Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699541 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#491624 Nov 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Not once on these threads have I even witnessed a Christian stating to another ... "Maybe you are right. Maybe I will go to hell and you will go to heaven."
Wouldn't THAT have been refreshing?
When it's all ONE WAY ... you can be assured that the blather is based on lies.
~~~
YOUR EPITAPH...

HERE LIES THE BODY OF JUNE VANDERMARK.

WHO'S SPENDING ETERNITY .. HERE IN THE DARK...

WHEN OFFERED THE LIGHT..SHE REFUSED..IT....

SO

SHE'S ALL DRESSED UP WITH NO PLACE TO GO.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491625 Nov 14, 2013
In cases of religion, I suggest that ignorance should not BE considered as bliss.

Zeus was perceived as the father of gods and men.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Zeus

2.He was raised by a goat named Amalthea,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeus#Birth
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491626 Nov 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOUR EPITAPH...
HERE LIES THE BODY OF JUNE VANDERMARK.
WHO'S SPENDING ETERNITY .. HERE IN THE DARK...
WHEN OFFERED THE LIGHT..SHE REFUSED..IT....
SO
SHE'S ALL DRESSED UP WITH NO PLACE TO GO.
Are you in VAIN trying to use your wayward religion to lay yet more curses on me???

:)
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491627 Nov 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOUR EPITAPH...
HERE LIES THE BODY OF JUNE VANDERMARK.
WHO'S SPENDING ETERNITY .. HERE IN THE DARK...
WHEN OFFERED THE LIGHT..SHE REFUSED..IT....
SO
SHE'S ALL DRESSED UP WITH NO PLACE TO GO.
Haven't you used enough scriptures yet to put the fear into others that if they are not made over in YOUR image they will suffer eternal punishment???

When is enough, enough to you??? Will you never be satisfied?

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#491628 Nov 14, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
A good example of an apologist's response.
"damn near everything has to be verified."
- except "God", right?
Gotcha - this says it all - thanks for responding.
Like I've stated elsewhere - belief is subjective.
Subjective as the interpretation is, it is still a perception one puts forth.
Unless you can support your verification with facts, which you seem to be unable to do, then all you have is a guess.
How 'bout some honesty with this discussion and not "damn near....."
I understand your position.
U like to pick and choose, I see. Really, "damn near" means what it means. I don't have to verify some things like whether night will come or that plants will grow. It always does so there's no proof needed. About God, I stated that this is my own belief...can't get any more honest than that, say mate?!? I don't see us verifying God until He shows His power to all, which it is written in countless manuscripts that this event is to come.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#491629 Nov 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you in VAIN trying to use your wayward religion to lay yet more curses on me???
:)
~~~

I do not curse you...never have ...never will...all I am attempting to do is wake you up to the inevitable...

After all your charade is over...your braggadocio .

WHERE WILL YOU SPENT ETERNITY?

There are two things that you cannot escape..

taxes and death...

After death ..WHAT THEN...
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491630 Nov 14, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>U like to pick and choose, I see. Really, "damn near" means what it means. I don't have to verify some things like whether night will come or that plants will grow. It always does so there's no proof needed. About God, I stated that this is my own belief...can't get any more honest than that, say mate?!? I don't see us verifying God until He shows His power to all, which it is written in countless manuscripts that this event is to come.
And furthermore (within the bounds of theology) no amount of convincing self that self will be saved, guarantees that that dogma will come to fruition.

We will all have to wait to find out whether some sort of awareness continues after the death of our bodies, or if the lights simply go out and that is the end.

I suggest that that is the closest we can come to a concept of truth.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491631 Nov 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
WHERE WILL YOU SPENT ETERNITY?
I don't know if after my body dies, that awareness even continues, and for all your bravado of preaching that you know truth ... neither do you!
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491633 Nov 14, 2013
People often say that the "greatest minds" in history knew that a creator exists.

Greatest minds??? I suggest you wipe THAT image from your psyche.

I suggest that the most we can do with intellect is admit our limitations, and that means to simply say "I don't know!"
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491635 Nov 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
WHERE WILL YOU SPENT ETERNITY?
If you really had trust in the concept that a creator of love existed, you wouldn't BE worried.

It's that teaching of hell that keeps jangling your nervous system, to in turn inspire you to grab the bible and keep sending out signals of warnings at others.

I have no fear of dying. I DO however have concern of how much I will have to suffer before I die. But I don't believe that suffering has anything in common with a supposed creator ... so my mind doesn't even GO there.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491636 Nov 14, 2013
I found the part about the snake shedding its skin, in conjunction with being reborn, and in turn how that concept worked its way into religious mythology, of interest.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

But as long as there has been man, there has been religion, superstition, and the supernatural. Neandertal man is believed to have had religion, as he was buried with care, in the fetal position facing a certain direction with tools and food, and often with a spouse or other people, as if to say that he would need them in the afterlife. Cave paintings suggest animism, and archaeologists found a snake idol last summer that dates back 70,000 years. The archaeologists believe man thought the snake was immortal, because when man found the shed skin of a snake intact, he probably thought the snake was reborn.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#491637 Nov 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And prisons are full of people that believe in one or another image of a god or gods, or goddesses.
I agree with you, humans are only concerned for the most part with the survival and ultimate comforts of the self. I ought to know, as above all, my comforts come first.
If that selfish attitude was not evident, humans wouldn't use religion to preach that others will spend eternity in hells, while they spend eternity in states of bliss.
I would think that it's logical that we would be accountable for our overall actions and intent throughout our lives, the very same as we are accountable to man in our own system of laws. What about actions that aren't seen by others? What about the heart's intent which can't be proven by man just based on their word. But that's just me! Think about this hypothetical...your mom was brutally murdered and the perp was caught. Due to a technicality he was aquitted and walks free proud of his actions. Now I hope this scenario isn't offensive but it was intended for one to search their own feelings about accountabilty and the hopes that one day those that did wrong will have to answer before a higher power, which many manuscripts suggest. And another note, "self" is the same as that deep down personal relationship with this higher power...something that can be felt individually and can't be scientifically verified as science can't calculate emotional energies. I believe that for anyone to ask for proof would be ignorant (ignoring the facts).

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491638 Nov 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if after my body dies, that awareness even continues, and for all your bravado of preaching that you know truth ... neither do you!
I plan on being pretty much the same matter and energy I always was just "reassembled" in different ways. I don;t remember what I was before I was a small child. At the moment I am made up of various other living creatures that died and were eaten by me....I am mostly just a bag of water and carbon.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#491639 Nov 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if after my body dies, that awareness even continues, and for all your bravado of preaching that you know truth ... neither do you!
~~~
Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

I am prepared are you?

If what I believe does not materialize...I have lost nothing...

If what I believe to be the truth materializes

You have lost everything...unrecoverable...
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491640 Nov 14, 2013
I've never had a hungry day in my life, so I can't speak for others ... but I suggest that mothers who can't even provide for the children they have that are already starving would do the right thing from their own opinions, and have abortions, so that more children won't have to suffer before death gives them relief "from" the suffering.

Every ten minutes in India a women dies from a botched abortion because she has no access to the clinics, even though abortion is legal in India.

I suggest those women risked and lost their lives, because they didn't want more children to have to suffer.

Yet, Mother Teresa thought abortion to be an EVIL offense against her "Christianized" god.

We are often sadly lacking the skills to use reason.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491641 Nov 14, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I plan on being pretty much the same matter and energy I always was just "reassembled" in different ways. I don;t remember what I was before I was a small child. At the moment I am made up of various other living creatures that died and were eaten by me....I am mostly just a bag of water and carbon.
Well stated! I relate to the poem by Joe Hill.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

My will is easy to decide
For there is nothing to divide
My kin don’t need to fuss and moan
Moss does not cling to a rolling stone.
My body?– Oh – if I could choose
I would to ashes it reduce
And let the merry breezes blow
My dust to where some flowers grow
Perhaps some fading flower then
Would come to life and bloom again
This is my Last and final Will

Good Luck to All of you Joe Hill
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491642 Nov 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
I am prepared are you?
If what I believe does not materialize...I have lost nothing...
If what I believe to be the truth materializes
You have lost everything...unrecoverable...
You are heavily indoctrinated to believe that you will be saved and others will spend eternity in hell.

And you are SO heavily indoctrinated, you can't see that your belief rests on nothing but your ego.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#491643 Nov 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And furthermore (within the bounds of theology) no amount of convincing self that self will be saved, guarantees that that dogma will come to fruition.
We will all have to wait to find out whether some sort of awareness continues after the death of our bodies, or if the lights simply go out and that is the end.
I suggest that that is the closest we can come to a concept of truth.
I've read and listened to some of the testimonies of people who've had "near death experiences" and the accounts are remarkably detailed and actually similar for people who live oceans away from each other and have never met. These accounts reveal a tunneling light (how cli`che) and an overwhelmingly loving presence. Now these are people who were either unconscious or temporarily comatose but their accounts were remembered by them as being real and extremely vivid experiences where they weren't frightened, except for a few accounts were they saw their eternity which horrified them. I'm not mentioning to show proof of an afterlife but to give insight to what has been experienced and recorded hundreds of thousands of times in our own lifetime as well as millions of times in the past.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#491644 Nov 14, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I plan on being pretty much the same matter and energy I always was just "reassembled" in different ways. I don;t remember what I was before I was a small child. At the moment I am made up of various other living creatures that died and were eaten by me....I am mostly just a bag of water and carbon.
We are all made of dirt..

It is the breath of God that gives us life ...makes us different...

Gen_2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

the Roman Catholics believe that the dirt/body will enter heaven...

and heaven is already contaminated with the dirt from the earth...

1Co_15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that

flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

OUR BODIES HAVE NO YET BEEN REDEEMED...

Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit,

-->even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

~~~~
Php 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

NOTE
Php 3:21 Who shall change our vile body,

that it may be fashioned

like unto his glorious body,

according to the working

whereby he is able even to subdue

all things unto himself.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#491645 Nov 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are heavily indoctrinated to believe that you will be saved and others will spend eternity in hell.
And you are SO heavily indoctrinated, you can't see that your belief rests on nothing but your ego.
~~~

MY BELIEF REST UPON MY FAITH IN GOD ..

that has been proven credible ...through that which I have witnessed..

of a period of at least 75 of my 79 years..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min RW lies 72,438
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min eternalrock 995,122
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 42 min Dang Jersey Piney 447,483
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 1 hr Big Al 143
"O.J. hit me while he (BLEEPED!) me! 5 hr Johnny 15
My mom is getting married again 6 hr Doctor REALITY 6
Friends are not supportive of my relationship 10 hr ranier77 1