Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654122 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#492186 Nov 16, 2013
Furthermore: Col.2:8 Be careful not to let anyone rob you of this faith through a shollow and misleading philosophy .
Such a person follow human traditions and the worlds way of doing things rather than following Christ.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492187 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a blessed day.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the Christian, as the majority of the people in the world starve and in turn suffer from starvation related diseases.
I have repeatedly asked you not to post to me. Your cuts and slams are from your dark heart and are not appreciated. Please honor my request. Thank you.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492188 Nov 16, 2013
doug wrote:
<quoted text>Mar:You abandon the commandments of God, to follow human traditions, read further Mar:7:13
And YOU ... being HOLY ... and above all that evil stuff ... do NOT follow human traditions.

Arrogance is the best seller in the world. That is why the books tagged as holy are such prolific money makers for the theologians.

What a GAS!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492189 Nov 16, 2013
"I have the right to use my HOLY BOOK to preach at you that you are evil and I am HOLY."

Isn't this FUN!
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#492190 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible came from the traditions of the Catholic Church. There is no other way around this truth. You have to acknowledge it. You can't force yourself to believe it fell from the sky - chapter and verses and all.
The word of God is not limited to what people documented in writing either.
who told you? is the Bible wrong? are you above the word of God. Shall we then reject the word of God and except your word ??

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492191 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
You are a poison to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
And "I" have made MY SELF over into HIS HOLY image. And I claim this is absolutely true, even though I am fully aware that the faithful Jews state that Jesus is a fake savior... because if he had existed he would have willingly lead the people away from Judaism.
Liam

Warwick, RI

#492192 Nov 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I guarantee that if Bubba had made you his "queen" ... you wouldn't have been focused on your image of a holy spirit, as your bum would have been trying to keep it's self protected from Bubba's ongoing advances.
Talk of holiness is cheap!
At that time in my life, Bubba would have been laying on the ground bleeding out of his ears. That's just the truth.
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#492193 Nov 16, 2013
the traditions of the Catholic Church comes from Constantine the Roman emperor the year 321 that's where Sunday, the day of the sun, comes from as they used to pray to the sun god as did the Egyptians .

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492194 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
I have repeatedly asked you not to post to me.
This is a forum ... not YOUR church.

Now you can give one of your sermons about how evil I am for not seeing truth as you (as a matter of COURSE) see it in your trustworthy view-finder.

:)

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492195 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Your cuts and slams are from your dark heart and are not appreciated.
Do all the other devout believers in all the other religions also have dark hearts ... from your ultra-divine self-perceived "POSITION?"
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492196 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible came from the traditions of the Catholic Church. There is no other way around this truth. You have to acknowledge it. You can't force yourself to believe it fell from the sky - chapter and verses and all.
The word of God is not limited to what people documented in writing either.
Our Bible came from God. It was delivered to His people by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, written down by men and given to the small "c" catholic (universal) body of believers.

Your Roman Catholic cult takes credit for and prides itself in believing they wrote the Bible. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Rome has not given us the Bible but has taught false doctrines that cannot be found in the very book they pride themselves in writing and giving to the world.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492197 Nov 16, 2013
Humans by nature are selfish ... but when they "GET" religion, most of them become unbearable in the attitude that they speak no longer for their selves ... but have moved to the top of the echelon to in turn guide others to states of holiness.

YUCK!!!
Liam

Warwick, RI

#492198 Nov 16, 2013
doug wrote:
<quoted text> who told you? is the Bible wrong? are you above the word of God. Shall we then reject the word of God and except your word ??
How do you believe the Bible came to be?

Did the Apostles get together and select only a few of them to write? Did they pass out those select writings without explaining it?
Seriously, you can't just mumble 'word of God. Bible. Word of God'
Use your head. The Bible is not one Book, its a collection of Books. The canon developed over time by the Catholic Church. It was first printed into a book in 1452 AD. At that point it became available to people like you to run off in a rabid frenzy with it. Now you use it against the very Church upon which it came??
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492199 Nov 16, 2013
I have repeatedly asked you not to post to me. Your cuts and slams are from your dark heart and are not appreciated. Please honor my request. Thank you.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a forum ... not YOUR church.
Now you can give one of your sermons about how evil I am for not seeing truth as you (as a matter of COURSE) see it in your trustworthy view-finder.
:)
When you quote me please use the entire quote listed above. Not a shortened version. Thanks again.
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#492200 Nov 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And YOU ... being HOLY ... and above all that evil stuff ... do NOT follow human traditions.
Arrogance is the best seller in the world. That is why the books tagged as holy are such prolific money makers for the theologians.
What a GAS!
no i do not follow human traditions , and I am not holy ,we are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God including you

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#492201 Nov 16, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
Gotta run...decorating the outside with Christmas lights while the weather is warm..have a great day!
Have fun.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492202 Nov 16, 2013
For having doubt that what he was taught had been based on truth, the priest was plagued with guilt and horrendous fear.

That was the aim of his theologians ... to in turn keep him under their constant manipulative control.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book,“CONFESSIONS of a FRENCH CATHOLIC PRIEST … edited by Samuel F. B. Morse, A. M.… published in 1837 by John S. Taylor, New York, comes the following.

In the meanwhile it was necessary to act, and , in spite of all my fears, to fulfil my functions; to say masses; to confess; and I was, by my very doubt, in a mortal sin, while those functions require a perfect purity of conscience under pain of damnation. Oh! What did not I suffer when I ascended the altar for the first time in this desperate disposition of mind! I am astonished how the frame of a man can bear such an ordeal and not sink. Arrived at the foot of the altar, I became almost beside myself; I was blind, not knowing what I said nor what I did. Gazing at the crucifix before me, at the chalice, at the wafer, with a species of imbecility.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492203 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
When you quote me please use the entire quote listed above. Not a shortened version. Thanks again.
There was no need to post your whole sermon.

You simply wanted me to quit posting to you, and that is not going to occur.

You can preach on a forum ... but I suggest you expect others to counter your claims of holiness.

I happen to take offense at your idea that because I won't join your religion, I am evil according to a god. One, by the way that within the theology you stole from the faithful Jews.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492204 Nov 16, 2013
doug wrote:
<quoted text> no i do not follow human traditions , and I am not holy ,we are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God including you
Then why are you USING scriptures to indicate that you are NOT a sinner, while others still live in sin?

You are see-through.
Liam

Warwick, RI

#492205 Nov 16, 2013
doug wrote:
the traditions of the Catholic Church comes from Constantine the Roman emperor the year 321 that's where Sunday, the day of the sun, comes from as they used to pray to the sun god as did the Egyptians .
Oh my. If I showed you that that's a lie, would you stop believing it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 48 min PELE78 64,112
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 106,547
What color will Taylor Swift's baby be? 1 hr Anonymous 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 45,246
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 3,818
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr crucifiedguy 281,884
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 2 hr gundee123 824
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Lumatrix 973,845
More from around the web