Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679163 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#490950 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Testament folks were saved the same way New Testament folks were and even us today.....by faith.
Not according to Jesus.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#490951 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians absolutely refuse to worship the one and only father of the one they consider to be their savior.
Within the theology, if Jehovah is Jesus' father, there IS, nor can there BE, any other GOD!!!
June's theology 101. Keep up your own faith,it will be tried as by fire some day dear lady!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#490952 Nov 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Not "God", but more enlightened than Jesus.
How funny you are when you try to pretend you are not here to lead others to your "SELF's" self-perceived "wisdom."

Do you believe that the god Jehovah was and is Jesus' father??? After all ... that is also part and parcel of the supposedly DIVINE theology.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#490953 Nov 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
At least it's a start anyway.
Wherever it is you are headed, please take the snow with you. LOL!
I am tired of snow,although it is beautiful when it first falls and covers the dirty streets and so on.

Prince George, Canada

#490954 Nov 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Or in honesty HD, you don't have diddly squat and are just trying to still mislead others.
:)

We are putting all our FAITH in your theological KNOWLEDGE!

YEAH ... RIGHT!!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#490955 Nov 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Could the sacrifice of bulls and goats save anyone from their sins in the Old Covenant?
Could John the Baptist baptism save anyone from their sins?
What does the Word of God say....
Hebrews 9:15
15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—~~~~~now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.~~~~~
How was Abraham saved?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#490956 Nov 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Water baptism alone does not save a a person fro m their sins...
John was call the Baptist because of he baptized...
Mat 3:5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,
Mat 3:6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
Mat 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers,
who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
NOTE....JOHN REQUIRED REPENTANCE AND FRUITS FIRST
Mat 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
Mat 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
Mat 3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
NOTE 1.JOHN SPOKE HERE OF HIS BAPTISM..
.2.THEN THE BAPTISM (OF FIRE) THE HOLY GHOST THAT WOULD COME THROUGH JESUS..(WHICH MOST CHURCHES IGNORE/DENY TODAY.)
Mat 3:11 1. I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance:
but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear:
2.he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
THERE IS NO SEQUENCE THAT HAS BEEN SET AS WHEN A PERSON SHOULD BE BAPTIZED IN WATER...ONLY REPENTANCE COMES FIRST ACCORDING TO JESUS
JESUS SAID...MARK WRITES...
Mar_1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH BELIEVES THEY ARE THE KINGDOM OF GOD...AND IT
DOES NOT BELIEVE THE GOSPEL ---SO THAT
EXCLUDES THEM..HERE...
ONE EVEN SAID IT SUCKS...
GIF,

I have NEVER said that baptism ALONE saves anyone....

It is a combination of Jesus' COMMANDS....working from HEARING/Preaching the Word of God is the beginning....
Pad

Rockford, IL

#490957 Nov 12, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That is Christianity screwing up the language.
In the Hebrew texts, which the DSS prove has not changed in 2200 years, the word used is nephesh which still means "living creature" as it has for the last 2200 years.
The Christians translated the word one way for animals and a different way for humans. It is blatant dishonesty.
Much like when Jesus declares himself to be Lucifer in Revelation. They couldn't let that happen so they changed it to Morning Star there but left it Lucifer in Isaiah.
I have one Christard telling me that "stone to death" really means to disown someone.
All because he can't face the fact that Bible God is homicidal maniac.
You must be so frustrated! Such hostility,is that indicative of your character,or are you trying to convince us that we in fact are all c h r i s t a r d s?

Prince George, Canada

#490958 Nov 12, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>June's theology 101. Keep up your own faith,it will be tried as by fire some day dear lady!
You are practicing another curse of Christian witchcraft AGAIN.

Do you honestly believe you can cast a spell on the god of the Jews to reject me ... when you have rejected HIS honorable title which is JEHOVAH???

You must believe that you are indeed VERY powerful!
Liam

Chicago, IL

#490959 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm the devil I tell people that the only thing we have to do to go to Heaven is repent and believe. That way man will think to themselves no way, there has to be more. So man makes up rules and traditions and sacraments and tells others they have to follow these as well as do good works and oh yeah, you have to get baptized if you want to go to Heaven. The devil has convinced man that Jesus Christ's sacrifice at the cross was not enough to make them right with God.
wow!! the devil's plan has worked...
You can't jump from 'Jesus' sacrifice on the cross' to "I'm saved no matter what now".
God didn't remove your free will. You need to endure til the end. So if you are an OSAS subscriber, you can add that to the long list of strange doctrines that was introduced by man.
I don't know that Baptism was the first sacrament that you guys unraveld. I think (but not sure) that most of protestantland didn't change this one. I think the newest opinion on baptism began with the tent revivals in the 50's and really took off with the casualties of the 60's and 70's. I know Lutherans and Methodist and Anglicans preach Baptism with water- infant baptism too.
Leave it to the hippies to really mess things up!

Albuquerque, NM

#490960 Nov 12, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
Philippines.... 2 to 3 million (mostly) Catholics homeless.
Estimates of over 10,000 (mostly) Catholics dead.
If the Catholic God is a just and loving God...
... and if prayers are answered according to the Bible...
... why would there be any need for Catholic Relief Services?
I hope for the best for these victims. I am sorry that some relied on an imaginary god for safety.
The dying may have found comfort in religion, but the living will be receiving aid in the next few days - thanks to applied science, not philosophy or religion.
"God" must hate Catholics.

--OR--

"God" wasn't watching out for "His" followers and "Satan" saw an opportunity to snatch a few souls.

--OR--

"God" has no control over this world.

--OR--

"God" has control, but chose [free will] not to help out innocent children and others.

IMO - "God" has no control over this world.

If you would like to help contribute to these people, because "God" didn't, you can contact the Red Cross and submit your donation.

"You can donate to the Philippine Red Cross by selecting the Supertyphoon Yolanda campaign on their donation page. The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and Red Cross networks from around the world are supporting the Philippine Red Cross."
http://www.redcross.org.ph/

Why not? Since "God" didn't even try to divert the storm, maybe you can help divert more death.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#490961 Nov 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Citation please.
<quoted text>
Citation please.
Or in honesty HD, you don't have diddly squat and are just trying to still mislead others.
This is why I left your organization, I couldn't handle all the continuous lying to people by your followers.
This fact alone shows that your church is anything but "true".
But what is more important NAS is:did you throw out the baby with the bath water? A proclamation of faith would be welcome from you,you however spend all of your time dicing us for believing in the Holy One of Israel,The God of all Creation who gave His only begotten Son,that whosoever would believe,will receive the gift of Eternal Life.Jesus is the Son the Second Person of the Godhead,God is O N E consisting of Father,Son and Holy Spirit.They being O N E are complete in all truth,purpose and WILL!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#490962 Nov 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Could the sacrifice of bulls and goats save anyone from their sins in the Old Covenant?
Could John the Baptist baptism save anyone from their sins?
What does the Word of God say....
Hebrews 9:15
15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—~~~~~now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.~~~~~
Genesis 15:6 And he believed the Lord, and he counted it to him as righteousness.

John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad.”

Saved by faith alone...all of us
Pad

Rockford, IL

#490964 Nov 12, 2013
<quoted text>
"God" must hate Catholics.
--OR--
"God" wasn't watching out for "His" followers and "Satan" saw an opportunity to snatch a few souls.
--OR--
"God" has no control over this world.
--OR--
"God" has control, but chose [free will] not to help out innocent children and others.
IMO - "God" has no control over this world.
If you would like to help contribute to these people, because "God" didn't, you can contact the Red Cross and submit your donation.
"You can donate to the Philippine Red Cross by selecting the Supertyphoon Yolanda campaign on their donation page. The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and Red Cross networks from around the world are supporting the Philippine Red Cross."
http://www.redcross.org.ph/
Why not? Since "God" didn't even try to divert the storm, maybe you can help divert more death.
Commendable post NASL,common sense and human endeavor to help rather than to judge!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#490965 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dead to sin.
When Christians come to faith in Christ we no longer allow sin to control our lives...we are dead to sin. This does not come from baptism.
How?? by the sacrifice of Christ...repentance and faith.
Romans 7:9

9 Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died.

Did the Law of Moses (Old Covenant) save anyone, Chuck???

NO!!!!!!!!!!

The Apostle Paul in Romans Chapter 5 (I believe) has revealed that the Law of Moses does not save, as it did not justify, and did not provide the forgiveness of sins.

The Law of Moses EXPOSED sin and DEFINED what sin was.

Albuquerque, NM

#490966 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How funny you are when you try to pretend you are not here to lead others to your "SELF's" self-perceived "wisdom."
Do you believe that the god Jehovah was and is Jesus' father??? After all ... that is also part and parcel of the supposedly DIVINE theology.
Wow - you actually do know how to ask an intelligent question.

I'm impressed.

:o)

Sure, I'll believe it - do I get a gold star today?
Liam

Chicago, IL

#490967 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm the devil I tell people that the only thing we have to do to go to Heaven is repent and believe. That way man will think to themselves no way, there has to be more. So man makes up rules and traditions and sacraments and tells others they have to follow these as well as do good works and oh yeah, you have to get baptized if you want to go to Heaven. The devil has convinced man that Jesus Christ's sacrifice at the cross was not enough to make them right with God.
wow!! the devil's plan has worked...
The Sacraments are the word of God. They were installed by Jesus Christ and preached by the Apostles. You're on the outside of the Church looking in. So to you, they look like unnecessary rituals and symbols. Thankfully, your opinion on it has no bearing on the truth. The word of God can't be silenced.
What's that? Oh the word of God is only what some of the Apostles managed to document in writing? Do you happen to have a Bible verse that says the word of God is only what's been documented in writing?
You guys use about 1/3 of the word of God. I'm amazed you have some semblance of a religion. However, the spiraling chaos of the born again evangelical movement is displayed for all to see. At least normal protestants have some semblance of order and continuity. They are being dissected every year though. Many Lutheran and Anglicans have come home to Rome lately.

Albuquerque, NM

#490968 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
We are putting all our FAITH in your theological KNOWLEDGE!
YEAH ... RIGHT!!!

Okay, thanks!

I'm going to tag/mark this post and use it against you later.

Albuquerque, NM

#490969 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
How was Abraham saved?
Marduk gave him solice.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#490970 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't try to flaunt your imaginary Jesus in my face as being based on truth ... you hypocrite.
You won't even worship the supposed ONLY father of your supposed savior.
Ridiculous human animal!!!
CALL ME WHAT YOU WISH...

AS I SAID BEFORE...JUST BECAUSE YOU spin you opinion.... DOES NOT MAKE IT SO...

YOU HAVE NO CREDIBILITY.....

I HAVE HEARD your wind BLOW BEFORE ....MANY TIMES OVER,

the years

YOU DO SERVE ONE PURPOSE HERE...THAT ENCOURAGES ME...

~~~

AS AN EMISSARY .... OF YOUR FATHER THE

DEVIL...

YOU PROVE TO US THAT WE ARE IRRITATING TO HIM,

THAT WE ARE KNOWN IN THE NETHER WORLD AS HIS ENEMY...

YOU nor your father HAS ANY POWER OVER ANY OF US..

AND WE WILL NOT RELINQUISH/GIVE ANY TO YOU OR HIM...

Mat 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min UMORONRACEUMAKEWO... 119,216
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 12 min bad bob 2,612
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Rider on the Storm 184,831
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr waaasssuuup 445,838
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Peter Ross 6,269
Iranian Brother & Sister wanted For FRAUD!!! 4 hr Bella Esmail Moore 1
______ *ANTICHRIST in plain view / (*News) ______ 5 hr NewsYTube 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
More from around the web