Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641797 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#491126 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
They say if the Russian Orthodox and Catholic Churches are to reunite, it would have to go through Putin- or whatever Russian leader is at the helm. I find that difficult to swallow.
Pray for unity. Nothing is impossible with God.

<><
Liam

Chicago, IL

#491127 Nov 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Poshhhh...
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Since the man of God is "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!!
How can he be more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!
I presume you have the books of Sirach, Maccabees 1&2, and Tobit in your Books? No, why?

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#491128 Nov 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
If a priest is going to bilk money .... claiming to pray a soul out
of purgatory ..he should at least promise them quality service...
Like the fanning funeral home that promises to fan them as they go down
or the morticians that pipe music into the graves and charge a extra fee for the service.
LOL
Is that what you do? Aww, now we know.
LOL
truth

Hahndorf, Australia

#491129 Nov 12, 2013

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#491130 Nov 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
Proverbs 16:28
A dishonest man spreads strife, and a whisperer separates close friends.
Proverbs 6:16-19
There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.
Proverbs 21:23
Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble.
Proverbs 20:19
Whoever goes about slandering reveals secrets; therefore do not associate with a simple babbler.
Proverbs 18:8
The words of a whisperer are like delicious morsels; they go down into the inner parts of the body.
James 1:26
If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.
Psalm 34:13
Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking deceit.
Titus 3:2
To speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.
Proverbs 11:13
Whoever goes about slandering reveals secrets, but he who is trustworthy in spirit keeps a thing covered.
~~~

I am glad you know all these scriptures above..

have you ever considered applying them to them yourself?...

Jesus said

Mat_23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

a pretense ....that a imaginary place called purgatory exist and

charge for the prayers/services

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#491131 Nov 12, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for your kind remarks.I am beginning more and more to think about how man's detailed break down of things re God into Creeds, etc.cause most of the dissention among Christians.We must admit that we do not know how God works what e works. Better we focus on loving God and each other.So I agree with you.Yet I find myself coming to the defense of the own Church I attend. I'll get where I need to be, though.Christ will see to it. Peace
That is,the,work of the,Lord,.

The,sooner we ALL get past the,our Church is,better ..does it better ..etc...And realize GOD knew and allowed for any ERRORS ...And made sure one way or another ..through the ages,...we learned about CHRIST ..HIS,LOVE .....HIS SACRIFICE ..to have FAITH in HIM.

WE might be able to work together. The COMMISION is,to spread the FAITH IN JESUS ...HIS,LOVE ..HIS SACRIFICE...to the ends of the earth until the day of HIS Return..

Neither the announcing of a POPE ..your schism ..the Reformation ..the Evangelical movement ...none of it took Him by surprise ...

And who.AM I ..to say the Love of God is,not in anyone else...

Christ was not a great fan of RELIGION for its own sake ...as the priests seemed to love the TEMPle more than the Father ...

#491132 Nov 12, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what you do? Aww, now we know.
LOL
I don't believe in purgatory..

The Bible gives the sequence/the direction of a soul ..

it says

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
truth

Hahndorf, Australia

#491133 Nov 12, 2013
how its look purgatory

yes you can pray
i speak last time with my son..

after prayers i see what i have to see
i see man o yes from very sticky watering dust as mud oh.. i pray more and more i see its going first head then lags then another parts body i see face its weak up and totally renew
yee
you can save trough prayers many many many just pray..
don't worry what others try say..they will tell many things..they will declare you ijuju..you you who believe you don't need believe them.. legal documents today are as some as glass of wine for alcoholic people..yes as accusation you have everything for money..but power to see or know you can't have for money.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#491134 Nov 12, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
or the morticians that pipe music into the graves and charge a extra fee for the service.
LOL
Or maybe your $42 million boy Benny Hinn?
Liam

Chicago, IL

#491135 Nov 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Does the Catholic Church still sell indulgences? "
That's like asking, "Have you stopped beating your wife?" The Catholic Church does not now nor has it ever approved the sale of indulgences. This is to be distinguished from the undeniable fact that individual Catholics (perhaps the best known of them being the German Dominican Johann Tetzel [1465-1519]) did sell indulgences--but in doing so they acted contrary to explicit Church regulations. This practice is utterly opposed to the Catholic Church's teaching on indulgences, and it cannot be regarded as a teaching or practice of the Church.
http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/does-t...
He's gotta know that by now. There is no way this man Confrint, would not know that he just told a lie. I don't get how these people function. I bet he's been corrected a half dozen times on indulgences in the last year.

#491136 Nov 12, 2013
Jesus did not teach purgatory

He said;

Luk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom:

the rich man also died, and was buried;

Luk 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes,

being in torments, and

seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Luk 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus,

that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for

I am tormented in this flame.
truth

Hahndorf, Australia

#491137 Nov 12, 2013
who is been stubborn..who constantly going in and out trough there..N psalm 68
on tiny place in bible you can find what others try hide
in them you can't find nothing only pride where they will say to everyone nothing exist..
n

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491138 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
And what authority does he have to rule one way or the other on Baptism?
Clay ..the result ..Baptism ..is the same ..

But it's love and FAITH in Christ we all..hopefully ..have in common.
truth

Hahndorf, Australia

#491139 Nov 12, 2013
psalm 1;7
He say to me;'you are my child..n
Liam

Chicago, IL

#491140 Nov 12, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
LOL
Let me get this straight: you're a self ordained minister. You thought somethin about another group of people that turned out to be false; you ignore the truth you learned and continue on smearing them with a lie? What are you going to say to Jesus when you meet him?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491141 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
But I have faith in Christ Jesus too. He's my savior and I love the Lord with all my heart......and I do good works too.
"I" ..."I" ... "I" ... on and on ... it's always about the "I" ...

I suggest that all religion is a one-sided human AFFAIR.

"I LOVE Krishna" ... "I LOVE Buddha" ... "I LOVE the goddess" ... "I LOVE Allah" ... "I LOVE Jehovah" ...

It's comparable to ... "I LOVE an orgasm" ... but the orgasm doesn't love me!"

#491142 Nov 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe your $42 million boy Benny Hinn?
you have no proof o a place called purgatory...

what Benny Hinn does is witnessed by thousands

those your priest bilk $ from have nothing but your word..

no one has given any witness to it ever...and it is not found in the Bible

like most of you conjecture it is assumed into the word of God...

If it is not to make $$$ why is it conjured up?

Prince George, Canada

#491143 Nov 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay ..the result ..Baptism ..is the same ..
But it's love and FAITH in Christ we all..hopefully ..have in common.
Catholics and Protestants having the same faith is quite the joke ... considering all the blood that was shed over who Jehovah loves and who he rejects.

Stupid people!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491144 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats up with you guys and your testimonies? Seriously, why wander off first, then throw your arms up to the Lord??
You're not supposed to wander off. There should be no testimony of hard knox, booze, drugs and hoes.
I would love to say this: I was Baptized in the faith as an infant, and raised by my parents and taught to know Christ at every age Our Lord had experienced. As an infant, toddler, first grader and pre teen and teenager. That is the will of God. However, i can't say that. I gave my testimony on here already. Unfortunately, its allot worse than the avg born againer. It took me two stints in jail to finally wake up.
And JESUS came for SINNERS ...And told them YOU'RE FAITH HAS,HEALED YOU..Faith in Him..

Just because some use,the word testimony to describe how they came to or came BACK to CHRIST ..it's no less valid than when the Spirit pulled you out ...

With some evidently they some,form of brokenness to truly love God .
In breaking US,...having us,repent our Sins,..he shows hoe truly patient HE is,...And,some of us..myself included need more of His,mercy
And forgiveness than others,..
The last guy hired got the sane reward .

And the SPIRIT CAN BE,RELENTLESS....unless we truly harden our hearts and reject Christ as,our Saviour ...He gets,His way ...thank God

Prince George, Canada

#491145 Nov 12, 2013
Jesus did not teach purgatory
I suggest that no Jesus lived to teach ... period!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min INSPECTOR Nr 2 618,433
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 17 min It aint necessari... 38,485
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min INSPECTOR Nr 2 104,741
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 59 min Brian_G 970,081
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 1 hr Paul is dead 4,155
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Steve III 44,428
hi guys mera lund bahut mota hai meri gf gaand... (Apr '12) 2 hr Sana khan 42
More from around the web