Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646454 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491065 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When do you plan to be reborn as a Jew???
Only then will the ONE god JEHOVAH idolize you as you now idolize your self.
Silly people!
One can be easily baptized into Judaism. It is part of the conversion to Judaism.

Once again, the Pagans, AKA Christians, perverted a Jewish ritual.

The God of Abraham would consider it blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
According to their own doctrines, all Christians are forever unforgiven.

"Blasphemy against the Spirit can not be forgiven" Matt. 12:31

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491066 Nov 12, 2013
At least some of the Wiccans teach that in between incarnations a souls of a Wiccan flies off to the Summer lands to in turn rest until the souls in turn chooses the next baby's body into which it will reside at birth.

Theologians were and are busy-bodies.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491067 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Theologians of the past, all claimed to be qualified to read the future.
Their right-fighting followers were and are every bit as arrogant in their claims of seeing the future unfold before their imaginations.
Religion is all bunk.
Agreed.

However, for a small Paypal transaction I can assure a place in Valhalla when you die.

<smile>

Prince George, Canada

#491068 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
well then give me your testimony. how did you come to Christ?
There IS no other way to eternal bliss than through the HIGH GOD, as according to all the "BASIC" Abrahamic theology ... Jehovah ... the one and only GOD, HAS the final say in all matters.

My theology is every bit as trustworthy as yours, and that means it's not at all trustworthy.

Prince George, Canada

#491069 Nov 12, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
However, for a small Paypal transaction I can assure a place in Valhalla when you die.
<smile>
Theologians already have the Pay-pal transactions going their way.

They are busy taking "credit" as intermediaries between earth and the sky.

:)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#491070 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Sacrament of Baptism was installed by God through the Blessed Apostles. I'm sorry, but this included water. We don't use water because we read a series of Bible passages and decided it wasn't necessary. We use water because its Gods will. That's why Baptism stayed untouched for almost 1900 yrs before the born again movement decided to undo it.
Did you ever stop and think that water is the most essential ingredient for life? Without it, we die. Baptism with water is not just a cute symbol, Preston. There is a reason why God wants us to use it. You have no business undoing His will.
There is no saving power in water.....if salvation is by water...Christ could have "stayed home"....
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#491071 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats up with you guys and your testimonies? Seriously, why wander off first, then throw your arms up to the Lord??
You're not supposed to wander off. There should be no testimony of hard knox, booze, drugs and hoes.

I would love to say this: I was Baptized in the faith as an infant, and raised by my parents and taught to know Christ at every age Our Lord had experienced. As an infant, toddler, first grader and pre teen and teenager. That is the will of God. However, i can't say that. I gave my testimony on here already. Unfortunately, its allot worse than the avg born againer. It took me two stints in jail to finally wake up.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#491072 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There IS no other way to eternal bliss than through the HIGH GOD, as according to all the "BASIC" Abrahamic theology ... Jehovah ... the one and only GOD, HAS the final say in all matters.
My theology is every bit as trustworthy as yours, and that means it's not at all trustworthy.
lets see...

If what you believe is true (there is no God) then the samething happens to both of us. We die, our bodies are put in a box, and we rot in the ground.

If what I believe is true, there is a God and if you reject Him you will go to Hell. I die, I go to Heaven. You die, you go to Hell.

Wow...best case scenario for you is, your body is put in a box and you rot in the ground. Boy Grams, that's something to look forward to.

I'll stick with what I believe. Good luck to you..
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#491073 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Repentance and faith in Christ.
Why do you add baptism to the sacrifice of Christ?
We are justified by faith
"You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone."
Jason

Piedmont, OK

#491075 Nov 12, 2013
The Old Testament Is What Should Be Kept The Laws If the Laws were Kept The world Would Live In Peace.

The Laws Are Of Love And Peace And You Would not be keeping Pagan Holidays And Breaking The Sabbath.
You Would Keep his Feast Day's They Are Wonderful Instead Of Worshiping Him Just On One Day You Would Have seven Days Of Love For the father And the son.
By The way the Sabbath Is Saturday Even the roman catholick church Admits to changing it from Saturday To Sunday.

And As you know Yahweh Is Not A god Yahweh Warns you about worshiping God And or gods.He would not even want to be in the same category.May Yahweh Bless each and everyone of you But May All God worship Be destroyed.Seems no one understands the power of satan And how she had deceived the world into god worship.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#491076 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't jump from 'Jesus' sacrifice on the cross' to "I'm saved no matter what now".
God didn't remove your free will. You need to endure til the end. So if you are an OSAS subscriber, you can add that to the long list of strange doctrines that was introduced by man.
I don't know that Baptism was the first sacrament that you guys unraveld. I think (but not sure) that most of protestantland didn't change this one. I think the newest opinion on baptism began with the tent revivals in the 50's and really took off with the casualties of the 60's and 70's. I know Lutherans and Methodist and Anglicans preach Baptism with water- infant baptism too.
Leave it to the hippies to really mess things up!
You are calling Jesus a liar!!!!!

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#491077 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your testimony, Chuck? Why do you grow to hate the Catholic Church? They didn't give you what you want and you went elsewhere. That's the same 'ol song from all of ya. It didn't work for me. It wasn't what I wanted. I prefer my Christianity like such and such...
Hey, i disagree with the Church on some things too. But Our Lord didn't install a designer Christianity.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#491078 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love to say this: I was Baptized in the faith as an infant
What does into the faith mean???
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#491079 Nov 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone."
a little late to the party Tony.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#491080 Nov 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Water baptism alone does not save a a person fro m their sins...
John was call the Baptist because of he baptized...
Mat 3:5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,
Mat 3:6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
Mat 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers,
who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
NOTE....JOHN REQUIRED REPENTANCE AND FRUITS FIRST
Mat 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
Mat 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
Mat 3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
NOTE 1.JOHN SPOKE HERE OF HIS BAPTISM..
.2.THEN THE BAPTISM (OF FIRE) THE HOLY GHOST THAT WOULD COME THROUGH JESUS..(WHICH MOST CHURCHES IGNORE/DENY TODAY.)
Mat 3:11 1. I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance:
but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear:
2.he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
THERE IS NO SEQUENCE THAT HAS BEEN SET AS WHEN A PERSON SHOULD BE BAPTIZED IN WATER...ONLY REPENTANCE COMES FIRST ACCORDING TO JESUS
JESUS SAID...MARK WRITES...
Mar_1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH BELIEVES THEY ARE THE KINGDOM OF GOD...AND IT
DOES NOT BELIEVE THE GOSPEL ---SO THAT
EXCLUDES THEM..HERE...
ONE EVEN SAID IT SUCKS...
Part of the gospel we are to believe is the washing away of sins through baptism.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491081 Nov 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no saving power in water.....if salvation is by water...Christ could have "stayed home"....
Just as a wedding band is a meaningless trinket.

OK
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#491082 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you show me where the Apostles taught:
- immaculate conception of Mary
- assumption of Mary
- petitioning saints in heaven for their prayers
- infant baptism
- confession of sin to a priest
- purgatory
thanks
Can you show me where the bibles says everything the Apostles taught was recorded in scripture?
Thanks.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491083 Nov 12, 2013
Jason wrote:
The Old Testament Is What Should Be Kept The Laws If the Laws were Kept The world Would Live In Peace.....
I bet you would be one of the first stoned to death according to it.

You clowns obviously never read the Bible.

You are all proven atheists. If you really believed the Bible was from God you would spend your lives memorizing every word of it.

Frauds! All of you!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#491085 Nov 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no saving power in water.....
Good Ox. Now see how long you can go without drinking it. lol
Water saves you in more ways than you think.

Water is important because God willed for Baptism to be done that way. Regardless if you think its meaningless, to God its not. The 20th century born againers probably should have left Baptism alone. The consequences for reversing the word of God can't be good.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491086 Nov 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are calling Jesus a liar!!!!!....
You all do that.

Starting with your deity Paul.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Things poping up while i was sitting on my dads... (Jun '11) 5 min Suckcockluver 65
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min ATHEOI 48,320
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Bongo 971,615
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 49 min Gravywizard54 30
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 50 min KellyP_Onuandher 2,021
What attracts white women to black men? (Mar '07) 1 hr Rickster 11,532
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 182,639
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr RiccardoFire 44,652
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 hr Annaleigh 105,560
More from around the web