Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658723 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#491170 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
While we are busy cursing each other as god offenders ... let's pray for unity!
Hahahahaha
Cursing? Not me, you maybe.

Yes, unity that's the only way to fight evil.(Like u). LOL

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#491171 Nov 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why don't you instead of giving divorces? You'd rather they live in adulterous unions?
Posted this Sunday ..this,morning and,now,
To the Catholics here,..I realize that what I believe does,not matter
Except to me and my Lord
. In reflection..I think your,CHURCH today...would,NOT be the,bastion of faith it is,to you ..if NOT for the,Reformation ...And,the,wide,distribution of God's,word ever since . In other words,I think it was a,good thing for All of us,.BUT I KNOW YOU ALL DON'T SEE IT .
I apologize,...as,sometime I am wrong in trying to make,a,point I want you to see,. Maybe it's because,as,a,child I believed in blind faith in the wonderful nuns,who helped raise me .. And yet learning many things,about the,Church itself ..IN THE PAST ..was,disillusionment.for me . And then discovering the changes,since I was a child on such things,as evolution...shook.me badly ..
HOWEVER ....in the long run..WHAT I FEEL is NOT important ..except between God,and myself .. So I apologize for any anger and,dissonance on my part .
I believe ..GOD WILL sort out our differences,in worship . He knows each heart and,soul here ..
Nicks,post about FALLING IN LOVE WITH OUR LORD ..was,spot on the subject of Christianiy
Those who.met Jesus,in person ...And who meet Him.in their hearts today ..FALL IN LOVE eith the Son of God ..our Lord Jesus, GOD BLESS US,ALL IN CHRIST

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#491172 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
John Chrysostom might be a Catholic hero to you, but he was a bully against all others who were NOT Catholic.
Hitler was a great orator to those he impressed ... but he didn't impress me and neither do the sermons of John Chrysostom.
I thought honesty was your bag. You really have read John Chrysostom?
If you did there would be no way for you to have the basic foundation to understand him. You didnt even know he he was wwhen you pulled that quote from your book of Grimm's Fairy Tales.Sorry,dont believe you.So Chrysostom does no impress you, but Professor Goofy with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse remarks about theology does.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#491173 Nov 12, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics are not compelled to pay for anything,
..when u pass the basket for donation when u pray for people. Duh!
"There can be no absolute certainty in this life about one’s salvation (“[W]ork out your salvation in fear and trembling”[Phil 2:12]). The Church affirms our free will and the necessity of our response (ever by grace) to God’s outreach.
Speaking of knowing the power of Christ’s resurrection, St. Paul wrote,“Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect; but I press on to make it my own”(Phil 3:12). He used the figure of a footrace to tell us in this life we all face the possibility of being lost forever. As for winning “the prize,”“I pommel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified”(1 Cor. 9:27).
Only as we enter purgatory can we have absolute certainty of entering heaven.“All who die in God’s grace and friendship but still imperfectly purified, are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven” Undergoing purgatory marks the ultimate and final surrender of the soul to God.
“[H]e who has died is freed from sin”(Rom. 6:7)."
Nothing unclean shall enter (Rev.21:27)
You said, quote, "Catholics are not compelled to pay for anything,
..when u pass the basket for donation when u pray for people. Duh!" End quote. Really? How much does it cost for an annulment? In my town for the ROMAN CATHOLICS the cost is between $800 and $2,000. So let me see. Is that a cost or is it imagination? You tell me.

You said, quote, ""There can be no absolute certainty in this life about one’s salvation (“[W]ork out your salvation in fear and trembling”[Phil 2:12])." End quote.

The verse you HALF-posted let's try again. Philippians 2:12-13, "Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure."

You said, quote, "“All who die in God’s grace and friendship but still imperfectly purified, are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven” " End quote.

One of the most ignorant statements ever written or spoken.

Romans 6:6-7, 6 "We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. 7 For one who has died has been set free from sin."

FOR ONE WHO HAS DIED HAS BEEN SET FREE OF SIN.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491174 Nov 12, 2013
Except for deceitful religious practices, there is no reason that all Abrahamic believers in the one god don't go directly TO Jehovah.

Christians believe that Jesus saves them, yet (within the theology) it is the Abrahamic father that has all the power in HIS control.

Come on Christians ... I suggest you stop going in circles and pray STAIGHT to the father GOD JEHOVAH ... creator of the universe!!!

No more fiddling around!

:)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#491175 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't jump from 'Jesus' sacrifice on the cross' to "I'm saved no matter what now".
God didn't remove your free will. You need to endure til the end. So if you are an OSAS subscriber, you can add that to the long list of strange doctrines that was introduced by man.
I don't know that Baptism was the first sacrament that you guys unraveld. I think (but not sure) that most of protestantland didn't change this one. I think the newest opinion on baptism began with the tent revivals in the 50's and really took off with the casualties of the 60's and 70's. I know Lutherans and Methodist and Anglicans preach Baptism with water- infant baptism too.
Leave it to the hippies to really mess things up!
I never knew that the Grahams' and tent revival meetings and "evangelists" were "hippies".
I expect that Jesus (by that analogy) must have also been one huh?
I will remember to place more validation in what they say than what your popes do from now on.
Thanks for the revelation.

Prince George, Canada

#491176 Nov 12, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Cursing? Not me, you maybe.
Yes, unity that's the only way to fight evil.(Like u). LOL
By believing others are going to hell, you are continually "cursing them" in you mind.

It's not nice to perceive others in such a nasty way, while shining the spotlight on your own "staged" performances.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#491177 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Ox. Now see how long you can go without drinking it. lol
Water saves you in more ways than you think.
Water is important because God willed for Baptism to be done that way. Regardless if you think its meaningless, to God its not. The 20th century born againers probably should have left Baptism alone. The consequences for reversing the word of God can't be good.
Did I say it is meaningless????? Or did I say "There is no saving power in water....."

VII. Baptism and the Lord's Supper...per Scripture...

Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer's faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Saviour, the believer's death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus. It is a testimony to his faith in the final resurrection of the dead. Being a church ordinance, it is prerequisite to the privileges of church membership and to the Lord's Supper.

The Lord's Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming.

Matthew 3:13-17; 26:26-30; 28:19-20; Mark 1:9-11; 14:22-26; Luke 3:21-22; 22:19-20; John 3:23; Acts 2:41-42; 8:35-39; 16:30-33; 20:7; Romans 6:3-5; 1 Corinthians 10:16,21; 11:23-29; Colossians 2:12.

Prince George, Canada

#491178 Nov 12, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I thought honesty was your bag.
John Chrysostom was the Christian archbishop of Constantinople during the late 4th century. Here he encourages his flock to “hate the Jews”:

The Jews sacrifice their children to Satan… They are worse than wild beasts. The synagogue is a brothel, a den of scoundrels, the temple of demons devoted to idolatrous cults, a criminal assembly of Jews, a place of meeting for the assassins of Christ, a house of ill fame, a dwelling of iniquity, a gulf and abyss of perdition… The synagogue is a curse. Obstinate in her error, she refuses to see or hear; she has deliberately perverted her judgment; she has extinguished within herself the light of the Holy Spirit…

[The Jews] have fallen into a condition lower than the vilest animals. Debauchery and drunkenness have brought them to the level of the lusty goat and the pig. They know only one thing: to satisfy their stomachs, to get drunk, to kill and beat each other up like stage villains and coachmen… I hate the Jews, because they violate the Law. I hate the Synagogue because it hates the Law and the Prophets. It is the duty of all Christians to hate the Jews.

- See more at: http://alphahistory.com/holocaust/chrysostom -...
truth

Hahndorf, Australia

#491179 Nov 12, 2013
say again please

see words laban

oh see lab.oratory
what they doing
transform with laboratory as seed
who
your scribe people with diploma with law trouble makers on paper as documents they will declare
lawful..as you giving glass of alcohol to alcoholic person..how you call that..to be naive..

see good seeds and very bad seeds
see lab=laboratory see word womb..see modern language..

-not to be naive..not to be deceived..not to believe what others declare for money

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#491180 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
John Chrysostom was the Christian archbishop of Constantinople during the late 4th century. Here he encourages his flock to “hate the Jews”:
The Jews sacrifice their children to Satan… They are worse than wild beasts. The synagogue is a brothel, a den of scoundrels, the temple of demons devoted to idolatrous cults, a criminal assembly of Jews, a place of meeting for the assassins of Christ, a house of ill fame, a dwelling of iniquity, a gulf and abyss of perdition… The synagogue is a curse. Obstinate in her error, she refuses to see or hear; she has deliberately perverted her judgment; she has extinguished within herself the light of the Holy Spirit…
[The Jews] have fallen into a condition lower than the vilest animals. Debauchery and drunkenness have brought them to the level of the lusty goat and the pig. They know only one thing: to satisfy their stomachs, to get drunk, to kill and beat each other up like stage villains and coachmen… I hate the Jews, because they violate the Law. I hate the Synagogue because it hates the Law and the Prophets. It is the duty of all Christians to hate the Jews.
- See more at: http://alphahistory.com/holocaust/chrysostom-...
==========
Yes, we admitted Chrysostom had this weakness. He was a man. He was not infallible. Noone defended this. Noone justified or minimized this.Somehow you will not admit the facts we presented about him. I guess thats because you are so brutally intellectually honest.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#491181 Nov 12, 2013
Have a fabulousness evening all, time to go to dinner. 6pm in SoCal.

Prince George, Canada

#491182 Nov 12, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
I am Native American and happy that the Christians came to save my people.
So you believe that without Christianity, the creator of the Native Indians would have rejected the Native Indians?

You are indeed a very arrogant Christian.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#491183 Nov 12, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "Catholics are not compelled to pay for anything,
..when u pass the basket for donation when u pray for people. Duh!" End quote. Really? How much does it cost for an annulment? In my town for the ROMAN CATHOLICS the cost is between $800 and $2,000. So let me see. Is that a cost or is it imagination? You tell me.
You said, quote, ""There can be no absolute certainty in this life about one’s salvation (“[W]ork out your salvation in fear and trembling”[Phil 2:12])." End quote.
The verse you HALF-posted let's try again. Philippians 2:12-13, "Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure."
You said, quote, "“All who die in God’s grace and friendship but still imperfectly purified, are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven” " End quote.
One of the most ignorant statements ever written or spoken.
Romans 6:6-7, 6 "We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. 7 For one who has died has been set free from sin."
FOR ONE WHO HAS DIED HAS BEEN SET FREE OF SIN.
Why should the Church pay for your mistake! Annulment need investigation, some have to travel. Next time make sure you marry the right person, better yet get some help for Your problem.

Prince George, Canada

#491184 Nov 12, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
Yes, we admitted Chrysostom had this weakness. He was a man.
He was anti-Semitic to the extreme ... and you are now defending his anti-Semitism, which also makes you anti-Semitic, which was already plain to me.

John Chrysostom's words against the Jews were no different than that of Hitler ... yet you vilify Hitler and defend John Chrysostom.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#491185 Nov 12, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you do with these verses....????
John 3:16, "“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." ARE YOU CALLING JOHN A LIAR? No mention of baptism here.
Romans 10:9-10, 9 "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved." NO BAPTISM HERE.
Ephesians 2:8-9, 8 "God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. 9 Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it." OOPS! NO BAPTISM HERE.
Mark 16:16, "Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned." Here you finally see baptism but wait a minute. Jesus says, "But anyone who refuses to BELIEVE will be condemned." Jesus NEVER says, "But anyone who refuses to be BAPTIZED will be condemned." NEVER.
So, what do you do with these verses if you are "Truth"? You get out a big black magic marker and mark them out. LOL LOL
Why do you guys dissect the sacred scriptures like that?
The Catholic Church was responsible for breaking the Bible into chapter/verses. You guys aren't responsible enough to see the reason for it. You seem to think its ok to isolate one verse and use it to against another. Its sickening watching you all use our Bible like this. You shove verses in each others face like its going out of style. Its a joke; a complete mockery of the word of God.

Prince George, Canada

#491186 Nov 12, 2013
I suggest that the Jews didn't believe that John Chrysostom was a "Golden-mouthed" orator.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Saint John Chrysostom (347 – 407), Greek Ioannes Chrysostomos, early Christian theologian, archbishop of Constantinople, saint. "Chrysostom" means "Golden-mouthed", a tribute to his exemplary talent as an orator.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Main_Page

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#491187 Nov 12, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Rosez: I'm convinced Jesus was written about
At some point in His lifetime.
Michael says........Show me the money? I have yet to see any documentation or evidence during the era of this man Jesus about him, Mary/Joseph, John Baptist, 12 apostles etc. EXCEPT in the NT.
There are thousands of americans who would swear they have been taken up in a space craft by aliens and returned safely to earth.
Show me the cold hard facts, and I will weigh the evidence.
No one knows his date of birth, no one knows what he did for a living to support himself, no one knows what he looked like, and the most important event on the christian calendar his death and resurrection and NOT ONE person knows what those important dates are. Did no one care enough about this man while he lived? Remember the NT claims this man was loved by thousands and performed miracles for thousands and witnessed by thousands more, yet not one writer, scribe, philosopher, roman/jewish government official ever recorded anything in their writings about this man.
Did he really live is more plausable question.
.....something is wrong!!!
I can't sow that which may have been destroyed .

Fact is,we,have accounts,in the life and,death of a,man alive over 2000
Years,ago...whose,flowers,were so moved by Him..That they died in His,name.

Now,..how,many 2000 year ago people,do we,have autobiographies,about ..whose,country was,decimated,..And their Capital was,turned to ashes.

And why would their leaders,have preached in unwAnted places ..facing prison and,death for myth .

The,bible...we're it any other history ..so old ..would be touted as a great find of history..

But because,it's,about Faith in God,..everything was,made up ..

Amazing .

There,are,lost,villages..towns ,and civilizations,that were,conquered that we ONLY KNOW,ABIUT BY fragments,dug up ..

How many people,believed in a,wall fragment from.a,dead civilization..because they found no later calendar ...But each that was real...

Again to the Conquerors,go history and the spoils.

But unlike others,conquered and vanquished
.Christianity just would not go away ...kill them..burn heir Churches..their scrolls ..THEIR FAITH was SPIRITUAL and,did NOT GO INTO THE,NIGHT ..because God willed it to be HIS,FAITH ..the message,spread all over the world . Despite many setbacks ..

Michael it's your Choice to believe or not..absence of writings,OTHER THAN THISE YOU WON'T BELIEVE .does,NOT prove your point .

But niece as,you wish..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#491188 Nov 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Marduk gave him solice.
And Enlil gave him orders through emissaries. Enki persuaded him in(toward) peace while in the northwest, supported him in troops and strategy, material needs, and contacts in the southern areas.(the battle of the 5 kingdoms). The names have been changed is all.

Prince George, Canada

#491189 Nov 12, 2013
There is no question in my mind that the ex-Jew Catholics aimed to kill all the Jews that were faithful to Judaism, in order to make the Catholic religion "UNIVERSAL" in the sense of ruling over all other people of the world.

Catholics were and still are anti-Semitic, and the new testament was created FOR anti-Semitic purposes ... which were anything BUT divine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 8 min Spider1954 3,034
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 32 min leonknott 45,615
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 1 hr Y the double stan... 147
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Thinking 282,987
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Internet Reality 618,849
Donald Chump: "Not paying federal taxes makes m... 1 hr Internet Reality 4
rajkot to chotila gey sex (Nov '15) 1 hr samir 33
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 3 hr crucifiedguy 5,021
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 hr Joe Fortuna 70,894
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr nanoanomaly 974,735
More from around the web