Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
473,421 - 473,440 of 533,887 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They wouldn't want you to get the idea that the god that SAVES them has an evil thought whatsoever in his invisible mind!
That is why they won't acknowledge that within the theology Jehovah (the one and only Abrahamic god) CREATED evil.
Agreed.

I am constantly informed by Christians that the Bible is a pack of lies. <smile>

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Humor ... how to start a new religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
1963: The Reformed Druids of North America begins as a protest against a requirement that students at Carleton College, in Minnesota, attend religious services. Since any religious service would count, some students, including Robert Larson, started RDNA as a humorous way to test the system. The founders were Jewish, Christian and agnostic and did not intend to start a new religion. However, it subsequently evolves into one and spreads.
http://www.americanneopaganism.com/neopaganis...
Cool! Smart folks!
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And I suggest that from all I have studied, all myths were written by theologians ... and that the Jesus-myth is simply a re-run of other almost identical myths taught in other religions by previous theologians.
Jesus is not a myth, goofy; Christ is the myth.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe religion was and is all theological nonsense and not worthy of attention.
We already comprehend that if we don't want to be bullied by others, we should try not to bully them with harsh words, or harsh treatment.
Thanks for a good laugh June,"not worthy of attention." For someone who says this,you sure spend a lot of time on this thread trying to prove the theological believers wrong. There must be something we are missing about you?
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that the first Jews to write a supposed holy book based on the one-god dogma indicated in the book that they were god's chosen few ... period.
But humans, being greedy, more Jews came along with a new version of "truth" that indicated a messiah would be coming, and that left an opening for a new religion.
And PRESTO ... Christianity with the Jesus-myth appeared on the scene.
The Hebrew Bible is littered with gods, silly.

Baal comes to mind.

Much of that canon spends its time claiming the Hebrew god is more powerful than any of the alternatives.

It reads much like a script for a Tide commercial.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Much of the same is recorded for Nicaea and other councils also.
The "Orthodox" isn't alone in it's strife.
Thanks to all the squabble and fighting we still have a faith,the bible and the fellowship of the believer today.We can disagree,but no more to the death do we have to go with our arguments.But we canlearn and reach out together in faith.It is starting to snow here in the Mid-west,not supposeto accumulate to much.Have to run.Take care!
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for a good laugh June,"not worthy of attention." For someone who says this,you sure spend a lot of time on this thread trying to prove the theological believers wrong. There must be something we are missing about you?
She has a religion, just like you.

She's Einstein's fanatical atheist:
Einstein wrote:
<quoted text>I was barked at by numerous dogs [religious fanatics] who are earning their food guarding ignorance and superstition for the benefit of those who profit from it. Then there are the fanatical atheists whose intolerance is of the same kind as the intolerance of the religious fanatics and comes from the same source. They are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures who—in their grudge against the traditional "opium of the people"—cannot bear the music of the spheres.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with that.

Jesus is accepted as a real historical figure by many scholars outside of Christianity.

"Christ" is a pagan deity that took about 300 years to create and is still a mutable mythology.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Baal comes to mind.
Much of that canon spends its time claiming the Hebrew god is more powerful than any of the alternatives.
It reads much like a script for a Tide commercial.
LOL

Very true!

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks to all the squabble and fighting we still have a faith,...
Nope.
You have 40,000 disagreeing cults all claiming the others are liars and frauds and damned to Hell.

Honesty is not a single one of the 40,000 cults' doctrines it seems.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
I am constantly informed by Christians that the Bible is a pack of lies. <smile>
They pick the scriptures that they are certain depict other believers as evil servants of a devil ... and their selves as holy servants of a holy god.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool! Smart folks!
Unfortunately the link is not an established organization and only includes "links" to other "Google" queries:

http://www.americanneopaganism.com/search_caf... PDF&afdToken=CrwBChMI8ZmQ6 qbdugIVC9mECh1qcAA1GAEgAlDPrPY PUKeC9w9Qq6SbEVCmvLURUOC9tRFQ5 rzlEVDCxdwTUObMtBVQhuXoFlDsnK0 pUJ3ili5Q24CzclDw-JSVAVCE--2XA VC7vaqnAVDZvaqnAVC1qKKyAVCxvq_ HAXH2dE8iXCJowYIBEwjgtpPqpt26A hUF6YQKHawrAJKNAYUtJvCRAafVoTb Ycm1hkQEU3eQu0Opk05EB5wWqRLWhw OcSGQCchQJKAAwRiLHUenBCTZrjS_w p15Vmv2c

June does this ever so often.....think she has some supporting information, but in fact, it is really just a ruse to make herself look good.

I still can't understand how it took her so many decades to speak out against something she states as: "I never believed".

Remember - she's only been a "non-Christian" for only about 4 years, and IMO - appears to be limited in her "Agnostic" view, except for a couple fo books that contain quotes from others.
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with that.
Jesus is accepted as a real historical figure by many scholars outside of Christianity.
"Christ" is a pagan deity that took about 300 years to create and is still a mutable mythology.
As you know, competent, non-believing scholars overwhelmingly hold that Jesus was an historical personage who was melded into the mythical Christ.

Doesn't make it so -- just highly probable.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Very distinct differences.

Thanks Chess!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Baal comes to mind.
Some Jews believe that the one god's title is Elohim, while others believe his name is ADONAI, et cetera ... and some even believe that the term G-D must be used as a show of respect.

But if you ask any Jew of the one-god dogma if there are multiple gods, I suggest they will say that it all pertains to one god, as they would never admit to being polytheists.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Take your pick! Each group of Jews had their own title for their own image of a god. But unlike the Catholics, Muslims and Protestants, the gods at least DID have titles.

Note "The eternal 'one.'"
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Tetragrammaton 1.1 Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh
1.2 Yah
1.3 Adonai
1.4 HaShem
1.5 Adoshem
1.6 YHWH Tzevaot

2 Other names and titles of God in Judaism 2.1 Adonai
2.2 Baali
2.3 El
2.4 Elah
2.5 Eloah
2.6 Elohim
2.7 El Roi
2.8 El Shaddai
2.9 Elyon
2.10 The Eternal One
2.11 Shalom
2.12 Shekhinah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_ ...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
June does this ever so often.....think she has some supporting information, but in fact, it is really just a ruse to make herself look good.
I always use the ONLY link that is provided at the top of the page.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they were WILD. And the strong ones such as the popes, kings, queens and emperors won out in the end, IF they were not disposed of their selves.
Religion always was a war of who had the most military power.
I suggest you keep in mind that in Constantine's era twenty emperors were assassinated in one century.
That is WHY he gave control to the Catholics in the hopes of religion becoming ONE system of belief.
As you can see ... his plan didn't work. The crazies are still at it today ... fighting over who the gods love and who the gods will reject.
I know that Constantine's goal was political- to unite the empire. He knew little theology. The first council would not have been swayed by him anyway. Most had been already tortured under the Diocletian persecution and had not wavered.Christianity was already in effect underground before Constantine.His move to end persecution let it grow exponentially.I still have difficulty with my Church making him a saint.I can express that to my Church and they will accept my freedom of thought. I still am checking your 20 Emperors assassinated statement.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is a mythical figurine of the new testament.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Very distinct differences.
Thanks Chess!
No difference at all.

To most Christians, the word Christ and the word Jesus are interchangeable.

Note how this author uses the word "Christ" as meaning Jesus.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

All History ignores Him.

The fact that Christ finds no place in the history of the era in which he lived,—that not one event of his life is recorded by anybody but his own interested and prejudiced biographers,—settles the conclusion, beyond cavil or criticism, that the godlike achievements ascribed to him are naught but fable or fiction.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I still have difficulty with my Church making him a saint.I can express that to my Church and they will accept my freedom of thought.
Back in the day when the popes had all the say, you would have found your self burned at the stake as a heretic.

There was no freedom of thought, unless the thought was aligned to the pope in power. And if you call THAT freedom of thought, I suggest you are wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

351 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min ocxz 115,881
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 7 min Twerkmybooty69 163
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min River Tam 722,603
does parents like having sex infront of their k... (May '13) 8 min teague 70
Situs Poker Online terpercaya dan aman 18 min situspokeronline 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min AussieBobby 257,192
GMO foods and you! 1 hr Hidingfromyou 71
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 8 hr varun 125
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 9 hr bottom1980 484