Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,916
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#491237 Nov 12, 2013
marge

Ames, IA

#491239 Nov 12, 2013
"The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ."

Is that you in the pick oldjg:)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#491240 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I presume you have the books of Sirach, Maccabees 1&2, and Tobit in your Books? No, why?
Because they are not Scriptural....

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#491241 Nov 12, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>....God who knows our hearts and has counted every hair on our head SEES,and can penetrate our barriers to Him....
Well, when BibleGod penetrates your barrier, tell him to do it in the missionary position lest he suffer cervical vertigo and require the services of Cowboy's witch doctor.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#491242 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
After centuries of Catholics killing Jews, I should think you wouldn't make light of such an issue.
An acknowledgement of the bloodshed and torture is in order ... but I doubt that you CARE.
All that concerns you is the idea that all those Catholics that murdered the Jews and others are in heaven, reaping their rewards of martyrdom and sainthood.
Oh well ... it is what it is ... unfortunately.
==========

June, I am not Catholic

Columbus, OH

#491243 Nov 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. That's what causes those bald spots...they are telling.
Dang.

Location hidden

#491244 Nov 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
SOOO $$$$ FOR AN AMPLE AMOUNT.$$$$, A PRIEST CAN PRAY $$$ YOUR LOVED
ONE
OUT OF THE IMAGINARY PURGATORY ,$$$$
$$$ YOU CAN ALSO PURCHASE AN INDULGENCE.$$$ ALSO....
Does any here know where they can BUY AN OUTFIT FROM THE SAME COMPANY..
THAT MADE EMPERORS NEW CLOTHES?....
Heaven, Hell and Purgatory - EWTN.com
www.ewtn.com/library/papaldoc/jp2heavn.htm&am... ;
"Incorporeal things are not in place after a manner known and familiar to us,.... communion with God therefore "the term purgatory does not indicate a place, but ...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#491245 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly believe that Christians want to believe that Jews are saved ... without first becoming Christians???
:)
No. From what I am seeing here, most(not all) are nothing more than anarchists at their core...being little or no different than those they so viciously berate and condemn.
You did say "honestly" right? With that, I was left with no option except the least offending words I chose to communicate...and that is what you have just read.

United States

#491246 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
One thing for certain Ox: If the Lord Jesus left it up to people like you to determine His teachings, then Christianity is a joke.
-
-
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing to determine in: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
-
-
Liam? How can you NOT see that the MURDER and MAYHEM and TORTURE and HELL of the INQUISITION that the Catholic Church has spread around the world DOES NOT LOOK ANYTHING LIKE what Jesus taught?? If what the Catholic Church has wrought and taught is *True Christianity*... then call me an Atheist, because I don't believe - for a nanosecond - that the Catholic Church is Christian.

Columbus, OH

#491247 Nov 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the books in the KJV are, eh?

I keep telling them that.

But will dey listen?

Nooooooooooooo!

Stick wif me, Oxycontin.

We'll learn 'em.

Columbus, OH

#491248 Nov 12, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
June, I am not Catholic
There you go confusing her with facts again.

Columbus, OH

#491249 Nov 12, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Liam? How can you NOT see that the MURDER and MAYHEM and TORTURE and HELL of the INQUISITION that the Catholic Church has spread around the world DOES NOT LOOK ANYTHING LIKE what Jesus taught?? If what the Catholic Church has wrought and taught is *True Christianity*... then call me an Atheist, because I don't believe - for a nanosecond - that the Catholic Church is Christian.
But in their defense, they do have those tasty wafers.

Location hidden

#491250 Nov 12, 2013
Hogwash!!!!!!

Pope Benedict: Holy Roman 'Church of God'?- theTrumpet.com
www.thetrumpet.com/.../roman-catholicism/pope ......
by Ron Fraser - in 297 Google+ circles
Aug 26, 2013 - Chiesa reported of Benedict that “He wanted 'Church of God' to be ... Though the change is only really coming to light now to the eyes of the Catholic public,.... I am really serious about finding the true Church but it is not easy.

Pope: Jesus formed 'only one church'- World news - Europe - The ...
www.nbcnews.com/id/19692094&#8206 ;
Jul 10, 2007 - Pope: Other denominations not true churches. Benedict issues statement asserting that Jesus established 'only one church'... Italy — Pope Benedict XVI has reasserted the universal primacy of the Roman Catholic Church,...

Skeptical Christian: Pope Benedict: Catholic Church Only True ...
www.skepticalchristian.com/pope-benedict-cath ... ;
Pope Benedict: Catholic Church Only True Church? Pope Benedict has recently released a statement which is causing quite a stir in the Christian community.

Pope: Only One "True" Church - CBS News
www.cbsnews.com/2100-202_162-3037922.html& ;... ;
Feb 11, 2009 - Pope: Only One "True" Church. Pope Benedict XVI has reasserted the universal primacy of the Roman Catholic Church, approving a document ...

Location hidden

#491251 Nov 12, 2013
Clay wrote:

You act like God can't see that you are a lying snake. We already corrected you on this condom thing. We proved it was a misleading headline. Why are you still posting it?
Its really baffling how a supposed Christian would be such a deceiver. For personal amusement? Taunting and inciting Catholics?? Man, get a life Ox. I'm telling your case worker to up the dosage.
---------
Wassamatter Clay??? You can't post with egg all over your face???!!!

Show me a lie in:
Pope approves use of condoms after historic shift - Independent.ie
www.independent.ie/.../pope-approves-use-of-c ...- Cached - Similar
Nov 21, 2010 ... POPE Benedict will this week signal a historic shift in the position of the Roman
Catholic Church by saying condoms can be morally justified.

Show me a lie in:
There are no settings on a condom...its an effective means of birth control...its an effective means of protection against sexually transmitted diseases..

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#491252 Nov 12, 2013
independent common sense wrote:
My understanding was that since Jesus died on the cross and man could be forgiven for his sins, it was the New Testament that was to be taught and that the Old Testament no longer applied. So why do all the churches want to preach out of the Old Testament all the time?
When any of the NT believers quoted the scriptures they quoted the OT as did Christ Himself. The OT is NOT done away with my friend. In fact the OT speaks more about what's gonna happen in the millennium that does the NT. Satan would love nothing better than to get Christians to ignore the entire OT scriptures.

Location hidden

#491253 Nov 12, 2013
Where are you ant????

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Part of the gospel we are to believe is the washing away of sins through baptism.
--

And what sins does an infant have that are washed away????!!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#491254 Nov 12, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
I am Native American and happy that the Christians came to save my people.
Very proud, yes very proud. FYI the great Spirit is God.
Who ever told you that?
You have been misled.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#491255 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If your "works" have been invested in the attitude that you are worthy of heaven and others are worthy of hell ... I suggest that you might not want to take that baggage with you.
I certainly would want that extra load.
O ye of little understanding.

Location hidden

#491256 Nov 12, 2013
Where art thou Clay???

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Ox. Now see how long you can go without drinking it. lol
Water saves you in more ways than you think.
Water is important because God willed for Baptism to be done that way. Regardless if you think its meaningless, to God its not. The 20th century born againers probably should have left Baptism alone. The consequences for reversing the word of God can't be good.
----

Did I say it is meaningless????? Or did I say "There is no saving power in water....."

VII. Baptism and the Lord's Supper...per Scripture...

Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer's faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Saviour, the believer's death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus. It is a testimony to his faith in the final resurrection of the dead. Being a church ordinance, it is prerequisite to the privileges of church membership and to the Lord's Supper.

The Lord's Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming.

Matthew 3:13-17; 26:26-30; 28:19-20; Mark 1:9-11; 14:22-26; Luke 3:21-22; 22:19-20; John 3:23; Acts 2:41-42; 8:35-39; 16:30-33; 20:7; Romans 6:3-5; 1 Corinthians 10:16,21; 11:23-29; Colossians 2:12.

United States

#491257 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
I presume you have the books of Sirach, Maccabees 1&2, and Tobit in your Books? No, why?
-
-
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-

Absolutely, Oxbow. Sirach, Maccabees 1&2, and Tobit are NOT scriptural. We KNOW this because they were NOT part of the JEWISH Canon of scripture. The CATHOLICS added these books to the Bible just as they added MURDER and MAYHEM and TORTURE and HELL of the INQUISITION to their doctrine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min lil whispers 602,810
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min scaritual 753,704
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 16 min Aikifreak 37,350
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 38 min Toby 96,439
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 45 min Harrison Freebird 35
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 54 min Charlie Sheen 262,083
garcinia cambogia 1 hr garciniacambogia 1
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 3 hr girls united states 173
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Rider on the Storm 174,539

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE