Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654174 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#490882 Nov 12, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
Religion - Philosophy - Science
Yes, there is a philosophy of science:
http://undsci.berkeley.edu/article/philosophy
There is no conflict between philosophy and science, because philosophy does not begin with any pre-determined dogmatic answers.
OK, the first science discipline was started through religion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relationship_bet...
However, the scientific method we know today never begins with an hypothesis which includes possible mysticism.
When Catholicism ruled supreme ... only members of the Catholic clergy were allowed to practice science.

What a joke!

Prince George, Canada

#490883 Nov 12, 2013
You Christians believe that you can yank a Jewish savior out of a Jewish woman put on earth by a Jewish GOD, and make that Jew do YOUR bidding.

If you believe that JEHOVAH intends to let you mock him and then reward you FOR mocking him ... I suggest you underestimate the power of THAT one and only Abrahamic GOD.

You are NOT supposed to have any gods before him OR after him.

The Jewish theologians simply forgot to add the "after him" words in their theological fuss to be perceived as the only truth-tellers on earth.

Prince George, Canada

#490884 Nov 12, 2013
Philippines.... 2 to 3 million (mostly) Catholics homeless.
Estimates of over 10,000 (mostly) Catholics dead.
If the Catholic God is a just and loving God...
... and if prayers are answered according to the Bible...
... why would there be any need for Catholic Relief Services?
I hope for the best for these victims. I am sorry that some relied on an imaginary god for safety.
The dying may have found comfort in religion, but the living will be receiving aid in the next few days - thanks to applied science, not philosophy or religion.
Some god HUH???

Religion is BUNK!!!
Liam

Chicago, IL

#490885 Nov 12, 2013
If I'm the Devil, the first thing I do is create sola scripture. Once you are scrambling through the pages looking for your desired faith, I get y'all to unravel the sacraments, starting with Baptism. Then I set my sights on the Eucharist. Now I got you all in the abyss of defining your own truths; your own Christianity. its an easy strategy..
Look at the newest Christian sects popping up in this century alone. Heck, they look nothin like the born again movements of the 20th century! Marriage is destroyed and everyone is running around announcing how saved they are. Mission accomplished.

Prince George, Canada

#490886 Nov 12, 2013
Religion - Philosophy - Science
The Catholic "scientists" had complete faith that cruelty was the main aim of the supposed god that they worshipped.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Microbe Hunters by Paul de Kruif … published 1926

“Life lives on life—it is cruel, but it is God’s will,” he pondered.“And it is for our good, of course
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#490887 Nov 12, 2013
OBEDIENCE.....

2 Kings 5:10-14

10 Elisha sent a messenger to say to him,“Go, wash yourself seven times in the Jordan, and your <<<FLESH>>> will be restored and you will be cleansed.”

***FLESH will be restored....

How do we RESTORE our SOUL???

11 But Naaman went away angry and said,“I thought that he would surely come out to me and stand and call on the name of the Lord his God,~~~wave his hand over the spot and cure me of my leprosy.~~~

***Can any person TODAY wave their hands over anyone and save them???

12 Are not Abana and Pharpar, the RIVERS of Damascus, better than all the WATERS of Israel? Couldn’t I wash in them and be cleansed?” So he turned and went off in a RAGE.

13 Naaman’s servants went to him and said,*****“My father, if the prophet had told you to do some great thing, would you not have done it? How much more, then, when he tells you,‘Wash and be cleansed’!”*****

***WASH AND BE CLEANSED.....

How do we CLEAN ourselves SPIRITUALLY???

14 So he went down and DIPPED himself in the JORDON seven times, as the man of God had told him, and ~~~~~his flesh was restored and became clean like that of a young boy.~~~~~

OBEDIENCE....

He dipped himself in the Jordon SEVEN times....

AS THE MAN OF GOD HAD TOLD HIM.....

His flesh was RESTORED and became CLEAN like that of a young boy.

***Now, if he can clean/restore his flesh (physical)....how can we clean/restore our souls (spiritual) as to the OBEDIENCE to the Word of God???

Prince George, Canada

#490888 Nov 12, 2013

So Antony Leeuwenhoek accepted everything and praised everything, and in this he was a child of his time, for in his century searchers had not yet, like Pasteur who came after them, begun to challenge God, to shake their fists at the meaningless cruelties of nature toward mankind, her children.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#490889 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
If I'm the Devil, the first thing I do is create sola scripture. Once you are scrambling through the pages looking for your desired faith, I get y'all to unravel the sacraments, starting with Baptism. Then I set my sights on the Eucharist. Now I got you all in the abyss of defining your own truths; your own Christianity. its an easy strategy..
Look at the newest Christian sects popping up in this century alone. Heck, they look nothin like the born again movements of the 20th century! Marriage is destroyed and everyone is running around announcing how saved they are. Mission accomplished.
They have no idea of what they are being saved from....

Prince George, Canada

#490890 Nov 12, 2013

And the shrewd young Spallanzani went to the University at Reggio, with his father’s blessing, to take up the career of scientist.

At this time it was much more respectable and safe to be a scientist than it had been when Leeuwenhoek began his first grinding lenses. The Grand Inquisition was beginning to pull in its horns. It preferred jerking out the tongues of obscure alleged criminals and burning the bodies of unknown heretics, to persecuting Servetuses and Galileos. The Invisible College no longer met in cellars or darkened rooms, and learned societies all over were now given generous support of parliaments and kings. It was not only beginning to be permitted to question superstitions, it was becoming fashionable to do it.

Prince George, Canada

#490891 Nov 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
OBEDIENCE.....
OBEDIENCE to the one and only ABRAHAMIC god JEHOVAH will put you on the righteous track.

Otherwise you are doomed to burn in the fiery pits of Gehenna.

It was written!
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#490892 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
Are you the devil?

Speaking of destroying marriage, are you defending 60,000 annulments per year?

Maybe the devil lives in a glass house, with no mirrors.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#490893 Nov 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
OBEDIENCE.....
2 Kings 5:10-14
10 Elisha sent a messenger to say to him,“Go, wash yourself seven times in the Jordan, and your <<<FLESH>>> will be restored and you will be cleansed.”
***FLESH will be restored....
How do we RESTORE our SOUL???
11 But Naaman went away angry and said,“I thought that he would surely come out to me and stand and call on the name of the Lord his God,~~~wave his hand over the spot and cure me of my leprosy.~~~
***Can any person TODAY wave their hands over anyone and save them???
12 Are not Abana and Pharpar, the RIVERS of Damascus, better than all the WATERS of Israel? Couldn’t I wash in them and be cleansed?” So he turned and went off in a RAGE.
13 Naaman’s servants went to him and said,*****“My father, if the prophet had told you to do some great thing, would you not have done it? How much more, then, when he tells you,‘Wash and be cleansed’!”*****
***WASH AND BE CLEANSED.....
How do we CLEAN ourselves SPIRITUALLY???
14 So he went down and DIPPED himself in the JORDON seven times, as the man of God had told him, and ~~~~~his flesh was restored and became clean like that of a young boy.~~~~~
OBEDIENCE....
He dipped himself in the Jordon SEVEN times....
AS THE MAN OF GOD HAD TOLD HIM.....
His flesh was RESTORED and became CLEAN like that of a young boy.
***Now, if he can clean/restore his flesh (physical)....how can we clean/restore our souls (spiritual) as to the OBEDIENCE to the Word of God???
No use of water other than DIPPING would do (OBEDIENCE to God.)

No number but SEVEN times was proper (OBEDIENCE to God.)

The simple fact remains.....he was cured by God’s grace.....

when and only when, he ACCEPTED it in OBEDIENT FAITH.....

water was the point or place where the CLEANSING was done by the WORKING of God.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#490894 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic "scientists" had complete faith that cruelty was the main aim of the supposed god that they worshipped.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
“Life lives on life—it is cruel, but it is God’s will,” he pondered.“And it is for our good, of course
Good point..

“Life lives on life—it is cruel, but it is God’s will,” he pondered.“And it is for our good."

I wonder how many millions in Mexico City tell themselves that every day?

Prince George, Canada

#490895 Nov 12, 2013
You just had to offer them bliss in an afterlife ... and the gullible ones, in all their different cults would follow any lines written by men.

That is the long and ridiculous history of religion.

"MY SAVIOR LOVES ME ... ME ... ME ... ME ... ME ... me ... me ... me ... yawn........yaaawwwwwnnnnn ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
marge

Leesburg, GA

#490896 Nov 12, 2013
He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#490897 Nov 12, 2013
…31"He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. 32"And we are witnesses of these things; and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him."

Prince George, Canada

#490898 Nov 12, 2013
"MY SAVIOR" ... as in ownership.

"OUR SAVIOR" ... also as in ownership of the savior ... but only if you belong to our group of believers.

"You can't have part ownership in our SAVIOR unless WE give you permission for him to give you HIS love!"

Silly people!!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#490899 Nov 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck,
Yes by Faith/Belief and the Blood of Jesus Christ....
Hebrews 9:15
15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—~~~~~now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.(Old Covenant)~~~~~
Why is it necessary and a COMMAND to be baptized into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ?????
You add baptism for folks today Hank. Given them a different qualification for salvation than those like Abraham. That's just not the case.

The death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ is what baptism represents. Our old selves have died(into the water) and we have new life in Christ(out of the water). Baptism represents we as Christians have a new life with Christ.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#490900 Nov 12, 2013
She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."
marge

Leesburg, GA

#490902 Nov 12, 2013
46and He said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day, 47and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min crucifiedguy 281,895
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Happy Lesbo 64,160
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 11 min sharps war 9,370
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 53 min Joe Fortuna 973,853
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Annaleigh 106,551
If you dare date a nigerian man. (Aug '13) 1 hr Keke 84
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Student 45,249
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 21 hr andy 43
More from around the web