Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595910 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Griffco13

Plymouth, MA

#490634 Nov 11, 2013
A Great Song for ALL Belivers.

http://youtu.be/Z1DewIW0LKM
Griffco13

Plymouth, MA

#490635 Nov 11, 2013
Sorry for the wrong song.

http://youtu.be/5PsPGpCdQe8
Chess

Columbus, OH

#490636 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help it if the links don't work. It often happens to other people, and I don't believe that "they" are trying to deceive.
Yes. Yes, you can help it.

Lack of deception, at least in the one case, was the point of my post.

I was defending you by touting your ignorance.

I'm good that way.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490637 Nov 11, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I have had a Pepsi Cola,but never have had a Pope.
I've never had a pope either.

But, as popes were one time married, it seems that others "have had" encounters of the first kind with popes.

:)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#490638 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm here to debate ideas. You are here to preach your religion as being based on the one and only truth.
If you can't stand the heat, I suggest that you go back to your churchy group that reinforces the idea that you are special to Jehovah, or Yahweh, or ADONAI, or Elohim, or whatever title you find preferable.
I don't intend to play your game of religious up-man-shit.
You don't debate for the most part you put down and criticize those that do believe in God. You chose not to believe and for your reasons it suits you. For others, we chose to believe for our own reasons. You are a very negative person who refuses to see another point of view. You are one of those people that you accuse us of being. You are so sure that you are correct and others are in the wrong....I will tell you that I am not here to preach my faith to you or anyone else here. I would not waste my time. I much rather spread caring and compassion to others and defend those that are in need. I don't have to be right,I don't have to be smarter, I don't have to be the brightest star in the night. I just have to be selfless,compassionate,and to respect others.And yes even to you but you make it very hard.I don't play games with peoples emotions and I have no clue what an "up-man-s__ t" is..
Chess

Columbus, OH

#490639 Nov 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
```
You are evidently a demonic figure charading as a human being...
Demons are pretend, child.

They only annoy the deceived.

June annoys everyone.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490640 Nov 11, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
BibleGod may love whomever he wishes.
But since he's pretend, he really doesn't wish to.
Hahahahaha

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490641 Nov 11, 2013
The Use and Misuse of Language … edited by S. I. Hayakawa … first published 1943.

If there is one thing certain, the truth will not be caught once and for all in a net of words alone, nor does it like to be imprisoned in theory; it is much too fond of its liberty.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490642 Nov 11, 2013
Recently while conversing with another woman about religion, her defense was that those in churches give each other "support." I agreed, and when I asked her if what they teach within the church is based on truth, she informed me that "truth" comes in many layers.

That was news to me, as I always thought that only lies came in layers.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#490643 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't celebrate Christmas, and yet I am not at all offended by other people celebrating Christmas ... as long as they keep their baubles off of government property.
That smacks of Christian favoritism, as no other religion is allowed that statement of "We are special!"
And no Atheists are allowed to put banners on government property that make the statement that we don't believe in celebrating the birth of a savior, because we don't believe in a supposed savior.
Tolerance is NOT your aim at all. You have a very haughty attitude that Christians ought to be special on earth AND in the hereafter.
Actually not true ..big old scrolls,..explaining why they don't believe right next to Nativity scenes,..saw it a,couple of years,ago ..And I personally have no problem with it .

However there,are people going around to towns,thousands,of miles,away ..to be offended . It's,ridicous,..now if I PAY taxes,in a,town I understand,..I might take offense,if I walked by..But this,other is,just foolish for he,sake,of getting donations,..attention..

It's s,like digging up the detail ..10blocks,away looking for grass,I don't like,on city property I never see,anyway ..

If a majority in a,town has,a, century old tradition ..the,whole,town turns out ..sings,songs,.. it's,their business,.

But outside,agitators,collect money to go and,agitate,

What happened to letting neighbors,be neighbors,..no s one,CAUSE has to butt in ..it's,ridiculous,..

I fully expect next that crosses ..And,Pacific stars,be dug up out of national cemeteries,...it might offend,some guy in Wisconsin.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490644 Nov 11, 2013
In order to allow truth to play its role, we must wait until we die to find out if life continues, or if death of the physical body is the end of awareness.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

The Use and Misuse of Language … edited by S. I. Hayakawa … first published 1943.

Anyone who has the temerity to speak of “truth” usually finds that he is performing verbal dances around the word truth, rather than letting truth perform for itself.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490645 Nov 11, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>

I'm good that way.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#490646 Nov 11, 2013
Hogwash!!!!!!

Pope Benedict: Holy Roman 'Church of God'?- theTrumpet.com
www.thetrumpet.com/.../roman-catholicism/pope... ...
by Ron Fraser - in 297 Google+ circles
Aug 26, 2013 - Chiesa reported of Benedict that “He wanted 'Church of God' to be ... Though the change is only really coming to light now to the eyes of the Catholic public,.... I am really serious about finding the true Church but it is not easy.

Pope: Jesus formed 'only one church'- World news - Europe - The ...
www.nbcnews.com/id/19692094&#8206 ;
Jul 10, 2007 - Pope: Other denominations not true churches. Benedict issues statement asserting that Jesus established 'only one church'... Italy — Pope Benedict XVI has reasserted the universal primacy of the Roman Catholic Church,...

Skeptical Christian: Pope Benedict: Catholic Church Only True ...
www.skepticalchristian.com/pope-benedict-cath... ;
Pope Benedict: Catholic Church Only True Church? Pope Benedict has recently released a statement which is causing quite a stir in the Christian community.

Pope: Only One "True" Church - CBS News
www.cbsnews.com/2100-202_162-3037922.html&... ;
Feb 11, 2009 - Pope: Only One "True" Church. Pope Benedict XVI has reasserted the universal primacy of the Roman Catholic Church, approving a document ...
Chess

Columbus, OH

#490647 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because you place high value ON the new testament ... but only the parts that you personally treasure.
You don't want to admit that Jehovah created evil, as that is no fun for you whatsoever to believe THAT is true.
Silly goose!
You're pretending about me again, goofy.

BTW, your pretending about Jehovah, too.

He didn't create anything.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#490648 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They pick the scriptures that they are certain depict other believers as evil servants of a devil ... and their selves as holy servants of a holy god.
They go insane when verses from their own book contradicts them.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490649 Nov 11, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>

June annoys everyone.

Especially when I wish for peace for "everyone" if in turn there just should happen to be an afterlife.

It takes away that "SPECIAL" self-centered dogma from religion. And without people believing that the gods find them irresistible and perceive others as putrid ... what profit is their in staying IN such a group-setting of religion?

No emotional profit whatsoever.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#490650 Nov 11, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately the link is not an established organization and only includes "links" to other "Google" queries:
http://www.americanneopaganism.com/search_caf... PDF&afdToken=CrwBChMI8ZmQ6 qbdugIVC9mECh1qcAA1GAEgAlDPrPY PUKeC9w9Qq6SbEVCmvLURUOC9tRFQ5 rzlEVDCxdwTUObMtBVQhuXoFlDsnK0 pUJ3ili5Q24CzclDw-JSVAVCE--2XA VC7vaqnAVDZvaqnAVC1qKKyAVCxvq_ HAXH2dE8iXCJowYIBEwjgtpPqpt26A hUF6YQKHawrAJKNAYUtJvCRAafVoTb Ycm1hkQEU3eQu0Opk05EB5wWqRLWhw OcSGQCchQJKAAwRiLHUenBCTZrjS_w p15Vmv2c
June does this ever so often.....think she has some supporting information, but in fact, it is really just a ruse to make herself look good.
I still can't understand how it took her so many decades to speak out against something she states as: "I never believed".
Remember - she's only been a "non-Christian" for only about 4 years, and IMO - appears to be limited in her "Agnostic" view, except for a couple fo books that contain quotes from others.
I was alive when many of these religions were created. From Wicca and (American) Druidism to "Reborn" and the latest incarnation of "fundamentalism and Literalism" Christian cults.

As long as you tell people what they want to hear, you can invent a religion. Been that way for thousands of years.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#490651 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
No difference at all.
To most Christians, the word Christ and the word Jesus are interchangeable.
Note how this author uses the word "Christ" as meaning Jesus.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.
All History ignores Him.
The fact that Christ finds no place in the history of the era in which he lived,—that not one event of his life is recorded by anybody but his own interested and prejudiced biographers,—settles the conclusion, beyond cavil or criticism, that the godlike achievements ascribed to him are naught but fable or fiction.
Of course so-called "Christians" think this, erroneously of course. I can see and understand why you would play this card.

"Jesus" - a man who lived and taught a form of philosophy
"Christ" - a divine entity that people applied to Jesus the man, who they FEEL or HAV FAITH that he rose in bodily form from the dead.

Distinct differences.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#490652 Nov 11, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually not true ..big old scrolls,..explaining why they don't believe right next to Nativity scenes,..saw it a,couple of years,ago ..And I personally have no problem with it .
However there,are people going around to towns,thousands,of miles,away ..to be offended . It's,ridicous,..now if I PAY taxes,in a,town I understand,..I might take offense,if I walked by..But this,other is,just foolish for he,sake,of getting donations,..attention..
It's s,like digging up the detail ..10blocks,away looking for grass,I don't like,on city property I never see,anyway ..
If a majority in a,town has,a, century old tradition ..the,whole,town turns out ..sings,songs,.. it's,their business,.
But outside,agitators,collect money to go and,agitate,
What happened to letting neighbors,be neighbors,..no s one,CAUSE has to butt in ..it's,ridiculous,..
I fully expect next that crosses ..And,Pacific stars,be dug up out of national cemeteries,...it might offend,some guy in Wisconsin.
You've been watching Fox News Again, huh?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#490653 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help it if the links don't work. It often happens to other people, and I don't believe that "they" are trying to deceive.
Then maybe you shouldn't be like other people, and verify their veracity before presenting them as support.

DOH!!

Them not working would have been your first guess that they were not valid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 4 min MUQ2 636
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min MUQ2 272,056
how to download Unlimited Diamonds and Coins 18 min point-9O8 1
Rajkot gay Topix 19 min nalin 152
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 23 min Burke Devlin 444,123
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 27 min Rosa_Winkel 853,864
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 30 min MUQ2 40,688
The Christian Atheist debate 47 min Burke Devlin 775
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr DebraE 100,727
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 hr Truths 612,594