Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
474,701 - 474,720 of 536,847 Comments Last updated 30 min ago

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

who="Clay " <quoted text>
Do you really believe God would give us the scriptures without an earthly authority to safeguard and interpret them?

----------
No, that is why that He gave us the Holy Spirit, and told us that the Holy Spirit would guide us in all Truth, and that He would remind us of those things which Jesus said.

A high caste young Hindu woman was faithful to worship her idols and pray to them. A few days ago she accidentally broke one of them. She was hurt and frightened, and fell on her knees to pray.

A voice behind her said, "My daughter..." She turned to look but there was no one there. She heard the voice again, "My daughter.."
This time she saw a bright light and in that light she saw Jesus.

She believed and was born again at the moment. She is now active in a Christian ministry in India.

Some would question how she knew that it was Jesus that she saw. I know that we have no 'real' pictures of Him, but I have NEVER failed to recognize Him in a supposed picture of Him. I've seen white 'Jesus' pictures, I've seen Him pictured as a black man, a Japanese, etc. It's a bit miraculous, I know, but we tend to see Him in our minds as looking like one of us. Any artist does the same.

KayMarie
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
"Within the theology" ... if Moses was under the law of Jehovah, as there is only ONE god and ONE law ... you should be under the SAME law.
June,

The Law of Moses is also called "the Law of Sin and Death."

We are under "the Law of Christ."

Hebrews 8:6

6 But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.

Hebrews 9:16-18

16 In the case of a will, it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it,

17 because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living.

18 <<<<<This is why even the first covenant was not put into effect without blood.>>>>>

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is why are you so adamantine in your own zealousness to obliterate religion,
I can't obliterate religion. I can only encourage others to leave religion.

If you could encourage others to leave their religion to join yours, I suggest you would be (so to speak) in 7th heaven.

Yet, you refuse to understand why I try to encourage others to leave ALL religion ... INCLUDING your religion.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

The Catholic Church is the largest Christian pre-deoominational Church with over 1.1 billion members, over half of all Christians worldwide, making it the world's second largest religion after Sunni Islam[1]. Since the Catholic Church is the only Church that was was initited by Jesus Christ over 2000 years ago, it is considered to be pre-denominational, as the only original pre-denominational church).[2] Protestant denominations comprise roughly 3839% of Christians worldwide, and together the Catholics, Protestants, Anglicans, and other closely related denominations comprise Western Christianity. The Eastern Orthodox Church, Oriental Orthodox Churches and the Assyrian Church of the East are considered Eastern Christian denominations. Western Christian denominations prevail in Western Europe and its former colonies. Eastern Christian denominations are represented mostly in Eastern Europe, the Middle East and North Africa.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>I'm waiting also....no devoted Catholic on the thread even attempts to explain their position on the subject of Saul of Tarsus or why Jewish traditions aren't adopted, as Jesus practiced Judaism. So yea, I'm waiting too!!
Again (within the theological nonsense) you insult the Jews by claiming that a savior was sent to earth by his Jewish father to in turn lead the Jews away from Judaism into a religion totally foreign to Judaism.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
June,
The Law of Moses is also called "the Law of Sin and Death."
By the Christians.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

hojo wrote:
The Catholic Church is the largest Christian pre-deoominational Church with over 1.1 billion members, over half of all Christians worldwide,
They forced people to join their religion, or be tortured and put to death.

Vicious brutes.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly ...And didn't I read something about the,Church forbade its,people to lend money ..or something like that?? I could be wrong .
But they used the banks of the JEWS ..or something like that ...
Basically there was,a reason Jews,got into finance ..of course at different times ..especially W W 2 ....their goods and money it confiscated
You are correct. It was the only trade left open to the Jewish people.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Would YOU be one of those preachers?
No!!!------- Since it is the Catholic Church has, is and continues to be the "only" TRUE CHURCH that has proclaimed, taught and ministered the Fullness of the TRUTH and the Fullness of the FAITH for over 2000 years----both biblically and historically---- PROVEN to be TRUE!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
"Within the theology" ... if Moses was under the law of Jehovah, as there is only ONE god and ONE law ... you should be under the SAME law.
June,

Could the Law of Moses take away anyone's sins?

Absolutely NOT!!!

So, why would anyone think that they should still be under that law?

A new and better law took its place, the Law of Christ.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct. It was the only trade left open to the Jewish people.
Before Hitler took over, the Jews had control over the financial situation in Germany.

As Hitler's regime became more powerful, the Jews were forced to take other means of bargaining for their lives.

The ones with money at first could escape ... but finally, there was no escape.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
By the Christians.
Romans 8:2

2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

***through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit (Law of Christ)-life (SPIRITUAL)

***set you FREE from the law of sin and death (Law of Moses)-spiritual death...

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
June,
Could the Law of Moses take away anyone's sins?
Absolutely NOT!!!
So, why would anyone think that they should still be under that law?
A new and better law took its place, the Law of Christ.
That mindset stems from your Christian indoctrination.

If you want to know what a Jew that practices Judaism believes, I suggest you as the Jew.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They forced people to join their religion, or be tortured and put to death.
Vicious brutes.
HOGWASH!!---NO ONE in the Catholic Church is forcing ANYONE to join Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church!!! If non-catholics don't want to accept the TRUTH of the TRUE biblical teachings of the Church, they are "free" to go down the street to a Protestant Church where "each persons-personal opinion" is the final authority,(any one of the 42,100 denominations) in which their ministers and preachers will "tell them what they want to hear"! i.e abortion, gay marriage, embroyonic stem cell research, women ministers, euthenasia or whatever else comes along, depending on which way the "politically correct" (wind happens to blow)!!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:

~~~
THE DEVIL IS NOT A FAKE...YOU ARE EVEN NOW FOLLOWING HIS AGENDA..
AS LONG AS YOU... DO NOT ADMIT HE EXIST ...HE CAN DO HIS DIRTY WORK THROUGH YOU ...INCOGNITO...
HE WILL USE YOU .... FLOUT YOUR EGO..AND ULTIMATELY DESTROY YOU ......
Rom_6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

New Age wrote:

Do you have proof of this? A citation that shows a study of this occurring? Anything?
<quoted text>
If you don't believe the word of God and what it says...what I tell you wont register..
Diverting GiF? Of course you will. Because you have nothing but a formulated opinion based upon what men told you to believe.

I figured as much.

You seem to like being dishonest with others.
<quoted text>
I can say that I have done spiritual war fair with a demon possessed man..
whom the devil ... change his countenance,...spoke through him and
.gave him the strength to throw his wife bodily across the room..
Sure you have.

If I had been you, I would have recorded it via video and/or digital recorder. But you didn't, huh? So now you just want to think that others will believe you, because of your word.

Dishonest people will get their word out, but now-a-days, it will be a challenge for them to be taken seriously.
<quoted text>
I don't expect you to believe me.
I don't. You haven't given me or this forum anything for us to believe you.

As far as I am concerned, you lie, are dishonest towards others, and belittle others with your own opinions of hogwash.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

I, on the other hand, expect you, a so-called preacher, to believe Jesus, but yet you don't.

And you want others to believe your nonsense.

Yeah right.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted textMy blatter is like Lake Niagra that seperates our two countries.I'LL need more undergarments A.
I found some warm dry undergarments for the eveining myself June!
Human Being

Sunset, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't obliterate religion. I can only encourage others to leave religion.
If you could encourage others to leave their religion to join yours, I suggest you would be (so to speak) in 7th heaven.
Yet, you refuse to understand why I try to encourage others to leave ALL religion ... INCLUDING your religion.
June

Your "encouragement" is rather dubious in nature.

But you are partly correct, I do not understand why you try, though I do not refuse to understand. That is merely your opinion.

Your premise is that the "world" would be better off without religion. Yet you offer no alternative to that which has existed back farther in time than written history. That is illogical, and that is why I do not understand.

To blame the ills of the world on religion, is like me blaming myself for all the ills of humanity....

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Now that's real talk!!! That's a more intelligent response than most. Point understood!
In other words.....Self.

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God".

Jesus wouldn't had said it, if it didn't have am eaning to it.

I'm just not sure why many so-called "Christians" reject it over what men have supplied them to believe.

I guess they just don't believe Jesus.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Heretics, hypocrites, false teachers and ministers have spoken this same kind of "rubbish" (that you speak-New Age)----AND---- have repeated it for over 2000 years------AND--have "come and gone"---AND -------will "continue to "come and go", YET---the One True (Universal-Catholic) Church established and inititated by Jesus Christ Himself---------LIVES ON!!!!!---and will "continue" to ------LIVE ON!!!------because Jesus "said it would" in Matthew 16!!!!!!!
That was then, this is now.

You live in antiquity, I live in the present.

The antiquity you praise lacked logic and reason, but chose to mislead and belittle.

Modern man uses logic and reason, exposes weaknesses to make them stronger, and continues to improve.

Your religion does not. It would rather remain blinded by men's ego.

You fit in well.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Again (within the theological nonsense) you insult the Jews by claiming that a savior was sent to earth by his Jewish father to in turn lead the Jews away from Judaism into a religion totally foreign to Judaism.
U don't comprehend well, do U?! Nothing was claimed from my part! Judaism is the practice that Jesus followed and I wonder why people that claim to follow Jesus don't practice Judaism. These Jews of today aren't really who they say they are (but that's another subject) and just as others, some religious leaders have twisted interpretation unto their own gain. U're consistently lost in context because the only thing U look for in posts are things that U can throw a slick insult towards while avoiding the overall context....then try to claim that U're not the one with the comprehension problem, even though U're the one whose lost in context!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

493 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 5 min Naveen kumar 931
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min CALYPS017 117,725
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 min Aquarius-WY 2,155
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Double Fine 729,507
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min waaasssuuup 225,570
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min Aura Mytha 259,040
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 27 min Hot hot 652
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Helmut Prince von... 599,511
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Freebird USA 172,886
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••