Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603771 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491017 Nov 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>

I am a "big" fan of John Chrysostom.
You would be his fan! He spun Judaism off into a new religion foreign TO Judaism, called Catholicism, and away from the image of Jehovah as being god.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

L. Michael White: Professor of Classics and Director of the Religious Studies Program University of Texas at Austin

At what point did Christians start thinking of themselves as separate from Judaism?

The preacher of Antioch and later of Constantinople, John Chrysostom, complains in a series of eight sermons to his congregation, that "you must stop going to the Synagogue, you must not think that the Synagogue is a holier place than our churches are." This clearly indicates that the break between Judaism and Christianity, even as late as the 4th century ... still is not absolute, is not permanent.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows ...

Prince George, Canada

#491018 Nov 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I am more critically-minded
You are a heavily indoctrinated Catholic.

Prince George, Canada

#491019 Nov 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a "big" fan of John Chrysostom.
"Hell is paved with priests' skulls." -- St. John Chrysostom

Prince George, Canada

#491020 Nov 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, baptism plays a part in our salvation....
When do you plan to be reborn as a Jew???

Only then will the ONE god JEHOVAH idolize you as you now idolize your self.

Silly people!
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#491021 Nov 12, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
In my last post I indicated that science lacks certainty due to at least 2 unprovable assumptions at its foundation:
1. That the objective world exists 2. That the objective world has consistency and regularity (predictability).
This post will focus on science's primary tool- the scientific method.
The scientific method is useful for gathering observable practical information re the world we live in. We derive benefits from it. It is a practical tool when used for the purpose it is designed for.
The scientific method is predicated on naturalism and/or materialism . It focuses on the material world- on observable phenomena. It relies on testing and repeatability.
Naturalism is holds that the natural realm is all there is. There is no supernatural realm or realities.. Only material things exist. There are no immaterial things. The totality of human experience can be understood through natural laws, science, and human reason.
The scientific method had circumscribed its area of study. Matter, the material world, the physical world, observable phenomenon.
However science often crosses this boundary.
It declares that if it cant be proven in a lab, under the scientific method, it doesnt exist.
It assumes that it encompasses the whole of reality,
It boldly comments on a transcendent, immaterial God who exists outside of the universe.
Science proposes that the scientific method is whole, complete, and sufficient.
It assumed the only reality is the material world. There is no immaterial, transcendent world.
It assumes that if it is not material it does not exist because it does fit within the scientific method's parameters. God cannot be observed, studied, or measured by the scientific method. Therefore, for science God does not exist.
Einstein compared a man trying to understand reality to a man trying to understand the mechanism of a closed watch. He sees numbers, moving arms, etc But he does not have the tool to open it. The scientific method cannot open it. He will never be able to compare his picture with the actual mechanism.
Hermi

Peace

I think one of the brain's strengths and weakness is its bias for order. So it is easier to accept a sort of uniformity and order in the things we observe, rather than in the "unobservability" of things....

This may be even a more basic flawed assumption of human beings.

I think it is the reason that all scientific theories just keep "changing".(And also the money that goes into "research".)

Peace

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#491022 Nov 12, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Education hs never proven that it can change a person's inner most beng.The many demons that haunt human kind,that is: their addictions,fetishes and things they do that disrupt their lives and others as well,(we call sins) are never challenged by education ,but only by a conviction in a person's heart that they need help with their infractions and ills of human behavior.
Religion cannot help a person to change his or her attitude,but it can make them aware they have a problem.But God who knows our hearts and has counted every hair on our head SEES,and can penetrate our barriers to Him.He wants to change us from within,because He is Perfect,and wants to give us a big chance to know what life can be like in His perfection,rather than our dysfunction!
========
Very well said.

Prince George, Canada

#491023 Nov 12, 2013
Human Being or Robert F. prefers to picture the priests up in Christian heaven being glorified by the Jew Jesus.

To believe, as did John Chrysostom ... that priests go to hell is not an image that those who have their eyes focused on heaven ... CHOOSE to entertain.

Keep it POSITIVE Robert F!!! Don't think of hell as being associated with Catholicism. Otherwise your religion won't work in your hypnotized "favor."

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491024 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Wacky theology
The beautiful sunset is the work of Jehovah.
The suffering of all form of life is also the work of Jehovah.
Yesterday I watched the program "Animal Cops." A pack of dogs broke through a fence and chewed several goats to death. The men rescued four baby goats but the ears were chewed off of each baby goat.
Praise ye OH wonderful father of all suffering.
Bible God is a sociopath.

Spinoza's God make's much more sense.

Prince George, Canada

#491025 Nov 12, 2013
I suggest that it's not by chance that the pope hopes the confessional with Jesus as his slave will clean up all the horrendous deeds committed by the Catholic hierarchies.

But, to believe that the son of a Jewish god, that in turn watched countless Jews being tortured and murdered by Catholics, would be working in Catholic confessionals ... is beyond a FAR stretch of imagination.

That type of thinking borders on theological insanity!!!

Prince George, Canada

#491026 Nov 12, 2013
More than a few people were driven completely insane by preachers that instilled fear of hellfire and damnation in them as being based on truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.

“A Missionary, by his fiery declamations and the image of the torments of the next world, so terrorized a credulous grape farmer that the latter believed himself frankly headed for eternal flames, and he thought of nothing else but saving his family and helping them to enjoy the palms of martyrdom.” 30 The treatment that Pinel suggested was to isolate the patient and keep him from all contact with religious objects.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#491027 Nov 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>there are pages upon pages of your trivial untruthful responses and attacks on people.
there is no part of Christianity that belongs to either of you two. both of you two enjoy playing the part of the devils advocate and it is easy, for both of you two ,since both of you belong to the devil.
Show me one page of lies I have posted....

Location hidden

#491028 Nov 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Hermi
Peace
Thank you for your post....
I do like your breakdown of the "schism".
I accept there will be historical differences, and the ebb and flow of varying degrees of beliefs. It seems these become more like familial relationships, which come together over cultures....
I am a "big" fan of John Chrysostom. Personally, I would like to keep things simple. The fragmentation of belief systems, in the earlier days of Christianity, probably was not considered as strongly, as in our days. I think this may be due to various powers in the world seeking to usurp God's Authority over and in all things.
I think its easier to take a more relaxed approach to differences, and take them as opportunities to a deeper spiritual life.
Peace
Thanks for your kind remarks.I am beginning more and more to think about how man's detailed break down of things re God into Creeds, etc.cause most of the dissention among Christians.We must admit that we do not know how God works what e works. Better we focus on loving God and each other.So I agree with you.Yet I find myself coming to the defense of the own Church I attend. I'll get where I need to be, though.Christ will see to it. Peace

Location hidden

#491029 Nov 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Join a fight club?
Badda Boom.... Badda Bing!!!!! LOL

Location hidden

#491030 Nov 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
here is ONE lie that old jg just told. he knows that GIF doesnt believe that water baptism saves but like always a lie from him to stir up stife is the work of the devil, and you two have it down pat.
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
What? NO BAPTISM TO BE SAVED? I thought you were one of those....baptism is a requirement for salvation. Well????
GIF has always spoke out against Hank and his churchs belief that water saves and gives them the Experience of Holy Ghost Baptism, especially since he knows out you receive the Holy Ghost.
you two are just attacking him and/or his wife over a doctrine that you support and he doesn't.
The truth...per Scripture:

VII. Baptism and the Lord's Supper

Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer's faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Saviour, the believer's death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus. It is a testimony to his faith in the final resurrection of the dead. Being a church ordinance, it is prerequisite to the privileges of church membership and to the Lord's Supper.

The Lord's Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming.

Matthew 3:13-17; 26:26-30; 28:19-20; Mark 1:9-11; 14:22-26; Luke 3:21-22; 22:19-20; John 3:23; Acts 2:41-42; 8:35-39; 16:30-33; 20:7; Romans 6:3-5; 1 Corinthians 10:16,21; 11:23-29; Colossians 2:12.

VIII. The Lord's Day

The first day of the week is the Lord's Day. It is a Christian institution for regular observance. It commemorates the resurrection of Christ from the dead and should include exercises of worship and spiritual devotion, both public and private. Activities on the Lord's Day should be commensurate with the Christian's conscience under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

Exodus 20:8-11; Matthew 12:1-12; 28:1ff.; Mark 2:27-28; 16:1-7; Luke 24:1-3,33-36; John 4:21-24; 20:1,19-28; Acts 20:7; Romans 14:5-10; I Corinthians 16:1-2; Colossians 2:16; 3:16; Revelation 1:10.

There is no saving power in water....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#491031 Nov 12, 2013
who="Truth" 1 Peter 3:18-22
18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but <<<made alive in the Spirit.>>>
19 After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits—
20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all,~~~~~were saved through water,~~~~~
21 and this water symbolizes baptism that ***NOW*** saves you also—NOT the removal of dirt from the body but <<<the pledge of a clear conscience toward God.>>> ~~~It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,~~~
22 who has gone into heaven and is at God’s right hand—with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.
Baptized INTO the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.....

----------
Note: "...NOT (a bath)the removal of dirt from the body, BUT <<<the pledge of a clear conscience toward God>>>>>: A public acknowledgment of taking a stand for Him. "If we believe WITH OUR HEART, and confess WITH OUR MOUTH (public testimony), we SHALL be saved."
"Baptized into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ."
We have not been 'put to the test' in America, but even today, baptism in other countries risks actual death, burial, and assurance of resurrection.

It is an act of total resignation to suffering with Him...an act which one will NOT submit too, if they do not have a changed heart.
In other words, it is proof of the change that He has made in their hearts.

We've had it so easy that we cannot understand the 'cost'(cross) of serving Him

KayMarie

Location hidden

#491032 Nov 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>show me that GIF believes in water Baptism saving a person.lol
You can't show me where I posted a lie...so you duck....
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

#491033 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jehovah comes to collect ONLY the faithful Jews.
That means that Jesus will be rejected, as he became a traitor and decided to work in Catholic confessionals.
Mother Mary is also to be rejected, as she abandoned Judaism for Catholicism.
John the Catholic Baptist will also be out on a limb.
And the Apostles that followed Jesus are also done for.
How sad for all those who are certain to be left to their own demises, simply because they became traitors to pure and unadulterated Judaism.
You know, I don't believe Mary was catholic. You miss the whole point. The Roman Catholic Church is the only church that can trace it's roots back to the aposils. No other religion can do that as they are all spin offs of RC.

Location hidden

#491034 Nov 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you just lied right there by saying I have nothing.
YOU JUST PLAYED THE [DEVILS ADVOCATE] IN THIS POST
That is not a lie.....you have nothing to support your prattle....
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

#491035 Nov 12, 2013
Roman Catholic Church ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491036 Nov 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me one page of lies I have posted....
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/

or

http://www.usccb.org/bible/books-of-the-bible...

Slightly different packs of lies.

Or... go ahead and write your own, seems to be the Christian thing to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 3 min Into The Night 4,157
9/11&bin 4 min REV CAROL 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min It aint necessari... 881,588
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 52 min who 177,903
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr dollarsbill 8,414
Does enyone know what is the best way to buy an... (Jul '09) 1 hr VALWriting 2
Research paper writing services - their Pros an... 1 hr VALWriting 1
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 hr sangili karuppan 7,700
More from around the web