Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,680)

Showing posts 473,581 - 473,600 of511,814
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they were WILD. And the strong ones such as the popes, kings, queens and emperors won out in the end, IF they were not disposed of their selves.
Religion always was a war of who had the most military power.
I suggest you keep in mind that in Constantine's era twenty emperors were assassinated in one century.
That is WHY he gave control to the Catholics in the hopes of religion becoming ONE system of belief.
As you can see ... his plan didn't work. The crazies are still at it today ... fighting over who the gods love and who the gods will reject.
I know that Constantine's goal was political- to unite the empire. He knew little theology. The first council would not have been swayed by him anyway. Most had been already tortured under the Diocletian persecution and had not wavered.Christianity was already in effect underground before Constantine.His move to end persecution let it grow exponentially.I still have difficulty with my Church making him a saint.I can express that to my Church and they will accept my freedom of thought. I still am checking your 20 Emperors assassinated statement.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is not a myth, goofy; Christ is the myth.
Jesus is a mythical figurine of the new testament.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Very distinct differences.
Thanks Chess!
No difference at all.

To most Christians, the word Christ and the word Jesus are interchangeable.

Note how this author uses the word "Christ" as meaning Jesus.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

All History ignores Him.

The fact that Christ finds no place in the history of the era in which he lived,—that not one event of his life is recorded by anybody but his own interested and prejudiced biographers,—settles the conclusion, beyond cavil or criticism, that the godlike achievements ascribed to him are naught but fable or fiction.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I still have difficulty with my Church making him a saint.I can express that to my Church and they will accept my freedom of thought.
Back in the day when the popes had all the say, you would have found your self burned at the stake as a heretic.

There was no freedom of thought, unless the thought was aligned to the pope in power. And if you call THAT freedom of thought, I suggest you are wrong.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
```

You are evidently a demonic figure charading as a human being...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
I still am checking your 20 Emperors assassinated statement.
Pardon me. It was a seventy-year period, not a one-hundred-year period.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following.

When Constantine legalized Christianity, he expected it to unify the empire sorely needing unity. Before Diocletian, during a seventy-year period, twenty-three emperors ruled. Of that number twenty were assassinated, one fell battling the Goths, one died a prisoner of the Persians, and one perished from the plague.
StarC

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's fascinating stuff!
If the soul can be murdered, hell is of no use, as the sufferers won't know they are suffering.
:)
I thought you'd like that one, the soul can suffer on earth. Are you suffering right now? Maybe not since u don't have a soul.

:D

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Except for the reason of deception, why would Catholics take it upon their selves to change a holy name of a supposed savior.

You'll see the lies ... but only when you choose to see them.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

CatholicCulture.Org

I.C.
Jesus -- first and last letters of his name in Greek, Ihcuc.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
```
You are evidently a demonic figure charading as a human being...
Did your Protestant image of a god instruct you to state that ... or was that "rooted" in your "own free will?"

You are funny!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you'd like that one, the soul can suffer on earth. Are you suffering right now? Maybe not since u don't have a soul.
:D
I also believe I don't have a Christian soul or a Muslim soul, or any religion's "tagged" soul.

I believe I am a mortal animal ... period.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Non-human animals suffer excruciating emotional and physical pain, and they did nothing whatsoever to offend any image of a creator.

NOTHING!!!

Religion is BUNK ... and that includes YOUR religion.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Amazing Grace ... "OH YES ... HALLELUJAH ... PRAISE ye JEHOVAH" ... saved a wretch like me, to in turn believe that I will be set free ... from suffering for eternity ... while other won't be as fortunate as "ME!"

That belief is ... REPULSIVE!
chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Some Jews believe that the one god's title is Elohim, while others believe his name is ADONAI, et cetera ... and some even believe that the term G-D must be used as a show of respect.
But if you ask any Jew of the one-god dogma if there are multiple gods, I suggest they will say that it all pertains to one god, as they would never admit to being polytheists.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Take your pick! Each group of Jews had their own title for their own image of a god. But unlike the Catholics, Muslims and Protestants, the gods at least DID have titles.
Note "The eternal 'one.'"
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Tetragrammaton 1.1 Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh
1.2 Yah
1.3 Adonai
1.4 HaShem
1.5 Adoshem
1.6 YHWH Tzevaot
2 Other names and titles of God in Judaism 2.1 Adonai
2.2 Baali
2.3 El
2.4 Elah
2.5 Eloah
2.6 Elohim
2.7 El Roi
2.8 El Shaddai
2.9 Elyon
2.10 The Eternal One
2.11 Shalom
2.12 Shekhinah
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_ ...
You're confusing titles with gods, goofy. Baal of Peor was BibleGod? Really, goofy?
chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The New Testament no more makes the historical Jesus a myth than the Alexander Romances makes Alexander the Great a myth, silly.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

If a creator exists that in turn created all forms of life ... that means all forms of life ... including humans, had no part in that choice whatsoever.

You can refer to suffering as a gift when YOU suffer. But I suggest that you go too far when you state that suffering is a gift for all other forms of life, that in turn had no part in your religion.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

chess wrote:
<quoted text>
The New Testament no more makes the historical Jesus a myth than the Alexander Romances makes Alexander the Great a myth, silly.
That is because you place high value ON the new testament ... but only the parts that you personally treasure.

You don't want to admit that Jehovah created evil, as that is no fun for you whatsoever to believe THAT is true.

Silly goose!
chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Unfortunately the link is not an established organization and only includes "links" to other "Google" queries:
http://www.americanneopaganism.com/search_caf... PDF&afdToken=CrwBChMI8ZmQ6 qbdugIVC9mECh1qcAA1GAEgAlDPrPY PUKeC9w9Qq6SbEVCmvLURUOC9tRFQ5 rzlEVDCxdwTUObMtBVQhuXoFlDsnK0 pUJ3ili5Q24CzclDw-JSVAVCE--2XA VC7vaqnAVDZvaqnAVC1qKKyAVCxvq_ HAXH2dE8iXCJowYIBEwjgtpPqpt26A hUF6YQKHawrAJKNAYUtJvCRAafVoTb Ycm1hkQEU3eQu0Opk05EB5wWqRLWhw OcSGQCchQJKAAwRiLHUenBCTZrjS_w p15Vmv2c
June does this ever so often.....think she has some supporting information, but in fact, it is really just a ruse to make herself look good.
I just followed two of her links -- both bad.

But it could just be computer illiteracy.

I found one of the pages at a different URL than she gave.
<quoted text>
I still can't understand how it took her so many decades to speak out against something she states as: "I never believed".
Remember - she's only been a "non-Christian" for only about 4 years, and IMO - appears to be limited in her "Agnostic" view, except for a couple fo books that contain quotes from others.
I have no way of knowing for sure, but I would bet dollars to donuts she was as rabid a believer as she now is an atheist.

In my estimation, it's about being right about whatever she believes at the moment.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Back in the day when the popes had all the say, you would have found your self burned at the stake as a heretic.
There was no freedom of thought, unless the thought was aligned to the pope in power. And if you call THAT freedom of thought, I suggest you are wrong.
I have had a Pepsi Cola,but never have had a Pope.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

chess wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confusing titles with gods

By the way ... have you used the proper title for the Jewish god as of LATE???

According to rumors from the sky ... the one and only Abrahamic god claims that he still only loves the Jews, as the Jews stated in the relatively ancient Jewish literature.

How does it feel to be left out in the cold?

Is it more comforting than the thought of burning in hellfire for eternity???

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Now I lay me down to sleep
The sleep of death I will soon reap
And if by chance I shall awake
I wish for peace for all our sakes

June VanDerMark
November 11-11 2013
Remembrance Day

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 473,581 - 473,600 of511,814
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

667 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min IPSEC 216,457
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 6 min -USA-1 37,839
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 min waaasssuuup 440,798
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min RADEKT 250,303
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Double Fine 679,542
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 16 min GO Le Gay SlumDOG GO 109,491
the gay propaganda 19 min Adam 2
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr Poppy 219
teen snapchat nudes 1 hr Natej696 107