Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654009 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Hahndorf, Australia

#491148 Nov 12, 2013
its ok..but i say to you many Masters exist..

a nkh=life is been there

good luck to you
you believe or not

it is written
many many will come in my name

its not me

it is written
deceivers and possessors who they are..
certainly everything
Did they created heaven and earth?
no
then say something

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491149 Nov 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ was not a great fan of RELIGION for its own sake ...as the priests seemed to love the TEMPle more than the Father ...
And YOU LOVE the image of the son, while (within wacky theology) you disrespect the son's REAL one and only father ... Jehovah!

Prince George, Canada

#491150 Nov 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you know all these scriptures above..
have you ever considered applying them to them yourself?...
How funny that you believe others are evil and that you are so perfected ... yet you are NOT even a Jew.
truth

Hahndorf, Australia

#491151 Nov 12, 2013
Why Abraham need blessing?
Many Masters exist as well possessors and deceivers.
Many many can do many things.

it is written
many many will come in my name
its not me..

I say to you everything will past my words not.

Prince George, Canada

#491152 Nov 12, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Pray for unity. <><
While we are busy cursing each other as god offenders ... let's pray for unity!

Hahahahaha

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#491153 Nov 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Poshhhh...
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Since the man of God is "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!!
How can he be more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!
He can't

Prince George, Canada

#491154 Nov 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where (in the OT) does it say that Abrum was "saved"...or Moses for that matter..he wasn't even allowed to enter the promised land.
Do you honestly believe that Christians want to believe that Jews are saved ... without first becoming Christians???

:)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#491155 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That must mean it doesn't exist.
But then ... I don't believe in hell ... so that must also mean that hell doesn't exist.
Let's make hell something you don't have to worry about by you going to the nearest Church of Christ and getting baptized and live your life as a Christian knowing heaven will be your eternal home.

Prince George, Canada

#491156 Nov 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
He that believeth on him is not condemned:
That's right ... within the Jewish theology ... all you have to do is believe in Jehovah ... and HE will do the rest for you.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#491157 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was also a successful orator in moving his followers to believe they were the elite of the human race.
And Daffy Duck was a duck.How in the world do you tie Hitler into this? You know that voice you hear in your head when you write this kind of post?Listen to it. Its telling you to land somewhere.

Prince George, Canada

#491158 Nov 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Does the Catholic Church still sell indulgences? "
Yes ... "Send me your money, and I will indulge you with the impressions that you are saved."
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#491159 Nov 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
1 Peter 3:18-22
18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but <<<made alive in the Spirit.>>>
19 After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits—
20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all,~~~~~were saved through water,~~~~~
21 and this water symbolizes baptism that ***NOW*** saves you also—NOT the removal of dirt from the body but <<<the pledge of a clear conscience toward God.>>> ~~~It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,~~~
22 who has gone into heaven and is at God’s right hand—with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.
Baptized INTO the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.....
What do you do with these verses....????

John 3:16, "“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." ARE YOU CALLING JOHN A LIAR? No mention of baptism here.

Romans 10:9-10, 9 "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved." NO BAPTISM HERE.

Ephesians 2:8-9, 8 "God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. 9 Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it." OOPS! NO BAPTISM HERE.

Mark 16:16, "Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned." Here you finally see baptism but wait a minute. Jesus says, "But anyone who refuses to BELIEVE will be condemned." Jesus NEVER says, "But anyone who refuses to be BAPTIZED will be condemned." NEVER.

So, what do you do with these verses if you are "Truth"? You get out a big black magic marker and mark them out. LOL LOL

Prince George, Canada

#491160 Nov 12, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Same discipline that a weak person like yourself has.
The Native Indians were VERY disciplined in their following of the "Great Spirit."

But the Christians were certain that the Native Indians were not only weak ... but also EVIL.

Aren't you PROUD???
truth

Hahndorf, Australia

#491161 Nov 12, 2013
people or person never pray
o god of this or that

They believe God is powerful as well can hear prayers too.
When people pray they make conversion for sickness job past love-ones and so on.

Prince George, Canada

#491162 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If what I believe is true, there is a God and if you reject Him you will go to Hell. I die, I go to Heaven. You die, you go to Hell.
If what I believe is true ... neither one of us will have any more suffering.

Prince George, Canada

#491163 Nov 12, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>And Daffy Duck was a duck.How in the world do you tie Hitler into this? You know that voice you hear in your head when you write this kind of post?Listen to it. Its telling you to land somewhere.
John Chrysostom might be a Catholic hero to you, but he was a bully against all others who were NOT Catholic.

Hitler was a great orator to those he impressed ... but he didn't impress me and neither do the sermons of John Chrysostom.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#491164 Nov 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in purgatory..
The Bible gives the sequence/the direction of a soul ..
it says
Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
The subject was "bilk money"
"If a priest is going to bilk money .... claiming to pray a soul out
of purgatory ..he should at least promise them quality service...
Like the fanning funeral home that promises to fan them as they go down
or the morticians that pipe music into the graves and charge a extra fee for the service."

When I said is that what u do?

Try to keep up.
:D

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#491165 Nov 12, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I am tired of snow,although it is beautiful when it first falls and covers the dirty streets and so on.
Ya. We used to say--"snow hides a multitude of sins". LOL!
Problem is, when it disappears, it all comes back to view.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#491166 Nov 12, 2013
Accept no illegitimate dogma on the pretext of love»( PG 62,191 ) St. John Chrysostom (c. 349–407)

Rise up Chrysostomes, Gregories, Germanuses, Tarasiuses, Nikifori, Fotii and the rest, the old and recent Holy Patriarchs of Constantinople, who sacrificed yourselves for your flocks, to see who is on your throne. You, like the good shepherds have sacrificed your souls for your own sheep, while the present ones sacrifice their sheep for themselves and they open the door and invite the wolves to come in and destroy the flock.
Elder Philotheos Zervakos

I have been abstaining from provocative statements re Catholicism.
gee I wonder what triggered me to write that???
shots fired?

Prince George, Canada

#491167 Nov 12, 2013
John Chrysostom was the Christian archbishop of Constantinople during the late 4th century. Here he encourages his flock to “hate the Jews”:

The Jews sacrifice their children to Satan… They are worse than wild beasts. The synagogue is a brothel, a den of scoundrels, the temple of demons devoted to idolatrous cults, a criminal assembly of Jews, a place of meeting for the assassins of Christ, a house of ill fame, a dwelling of iniquity, a gulf and abyss of perdition… The synagogue is a curse. Obstinate in her error, she refuses to see or hear; she has deliberately perverted her judgment; she has extinguished within herself the light of the Holy Spirit…

[The Jews] have fallen into a condition lower than the vilest animals. Debauchery and drunkenness have brought them to the level of the lusty goat and the pig. They know only one thing: to satisfy their stomachs, to get drunk, to kill and beat each other up like stage villains and coachmen… I hate the Jews, because they violate the Law. I hate the Synagogue because it hates the Law and the Prophets. It is the duty of all Christians to hate the Jews.

- See more at: http://alphahistory.com/holocaust/chrysostom-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Profitional massage for girl in Sohar (oman) (Jan '15) 5 min Bewithme 9
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 36 min Classic 3,809
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 38 min Bongo 64,059
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 973,805
I prefer women's satin panties over men's under... 5 hr Clive 27
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 5 hr Clive 80
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Rosa_Winkel 106,508
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr onemale 281,866
More from around the web