Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646781 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#492226 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never gave anyone a list of Books for sola scripture. That's why the scriptures weren't set until the 4th century. Doesn't that bother you? you just going to keep mumbling 'word of God, bible word of God'
Many of you are Bible idolaters. I love the Holy Scriptures, but you need to view them in the correct context.
Well since most contained events,after His,death ..that's,obvious .

Not my point ..this is,not the,first time that your posts infer the apostles,did,NOT ..PAUL did Not write them..

Yes,your council's put them together .But your tradition did not write the words ..unless you think ..really think ..That they are fabrications ..

Is,that what your Church teaches you ..
You have said before,the apostles,didn't write ..because JESUS,did not tell them to..other things,also ...That MSKE me think YOU have Bern taught that the scripture a were NOT written by he APOSTLES AND,PAUL.

oh praise,Ignatius,
.but put scripture,down to tradition..

Sorry Clay bit it's,disconcerting ..as,this,is,not the first time .

If you believe they ate,preaching someone else's words as the words,of Matthewark.Luke and John ...if your Church taught you that ...please,let us,know
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492227 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
I want to take this moment to thank you for posting to me and about me. As a result, you are spreading the word of God by your vile contempt for it. Thank you for posting to me and I look forward to more conversations in the future.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ... spreading truth???... how funny!
Hallelujah! Thank you "June VanDerMark". Thank you...thank you.

Jesus said in Matthew 5:11, "Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account."

Please, keep it coming. God is using you.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492228 Nov 16, 2013
What does Aristotle and the non observation of God's Holy 7th day Sabbath have in Common?

2000 years prior to Galileo, Aristotle made the profound statement: Heavy objects fall faster than light objects. The Leaning Tower of Pisa was made famous by Galileo when he challenged Aristotle's Hypothesis "that heavy objects fall faster than light objects". The demonstration was held in front of a crowd of interested parties. Galileo's demonstration, once and for all, put to rest the absurdity of such an utterance, and proved beyond a shawdow of a doubt, that heavy objects and light objects fall at the same rate of speed.

The interesting observation here is that for 2000 years no one doubted that the statement could have been false. No one attempted to disprove it before Galileo. They just accepted this statement as fact. This was, after all, the great Greek thinker of our Antiquity! Who are we to doubt such things?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492229 Nov 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not my point ..this is,not the,first time that your posts infer the apostles,did,NOT ..PAUL did Not write them..
Yes,your council's put them together .But your tradition did not write the words ..unless you think ..really think ..That they are fabrications ..
You have said before,the apostles,didn't write ..because JESUS,did not tell them to..other things,also ...That MSKE me think YOU have Bern taught that the scripture a were NOT written by he APOSTLES AND,PAUL.
oh praise,Ignatius,
If you believe they ate,preaching someone else's words as the words,of Matthewark.Luke and John ...if your Church taught you that ...please,let us,know
When are you going to humble your self and start learning TRUTH from a Muslim's point of view?

After all ... the 12th Imam needs worship, as without worship, "he" can't exist.

:)

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492230 Nov 16, 2013
Some theologian back in ancient history decided that a god needed a sabbath-day for the god's special entertainment.

And there-after, it gave the devout-believers something to fight over concerning which day was the holiest day of the week.

Numb-skulls come to mind!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492231 Nov 16, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Even peope who say they are *born again* sin. if you dopn't think so, you are in big trouble.
ALL SIN (this of course includes me). The difference between those born again and those not born again is the born again know they have sinned, it breaks their heart and they repent. Those not born again sin but don't know they are sinning and do not repent. Their hearts and minds have been hardened. Please pray their minds and hearts will be opened to hear from the Holy Spirit. Let's pray James 4:7 on their lives, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492232 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
I hope you learn to praise Allah before you die, or you will spend eternity in writhing pain.

It was written by a theologian, so it has to be true.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book “Infidel,” by Ayaan Hirsi Ali comes the following……

We all heard about Hell. That was what Quran school was mostly about: Hell and all the mistakes that could put us there. The Quran lists Hell’s torments in vivid detail: sores, boiling water, peeling skin, burning flesh, dissolving bowels, the everlasting fires that burns you forever, for as your flesh chars and your juices boil, you form new skin. These details overpower you, ensuring you will obey.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#492233 Nov 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
oh praise,Ignatius,
You'd be horrified if you learned that some Books of the NT weren't written by the Apostles. 2Peter is one I think that scholars question, and several of Pauls letters. They may have been written by their immediate Disciples. In the name of Paul or Peter.
Regardless, nobody ever passed them out and said 'here, this verse says you are wrong'. lol.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492234 Nov 16, 2013
All preachers seem to entertain the idea that while they are busy explaining what the gods demand of humans, that they have "humbled" their selves before their gods.

How funny.

"I'm busy telling other humans what you expect for thoughts and behavior from them GOD ... but I would never dream of disrespecting you by speaking FOR you."

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492235 Nov 16, 2013
The absolute height of human arrogance is to claim they know the mind of a god, when it's only their "simple-MINDED" faith that lead them to be certain that a god, or gods, or goddesses even exist.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows......

THE BIBLE

THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492236 Nov 16, 2013
All theologians had and have unique “stories” that followers believed as being based on truth … and with humans continually being gullible and NEEDY of having “answers”… followers of myths are ever in HIGH demand.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Brahma is the creator of man. We are told in the Yajurveda that the god produced from himself the soul, which is accordingly a part of his own being, and clothed it with a body-a process which is reported in the reverse order in the Hebrew Genesis, where Elohim creates first the body and then breathes the life into the body, which makes of man a living soul.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/evil/hod/hod09.ht ...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492237 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you learn to praise Allah before you die, or you will spend eternity in writhing pain.
It was written by a theologian, so it has to be true.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
From the book “Infidel,” by Ayaan Hirsi Ali comes the following……
We all heard about Hell. That was what Quran school was mostly about: Hell and all the mistakes that could put us there. The Quran lists Hell’s torments in vivid detail: sores, boiling water, peeling skin, burning flesh, dissolving bowels, the everlasting fires that burns you forever, for as your flesh chars and your juices boil, you form new skin. These details overpower you, ensuring you will obey.
You are doing it again. Thank you.

Did you know when people are trained to find counterfeit money they do not study the counterfeit. Oh no. They actually study the legally printed money and thereby can easily spot a counterfeit. This practice also works with Christianity. The only way we can know the counterfeit is to know the real thing. Thanks again.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#492238 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
doug wrote:
the traditions of the Catholic Church comes from Constantine the Roman emperor the year 321 that's where Sunday, the day of the sun, comes from as they used to pray to the sun god as did the Egyptians .
<quoted text>
All of the traditions of the ROMAN CATHOLIC church, not the Biblical truth of the one true small "c" catholic (universal) church, came from Constantine and the ROMAN EMPIRE.....thus the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH of today.
<quoted text>
You can answer your own question by re-reading my post. Did I say that?
No, but my original post to Doug was about Sunday worship. I assumed you agreed with him because you chimed in.
There is tradition and sacred tradition. Sacred tradition is the word of God. What, you actually think the various writings of the NT are all that's revealed?
Do you have a verse that states that?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492239 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be horrified if you learned that some Books of the NT weren't written by the Apostles. 2Peter is one I think that scholars question, and several of Pauls letters. They may have been written by their immediate Disciples. In the name of Paul or Peter.
Regardless, nobody ever passed them out and said 'here, this verse says you are wrong'. lol.
Which scholars? Please provide your source of this information other than the vatican.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#492240 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The nun that I remember anyway, said that Jesus will come to bring the unbaptized infant to Heaven. Was she in error?
Now, I said earlier it was 'nuns' plural. But really- from what we remember- it was our 6th grade nun, Just one, who was allot younger than the other 5 or 6 older ones. But they all lived together, so I assumed they were all on the same page on this.
She shouldn't have said that as it's not Church teaching. Did you read the excerpt I posted from the Catechism? That's what we believe. Anything else is speculation. Now she could be right, and we have every reason to hope that she is, but we can only go by what God has revealed to us. So we leave those souls to His mercy as the Church teaches.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492241 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Every theologian in every religion conjured up the idea that "apostles" came to predict the future of humans.

Ridiculous blather.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492242 Nov 16, 2013
Gerald Gardner of Wicca claimed that the witches (another term from his opinion of the word "apostle")... informed him that the goddess curses homosexuals.

Those men were beyond silly!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492243 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are doing it again. Thank you.
Did you know when people are trained to find counterfeit money they do not study the counterfeit. Oh no. They actually study the legally printed money and thereby can easily spot a counterfeit. This practice also works with Christianity. The only way we can know the counterfeit is to know the real thing. Thanks again.
You are banking on your PRIDE when you suggest that you are too WISE to be taken in by counterfeit-religion.

I suggest that ALL religion because of being based on nothing but imagination, IS counterfeit.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492244 Nov 16, 2013
Christians suggest that Jewish Prophets peeked in to the future to see that the REAL servants of GOD were going to ultimately be Christians.

How silly!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492245 Nov 16, 2013
Worth watching...

http://youtu.be/2cqzRwKKBQs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min MUQ2 281,280
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Rosa_Winkel 971,778
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 min MUQ2 44,708
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min Rosa_Winkel 105,647
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min River Tam 49,206
Erotic, tantric and nuru massage - Central London (Sep '12) 1 hr toby lad 8
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 1 hr Ramiro 417
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 7 hr taylorr 25
More from around the web