Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,000
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490817 Nov 11, 2013
The Christians just don't want to follow the truth ... that in order to be pleasing to a Jew, they must BE Jews.

It's ONLY RIGHT!!!

Tongue in cheek

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#490818 Nov 11, 2013
No it's not!

Location hidden

#490819 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever have an negative feelings towards others???
:)
I'd like to take a baseball bat to a few people I know ... but don't get me wrong. I live in love.
Tough love...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490820 Nov 11, 2013
If Jehovah created good and evil, it's only fair that all believers in Jehovah take a portion of the good and a portion of the evil.

It's not polite to hog all the tastiest stuff for SELF!

If people weren't so greedy, they could all be half good and half evil Jews. And that way they could never point fingers at each other, as they would all be the same.

Location hidden

#490821 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if I start to believe in Jehovah, do you believe I will still be EVIL???
After all, he is the only Abrahamic god ... isn't he???
Dr. Evil...

Location hidden

#490822 Nov 11, 2013
Have a wonderful day all... :)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490823 Nov 11, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
No it's not!
OH OH!!! You must be one of those heretic Christians that refuse to worship JEHOVAH!

WOE BE UNTO THEE!

That biblical curse-stuff of witchcraft is really "catchy."

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#490824 Nov 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
THE INSTRUCTIONS OF HOW TO BE BORN AGAIN IS FOUND IN
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
ONE DON'T HAVE TO BECOME A MEMBER OF ANY RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION TO BE SAVED...
AFTER HE IS SAVED.... HE NEEDS TO FIND
A BIBLE BELIEVING.
.BIBLE PREACHING'..
.BIBLE TEACHING CHURCH.
~~~~~~~
Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
You are still in a very dense fog!!!!

You say: THE INSTRUCTIONS OF HOW TO BE BORN AGAIN IS FOUND IN
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

"shalt be saved" is by no means "is saved"...

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

"shalt not be ashamed" is by no means "is saved"...

The following Scripture has nothing to with: THE INSTRUCTIONS OF HOW TO BE BORN AGAIN

Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490825 Nov 11, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
<quoted text>
Tough love...
If you insist on being in religion ... ya gotta be tough. The gods expect ya to kill a few misfits here and there when they get on the nerves of the gods.

It's part of the job!
marge

Ames, IA

#490826 Nov 11, 2013
Thinking of you big sister LTM, I love you.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490827 Nov 11, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
<quoted text>
Tough love...
Every time I think of Jerry Falwell, I want to take a baseball bat after his image and pound it to a friggen pulp!!!

I've tried those little stress balls, but they don't satisfy my holy rage!

Do you have any ideas how I can satiate my desires???

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490828 Nov 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah Lord have mercy!!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490829 Nov 11, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Evil...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#490830 Nov 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
THE INSTRUCTIONS OF HOW TO BE BORN AGAIN IS FOUND IN
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
ONE DON'T HAVE TO BECOME A MEMBER OF ANY RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION TO BE SAVED...
AFTER HE IS SAVED.... HE NEEDS TO FIND
A BIBLE BELIEVING.
.BIBLE PREACHING'..
.BIBLE TEACHING CHURCH.
~~~~~~~
What? NO BAPTISM TO BE SAVED? I thought you were one of those....baptism is a requirement for salvation. Well????

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490831 Nov 11, 2013
Christian theology in a nutshell

Dear Jesus ... though you ARE a Jew
I still love you, it is true
Now get busy and erase my sin
And be at heaven's gate to let me in
I am worthy of your love
I am ready for heaven above
I don't believe other Jews are saved
But you dear Jesus, it's you I crave
Now run your errands for me today
And get busy for my stay
When you will worship me forever
As your very worthy treasure

June VanDerMark
August 9, 2013
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#490832 Nov 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You say: THE INSTRUCTIONS OF HOW TO BE BORN AGAIN IS FOUND IN
"shalt not be ashamed" is by no means "is saved"...
The following Scripture has nothing to with: THE INSTRUCTIONS OF HOW TO BE BORN AGAIN
Romans 10:8-11, 8"But what does it say?“THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you WILL be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says,“WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.”

WILL ..... WILL ..... WILL ..... WILL BE SAVED!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#490833 Nov 11, 2013
LOOK WHAT I FOUND...

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, said the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Rev 1:9 I John,
Rev 1:10 I ...was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
Rev 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What you see,

*****WRITE IN A BOOK*****

and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
Rev 1:12 And I turned to see THE VOICE THAT SPOKE TO ME. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
Rev 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto THE SON OF MAN, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire...

KayMarie
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#490834 Nov 11, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
"Jesus said his Church would be "the light of the world." He then noted that "a city set on a hill cannot be hid" (Matt. 5:14). This means his Church is a visible organization. It must have characteristics that clearly identify it and that distinguish it from other churches. Jesus promised, "I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18). This means that his Church will never be destroyed and will never fall away from him. His Church will survive until his return.
Among the Christian churches, only the Catholic Church has existed since the time of Jesus. Every other Christian church is an offshoot of the Catholic Church. The Eastern Orthodox churches broke away from unity with the pope in 1054. The Protestant churches were established during the Reformation, which began in 1517.(Most of today’s Protestant churches are actually offshoots of the original Protestant offshoots.)
Only the Catholic Church existed in the tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing. The line of popes can be traced back, in unbroken succession, to Peter himself. This is unequaled by any institution in history.
Even the oldest government is new compared to the papacy, and the churches that send out door-to-door missionaries are young compared to the Catholic Church. Many of these churches began as recently as the nineteenth or twentieth centuries. Some even began during your own lifetime. None of them can claim to be the Church Jesus established.
The Catholic Church has existed for nearly 2,000 years, despite constant opposition from the world. This is testimony to the Church’s divine origin. It must be more than a merely human organization, especially considering that its human members— even some of its leaders—have been unwise, corrupt, or prone to heresy."
You said, quote, ""Jesus said his Church would be "the light of the world." He then noted that "a city set on a hill cannot be hid" (Matt. 5:14). This means his Church is a visible organization." End quote.

Really? Try reading Matthew 5:14, "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden;" YOU are the light of the world...not the Roman Catholic church.

You said, quote, "Among the Christian churches, only the Catholic Church has existed since the time of Jesus." End quote.

Small "c" catholic meaning the universal Christian church. Not the capital "C" Roman Catholic church. The Roman Catholic church began with your founder....Constantine.

You said, quote, "Only the Catholic Church existed in the tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing. The line of popes can be traced back, in unbroken succession, to Peter himself." End quote.

Where did Jesus anoint, create, mention or ordain the position of pope? Peter called himself a presbyter (pastor), not a pope. He refused honor (Acts 10:25,26) saying "Stand up for I myself also am a man". The apostles argued regarding who was greatest in the kingdom (Matthew 18:1) which indicates that even they did not accept Peter as head of the Church. The wealth and power of the Roman Catholic popes could have come to Peter or any of the apostles. They had charisma, they could heal and raise the dead and perform many other miracles. They could have accumulated gold and land and conquering armies, but they gave away all that was placed at their feet (Acts 4:37, 3:6). They rejoiced that they were counted worthy to suffer for the name of Jesus Christ (Acts 5:41). How could anyone be so naive as to think that the papacy evolved out of such humility and simplicity. The office of pope is of pagan origin and cannot in any way be substantiated in Scripture. Because of the work and ministry of the Holy Spirit, such an office is not necessary.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#490835 Nov 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
What? NO BAPTISM TO BE SAVED? I thought you were one of those....baptism is a requirement for salvation. Well????
where have you been for Years. He is a Pentecostal Minister.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#490836 Nov 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>where have you been for Years. He is a Pentecostal Minister.
Pentecostal or UPC? Did you know there is a difference? Look it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scientific proof for God's existence 3 min HipGnosis 552
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min New Age Spiritual... 607,187
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min BenAdam 795,276
masterbation 6 min andet1987 2
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min AN NFL FAN 120,701
Who's your favorite NBA player of ALL-TIME??? 19 min Kid_Tomorrow 4
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min Heisenberg 267,407
More from around the web