Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688822 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#492650 Nov 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
It is written is ....found
in the New Testament 69 times
Matthew 9 verses
Mark 7 verses
Luke 8 verses
John 5 verses
Acts 5 verses
Romans 16 verses
1 Corinthians 9 verses
2 Corinthians 3 verses
Galatians 4 verses
Hebrews 1 verse
1 Peter 1 verse
1 John 1 verse
Either you are Blind or wilfully ignorant.
~~~

IS YOUR DOGMA NOT WRITTEN DOWN?

IS YOUR MYTHS ABOUT MARY WRITTEN DOWN?

IS NO YOUR BOOK,....that you have attempted to replace the BIBLE with

(that you call your CATECHISM )...IS IT NOT WRITTEN DOWN?...

ARE NOT YOUR RITUALS CHRONICLED IN A BOOK SOME WHERE?

-->THERE ARE BOOKS THAT BEST CONCERN YOU...

Dan_7:10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and -->the books were opened.

Rev_20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and -->the books were opened: and

-->another book was opened, which is the book of life:<--

and

===>the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.<===

Rom_6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

2Co_13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

2Co_13:6 But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

1Th_1:5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only,

but

also in power, and

in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance;
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#492651 Nov 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically, "life" is an illusion sis....and "perception" might be the deception.
Here is an illusion for you. When you use the term "sis" to address me, I'm okay with that as being respectful, because the term "sis" indicates to me that I am part of your group of believers.

But when someone addresses me at 74 years of age as "child," I find that to be an insult ... and so in response to that person I always remove the word "child" from the post.

It's just my little way of manipulating my own illusions to suit me.

:)

#492652 Nov 18, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>ley
Those Catholics are a wily bunch, I tell you.
THEIR POPE HAS JUST RECEIVED THE POSITION.... AS THE CUSTODIAN OF THE TEMPLE MOUNT IN JERUSALEM.

Dan_11:31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place

the abomination that maketh desolate.

Dan_12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and

the abomination that maketh desolate set up,

there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

````````
THIS IS WHAT HAS TAKE PLACE

Mal_2:11 Judah hath dealt treacherously, and an abomination is committed in Israel and in Jerusalem;

for Judah hath profaned the holiness of the LORD which he loved, and hath married the daughter of a strange god.

~~~~~~
THE ANTICHRIST IS BEING SET UP

Mat_24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place,(whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Mar_13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not,(let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

Luk_16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#492653 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
The devil got into it ...He mistranslated the word of God for the Carnally minded Roman Catholics....
JUST AS he as he mistranslated the word of God and deceived Adam and Eve in the GARDEN OF EDEN...
Do keep in mind that you are reading and trusting those same writings that were translated and redacted by the catholic bishops as canon.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#492654 Nov 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That has actually happened, and it took a long time to "reprogram" the child...and/or if it was completely successful.
I'm sure the case can be found with a little research.
Maybe you mean feral children such as Oxana Malaya.

Liam

Detroit, MI

#492655 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
The devil got into it ...He mistranslated the word of God for the Carnally minded Roman Catholics....
JUST AS he as he mistranslated the word of God and deceived Adam and Eve in the GARDEN OF EDEN...
so Christ was lying when He said the gates of hell wouldn't prevail against it?
Oh but you say the Pentecostal movement was the real church all along- and your interpretations are now correct!
I don't get you.
tell me for the record.....at what point did the Catholic Church get infiltrated.
was it when they believed in the Eucharist, infant Baptism, Confession to a Priest. sacramental priesthood. When was it? I'm not a resident in your compound. I refuse to force myself to be stupid just to by into your conspiracy Christianity.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#492656 Nov 18, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not my hell, fool.
My hell is reading your posts.
I like the term "fool" ... better than "child" ... as the term "fool" means you include me as one of your group.

It makes me feel all fuzzy and warm inside.

Location hidden

#492657 Nov 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is an illusion for you. When you use the term "sis" to address me, I'm okay with that as being respectful, because the term "sis" indicates to me that I am part of your group of believers.
But when someone addresses me at 74 years of age as "child," I find that to be an insult ... and so in response to that person I always remove the word "child" from the post.
It's just my little way of manipulating my own illusions to suit me.
Of course. I understand. I mean no harm. In fact, I consider you as a "sis". I would no more throw you under the bus, than my own blood.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#492658 Nov 18, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
So, when you wrote:
<quoted text>
you had no clue whether he had changed his mind on the matter.
Got it.
Thanks for the acknowledgement.

And I also can't know for certain what the church fathers believed on their death-beds, but I suggest that the concept that Jesus wanted them to hate the Jews and Judaism had become such a ritualistic engrained practice to them, that they died with the concept that those thoughts were based on truth, rather than entertaining the idea that the beliefs their selves were based on illusion.

Location hidden

#492659 Nov 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you mean feral children such as Oxana Malaya.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PR-cWZ4CChIXX
That is exactly the one I was referring to.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#492660 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Hilarious!

And YOU are certain that as a Protestant ... YOU were able to correct the devil, and set the "record" straight.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#492661 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Either you are Blind or wilfully ignorant.
I suggest that your arrogant concept that YOU are WISE and others are blind ... has blinded YOU.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#492662 Nov 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do keep in mind that you are reading and trusting those same writings that were translated and redacted by the catholic bishops as canon.
I've pointed that issue out many times, but those who want to preach concepts of their own truth, don't pay any attention whatsoever ... as the "preaching" has long-been the greatest of importance.

They are certain that a god has "chosen" them TO preach.

That's why the missionaries put their children and their selves in constant jeopardy, and won't quit the stupidity. They believe they were called to duty, by the creator.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#492663 Nov 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. I understand. I mean no harm. In fact, I consider you as a "sis". I would no more throw you under the bus, than my own blood.
Well then you are one up on me. If push came to shove and my survival depended on you being killed, I have no doubt that I could end your life without so much as a feeling of guilt.

That is my concept of honesty.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#492664 Nov 18, 2013
From my perspective, the concept that Christian and Muslim missionaries were called to preach the words of the one and only Abrahamic Jewish deity ought to be perceived as a misnomer.

But, when people are determined to see their selves as being special to a god ... most any belief is considered of the greatest importance.

I suggest that such illusion is a misnomer.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

misnomer

noun

noun: misnomer; plural noun: misnomers

a wrong or inaccurate name or designation.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#492665 Nov 18, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh but you say the Pentecostal movement was the real church all along- and your interpretations are now correct!
I don't get you.
tell me for the record.....at what point did the Catholic Church get infiltrated.
was it when they believed in the Eucharist, infant Baptism, Confession to a Priest. sacramental priesthood. When was it? I'm not a resident in your compound. I refuse to force myself to be stupid just to by into your conspiracy Christianity.
The easiest way to prove what church is the true church is to read the New Testament. There can only be ONE CHURCH. If you start with the day of Pentecost since we already know in Matthew 16;18 Jesus said he was going to build HIS CHURCH. So with that knowledge go to the day of the Pentecost in the year 33 AD and that is the day the church of the bible, the only church of the bible was open and God added 3,000 souls. Does that make sense to all of you out there, can we agree on this much so far? Ok then the next step is to find out how God wants us to worship him, right? Well let's see what it says how God wants us to worship him. In Acts,
The Worship of the Church of Christ
by Rod Rutherford
Jesus said, "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth" (John 4:23,24). Two things are required of worshippers if our devotions are to be acceptable to God.(1) We must worship in spirit. That is, our hearts must be right. We must be right in life. We must have the correct attitude. We must be thinking of what we are doing (Isaiah 1:11-20; Proverbs 28:9; Matthew 15:8).(2) We must worship God in truth. To worship God in truth means that we will worship God according to the truth. God's Word is truth (John 17:17). Therefore, for our devotions to be acceptable to God, they must be offered in accordance with His Word.
The New Testament gives the acts of worship in which Christians are to engage. The acts of worship mentioned in the Old Testament such as dancing, instrumental music, animal sacrifices, special singers, and the burning of incense, were commanded only of the nation of Israel. The Old Testament as a binding law for God's people ended at the cross (Colossians 2:13,14). Christians must learn from the New Testament, the law of Christ for all people today, how God wants to be worshipped today. The acts of worship required by God are plainly set forth in the New Testament.
The Lord's Supper
The Lord's supper or communion (1 Corinthians 10:16) consists of two things:(1) unleavened bread (without yeast) and (2) the fruit of the vine (grape juice). The purpose of the Lord's Supper is to bring to our remembrance the sacrifice of the body and blood of Jesus on the cross for our sins (Matthew 26:26-29). We must be very careful when we partake of the communion that we discern the blood and body of Jesus so that we partake in a worthy manner (1 Corinthians 11:23-30). Christians are to eat the the Lord's Supper every first day of every week (Acts 20:7).
Prayer
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#492666 Nov 18, 2013
Throughout the long and grueling history of religion, humans killed each other because they were certain gods were displeased with human behavior.

It didn't seem to enter their psyches that such killing of other humans was at all wrong.

And some STILL don't seem to see how ridiculous was that system of belief, that indicated that the gods enjoyed observing all the human brutality and bloodshed.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#492667 Nov 18, 2013
Final part,

Prayers offered to God are to be a part of our public worship as well as our private daily devotions. There are many examples and precepts concerning prayer in the New Testament (1 Timothy 2:1,2,8; Philippians 4:6, etc.). In our prayers to God we give thanks and praise His name. In our prayers we can pray for our needs and for the needs of others. Jesus gave us a "model" prayer in Matthew 6:5-15. He did not intend for us simply to repeat this prayer by rote but gave it as an example by which we could pattern our own prayers. Jesus Christ is our mediator and high priest. Therefore, our prayers must be addressed to God in the name of Jesus (John 16:23; 1 Timothy 2:5; Hebrews 4:14-16; 1 John 2:1,2).

Preaching and Teaching God's Word

God has commanded us to teach His Word (Matthew 28:19,20). Both saved and sinners need to be taught. Therefore, a lesson from the Bible is one of the acts of worship in which Christians are to engage (Acts 2:42). We must learn God's Word so that we can grow stronger in Christ, teach others, and overcome false teachings (1 Peter 2:1,2; 2 Timothy 2:2; 4:1-5). This is a very important part of our worship and must never be overlooked.

Giving

Giving of our means is a part of our worship to God. This is the way Christ's church gets the necessary funds to do its work. God has given us the perfect plan for giving (1 Corinthians 16:2). We are told who is to give, "Let every one of you." We are told when we are to give, "Upon the first day of the week." We are also told how much to give, "As God hath prospered us." We show our love for God when we give cheerfully and willingly to Him (2 Corinthians 9:7).

Singing

Christians are commanded to praise God in song (Colossians 3:16). The kind of music God has commanded for His church is vocal music only, that is, singing. There is no command or example anywhere in the New Testament for the use of mechanical instrumental music in Christian worship. To add instruments of music to our singing is a sin for it is adding to what God has told us that He wants. No man has the right to do this (Revelation 22:18,19; 2 John 9-11). We are to "make melody in our hearts" (Ephesians 5:19), the instruments made by God, not instruments made by man!

Neither has God commanded us to have special singers in our worship such as choirs. Every Christian must praise God in song just as every one must partake of the Lord's Supper for himself. The purpose of our worship to God is not to entertain ourselves. Therefore, what we do in worship is not based on that which appeals to our physical senses, but must be based upon what pleases God!

True Christians want to worship God. In fact, it is impossible for a true Christian not to worship God. When we understand God's greatness, His glory, majesty, wisdom, and strength, and reflect upon His infinite mercy in giving His only begotten Son to save us from our sins, our hearts will overflow with a "sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of the lips giving thanks to his name" (Hebrews 13:15).

#492668 Nov 18, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get you.
YOU HAVE NO PROOF FROM GOD'S HOLY WORD THAT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS

ANY INHERITANCE IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD...

ONLY SONS OF GOD ARE HEIRS...

SONS OF THE DAUGHTER OF A STRANGE GOD DOES NOT QUALIFY.

Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

YOU HAVE NO PROOF NOR EVIDENCE

TO PROVE THAT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

IS NOT THE GATES OF HELL

THAT IS ATTEMPTING TO

PREVAIL AGAINST GOD'S CHURCH...

After all it is responsible for the torture murder and burning at stake millions of Christians...in the former crusades and the inquisition...

and as you align yourselves with you antichrist..in Jerusalem ...

Your inquisition and crusades will be repeated...after the true Church

is caught away...in the rapture.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#492669 Nov 18, 2013
I believe it's possible that if and when humans leave religion and come back to earth in attitude as being mortal animals ... only then will we try to perceive each other as being equal in worth.

Right now, religion divides people into right-fighting ignoramuses in the quest to please imaginary deities, rather than trying to please human earthly needs.

A Catholic once scoffed at me, by suggesting that I was putting the Catholic church down. My response was that I was trying to BRING it down, as I am trying to bring all religion down.

The hot air of ego in religion, must be removed, or it will keep flying off in all directions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 min Tony 6,550
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min Aerobatty 988,546
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 23 min Tm Cln 37,143
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 4,333
We do NOT need any walls! 6 hr Paul is dead 34
Harden and James....'the Beard Brothers' 6 hr Doctor REALITY 2
TRUMP OBAMA BUSH - Next Stage in a Big Con Game 6 hr Paul is dead 8
More from around the web