Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683544 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491053 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that there has never on earth BEEN a humble theologian.
Those claiming to know the future are very VAIN in thought and deed.
Those lying about the past are even more dangerous.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#491054 Nov 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That's,not their,argument per se.
Cowboy believes,in Baptism ..But without faith being baptized,alone,will not bring salvation..
The lo of of Christ washes.Faith in the,Sacrifice and in Him .
If baptized,whenever ..And,not acknowledging and,Believing in Christ as,your Saviour,..all you've had,is,wAter,..holy or not
And what authority does he have to rule one way or the other on Baptism?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491055 Nov 12, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I don't believe Mary was catholic.
So are you now "confessing" that Mary is a Jewish saint that works her magic for Catholics?

How dishonest of you. She is believed by the Catholics to be a Catholic saint and nothing BUT a Catholic saint.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Virgin Mary has come to be seen and venerated not only as the Mother of God but also as the Mother of the Church.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veneration_of_Ma...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491056 Nov 12, 2013
So the virgin Mary is perceived as a Catholic saint and at the same time as being the mother of GOD ... the one and only GOD being Jehovah ... Jesus' father.

That's quite the trick.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491057 Nov 12, 2013
So the same virgin Mary that was impregnated by Jehovah with baby Jesus ... is also perceived as Jehovah's Mother.

Incest comes to mind.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#491058 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep relying on those good works Clay. Be the best you can be. You'll still be a lost sinner with good works...good luck.
But I have faith in Christ Jesus too. He's my savior and I love the Lord with all my heart......and I do good works too.

Am I still going to hell Preston and Chuck?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491059 Nov 12, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Those lying about the past are even more dangerous.
Theologians of the past, all claimed to be qualified to read the future.

Their right-fighting followers were and are every bit as arrogant in their claims of seeing the future unfold before their imaginations.

Religion is all bunk.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491060 Nov 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU YOU PREDICT ..THAT THERE IS NO FUTURE...DO YOU NOT/
I predict that I can't know the future, as I am not qualified to even know what happens in the next minute ... much less way off in wonder land.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491061 Nov 12, 2013
<quoted text>
So does an earth quake,,,
Do you believe that Jehovah causes earth quakes?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#491062 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
But I have faith in Christ Jesus too. He's my savior and I love the Lord with all my heart......and I do good works too.
Am I still going to hell Preston and Chuck?
well then give me your testimony. how did you come to Christ?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491063 Nov 12, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
Those claiming to know the future are very VAIN in thought and deed.
You just defined yourself...
YOU PREDICT ..THAT THERE IS NO FUTURE...DO YOU NOT/
By the way ... thank you for not using anti-Semitic scriptures from the new testament in this post ... and in turn daring to converse with me from your own thoughts.

I find it very refreshing.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#491064 Nov 12, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for your kind remarks.I am beginning more and more to think about how man's detailed break down of things re God into Creeds, etc.cause most of the dissention among Christians.We must admit that we do not know how God works what e works. Better we focus on loving God and each other.So I agree with you.Yet I find myself coming to the defense of the own Church I attend. I'll get where I need to be, though.Christ will see to it. Peace
Herme

That is an area of study, Creeds, which to me seems to emerge as a common set of beliefs, and good to identify, or help identify oneself within a group. I see a need to define, but one must also not limit oneself to what God can do, and has done.

It is hard to say if one can have both community and personal beliefs, which are at odds(conflict) with each other for a long time. I tend to think they merge or diverge..., maybe are parallel. Appearance and substance are different catagories wrt beliefs...

Peace

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491065 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When do you plan to be reborn as a Jew???
Only then will the ONE god JEHOVAH idolize you as you now idolize your self.
Silly people!
One can be easily baptized into Judaism. It is part of the conversion to Judaism.

Once again, the Pagans, AKA Christians, perverted a Jewish ritual.

The God of Abraham would consider it blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
According to their own doctrines, all Christians are forever unforgiven.

"Blasphemy against the Spirit can not be forgiven" Matt. 12:31
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491066 Nov 12, 2013
At least some of the Wiccans teach that in between incarnations a souls of a Wiccan flies off to the Summer lands to in turn rest until the souls in turn chooses the next baby's body into which it will reside at birth.

Theologians were and are busy-bodies.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491067 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Theologians of the past, all claimed to be qualified to read the future.
Their right-fighting followers were and are every bit as arrogant in their claims of seeing the future unfold before their imaginations.
Religion is all bunk.
Agreed.

However, for a small Paypal transaction I can assure a place in Valhalla when you die.

<smile>
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491068 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
There IS no other way to eternal bliss than through the HIGH GOD, as according to all the "BASIC" Abrahamic theology ... Jehovah ... the one and only GOD, HAS the final say in all matters.

My theology is every bit as trustworthy as yours, and that means it's not at all trustworthy.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491069 Nov 12, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
However, for a small Paypal transaction I can assure a place in Valhalla when you die.
<smile>
Theologians already have the Pay-pal transactions going their way.

They are busy taking "credit" as intermediaries between earth and the sky.

:)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#491070 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Sacrament of Baptism was installed by God through the Blessed Apostles. I'm sorry, but this included water. We don't use water because we read a series of Bible passages and decided it wasn't necessary. We use water because its Gods will. That's why Baptism stayed untouched for almost 1900 yrs before the born again movement decided to undo it.
Did you ever stop and think that water is the most essential ingredient for life? Without it, we die. Baptism with water is not just a cute symbol, Preston. There is a reason why God wants us to use it. You have no business undoing His will.
There is no saving power in water.....if salvation is by water...Christ could have "stayed home"....
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#491071 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats up with you guys and your testimonies? Seriously, why wander off first, then throw your arms up to the Lord??
You're not supposed to wander off. There should be no testimony of hard knox, booze, drugs and hoes.

I would love to say this: I was Baptized in the faith as an infant, and raised by my parents and taught to know Christ at every age Our Lord had experienced. As an infant, toddler, first grader and pre teen and teenager. That is the will of God. However, i can't say that. I gave my testimony on here already. Unfortunately, its allot worse than the avg born againer. It took me two stints in jail to finally wake up.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#491072 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There IS no other way to eternal bliss than through the HIGH GOD, as according to all the "BASIC" Abrahamic theology ... Jehovah ... the one and only GOD, HAS the final say in all matters.
My theology is every bit as trustworthy as yours, and that means it's not at all trustworthy.
lets see...

If what you believe is true (there is no God) then the samething happens to both of us. We die, our bodies are put in a box, and we rot in the ground.

If what I believe is true, there is a God and if you reject Him you will go to Hell. I die, I go to Heaven. You die, you go to Hell.

Wow...best case scenario for you is, your body is put in a box and you rot in the ground. Boy Grams, that's something to look forward to.

I'll stick with what I believe. Good luck to you..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Here For Now 619,684
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 23 min Aura Mytha 15,295
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 40 min Buck Crick 983,028
Sex 2 hr Supersquirrel69 1
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 3 hr Unanimous 7
Venting Against FAKE Americans 5 hr Mint Julep 3
JakeDover34 Add me on snap!! 7 hr Jakedover34 1
More from around the web