Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665064 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491968 Nov 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Could the Law of Moses take away anyone's sins?
Absolutely NOT!!!
Within the theology, according to Jews that are faithful to Judaism ... a fake messiah also can't take away sins.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#491969 Nov 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember Cathuc school.teAching from the,fifties,and sixties ..
It was,LIMBO .
HOWEVER I believe today YOUR CHURCH Does NOT teach PURGATORY for babies,....nor at any time in my lifetime have they ..
You're right, Rose, we don't teach that unbaptized babies go to Purgatory. What the Church teaches is that they are left to the mercy of God. We don't go any further than that one way or the other. I stated all this the other day.

The Catechism is very easy to access online. I'm not sure why more people don't utilize it as it since it explains very clearly what the Catholic Church teaches.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX....

http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc.htm

It's all laid out in two different locations - easy peasy!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#491970 Nov 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
One has to wonder if the SPIRIT did not prick his conscience about the Jews ...
I know,about the JEWS killed Jesus mentality even in the last century ...Vatican 2 and John Paul and Benedict addressed it ...specifically as NO longer a CHURCH attitude ..
It must have been rife in the dark and middle ages .....
I pray with age Luther was enlightened .in his soul .for his sake ...
If a person actually reads the scriptures ...especially GIDS promise to ABRAHAM ...blessings and curses ...I have to wonder how,one could ignore it..as regards the Treatment of the Jewish people ...yet it happened ..sadly ..
Which only goes to show that the original structure of the "Christ" theocracy was in itself corrupt, and contrary to it's "professed" "teachings" as derived from the GOD if Abraham (including his promise/covenant).
marge

Leesburg, GA

#491971 Nov 15, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, yes they do. Tell me why they don't. I don't think you know and you didn't retain what was taught by the way you post about the Church.You even know what Purgatory is and why we all go there first? Do you? Give everyone the definition of Purgatory. Some say Purgatory is the fire we go through after we die to be cleansed. You have to be perfectly sinless to go to Heaven. No one on earth is. Only the Blessed Virgin is pure. You need to pray for the por souls so they can be relieased from Purgatory. Protesatnts need to do this.
We're Christians, we believe Jesus gave His life on the cross to pay for our sins.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#491972 Nov 15, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, Rose, we don't teach that unbaptized babies go to Purgatory. What the Church teaches is that they are left to the mercy of God. We don't go any further than that one way or the other. I stated all this the other day.
The Catechism is very easy to access online. I'm not sure why more people don't utilize it as it since it explains very clearly what the Catholic Church teaches.
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX....
http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc.htm
It's all laid out in two different locations - easy peasy!
Well I think.You have to tell other Catholics,not me,REGINA,..look at the post above yours,..and the other one Catholic girl seem to say that your Church is,teaching babies,go to purgatory ..

I know they don't .TEACH THAT
.I thought I was being thoughtful ...I am not the one nerds,education on Catholicism ..saying babies,go to purgatory ..to.me is,not fair to your Church ..But it is,YOURS,.

My belief is,JESUS,said let the CHILDREN come to HIM..babies go o heaven with HIM..

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#491973 Nov 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No!!!------- Since it is the Catholic Church has, is and continues to be the "only" TRUE CHURCH that has proclaimed, taught and ministered the Fullness of the TRUTH and the Fullness of the FAITH for over 2000 years----both biblically and historically---- PROVEN to be TRUE!!!
You sound like a brained washed person trying to convince others that what your saying is true.lol

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491974 Nov 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which only goes to show that the original structure of the "Christ" theocracy was in itself corrupt, and contrary to it's "professed" "teachings" as derived from the GOD if Abraham (including his promise/covenant).
I'm not sure your meaning of theocracy

Christ .YESHUA ,fulfilled the prophecies,given to the,JEWS,thru Abraham and Moses..He is,the continuation and fulfillment of the,Jewish promise .

The promise,long before the,Jews,given in the Garden ..

Many of the,Jews,did not see,Him.as,Messiah as,they assumed He,would,do what HE WILL do when He,comes again......RULE ..

Location hidden

#491975 Nov 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I think.You have to tell other Catholics,not me,REGINA,..look at the post above yours,..and the other one Catholic girl seem to say that your Church is,teaching babies,go to purgatory ..
.I thought I was being thoughtful ...I am not the one nerds,education on Catholicism ..saying babies,go to purgatory ..to.me is,not fair to your Church ..But it is,YOURS,.
My belief is,JESUS,said let the CHILDREN come to HIM..babies go o heaven with HIM..
unless the church has changed its teaching since 1980,my Catholic neighbor told me my daughter was in purgatory.Oh and she was not just my neighbor she was a friend also.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#491976 Nov 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I began my response by saying you were right. No need to get testy. Now they know the correct teaching, right? Right!
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#491977 Nov 15, 2013
1261 As regards children who have died without Baptism, the Church can only entrust them to the mercy of God, as she does in her funeral rites for them. Indeed, the great mercy of God who desires that all men should be saved, and Jesus' tenderness toward children which caused him to say: "Let the children come to me, do not hinder them,"64 allow us to hope that there is a way of salvation for children who have died without Baptism. All the more urgent is the Church's call not to prevent little children coming to Christ through the gift of holy Baptism.
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491978 Nov 15, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We're Christians, we believe Jesus gave His life on the cross to pay for our sins.
Exactly ....That cup HE drank was,our SIN

vile ..evil ...And,His,blood was shed for us ...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#491979 Nov 15, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>unless the church has changed its teaching since 1980,my Catholic neighbor told me my daughter was in purgatory.Oh and she was not just my neighbor she was a friend also.
Honey the old teaching was that unbaptized babies go to limbo.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#491980 Nov 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 8:2
2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.
***through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit (Law of Christ)-life (SPIRITUAL)
***set you FREE from the law of sin and death (Law of Moses)-spiritual death...
All of this preached about "later".
When, where, and to whom was the old covenant renounced and a new covenant spoken by the Abrahamic GOD?

Location hidden

#491981 Nov 15, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Honey the old teaching was that unbaptized babies go to limbo.

Location hidden

#491982 Nov 15, 2013
<quoted text>Honey the old teaching was that unbaptized babies go to limbo.
Limbo I don't believe in it.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491983 Nov 15, 2013
REGINAM. wrote
That's why I began my response by saying you were right. No need to get testy. Now they know the correct teaching, right? Right!

I did not mean to be testy ..But this is,the second time I've said this,..And get told I'm wrong ..I'm glad you said I was right ..I will from now on try not to make even a good comment about your chur h ..But things,like that hAve real life consequences,
But it is,possible folks,like SERAS neighbor think this,purgatory as fact and hurt folks,with the comments ...they make not knowing what their,OWN Church
Teaches,..
That's,why I said,tell them to read, it's,a,dangerous,thing to say as it implies,GOD is,NOT merciful
..not their posts here ...unless,a,vulnerable person reads,them...
I think Catholic girl is,mistaken..
The other poster said it was,still LIMBO three days,ago..now it's,purgatory for babies,..so I discount ..But in real life these things,can mater REGINA,..not for me I'D never say anything close,..
BUT
Try to imagine ..your a,mom ..lost a,young one ..your,not Catholic ..someone,tells,you your child is,burning in purgatory ..That is very sad ...don't you think ..
See,I know I'd never say anything like that ..
I ceased to believe in limbo which was scary enough as,i WAS,taught in school .i ceased to believe it ...about 20 ears,ago
..But to think little,kids,burning in purgatory is,worse,...especially on top of losing your child...the worst pain a,mother could have
Again that's,Why I say THEY ..the Catholics need to read or ask their priests ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491984 Nov 15, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>unless the church has changed its teaching since 1980,my Catholic neighbor told me my daughter was in purgatory.Oh and she was not just my neighbor she was a friend also.
Yes I know ..th as,why I.think it's,important those two wrong posters,..read what Regina,linked ..or talk to a,priest ...in case they hurt real life people ...

I'm only a,person..But I can read .

Jesus,said,suffer the children o come to Me ..I take Him.at his,word ..:)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#491985 Nov 15, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Limbo I don't believe in it.
You meant you never did.No longer a Catholic teaching.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491986 Nov 15, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Limbo I don't believe in it.
And not purgatory for a young child either ...LET THE CHILDREN COME TO ME ...HE does,not lie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491987 Nov 15, 2013
<quoted text>You meant you never did.No longer a Catholic teaching.
:) that's,what I said ..Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Jedi Mind Master 977,156
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Rider on the Storm 87,809
The Future of Politics in America 7 min It aint necessari... 117
Need Gay under 16 Facetime numbers ;) (Feb '14) 19 min Dan sky 12
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 24 min Truthiness 405
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 34 min gundee123 1,206
Bruce Lee practising Wing Chun in San Francisco 41 min andrewsmith85 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 45 min Rider on the Storm 184,647
More from around the web