Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 638092 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491332 Nov 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah is the Jewish god.
Are you a Jewish-Atheist?
If Jehovah is the only Abrahamic GOD, why are YOU not a Jew???

Within credible theology, a real Jewish messiah would want you to become a JEW ... not a gnostic Christian.

I am an Atheist ... period. But if you argue theology, then I have a need to argue back at what I see is nonsensical "within" the theology.

Prince George, Canada

#491333 Nov 13, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you sincerely search the truth yourself?
Seeking truth is to first admit to not KNOWING truth ... or for that matter ... not even knowing if absolute truth exists.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#491334 Nov 13, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
Let's look at how many people died because "God" didn't do anything to help prevent in recent events:

- 2004 Indonesian earthquake and tsunami
+ lives lost = 230K+- 280K

- Hurrican Katrina
+ lives lost = 4000+

- Hatia earthquake
+ lives lost = 150K+

- Hurricane Sandy
+ lives lost = 74 (US)

- SuperTyphoon Haiyan
+ currently at 2000+- expected to rise to over 10K

Very clear evidence that "God" either couldn't control these events or chose not to.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#491335 Nov 13, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you sincerely search the truth yourself? There are wonderful Catholic websites that'll explain the Churchs teaching on limbo and purgatory.
But I can tell the Church teaches that the fate of all unbaptized people- including infants - is up to the hands of God. So obviously we can conclude the baby is in Heaven.
The only thing we can conclude is that the unbaptized are left to God's mercy. No one can speak for Him, as many here are trying to do, unfortunately.

This is why it's so important to stop playing God and have your babies baptized instead of taking matters into your own hands and saying it's of no consequence. Later on people are sorry and then they attempt to play God further by saying what He will or will not do. He never said unbaptized children will go straight to heaven, never!

What He did say is that we *must* be baptized with water and the spirit or we will not see heaven, period.

Albuquerque, NM

#491336 Nov 13, 2013
StarC wrote:
Communion to Divorced-Remarried Catholics: The CDF Says No (8808)
NEWS ANALYSIS
by ANDREA GAGLIARDUCCI 10/25/2013 Comments (92)
Archbishop Gerhard Ludwig Müller, prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
– Catholic News Agency
That Pope Francis is not going to change the discipline that denies Communion to
divorced-remarried people is established by the long article Archbishop Gerhard
Ludwig Müller, prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, drafted for the Vatican daily newspaper L’Osservatore Romano.
In the article, published on Oct. 22, Archbishop Müller reiterates that a Christian marriage is indissoluble and that this is not simply a pastoral question, but a doctrinal issue that involves the Church’s theological understanding of the sacrament of marriage.
There are also other key passages. Archbishop Müller stated that the Orthodox practice of allowing second or third marriages under certain circumstances “cannot be reconciled with God’s will.” He rejected that the individual conscience can be the final arbiter on whether a divorced and civily remarried Catholic can receive Communion. And responding to the argument that Christian mercy mandates allowing such Catholics reception of Communion, he asserted that “an objectively false appeal to mercy also runs the risk of trivializing the image of God by implying that God cannot do other than forgive.”
Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/communio...
"a doctrinal issue that involves the Church’s theological understanding of the sacrament of marriage."

You are off-topic - this forum is about "salvation" and not a place you can promote church doctrine that was decided upon by men.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#491337 Nov 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How "telling" that you support a fake messiah ... when the faithful Jews claim to this day that Jesus never existed.
It seems that your self-perceived divine SELF is on the side of those that (within the theology) betrayed Jehovah by trying to claim that his son betrayed him to wander away from Judaism.
Your Gnosticism is showing you up for who you and your SELF really ARE!
Jews don't claim that Jesus didn't live. They only claim that he was not the Messiah or the begotten son of God. And also they have a problem with the Jesus of Catholicism and Christianity because those accounts to them aren't historically accurate.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491338 Nov 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's look at how many people died because "God" didn't do anything to help prevent in recent events:
- 2004 Indonesian earthquake and tsunami
+ lives lost = 230K+- 280K
- Hurrican Katrina
+ lives lost = 4000+
- Hatia earthquake
+ lives lost = 150K+
- Hurricane Sandy
+ lives lost = 74 (US)
- SuperTyphoon Haiyan
+ currently at 2000+- expected to rise to over 10K
Very clear evidence that "God" either couldn't control these events or chose not to.
If 'Bible God' exists then it is a homicidal socipath.

Albuquerque, NM

#491339 Nov 13, 2013
StarC wrote:
Communion to Divorced-Remarried Catholics: The CDF Says No (8808)
NEWS ANALYSIS
by ANDREA GAGLIARDUCCI 10/25/2013 Comments (92)
Archbishop Gerhard Ludwig Müller, prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
– Catholic News Agency
That Pope Francis is not going to change the discipline that denies Communion to
divorced-remarried people is established by the long article Archbishop Gerhard
Ludwig Müller, prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, drafted for the Vatican daily newspaper L’Osservatore Romano.
In the article, published on Oct. 22, Archbishop Müller reiterates that a Christian marriage is indissoluble and that this is not simply a pastoral question, but a doctrinal issue that involves the Church’s theological understanding of the sacrament of marriage.
There are also other key passages. Archbishop Müller stated that the Orthodox practice of allowing second or third marriages under certain circumstances “cannot be reconciled with God’s will.” He rejected that the individual conscience can be the final arbiter on whether a divorced and civily remarried Catholic can receive Communion. And responding to the argument that Christian mercy mandates allowing such Catholics reception of Communion, he asserted that “an objectively false appeal to mercy also runs the risk of trivializing the image of God by implying that God cannot do other than forgive.”
Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/communio...
"According to a study conducted in 2007 by Georgetown’s Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (CARA), approximately 23 percent of Catholic marriages end in divorce. "

"Some of those divorced individuals are in good standing with the Church. Others are not. And not everyone knows to which category they belong. Which has something to do with why many will eventually leave the Church as a result of divorce or remarriage. In fact, according to the General Society Survey, 17-20 percent of divorced and remarried Catholics eventually go elsewhere (or nowhere at all) to worship."

http://www.osv.com/tabid/7621/itemid/7889/The...

Another indication that an organization does not really care about it's followers, but would rather see their organization rid of good people.

Thank you RCC for setting a good example and showing people how inconsiderate you really are.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#491340 Nov 13, 2013
who="Tony17" <quoted text>When any of the NT believers quoted the scriptures they quoted the OT as did Christ Himself. The OT is NOT done away with my friend. In fact the OT speaks more about what's gonna happen in the millennium that does the NT. Satan would love nothing better than to get Christians to ignore the entire OT scriptures.
----------
There is a misunderstanding about this because Paul said that we are no longer under the law.
God's instruction for right living and worship were fulfilled by Jesus, not done away.
What was done away is THE law of which Paul was speaking: "The soul that sins, it shall die." Jesus did away the 'law of sin and death' when He conquered death AND LIVED', and He made the way whereby we may conquer death through faith in Him.
KayMarie
==========

KM,

Better covenant....

Hebrews 7:22

22 Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantor of a better covenant.

Better covenant and better promises.....

Hebrews 8:6

6 But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as <<<superior>> > to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is ~~~~~superior to the old one,~~~~~ since the new covenant is established on *****better promises.*****

----------
Not sure what you mean? Certainly the New Covenant is better (His Word written on our hearts), but the Word in my heart implores me to Love God, Love my fellowman, tell the truth, not commit adultery, commit no murder, follow teachings of cleanliness, covet no persons belongings, etc.
I do it BECAUSE that the New Covenant is written in my heart, not on a stone tablet.

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

#491341 Nov 13, 2013
I suggest that you keep in mind that all this discussion occurred after the supposed crucifixion, which left the door open to whether a crucifixion had even occurred or if a man named Jesus had even existed ... or if the stories in turn were all fictitious nonsense made up by ex-Jews aiming to start a new religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Christianity and antisemitism

Debates between the Early Christians, who at first saw themselves as a movement within Judaism and not as a separate religion, and other Jews initially revolved around the question whether Jesus was the Messiah, which later encompassed the issue of his divinity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and...

Albuquerque, NM

#491342 Nov 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Poshhhh...
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Since the man of God is "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!!
How can he be more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!
Okay - "all scripture". Gotcha.

Why don't you believe these Jesus' teachings?

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html

Prince George, Canada

#491343 Nov 13, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
If 'Bible God' exists then it is a homicidal socipath.
And had Jesus existed, he also would have been a homicidal sociopath ... working for the Catholics in Catholic confessionals, while the Catholics were busy torturing and murdering OTHER Jews.

Theology in all religions is based on utter nonsense.

Albuquerque, NM

#491344 Nov 13, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
“[H]e who has died is freed from sin”(Rom. 6:7)."
WHEW-WHEW!!

Thanks for pointing this out.

No religion is required - even "Paul" agrees.

Albuquerque, NM

#491345 Nov 13, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Pray for unity. Nothing is impossible with God.
<><
Wrong. I just provided many circumstances where "He" was not involved.

So you believe "God" has free will?

Prince George, Canada

#491346 Nov 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Certainly the New Covenant is better
The new covenant in conjunction with the lies of the new testament is better for anti-Semitic Christians ... but it was not better for the Jews that were and are faithful to Judaism.

Your fake messiah Jesus lives only in your brain.

You can love an image to your hypnotic fulfillment ... but I suggest that the image will not love you back.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#491347 Nov 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that the Jews didn't believe that John Chrysostom was a "Golden-mouthed" orator.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Saint John Chrysostom (347 – 407), Greek Ioannes Chrysostomos, early Christian theologian, archbishop of Constantinople, saint. "Chrysostom" means "Golden-mouthed", a tribute to his exemplary talent as an orator.
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Main_Page
Yes, St. John was called "golden mouthed"...chrysostom. He is a Doctor of the Catholic Church. We just celebrated his feast day a few months ago.

"St. John Chrysostom proclaimed the Gospel fearlessly despite the jealousy and hatred directed at him by the supposedly Christian Empress and Imperial Court of Constantinople around 400 AD. His faithfulness cost him dearly--he was sentenced to an exile so severe that it eventually cost him his life. This excerpt from a homily by St. John Chrysostom (Ante exsilium, nn. 1-3, PG 52, 427-430) is used in the Roman Office of Readings for the feast (liturgical Memorial) of St. John Chrysostom on September 13:"
http://www.crossroadsinitiative.com/library_a...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#491348 Nov 13, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
You WILL keep on preaching lies ... until you admit to your self what the people that preached those same lies committed against other innocent humans through history.
There has been more blood shed in what is referred to as the "HOLY LANDS," than any other lands on earth.
Religion is corrupt. It always was corrupt ... as the lies should never have claimed to have been based on any semblance of truth.
Neither you, nor I can know the future. I admit it ... but you are too PROUD of your personalized religion to admit that you are not qualified to be a "seer" ... a "sorcerer" ... a psychic ... or a knower of TRUTH.

----------
THAT is exactly why the Bible is our guide. It teaches us to love our fellowman...even our enemies. It condemns lying, stealing, adultery, and all other things that injure another person.(And you call that corruption and lies, and present yourself as a 'good' person.)

KayMarie

Albuquerque, NM

#491349 Nov 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is,the,work of the,Lord,.
The,sooner we ALL get past the,our Church is,better ..does it better ..etc...And realize GOD knew and allowed for any ERRORS ...And made sure one way or another ..through the ages,...we learned about CHRIST ..HIS,LOVE .....HIS SACRIFICE ..to have FAITH in HIM.
WE might be able to work together. The COMMISION is,to spread the FAITH IN JESUS ...HIS,LOVE ..HIS SACRIFICE...to the ends of the earth until the day of HIS Return..
Neither the announcing of a POPE ..your schism ..the Reformation ..the Evangelical movement ...none of it took Him by surprise ...
And who.AM I ..to say the Love of God is,not in anyone else...
Christ was not a great fan of RELIGION for its own sake ...as the priests seemed to love the TEMPle more than the Father ...
Ah yes, the mighty power of Self.....

"sooner we ALL get past the..."

"And realize..."

"we learned..."

"WE might be able to work together..."

"And who.AM I...."

Why do you promote the actions of Self, but will refute Jesus when he teaches about it?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#491350 Nov 13, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing we can conclude is that the unbaptized are left to God's mercy. No one can speak for Him, as many here are trying to do, unfortunately.
This is why it's so important to stop playing God and have your babies baptized instead of taking matters into your own hands and saying it's of no consequence. Later on people are sorry and then they attempt to play God further by saying what He will or will not do. He never said unbaptized children will go straight to heaven, never!
What He did say is that we *must* be baptized with water and the spirit or we will not see heaven, period.
They are born of water and the Spirit, not baptized.

Morning Regina:)

Albuquerque, NM

#491351 Nov 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
"I" ..."I" ... "I" ... on and on ... it's always about the "I" ...
I suggest that all religion is a one-sided human AFFAIR.
"I LOVE Krishna" ... "I LOVE Buddha" ... "I LOVE the goddess" ... "I LOVE Allah" ... "I LOVE Jehovah" ...
It's comparable to ... "I LOVE an orgasm" ... but the orgasm doesn't love me!"
Self.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min It aint necessari... 30,127
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 46 min Barnsweb 18,499
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr truth 181,966
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr truth 43,925
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr MUQ2 280,526
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 4 hr truth 269
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr macumazahn 968,910
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr scientia potentia... 617,982
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 7 hr An NFL Fan 38,053
More from around the web