Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595631 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#491722 Nov 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
When did the Church established by Jesus Christ get the name Catholic?
Christ left the adoption of a name for His Church to those whom he commissioned to teach all nations. Christ called the spiritual society He established, "My Church" (Mt. xvi, 18), "the Church" (Mt. xviii, 17).
In order to have a distinction between the Church and the Synagogue and to have a distinguishing name from those embracing Judaic and Gnostic errors we find St. Ignatius (50-107 AD) using the Greek word "Katholicos" (universal) to describe the universality of the Church established by Christ. St. Ignatius was appointed Bishop of Antioch by St. Peter, the Bishop of Rome. It is in his writings that we find the word Catholic used for the first time. St. Augustine, when speaking about the Church of Christ, calls it the Catholic Church 240 times in his writings.
St. Ignatius of Antioch, disciple of the Apostle John, concerning the heretics of his day wrote: "They have abstained from the Eucharist and prayer, because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of Our Savior Jesus Christ."
St. Justin Martyr, another Church Father of the second century wrote: "This food is known among us as the Eucharist... We do not receive these things as common bread and common drink; but as Jesus Christ our Savior, being made flesh by the Word of God."
"Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has life everlasting and I will raise Him up on the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed" (John 6:54-56) "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?" they argued.(John 6:53) "And whilst they were at supper, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke: and gave to his disciples, and said: Take ye, and eat. THIS IS MY BODY. And taking the chalice, he gave thanks, and gave to them, saying: Drink ye all of this. FOR THIS IS MY BLOOD." (cf. Matt. 26:26-28; Mark 14:22-24; Luke 22:19-20).
In the most unequivocal language the Apostles affirmed that the bread and wine duly consecrated on the altar did in fact become the actual Substance of the Savior. Declared the Apostle Paul: "The chalice of benediction which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? And the bread which we break, is it not the partaking of the body of the Lord?" (1 Cor. 10:16)
....Receive ye the Holy Ghost. Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained." (John 20:19-23). "Amen I say to you, whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, shall be bound also in heaven; and whatsoever you shall loose upon earth, shall be loosed also in heaven." (Matt. 18:18) "Take heed to yourselves, and to the whole flock, wherein the Holy Ghost hath placed you bishops, to rule the church of God ..." (Acts. 20:28) "And when they had ordained to them priests in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, in whom they believed." (Acts 14:22). " He that heareth you, heareth me; and he that despiseth you, despiseth me; and he that despiseth me, despiseth Him that sent me." - Luke 10:16
Catholic Church is the church most united in Christ. The spectacle of one billion Catholics, three-fifths of all professed Christians, perfectly, indomitably united in belief, in organization, and in worship - the historical fact that Catholics, consistently the largest body of Christians in the world, have always been thus perfectly united - was evidence nobody can not ignore. Here is the unity of Bible prophecy - nowhere else on the Christian scene was there a unity nearly so compact, nearly so long-lived. Nowhere else on the Christian scene was there a unity so obviously permanent.
HOJO says.......using the Greek word "Katholicos"

Michael says......so! instead of calling yourself catholic you are changing it to Katholicos now??(lol)
truth

Perth, Australia

#491723 Nov 14, 2013
Why people act as animals?

Why animation of power coming from animals?

Why people liked fly as birds?

Why Abraham need blessing?
Did lazo as laziti on knee coming from snake?

Why every baby lazy on knee as snake?
Which animals walk straight on lags?
cow horse lamb goat..Why human not?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#491724 Nov 14, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose. Thank you for your kind words.I know that you are aware. But I want to make sure that others know I cant take credit fot the words themselves. It comes from this site:
http://dust2doxology.wordpress.com/2012/07/06...
Kind,? Me,..oh dear,.not what I heard....well ok ..

Seriuosly that was still beAutiful.to bring it to us,
truth

Perth, Australia

#491725 Nov 14, 2013
Why you need be independent?

How someone describe independent person..straight confident positive believer know what wants ..savior and so on.

Which biggest beneficiary coming from minded independent person or groups?

What scripture say I am within you or i am group and with group stay within you.

What so ever you have on then will be lost or destroy.

Who say I can created within 3 days what so ever
I need?
Independent person or group.

Who is that Savior?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491726 Nov 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Common-sense theology would write and preach words such as "Jehovah commanded 'No son of mine would be working in Catholic confessionals, OR in any of those Protestant churches. He would be preaching ONLY Judaism.'"
:)
I agree. Even as a historian I have to dig through the propaganda and legends to find the truth on matters completely secular.
I treat religious documents no differently.

I am convinced that a real "Jesus" lived and died in the 1st Cent. Levant. I have researched this person carefully as well as Judaism of his period. I have a come up with a reasonable recreation of his life and teachings and "believe" it to be far more accurate than any previous historical or religious reconstruction to date.

I see no need, within the various Jewish beliefs of the time, to even consider any of the Modern Christian beliefs to be accurate nor true. Jesus lived and died a Jew, his life correlates uncannily to Levitical atonement rituals and would lend weight to a belief that Jesus was the salvation for mankind (one that on a 'superstitious' level that I do not defend (nor can explain) I actually BELIEVE to be true. I could propose many psychological based defenses for my beliefs but it would simply be deceitfull apologetics. I am so offended by the "Lying for my beliefs" that so many Christians do that I refuse to do the same.

I won't argue beliefs. I will discuss history, documents and translations there of all day long.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#491727 Nov 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind,? Me,..oh dear,.not what I heard....well ok ..
Seriuosly that was still beAutiful.to bring it to us,
Rose I want you to know that people here that have seen how you respond to these personal attacks know that you are not capable of the lies that that person is trying so hard to convince others of.Rest assured that the only person she is really trying to convince these lies to is herself.
truth

Perth, Australia

#491728 Nov 14, 2013
Why souls of many come back into life again on earth.

If church teach no coming in mind..How many left which remember previous life!
truth

Perth, Australia

#491729 Nov 14, 2013
how many corupt spirit live since foundation exist..
scripture describe it is as it is they exist..
if not corrupted spirit live then why you need pray to go out from him or her..

deceivers and possessors as very very dangerous corupt spirits..

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#491730 Nov 14, 2013
Why people need act as animals as well used power of them..

Is that crime decived and posess what its not belong to you..

Is that crime be great false and liar witness?

Why mothers need teach kids every day?

Why cats dogs chickens need talk constantly?

Why neurons working in mind even when you sleep?
truth

Perth, Australia

#491731 Nov 14, 2013
Why all jurnalist traveling in korea as koriti every day..is korea production are neuron productive cell.
How much pro-cent you have from mob?
2/3 or 1/3
9/6 and 6/9
96/69 and 69/96
if/fe and fi/ef

whats deference when you critic someone or tell nicly.

koriti=korea
see for koriti is zavaditi=turn against each other
see when you put number 96 and 69

see
north and sout korea are zavaditi=turn against each other

see
zavadi vadi vadi and zavadi is some map
as s and n korea with geometric line of jabpan

look river nil and avazadi vadi pa vadi=what you can vadi from zavadi in cifra=as number as africa
find map alzavadi africa as cifra as numbers..vadi vadi=oil gas elements as mining
maniti maniti=drpiti dr.pity
manning..maj.ning

see
map as some as you see geometric line river nil dot or spot on map are some as geometric line as jeabpan..
Hello hani are you coming froming from hanpijesak..
pjesak=crossing o willi wili kad doju vile kod ociju
see in pjesak=dust=which element exist gas oil silver gold iron this or that..
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeee

talk
h .an.ich panich stani pani..pala mana sa nebesa
ko je reko
neka blu-gume stjuardesa..
jeeeeeeeeeeee

is that law there zavadi onda vadi=o gee pi per square km

see who liked square as well why..

nikel fikel
someone who give nothing at all you not working but give you advise where you can go its free to be rich in nesvrstani=indipendent country poor and chiep..
see nix pix=then au.f.i.der.z.e.n
nema ovdje nekih fil.dzoa.n.ana
n.e.pi.jem.o caj..
c off e..pakuj kofere jem..a tako
koje boje=which color must be as must be od neke jasminke zute boje ili kose kako jasminka moze ili nemoze a ako se sminka onda od jem nema nista..a ako je color as red not yellow can be jacinte if nikel fikel say ni kinte nedam nikom sto ces onda per square give back as zavaDI I VADI AS KOREA..
NOW
Are you going be stickich are blu.e.gun.me?
or you need be seccjure..sec or juriti as run run
if jasminka are spomenka=if samthing i can or tell as cun can then must be someone from cananite..explain clear in everything how mother mary become from eritreja..if you become as coperative then can be as sheritreja..ser sher per sher= after s coming t as one tree 3= 1/3

Are you for sure I need go to school or go out from this life?
then i have to make clear fikel nikel..
niti fixiti niti kiliti=its mean i need eliminated something from my life..
i am not killer noooooooooo
if i am sila tell you sila sit on chair and talk
sila=power tell you fill independent and free even when you judge me.
then person is confident in mind
very easy set free
but
majka is majka=you can set free very easy
then its life as pijan ko majka as life for every mother
see drunkest life..its not mean you drink but its mean deference
Do you liked be jasminka or sminka..you have two things cover up=sminka as mask on face..or jasminka=qwho can..is that that your cop.er ative to dative or akuzative..akuzative as you looking from perspective from far away toward small ditals..yee its in art bird perspective eye
see why i say fikel nikel..
osjecam kako me ubijas i oduzimas moje pravo..

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#491732 Nov 14, 2013
A you liked be indipendent real as jasminka..
where in de .pendant..
oh dante allghiery
srce joj u plamenu gori..

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491733 Nov 14, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Rose I want you to know that people here that have seen how you respond to these personal attacks know that you are not capable of the lies that that person is trying so hard to convince others of.Rest assured that the only person she is really trying to convince these lies to is herself.
Thing is,,..even her friends,have told her ..I'm not that woman ..people she likes ..

..But I stood up for her ..who am I to condemn anyone for something they did decades ago ...to me if you don't show,God's,love for them..how,will they know He is,loving ..plus,this lady never said,a,bad word to me ..was nice 4 years ago and the last time she came on and was driven off .

Oh well ..I honestly have no idea,what's the,real problem .

But thanks ...And the only thing I know on her priest is,what SHE TOLD you ...And I'm not interested enough to find out more . Either ..
truth

Perth, Australia

#491734 Nov 14, 2013
oh jasminka ja.sminka
sto se ispod maske sminka
da da ta sto lijepo govori
a da ti srce moze da iscupa
to bi neko isto olako ucinio..

da vam se nesto nepricinja
nista nista
to ja samo o prici ko iz baj.keeeeeeeeee

seeeeeeeeeeeee

s.tor.y
kome apartmant na store
a koga zatvoriti
ma nemoj
pogresno pogresno
ja vam to kazem

pogresili steeeeeeeeeeeee
kad ste ruke na mene stavili..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491735 Nov 14, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Rose I want you to know that people here that have seen how you respond to these personal attacks know that you are not capable of the lies that that person is trying so hard to convince others of.Rest assured that the only person she is really trying to convince these lies to is herself.
You are very sweet ..I get very upset ..And glad you're my friend
truth

Perth, Australia

#491736 Nov 14, 2013
nemoj reci byich
siju ciju vijugama sija leter aligetoar

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

oderat cu ti kozu
who
as bulueblegunme

why you need gum tree
a yes its from new zelande
de molim lijepo niste savrseni zeleni ste ko zeulembajici
a tako vi ste posessori svih zelmbajca
joj to ono lisce od naseg tina da da to je taj sto skuplja vladu
zelen.bajich..
pa kupi brate ko i tebi brani
nemogu nemam para..
mores e mozes mozes moj shalome
e pozajmi
pozajmi mi seeeeeeeeeeee
kako si se pozajmila tako ce ti se i vratiti sram te bilo
jelto ti pre uzviseno nesto vices
jeste
vrat cevam see 2/3 vishe
sami izvadi taj ta.kat.kuj.in
nema po cem tu da se kuje niti buba..
e onda to fala neki polj.ubac
nije rijec o poljupcu
cije poljce tog i ovce i novce po squarnom metru..
a gdje to
ene tamo
vadi vadi pa zavadi..
jelto pobila se svrkva i zava nevjesti je razbijena g.lava..
avala dobro ste procjenili
avala ko avala pravo poljce
bez coperative
nema perspective
ko jele.n.ko
koje lice pop.ljuvano
koje lice u suzam mije
koja suza rijecju tajne krije
pored onog nosa a sakoje strane je mapa ili sa repa a sa koje strane

bog sve moze pronac sto je izgubljeno

al je vrijedno
Jesus je primao uvrede
i svake vrste pogrde i svake vrste udarce..

tako i to od nase jasminke i spomenke..
sjecate se vi tog
sjecate sjecate se i tekako se sjecate..
samo neko nesmi nista viditi
i nista cuti..
nista nista to jur.nail.isti putuju u koreju.

nemoj plakat kad ja umrem
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#491737 Nov 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text> I'll repeat the sentence:---"Jesus established a Church"!------ And, that's NOT according to me but according to the spoken, stated and expressed words of Jesus (HIMSELF) in Matthew 16:13-21..... You, June, can believe what you want, with all of the agnostic and atheistic "hogwash" that helps to keep you "entertained"...... I/we as Catholics, will CONTINUE to follow, worship, believe and adhere to the TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ, in and through HIS ONE TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church--------just as billions and billions of other Catholic have done for over 2000 years.
Yea I read all about it in Rev 17:5 how your jesus created the roman church.

Location hidden

#491738 Nov 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very sweet ..I get very upset ..And glad you're my friend
Glad your mine also. Dont get upset. That is the goal. Some people get a warped sense of satisfaction in hurting others.Keep your head held high and remember that it is you that is walking in the footsteps of truth.
truth

Perth, Australia

#491739 Nov 14, 2013
ma vidi ti te kuku.vije
kako to ona nami
sve $po.vedil
ma znas sto
ko vije i vije
mora i da i zenje
jeto neka iz vijetnama
jeste
to ona prevodic iz komjunite
e pa ko po minuti a ko po pameti
neko iima dzabe sve
a nekom se placha i po minuti
a tako
moj milutine to ti nemolish bogu
o moj bodje is cambodje

to su ti dvi te iste
sifrirane na mapi
a kako glasi

-da nekom dobro dodje vijest ko casa hladne vode na suho grlo
dodjeiz cambodje i vije ko zenje as vijetnam

vadi vadialzavadi
jelto zava pobjedjiva
jeste a zava moze da pobjedi i svekrvu i nevjestu
anu samo gledaj
nisti stani niti pani
nestoj niti sjedi
nego vishe pamti i gledi
ajde neka
jeto tvoja mala
jeste nego kako
ajde moja ti mashala
bash zdravo dijete
to ona nesto crta
crta od srca
e vala neko od od muke neko od suza
a neko onako od sale

a tako
moj shalome
to ti kasash za mnom ko konj u galopu
jeste bogme tako mi se cini
ko detectiva
a di nema cop.erative i dectetive nema moj fikel nikel ni persepktive..
samo nebi ja rada
iz perspective se gleda u pticijoj projectiji as art
see i to ko ptica svaka pt i c a samo indipendent skilji na jedno oko
pa kud puklo da puklo moja maro
jelto neki pandant nosish kako pwendantno slika lipo stoji
a je je je
ima to jos nesto
kome lipichi
a kome stikljivci i lipljivci tu ii lopovi

gdje su skiljavci e tu su i ljigavci
ti na skilj i pilj gadjaju direct
a jesu lji.gavci i lagavci
ma kojoj se to ko gospi sa gave vi molite..
samo koliko gospa ima..jelto ona sa pojasom
eto ti ga
opruzi na karti uz pojas..see
ludi nemare za rici moje
a pametan ce razumiti
e sta je je
sve je tu na karti moja djeco..
zapamti
koliko je narod zedan/per square
skvo ko svako skvo to bi ti rekli iz in di ja n ci..a pache i dopache koga nego kako
tamo olako samo po skvo ali ne ratom
sinko pamet u glavu
tako se majke ko sve gospe svaki dan ispovidaju
skvo i ko ali bez zenska nema ljubavi
samo oni
tko ljubiti znade
sve dobija dzabe
a kod svadalica i nagodbinaca ti je
nema dzabe ni u stare babe
e to je koriti koriti jopet trgovci neki
ma cuj e ko scepa scepa ali ne sa cepa ne to ti ono o s.cop.u a cop.e rative..
oh
perskvo per/square..
ko vije zito taj zenje u suzama=psalm 26
2/3 1/3
e kome bice suza a kome smijeha

Location hidden

#491740 Nov 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thing is,,..even her friends,have told her ..I'm not that woman ..people she likes ..
..But I stood up for her ..who am I to condemn anyone for something they did decades ago ...to me if you don't show,God's,love for them..how,will they know He is,loving ..plus,this lady never said,a,bad word to me ..was nice 4 years ago and the last time she came on and was driven off .
Oh well ..I honestly have no idea,what's the,real problem .
But thanks ...And the only thing I know on her priest is,what SHE TOLD you ...And I'm not interested enough to find out more . Either ..
Are you talking about the cussing priest?? That's her priest?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491741 Nov 14, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
One more thing every one HERE should know in case,you saw,the statement about posts,pulled by TOPUX for bible quoting ..

Obviously if a,post was,pulled some place ..it's,NOT for quoting the bible or any other philosophy ..as,that poster was,trying to say ..

Unless it's,some author with hate speech maybe ...it's,a,DEBATE forum .
People,quote things in debate ...And they won't stop that .

My understanding is,they only pull posts,that's are hateful and,Violate the Topic,rules ..that's,it ...

We would all be in trouble or leave if they censored pure opinion..I honestly think they could care less what each person believes ..it's,a,public forum....

Had to say that in case anyone is new and thinks,they cannot post from the bible :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Hidingfromyou 852,993
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min MUQ2 272,017
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 10 min MUQ2 620
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 13 min MUQ2 40,678
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 37 min truth 612,577
Why Do So Many Men Abuse Women? (Oct '10) 51 min masochistsuffer 2,256
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 54 min Halle Berry Sister 2,613
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 56 min truth 100,597
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 726
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Carpet Monkey 444,016