Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703503 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Chicago, IL

#491409 Nov 13, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
For 1700 years the major focus of Christianity has been to murder and torture "those different from 'us'" in the name of God.
I don't find any proof of that. I do find proof that the 20th century atheist regimes were responsible for unimaginable deaths and destruction. In the name of what? They feared their people believing in God..
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491410 Nov 13, 2013
I suggest that it's easy to understand why the Christians were so angry at the Jews.

The teaching that the Jews had killed the Christian SAVIOR would be enough to drive many Christians to WANT to kill every Jew in sight.

However those Christians didn't think the dogma through, to in turn rationalize that the Jews faithful to Judaism would never have wanted to kill a Jew that preached Judaism as being the only truth on earth.

It would only be the traitors to Judaism that would follow the traitor Jesus to favor another NEW religion.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#491411 Nov 13, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>So you cant find proof of the immense numbers the Catholic's killed during the Inquisition the Crusades, Etc. but you have conclusive proof of one Orthodox murder commited in 1623.If I were the Vatican I would get a new CSI division. LOl
One does not find what one does not wish to look for or see.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491412 Nov 13, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed! That is why Christianity is a pack of lies.
If Jesus had been resurrected, he would have by now choked to death on all the words Christianity shoved in his mouth.
According to most theologians Jesus was a Jew up to his death on the cross.

So the conversion to Christianity HAD to occur AFTER his death on the cross.

Crazy stuff in deed!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491413 Nov 13, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
For 1700 years the major focus of Christianity has been to murder and torture "those different from 'us'" in the name of God.
And back before Judaism, and during Judaism, humans were being murdered in the name of religion.

Jews were not beyond killing each other to strive to rule kingdoms on earth. It was well-known that many comforts were allotted to those who were underhanded and totally aggressive.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

The Maccabees also spelled Machabees Machabi (Latin) or Machado from Latin (marculatum) that means "Hammer" (Greek/) were a Jewish rebel army that took control of Judea, which had been a client state of the Seleucid Empire. They founded the Hasmonean dynasty, which ruled from 164 BCE to 63 BCE, reasserting the Jewish religion, expanding the boundaries of the Land of Israel, by conquest, which included instances of forced conversion, reducing the influence of Hellenism and Hellenistic Judaism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maccabees

Since: Nov 13

Mumbai, India

#491414 Nov 13, 2013
hii, welcome to chronicle forum. you have asked a question but
i have not proper answer for this.
if you want to know about
[url=http://www.google.com]Jav a Tutorial[/url]
come to these site

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#491417 Nov 13, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>No, I've done enough research to know that damn near everything has to be verified. When it comes to God, this is my own belief that He/It exists. I just REFUSE to believe that everything came into existence all by itself without an intelligent entity to set the boundaries of physics in perfect order from the hugest galaxies to the tiniest cell in a plant. And also, should I trust man when he tells me that there is no power above his own intellect?
Agree totally and well put .he,set the natural laws,into motion .

What gets,me is that if a hurricane hits ..And I pray they don't ..
The atheists are quick to say how,awful God ..in whom.they don't believe made anything ..is,so mean because of the destruction.

Weather is cyclical ..the El NINA AND EL NINO..She much more to do with our climate than AL GORE fly in around in his,private jet ..screeching about global warming ..oh wait the term was now CLIMATE CHANGE
..which may be a result of Him.mission at least one of his lectures due to a,blizzard during a bad winter ..

And they say Faith in a CREATOR is stupid ..But give power to hypocrites.

Amazing
Michael

Canada

#491418 Nov 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Michael"
.....There is not a single contemporary historical mention of Jesus, not by Romans or by Jews, not by believers or by unbelievers, not during his entire lifetime. This does not disprove his existence, but it certainly casts great doubt on the historicity of a man who was supposedly widely known to have made a great impact on the world. Someone should have noticed.
----------
How many libraries or books would the Romans have saved when they burned Jerusalem in 70 A.D.?
How many libraries or books were burned by Islam jihadists in their rampages?
How many such writings were burned by those who hate Christianity?
It seems that even you would help to burn them if you could...
But the Bible STANDS...
KayMarie
Philo a jewish philosopher lived during the same era Jesus would have lived. Philo wrote exclusively about the jews and jewish life but not one word about a Jesus.a His writings never got burned.

... Philo wrote extensive apologetics on the Jewish religion and commentaries on contemporary politics. About thirty manuscripts and at least 850,000 words are extant. Philo offers commentary on all the major characters of the Pentateuch and, as we might expect, mentions Moses more than a thousand times..........but NOT ONE mention of a god/man named Jesus. Nothing.

....something is terribly wrong!!!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#491419 Nov 13, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Playing word games now? That's intellectually dishonest, Kay. You quoted me (out of context), and used it to claim that I said something which I didn't. That's also dishonest.
Why don't you just cite chapter and verse where Christ excepted anyone from His command and said they will go directly to heaven upon death as all of you have been claiming.
I think you mean exempted instead of excepted.

Regina, have you ever meet a child that didn't believe in Jesus when told about him? Here it says all that believe even in his name;

12But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, >even to those who believe in His name,< 13who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#491420 Nov 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Philo a jewish philosopher lived during the same era Jesus would have lived. Philo wrote exclusively about the jews and jewish life but not one word about a Jesus.a His writings never got burned.
... Philo wrote extensive apologetics on the Jewish religion and commentaries on contemporary politics. About thirty manuscripts and at least 850,000 words are extant. Philo offers commentary on all the major characters of the Pentateuch and, as we might expect, mentions Moses more than a thousand times..........but NOT ONE mention of a god/man named Jesus. Nothing.
And his nephew,married Berenice ..who became a,Christian ..
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491421 Nov 13, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina, have you ever meet a child that didn't believe in Jesus when told about him?
Little Muslim children believe the 12th Imam is coming back to save "them."

Isn't that enlightening to you at all ... or are you unable ... or simply too stubborn as to think about anything but your own personalized indoctrination???
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491422 Nov 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
They DEMAND that their Jesus-myth be TRUE, because without it, they can't in turn believe that a Jew wants to save them.

And by the way ... save them from WHAT ... Jehovah ... the one Abrahamic GOD who is supposed to love them ... if only they will love HIM???

Even a Jesus wouldn't have more power than the major GOD JEHOVAH.

No wonder the devout Christians are so frightened of the god!!! They KNOW that the ONLY Abrahamic god IS JEHOVAH ... and they also KNOW that they tried to steal all the positive affections from the one they believe is HIS Jewish son!

They better hope that religion is simply a myth, as if it isn't ... JEHOVAH will not be mocked.

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491423 Nov 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And his nephew,married Berenice ..who became a,Christian ..
Poor lost "soul."

Jehovah is very plain in his tastes for ONLY purified ... or maybe it's petrified Jews.

ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#491424 Nov 13, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you mean exempted instead of excepted.
Regina, have you ever meet a child that didn't believe in Jesus when told about him? Here it says all that believe even in his name;
12But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, >even to those who believe in His name,< 13who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
No, I meant excepted...although I'm still waiting for Kay to cite chapter and verse that states unbaptized children are *exempt* from Christ's command and will go directly to heaven upon their death.

I know she'll never reply just as surely as I know that she's been ordered not to. That's perfectly fine because God never said any such thing. He made no exceptions and they know it.

They may think they're being compassionate, but it's misdirected compassion and leads others astray, not to mention arrogant. Far better to state the truth, admit their mistake, and pray for God's mercy on the souls of their unbaptized children then to presume to speak for Him.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491425 Nov 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And back before Judaism, and during Judaism, humans were being murdered in the name of religion.
Jews were not beyond killing each other to strive to rule kingdoms on earth. It was well-known that many comforts were allotted to those who were underhanded and totally aggressive.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
The Maccabees also spelled Machabees Machabi (Latin) or Machado from Latin (marculatum) that means "Hammer" (Greek/) were a Jewish rebel army that took control of Judea, which had been a client state of the Seleucid Empire. They founded the Hasmonean dynasty, which ruled from 164 BCE to 63 BCE, reasserting the Jewish religion, expanding the boundaries of the Land of Israel, by conquest, which included instances of forced conversion, reducing the influence of Hellenism and Hellenistic Judaism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maccabees
Correct.
Religion has been used as an excuse to kill for thousands of years.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491426 Nov 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And they say Faith in a CREATOR is stupid ..But give power to hypocrites.
Amazing
Within the theology ... are YOU a hypocrite for not bowing before the ONLY Abrahamic creator ... JEHOVAH?

You won't use his name, but you want to steal the name of his supposed traitor son, who you are certain loves you, a Christian, while turning away from his beloved Jewish father.

You are not only deceptive in your goal ... but also you are very GREEDY!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491427 Nov 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
One does not find what one does not wish to look for or see.
What does one see, but one's own self-serving opinions?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491428 Nov 13, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Most humans are far more moral, intelligent, forgiving, kind, loyal and loving that the deities of the Abrahamic religions.
THAT is a FACT !
The imaginary deities always loved their human creators and vilified outsiders as evil-doers.

The Wiccan goddess, since Alex Sanders reformed her of her homophobia, is a sweetheart of a deity.

The trouble is, she won't explain why she created all non-human animals and humans to suffer. That mystery seems to stay with her in the moon.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#491429 Nov 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have any superstitions. I believe there's a logical explanation for all happenings.
yeah sure, that's what all superstitious folk say!

what are your logic/superstitious thoughts about how/why the cosmos run on a precise mathematical clock?

are you of the 'evolution/random sect'; aka the church of antichrist? in my opinion, that's the most ludacris and baseless of all the superstitous/religious beliefs:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491430 Nov 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The systems of "earth" are not "fixed". They are affected by many influences...terrestrial and extra terrestrial...even events occurring without our solar system have caused devastation and earth changing events. That is established conclusive fact...so please stop preaching "design" as it is an "untruth".
extraterrestrial

adjective

adjective: extraterrestrial;&#8195;ad jective: extra-terrestrial

of or from outside the earth or its atmosphere.
"searches for extraterrestrial intelligence"

noun

noun: extraterrestrial;&#8195;pl ural noun: extraterrestrials;&#8195;n oun: extra-terrestrial;&#8195;p lural noun: extra-terrestrials

a hypothetical or fictional being from outer space.

https://www.google.ca/#q=extraterrestrial+def...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 10 min BongoLuvsMedicare 87,104
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min another viewer 996,402
I'm sick of being single and having no one to l... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 3
The Good Man Donald Trump 1 hr Wow 1
Suggestions for a foreign dish that requires le... 1 hr markjohn32 1
Just going to Disneyland... 1 hr Tony 1
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 3 hr Surelu 2,546