Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 582,662
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#491989 Nov 15, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Limbo was never a Catholic teaching. It was/is a theory. It was permissible to accept or reject. Rose mentioned that nuns taught her it. That's probably true. I had nuns who taught me in grade school.(They were old school too). But they never mentioned Limbo to us (and I confirmed this with a childhood friend last week). We remember them saying that Jesus comes to get babies who were too young to sin and He takes them to Heaven.
Clay..I liked what they told you ..But I have a few years,on you ..it was the fifties ...I wish that mine had said Then what yours,did .

REALLY ..That whole idea,made a, HUGE impression....thank God they did NOT say purgatory as,The two ladies Here said ...

We loved those ladies,like mothers and believed everything they told us ...which I am.positive THEY were taught.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#491990 Nov 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
REGINAM. wrote
That's why I began my response by saying you were right. No need to get testy. Now they know the correct teaching, right? Right!
I did not mean to be testy ..But this is,the second time I've said this,..And get told I'm wrong ..I'm glad you said I was right ..I will from now on try not to make even a good comment about your chur h ..But things,like that hAve real life consequences,
But it is,possible folks,like SERAS neighbor think this,purgatory as fact and hurt folks,with the comments ...they make not knowing what their,OWN Church
Teaches,..
That's,why I said,tell them to read, it's,a,dangerous,thing to say as it implies,GOD is,NOT merciful
..not their posts here ...unless,a,vulnerable person reads,them...
I think Catholic girl is,mistaken..
The other poster said it was,still LIMBO three days,ago..now it's,purgatory for babies,..so I discount ..But in real life these things,can mater REGINA,..not for me I'D never say anything close,..
BUT
Try to imagine ..your a,mom ..lost a,young one ..your,not Catholic ..someone,tells,you your child is,burning in purgatory ..That is very sad ...don't you think ..
See,I know I'd never say anything like that ..
I ceased to believe in limbo which was scary enough as,i WAS,taught in school .i ceased to believe it ...about 20 ears,ago
..But to think little,kids,burning in purgatory is,worse,...especially on top of losing your child...the worst pain a,mother could have
Again that's,Why I say THEY ..the Catholics need to read or ask their priests ..
Unfortunately, a lot of Catholics don't know what the Church teaches on many matters. It's not always their fault, but I think at some point it becomes our responsibility to inform ourselves in the faith and to deepen our understanding which can only lead to a more profound spirituality. Still, life gets in the way and many people never get to that point.

From what I'm reading in your posts neither Limbo nor Purgatory are what you think they are, Rose. We would all be extremely lucky to make it to Purgatory. Both Catholics and non-Catholics misunderstand them greatly.

Anyway, since it was never revealed to us what happens to unbaptized children, we can only entrust them to God's mercy. This is why the Sacrament of Holy Baptism is so vitally important.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#491991 Nov 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And not purgatory for a young child either ...LET THE CHILDREN COME TO ME ...HE does,not lie
The Church often gets blasted for not defining every little inch of the faith. Then when they try to carefully, people take it and run. Look at the Eucharist....for centuries Christians were saying 'what is it, why is it that?.. Finally the protestants put their own definition to it: a symbol!
In order to save souls, the Church was forced to try and define the un-definable process of the Eucharist. The title of 'transubstantiation' was put on it in 1580. Protestants then put out leaflets: "Roman Catholic Church just invented the Eucharist"
Now I no I rambled off topic, but I think Limbo falls into the same category. People are always demanding the CC explain mysteries. And if you ask me, I think they do a pretty good job.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491992 Nov 15, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=iTKj_Vd5_BkXX
Can't get the link Sera,

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#491993 Nov 15, 2013
who="Regina" "Because the Church’s teachings are clear, Francis will spend his precious time and energy showing a side of the Church that people, especially the MSM, hasn’t paid attention to: that the Church is not a museum of the perfect, it is a field hospital for sinners." -- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf
Hmmm, interesting that Fr. Zuhlsdorf should call the Church "a hospital for sinners". I agree and always have.

----------
Hospital for sinners. That's what we have called it for years.

KM
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#491994 Nov 15, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Limbo was never a Catholic teaching. It was/is a theory. It was permissible to accept or reject. Rose mentioned that nuns taught her it. That's probably true. I had nuns who taught me in grade school.(They were old school too). But they never mentioned Limbo to us (and I confirmed this with a childhood friend last week). We remember them saying that Jesus comes to get babies who were too young to sin and He takes them to Heaven.
It amazes me what people will say, even those who should know better. What, you said you're about forty? Even with Limbo, I had a much better catechesis than you did, thank God. I'm afraid you grew up at a very bad time in the Church and got a raw deal there, Liam. From what I understand, things are improving in that area, but I still don't like what I'm observing among younger people.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491995 Nov 15, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, a lot of Catholics don't know what the Church teaches on many matters. It's not always their fault, but I think at some point it becomes our responsibility to inform ourselves in the faith and to deepen our understanding which can only lead to a more profound spirituality. Still, life gets in the way and many people never get to that point.
From what I'm reading in your posts neither Limbo nor Purgatory are what you think they are, Rose. We would all be extremely lucky to make it to Purgatory. Both Catholics and non-Catholics misunderstand them greatly.
Anyway, since it was never revealed to us what happens to unbaptized children, we can only entrust them to God's mercy. This is why the Sacrament of Holy Baptism is so vitally important.
And,I agree,about teaching themselves,..especially before,putting it out there ..

For the,past week that is,the,ONLY comment I've made,about your CHURCH ..because I know,we,was,wrong CATHILUC girl ..
The other keep a,changing it up ..And no use,posting.

I believe it is very important o teach your children to love JESUS,...And your grandchildren...

I only buy them Chrisian books,...my eldest did research between two books,I bought him.And a,bible, before he,was seven ..I was amazed ..it was,something he'd read in another book for his brothers ..he brought out theses,books,..he was,so cute ...And,HE,WAS RIGHT ..great memory ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491996 Nov 15, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church often gets blasted for not defining every little inch of the faith. Then when they try to carefully, people take it and run. Look at the Eucharist....for centuries Christians were saying 'what is it, why is it that?.. Finally the protestants put their own definition to it: a symbol!
In order to save souls, the Church was forced to try and define the un-definable process of the Eucharist. The title of 'transubstantiation' was put on it in 1580. Protestants then put out leaflets: "Roman Catholic Church just invented the Eucharist"
Now I no I rambled off topic, but I think Limbo falls into the same category. People are always demanding the CC explain mysteries. And if you ask me, I think they do a pretty good job.
As in only comment this,week on your beliefs,..because,she,was,wron g ...not by what I believe but what YOU GUYS,say ...
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#491997 Nov 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Regina" "Because the Church’s teachings are clear, Francis will spend his precious time and energy showing a side of the Church that people, especially the MSM, hasn’t paid attention to: that the Church is not a museum of the perfect, it is a field hospital for sinners." -- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf
Hmmm, interesting that Fr. Zuhlsdorf should call the Church "a hospital for sinners". I agree and always have.
----------
Hospital for sinners. That's what we have called it for years.
KM
The Church has always revered Christ as the Divine Physician. How many ancient prayers there are to Him under that title. The Protestants probably have them as well. And then there are the "Healing Sacraments". There are many kinds of wounds and, as they say, with age comes wisdom and that's when we begin to get a glimpse of what it is we truly need to pray for.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#491998 Nov 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure your meaning of theocracy
Christ .YESHUA ,fulfilled the prophecies,given to the,JEWS,thru Abraham and Moses..He is,the continuation and fulfillment of the,Jewish promise .
The promise,long before the,Jews,given in the Garden ..
Many of the,Jews,did not see,Him.as,Messiah as,they assumed He,would,do what HE WILL do when He,comes again......RULE ..
I am speaking of the institution lead by and through Constantine beginning at Nicaea, edited and compiled in it's inception by the bishop of Caesarea....redacted and elaborated even further by the papacy through council.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#491999 Nov 15, 2013
who="atemcowboy" My Mentor died tonight after a long illness. angels are singing tonight.
RIP, REV. DONALD SHOCKEY

----------
Our sympathy is with you, yours, and his family.

KayMarie

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#492000 Nov 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther hated the Jews, and wanted them banished, converted, or dead ... so that WAS his context of his SELF!
Do you agree with Luther's SELF???
No. I don't hate anyone. Dislike, yes, hate, no.

I do hate onions though. EEEWWW!!!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#492002 Nov 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay..I liked what they told you ..But I have a few years,on you ..it was the fifties ...I wish that mine had said Then what yours,did .
REALLY ..That whole idea,made a, HUGE impression....thank God they did NOT say purgatory as,The two ladies Here said ...
We loved those ladies,like mothers and believed everything they told us ...which I am.positive THEY were taught.
Up until a few years ago your evangelical communities taught that the use of artificial contraception was sinful. Now they don't. Can you explain that?
HuskerDu

Falls City, NE

#492003 Nov 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And not purgatory for a young child either ...LET THE CHILDREN COME TO ME ...HE does,not lie
Purgatory is a place where our sins are cleansed from our souls. no one can go to heaven without being cleansed. Some people do suffer here on earth enough to go straight to heaven, such as agonizing cancer . Children do have sins on their souls, we are born with original sin and only the Blessed Virgin was free from sin. Little children do sin and do go to Purgatory. Some are not responseble for their actions , such as very young children and the mentally handicapped, but even Saints go through Purgatory. Purgatory is not a bad thing, Rose, if you made Purgatory, you know you will see heaven at some time. We need to pray for the poor souls in Purgatory. In return they pray for us. there is a concept where some say Purgatory is something we travel through going to Heaven, going through fire, then seeing Heaven. I don't know where people get the idea that children won't go to Purgatory. We are taught how to confess our sins right before we receive First Communion. Chrildren are seven then and are aware of sin.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#492004 Nov 15, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
It amazes me what people will say, even those who should know better. What, you said you're about forty? Even with Limbo, I had a much better catechesis than you did, thank God. I'm afraid you grew up at a very bad time in the Church and got a raw deal there, Liam. From what I understand, things are improving in that area, but I still don't like what I'm observing among younger people.
I'm not catching what your throwing. Did the nuns not teach me correctly?

Location hidden

#492005 Nov 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="atemcowboy" My Mentor died tonight after a long illness. angels are singing tonight.
RIP, REV. DONALD SHOCKEY
----------
Our sympathy is with you, yours, and his family.
KayMarie
my FAVORITE SONG THAT HE SUNG FOR ME OFTEN

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt...

Albuquerque, NM

#492006 Nov 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And, do you not understand/know that the writer of Hebrews could be Barnabas?
The writer must have had authority in the apostolic church.
Also, the writer was an intellectual Hebrew Christian and was well versed in the Old Testament.
Barnabas meets all these requirements.
Acts 4:36
36 Joseph, a Levite from Cyprus, whom the apostles called Barnabas (which means “son of encouragement”),
Is Barnabas a canonical text?

"Barnabas, c. 130 Knows Matthew; probably John; phrases resemble 1, 2 Timothy. Does not quote any part of New Testament as scripture."

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/larry_...

Was Barnabas a canonical text?

Yes, prior to 325 CE

Is it an inspired text or heretical?

Location hidden

#492007 Nov 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Up until a few years ago your evangelical communities taught that the use of artificial contraception was sinful. Now they don't. Can you explain that?
after centuries of being led by false cults like Catholicism, people grew up.

Albuquerque, NM

#492008 Nov 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep regurgitating Jesus-blather, and then you claim that you don't know if Jesus even existed, or whether there will be an afterlife.
You can't make sense out of your own opinions, much less trying to lead others on YOUR self-perceived path of supposed truth.
Who leading?

And yes, I do have opinions on what to believe. Unfortunately, in regards to Jesus - I believe he was just some guy who had a radical theory and expressed it like others before him - including the list you provided numerous times. But I do not believe he "rose in bodily form". No man has ever done that, unless Jesus was an extraterrestrial being and was "taken up" into some spaceship. It is a plausible story as well, but not enough evidence to support it, so it lays by the side of the street.

IMO - there is plenty of evidence to substantiate another dimensional "spiritual" world, so I will go on believing one exists.

You are correct, some of those opinions have not been saturated with "proper evidence" yet, but will. Whatever is "proper evidence"? It seems, noone can honestly answer it.

As for me leading - nah!! I really don't prefer people to follow me, but their own path - in which I can lead them to.

Self.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#492009 Nov 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>after centuries of being led by false cults like Catholicism, people grew up.
That's what atheists say about Christianity. So you "grew up" and it's no longer a sin in God's eyes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Double Fine 825,363
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min Rosa_Winkel 98,818
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 11 min lil whispers 2,243
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 16 min sangili karuppan 6,286
my friend trying to seduce my mom 17 min yoyo mama 45 1
pound your pud and release your seed for Emma W... 57 min Charlie Sheen 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 58 min MUQ2 40,104
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Holy Virgin Dr Sh... 611,765
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 442,452
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr AN NFL FAN 121,614
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) Fri puspamishra130 190
More from around the web