Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649808 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492206 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you believe the Bible came to be?
Men wrote all the words ... especially so you would fall for that HOLY B.S. and they could in turn lure you (by your greed to believe your self HOLY)... into their cult.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#492207 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible came from the traditions of the Catholic Church. There is no other way around this truth. You have to acknowledge it. You can't force yourself to believe it fell from the sky - chapter and verses and all.
The word of God is not limited to what people documented in writing either.
Clay.. You guys,worship.as,you wish..But you ate,now,saying SCRIPTURE came from tradition....not Paul and the Apostles,....that's,just not right ..

Your really saying your gospels,..which ate,read each day..are,NOT from the,words,of Jesus,..But from the,traditions,of men

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492208 Nov 16, 2013
Even if a creator existed ... do you HONESTLY believe that the creator would WANT you to LORD your attitude of being superior TO THE CREATOR over the worth of others.

Are you that SELF-CENTERED?

When I was under the spell of religion, I never believed that attitude made any sense whatsoever.

I always believed that the warm and loving door would be open to all believers and even those that didn't have the mindset to believe.

If you believe in a creator that favors you because of your religion ... I suggest you are on a trip of PRIDE that ought to, for the sake of a leveling "agent," result in a fall.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492209 Nov 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
..are,NOT from the,words,of Jesus,..But from the,traditions,of men
Men throughout history put words in the mouths of many supposed saviors.

The Catholics did the same with the supposed savior-myth of Jesus.

If you insist on believing that your image of a savior is real, and the images of other saviors are false ... that attitude does nothing for you but bolster more PRIDE in your own system of belief ... which is already over-loaded with PRIDE!

"ME ... ME ... MY BELIEF IS RIGHTEOUS AND SPECIAL AND GOD LOVES ME BECAUSE 'I' SEE HIS ONE AND ONLY TRUTH ... BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!!"

Nothing but flights of arrogance comes from religion.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492210 Nov 16, 2013
doug wrote:
the traditions of the Catholic Church comes from Constantine the Roman emperor the year 321 that's where Sunday, the day of the sun, comes from as they used to pray to the sun god as did the Egyptians .
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my. If I showed you that that's a lie, would you stop believing it?
All of the traditions of the ROMAN CATHOLIC church, not the Biblical truth of the one true small "c" catholic (universal) church, came from Constantine and the ROMAN EMPIRE.....thus the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH of today.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492211 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
I have repeatedly asked you not to post to me. Your cuts and slams are from your dark heart and are not appreciated. Please honor my request. Thank you.
<quoted text>
When you quote me please use the entire quote listed above. Not a shortened version. Thanks again.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no need to post your whole sermon.
You simply wanted me to quit posting to you, and that is not going to occur.
You can preach on a forum ... but I suggest you expect others to counter your claims of holiness.
I happen to take offense at your idea that because I won't join your religion, I am evil according to a god. One, by the way that within the theology you stole from the faithful Jews.
I want to take this moment to thank you for posting to me and about me. As a result, you are spreading the word of God by your vile contempt for it. Thank you for posting to me and I look forward to more conversations in the future.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#492212 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
doug wrote:
the traditions of the Catholic Church comes from Constantine the Roman emperor the year 321 that's where Sunday, the day of the sun, comes from as they used to pray to the sun god as did the Egyptians .
<quoted text>
All of the traditions of the ROMAN CATHOLIC church, not the Biblical truth of the one true small "c" catholic (universal) church, came from Constantine and the ROMAN EMPIRE.....thus the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH of today.
Are you saying Constantine invented Sunday worship for Christians??

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492213 Nov 16, 2013
Wacky theology

Creator ... "I love all of you just as you are."

"But you can't love others as you love me. I am a Protestant, and I preach truth, while those others preach nothing but lies."

Creator ... "Are you DARING to command ME with your haughty attitude of who I can and can't LOVE?"
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#492214 Nov 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay.. You guys,worship.as,you wish..But you ate,now,saying SCRIPTURE came from tradition....not Paul and the Apostles,....that's,just not right ..
Your really saying your gospels,..which ate,read each day..are,NOT from the,words,of Jesus,..But from the,traditions,of men
Jesus never gave anyone a list of Books for sola scripture. That's why the scriptures weren't set until the 4th century. Doesn't that bother you? you just going to keep mumbling 'word of God, bible word of God'

Many of you are Bible idolaters. I love the Holy Scriptures, but you need to view them in the correct context.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492215 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
EARLY CHRISTIANS - 2nd Century

"The primitive Christians did keep the Sabbath of the Jews;...therefore the Christians, for a long time together, did keep their conventions upon the Sabbath, in which some portions of the law were read: and this continued till the time of the Laodicean council." "The Whole Works" of Jeremy Taylor, Vol. IX,p. 416 (R. Heber's Edition, Vol XII, p. 416).

http://www.remnantofgod.org/sabhist.htm#2
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492216 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
doug wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You can answer your own question by re-reading my post. Did I say that?
HuskerDu

Falls City, NE

#492217 Nov 16, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>It was Saint Bernadette's spirituality that developed out of her suffering that made her a saint, not the suffering it self...
You are wrong again. Out f her suffering with asthma as a child plus the poverty she lived in made her worthy to be visited by the Blessed Virgin, her life was hard and she accepted it. She knew others would be cured but not her.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#492218 Nov 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if your self is trying to lead others to perfected selfhood, should you be disliking the other humans that you are trying to lead???
Only an individual can make the choices they do.

Why do you keep thinking I can make the choice for them?

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492219 Nov 16, 2013
Another know-it-all preacher ... pounding his pulpit, comparable to a gorilla pounding its chest while in the heat of lust for his Mrs.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

God Invented Sex … Charles Wittschiebe … Seventh-Day-Adventist

Note that Satan, when he could no longer succeed in having the Jewish leaders break the Sabbath, then brought about an inhuman system of observing it by a stifling mass of minute legalistic regulations.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#492220 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Bible came from God. It was delivered to His people by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, written down by men and given to the small "c" catholic (universal) body of believers.
Your Roman Catholic cult takes credit for and prides itself in believing they wrote the Bible. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Rome has not given us the Bible but has taught false doctrines that cannot be found in the very book they pride themselves in writing and giving to the world.
Thank you for telling it like it is.
HuskerDu

Falls City, NE

#492221 Nov 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So a,person who is,saved..born again...can sin badly but have sincere,repentance ....???
The,Spirit will let them know,it's,wrong ....And I've read about being broken .....That would refer to errant born again s,???
GOD,knocks,them down to ring them back ..like the,Prodigal .?????
REPENTANCE to God ....
Is,what you are,saying ...they can RETURN unless they harden their hearts,so badly they DON'T repent??
Even peope who say they are *born again* sin. if you dopn't think so, you are in big trouble.
HuskerDu

Falls City, NE

#492222 Nov 16, 2013
people and don't, typos

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492223 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of you are Bible idolaters. I love the Holy Scriptures, but you need to view them in the correct context.
UNBELIEVABLE!!!... is the arrogance that comes from self-ordained theologians such as YOU.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#492224 Nov 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The "supposed evidence" is in your imagination.
And your arrogance is showing when you insinuate that YOU KNOW the evidence exists and can SEE IT, but others haven't yet "arrived" at your state of knowledge.
It's the same old nonsense peddled by theologians ever since they existed as mortal nincompoops, ever claiming to KNOW what they didn't know.
There is all kinds of tangible evidence that exists.

You know how to use a computer, google "paranormal" and you will see all kinds of links pop up.

You know the old adage - "Don't judge a book by its cover." One must read in order to understand the context.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492225 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
I want to take this moment to thank you for posting to me and about me. As a result, you are spreading the word of God by your vile contempt for it. Thank you for posting to me and I look forward to more conversations in the future.
YOU ... spreading truth???... how funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min VIKING 55,985
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Ooogah Boogah 972,385
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 13 min Ricky F 39,053
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Flower-Child 53,840
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 1 hr Danielle 171
Black gay brothers drop your BBM pins 1 hr from uk 2
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 106,052
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web