Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
474,401 - 474,420 of 537,123 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Rev 2:5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
Is Jehovah going to come and give you a whipping for not being a Jew???

Naughty deceiver of Judaism.

Within the warped theology ... by banking on the nonsense in the new testament, you strayed from the beaten path of Judaism, and now you want to preach at others for having strayed.

Your desperation is showing.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Most humans are far more moral, intelligent, forgiving, kind, loyal and loving that the deities of the Abrahamic religions.
THAT is a FACT !
European history teaches us something TOTALLY contrary to your post, couldn't U agree?! And by the way, most moral, intelligent, forgiving, kind, loyal, and loving people have an internal relationship with an eternal being they refer to as God.....most of 'em.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~~~~`
Joh 11:39 Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.
You have been SPIRITUALLY DEAD SO LONG THAT YOU ARE CONTAMINATING EVERY ONE YOU COME IN CONTACT WITH
Deceit-filled theology

Jehovah sees how you are using the new testament to try to lead even more of his followers away from pure Judaism.

Woe be unto you!!!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Zeus

In Hesiod's Theogony Zeus assigns the various gods their roles. In the Homeric Hymns he is referred to as the chieftain of the gods.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeus

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text> You play a game with posters you dissagree with, you get them upset by posting mean little posts and then go what, me? I don't do such things! then you report them and get them banned, you got me banned by using your pro abort friends. You stopped me from standing up for the unborn, and the pro aborts loved it. If you can't take things others say because they disagree with you and this goes for sera too, then you need not be on any type of forum and you need to see someone to help you sort out things. You are a sad little piece of work. Yes, I think you are Ladi, you have been giving little slips everywhere, little ways she posts shows up in your posts. You are not to religious at all, you don't know diddely about your families religion and you should have retained some knowledge by what the nuns taught you, you didn't. You have no life at all, no hobbies etc. You are on Topix 24-7 on different threads and such. This is pure ladi. You were on the abortion forum as much as ladi was when she *left*.
Knit ..topix does,NOT ban for posting bible verses ...or we would all be gone ..those people most likely have been reporting you for years ..I wasn't there ..

since I've been back ...You got this idea in your head and won't let go so harass me . It's,foolish

Topix pulls posts that are slanderous ..use bad language and are personally insulting ..violating their TOS ..
they do not care what your opinions are ..pro life ..Catholic or atheist ..that's what a forum is..debate ...of different ideas .

And insulting peoples,families . Husband children and grandchildren is,also frowned on ..just so you know,

I was,on years,ago...off for two years,and back for 9/months ..now .

For the hundredth time I'm not the other posTer you people harassed ..to leave for the most part ..I witnessed the last one..it made me sick

I probably have a couple of decades on the woman . But you guys really hurt her ..That I know and saw ...

I have not even been posting over there But a couple of times,in a,month ...yet I looked over THEre a few,times ....and weird thing you are not helping 3 other prolifers posting now ..you're busy here???? You have it all to yourself . Again you're Here ..if THEY 'reported you ..it has,nothing to do with me ...

Well I'm not leaving this forum knit from your harassing ..

I've left pretty much the other one as I cannot make a,pro life comment there without you jumping all over me WITH insults,...And I won't fight both sides ...

We are different ...ACCEPT it ...move on .

As for my belief in God ..I do not CARE what you think ....
I PRAY TO GOD ..not you ...

Please,move on ..

And changing your name does not make you anonymous ...But have fun with it ..really .

I've forgiven..apologized ..prayed for you ..ignored you .

You have a problem. With me..live with it ..if you slander me ...yet again...or insult me ..THAT'S,ON YOU ...

I have never done anything PERSONAL to you ..just commented when you made someone cry with your posts ...plus disagreed with you .

That's,what a,forum is,disagreement ..its NOT A,place for bullying nor insults,to a,personal nature ...which I am lady like enough NOT to repost

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>European history teaches us something TOTALLY contrary to your post, couldn't U agree?! And by the way, most moral, intelligent, forgiving, kind, loyal, and loving people have an internal relationship with an eternal being they refer to as God.....most of 'em.
And prisons are full of people that believe in one or another image of a god or gods, or goddesses.

I agree with you, humans are only concerned for the most part with the survival and ultimate comforts of the self. I ought to know, as above all, my comforts come first.

If that selfish attitude was not evident, humans wouldn't use religion to preach that others will spend eternity in hells, while they spend eternity in states of bliss.

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to most theologians Jesus was a Jew up to his death on the cross.
So the conversion to Christianity HAD to occur AFTER his death on the cross.
Crazy stuff in deed!
Actually it was Roman Catholicism which began after Jesus' death but he was a Jew throughout his ministry. The Romans took advantage of his image because to the people he died a hero. So they made his image unto God but Jesus himself did not establish a new religion as these brain-washed Catholics have been taught to believe. Christianity didn't began until people broke away from the Catholic church because pagan rituals were brought into the practice, in which the rebels were called Protestants.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
Not once on these threads have I even witnessed a Christian stating to another ... "Maybe you are right. Maybe I will go to hell and you will go to heaven."
Wouldn't THAT have been refreshing?
When it's all ONE WAY ... you can be assured that the blather is based on lies.
~~~
YOUR EPITAPH...

HERE LIES THE BODY OF JUNE VANDERMARK.

WHO'S SPENDING ETERNITY .. HERE IN THE DARK...

WHEN OFFERED THE LIGHT..SHE REFUSED..IT....

SO

SHE'S ALL DRESSED UP WITH NO PLACE TO GO.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

In cases of religion, I suggest that ignorance should not BE considered as bliss.

Zeus was perceived as the father of gods and men.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Zeus

2.He was raised by a goat named Amalthea,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeus#Birth

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
YOUR EPITAPH...
SO
Are you in VAIN trying to use your wayward religion to lay yet more curses on me???

:)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
YOUR EPITAPH...
SO
Haven't you used enough scriptures yet to put the fear into others that if they are not made over in YOUR image they will suffer eternal punishment???

When is enough, enough to you??? Will you never be satisfied?

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
A good example of an apologist's response.
"damn near everything has to be verified."
- except "God", right?
Gotcha - this says it all - thanks for responding.
Like I've stated elsewhere - belief is subjective.
Subjective as the interpretation is, it is still a perception one puts forth.
Unless you can support your verification with facts, which you seem to be unable to do, then all you have is a guess.
How 'bout some honesty with this discussion and not "damn near....."
I understand your position.
U like to pick and choose, I see. Really, "damn near" means what it means. I don't have to verify some things like whether night will come or that plants will grow. It always does so there's no proof needed. About God, I stated that this is my own belief...can't get any more honest than that, say mate?!? I don't see us verifying God until He shows His power to all, which it is written in countless manuscripts that this event is to come.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you in VAIN trying to use your wayward religion to lay yet more curses on me???
:)
~~~

I do not curse you...never have ...never will...all I am attempting to do is wake you up to the inevitable...

After all your charade is over...your braggadocio .

WHERE WILL YOU SPENT ETERNITY?

There are two things that you cannot escape..

taxes and death...

After death ..WHAT THEN...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>U like to pick and choose, I see. Really, "damn near" means what it means. I don't have to verify some things like whether night will come or that plants will grow. It always does so there's no proof needed. About God, I stated that this is my own belief...can't get any more honest than that, say mate?!? I don't see us verifying God until He shows His power to all, which it is written in countless manuscripts that this event is to come.
And furthermore (within the bounds of theology) no amount of convincing self that self will be saved, guarantees that that dogma will come to fruition.

We will all have to wait to find out whether some sort of awareness continues after the death of our bodies, or if the lights simply go out and that is the end.

I suggest that that is the closest we can come to a concept of truth.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
I don't know if after my body dies, that awareness even continues, and for all your bravado of preaching that you know truth ... neither do you!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

People often say that the "greatest minds" in history knew that a creator exists.

Greatest minds??? I suggest you wipe THAT image from your psyche.

I suggest that the most we can do with intellect is admit our limitations, and that means to simply say "I don't know!"

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

<quoted text>
If you really had trust in the concept that a creator of love existed, you wouldn't BE worried.

It's that teaching of hell that keeps jangling your nervous system, to in turn inspire you to grab the bible and keep sending out signals of warnings at others.

I have no fear of dying. I DO however have concern of how much I will have to suffer before I die. But I don't believe that suffering has anything in common with a supposed creator ... so my mind doesn't even GO there.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

I found the part about the snake shedding its skin, in conjunction with being reborn, and in turn how that concept worked its way into religious mythology, of interest.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

But as long as there has been man, there has been religion, superstition, and the supernatural. Neandertal man is believed to have had religion, as he was buried with care, in the fetal position facing a certain direction with tools and food, and often with a spouse or other people, as if to say that he would need them in the afterlife. Cave paintings suggest animism, and archaeologists found a snake idol last summer that dates back 70,000 years. The archaeologists believe man thought the snake was immortal, because when man found the shed skin of a snake intact, he probably thought the snake was reborn.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And prisons are full of people that believe in one or another image of a god or gods, or goddesses.
I agree with you, humans are only concerned for the most part with the survival and ultimate comforts of the self. I ought to know, as above all, my comforts come first.
If that selfish attitude was not evident, humans wouldn't use religion to preach that others will spend eternity in hells, while they spend eternity in states of bliss.
I would think that it's logical that we would be accountable for our overall actions and intent throughout our lives, the very same as we are accountable to man in our own system of laws. What about actions that aren't seen by others? What about the heart's intent which can't be proven by man just based on their word. But that's just me! Think about this hypothetical...your mom was brutally murdered and the perp was caught. Due to a technicality he was aquitted and walks free proud of his actions. Now I hope this scenario isn't offensive but it was intended for one to search their own feelings about accountabilty and the hopes that one day those that did wrong will have to answer before a higher power, which many manuscripts suggest. And another note, "self" is the same as that deep down personal relationship with this higher power...something that can be felt individually and can't be scientifically verified as science can't calculate emotional energies. I believe that for anyone to ask for proof would be ignorant (ignoring the facts).

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if after my body dies, that awareness even continues, and for all your bravado of preaching that you know truth ... neither do you!
I plan on being pretty much the same matter and energy I always was just "reassembled" in different ways. I don;t remember what I was before I was a small child. At the moment I am made up of various other living creatures that died and were eaten by me....I am mostly just a bag of water and carbon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Double Fine 730,255
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min AussieBobby 259,310
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min religionisillness 225,654
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 27 min Neelakaran 987
Dirty skype (Dec '12) 35 min bbw 71
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 51 min Al Capone 4,254
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 58 min bad bob 172,953
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 hr Tim Osman 117,803
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 11 hr andet1987 76

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••