entertainments.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#492893 Nov 19, 2013
truth wrote:
Why atheist and others evil organization have holy genocide?
history is full of war
Keep in mind that Christians and Muslims were at one time labeled as Atheists.

Name-calling is a bad habit of humans whether in or out of religion.

Most people in the world are IN religion, and the wars have never ceased. That ought to alert you that religion does not equate to any semblance of peace whatsoever.
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#492894 Nov 19, 2013
Keep in mind that civilizations exist too.
As well wicket world want set up what so ever as they doing since foundation of Earth exist.

It is exist very low organization
-it is exist very high organization
which they liked on most worst invisible evil way ruin every family and every person..

evil serve evil

byyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#492895 Nov 19, 2013
yep
many people have origin name and surname as well places as look very bad name yep from other language as pronouncement much more more vorse modern then evil way..

by
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#492897 Nov 19, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that bother you that a Catholic guy professes that he loves Jesus Christ with all his heart and soul?
Here is my pastor; a complete opposite of you:
nydailynews.com/news/world/pope-francis-embra...
It doesn't bother me Clay.

How do you say you love Jesus Christ with all your heart and soul but then say you have to keep traditions and sacraments and follow church rules and do your best to please God.

You're saying I love you Jesus but I have to do these other things over here too to please the Father.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#492898 Nov 19, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I testified to facing 3-5 yrs in prison and kneeling down in urine, puke, mold and blood of a jail cell and experiencing the Holy Spirit in a way i can not describe.
No no Clay..please describe your experience with the Holy Spirit. How does that happen?
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#492899 Nov 19, 2013
every spirit is not holy..no
many incarnate and satanic wicket organization exist

liars from beginning

by
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#492900 Nov 19, 2013
its going be miracle like never before

its not god or any jests

deceivers and possessors
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#492901 Nov 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>My friend,I really don't think you fully comprehend what Paul was teaching concerning the law. Please read the following VERY CAREFULLY...
http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/new.html
There are certain ceremonial laws and blood laws that were done away with but the majority of the law is still in effect today and it a work of the Devil that has tried to dupe Gods children into ignoring Gods law.
Tony,

So you would take the words of Richard Anthony over the Word of God....

And, you want to live under the Old Covenant instead of the Law of Christ.....

Law of Moses brought about what?

Romans 3:20

20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in GodÂ’s sight by the works of the law; ~~~~~rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.~~~~~

Law of Moses...Old Covenant....Law of Sin and Death....

Romans 4:15

15 ~~~~~because the law brings wrath.~~~~~ And where there is no law there is no transgression.

LAW OF CHRIST.....

Romans 7:4

4 So, my brothers and sisters, you also DIED to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.

Our baptism.....you also DIED to the law THROUGH the BODY OF CHRIST....baptized INTO His death, burial, and resurrection.....

NOW, we belong to another.....

to him who was raised from the death......

Law of Moses:

Romans 7:5

5 For when we were in the realm of the flesh,~~~the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us,~~~ so that we bore fruit for death.

***sinful passions aroused by the law at work in us......we bore fruit FOR DEATH.....
Michael

Canada

#492903 Nov 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>The Septuagint will help with the translation for those that are interested. And for those that are unfamiliar with the Septuagint,the Septuagint is the Greek translation of the Hebrew text.
...Why would God only make himself available to a very tiny part of the world, and only one tiny select group of people, instead of instilling his message to EVERYONE? Makes no common sense!

.....2,000 years later and we still have confusion over bible doctrines and terminologies, and catholics taking on all comers.

something is terribly wrong!!!
Michael

Canada

#492904 Nov 19, 2013
There is no evidence what so ever that the 4 gospels were written by the names associated with them. We take it for granted.

For the most part most believe because they were born into a particular belief and through family tradition handed down the story.

If we don't trust much of what we read that occurs today, how can anyone with common sense put all their faith into what was written 2,000 years ago?

The catholic church has had a checkered past for sure when it comes to truthfulness and morality. If we can't trust the messengers, how can we trust the messages?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dubai airport any gay men for sex contact me on... (Jun '15) 49 min jelly 11
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 51 min who 281,472
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Ooogah Boogah 55,917
Ihaveagod.com - Christian Network - Connecting ... 1 hr israel96 11
Massage for ladies in Muscat 4 hr Ziyad 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr River Tam 972,382
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 6 hr Steve III 427
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web