Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 691950 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#490893 Nov 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
OBEDIENCE.....
2 Kings 5:10-14
10 Elisha sent a messenger to say to him,“Go, wash yourself seven times in the Jordan, and your <<<FLESH>>> will be restored and you will be cleansed.”
***FLESH will be restored....
How do we RESTORE our SOUL???
11 But Naaman went away angry and said,“I thought that he would surely come out to me and stand and call on the name of the Lord his God,~~~wave his hand over the spot and cure me of my leprosy.~~~
***Can any person TODAY wave their hands over anyone and save them???
12 Are not Abana and Pharpar, the RIVERS of Damascus, better than all the WATERS of Israel? Couldn’t I wash in them and be cleansed?” So he turned and went off in a RAGE.
13 Naaman’s servants went to him and said,*****“My father, if the prophet had told you to do some great thing, would you not have done it? How much more, then, when he tells you,‘Wash and be cleansed’!”*****
***WASH AND BE CLEANSED.....
How do we CLEAN ourselves SPIRITUALLY???
14 So he went down and DIPPED himself in the JORDON seven times, as the man of God had told him, and ~~~~~his flesh was restored and became clean like that of a young boy.~~~~~
OBEDIENCE....
He dipped himself in the Jordon SEVEN times....
AS THE MAN OF GOD HAD TOLD HIM.....
His flesh was RESTORED and became CLEAN like that of a young boy.
***Now, if he can clean/restore his flesh (physical)....how can we clean/restore our souls (spiritual) as to the OBEDIENCE to the Word of God???
No use of water other than DIPPING would do (OBEDIENCE to God.)

No number but SEVEN times was proper (OBEDIENCE to God.)

The simple fact remains.....he was cured by God’s grace.....

when and only when, he ACCEPTED it in OBEDIENT FAITH.....

water was the point or place where the CLEANSING was done by the WORKING of God.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#490894 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic "scientists" had complete faith that cruelty was the main aim of the supposed god that they worshipped.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
Microbe Hunters by Paul de Kruif … published 1926
“Life lives on life—it is cruel, but it is God’s will,” he pondered.“And it is for our good, of course
Good point..

“Life lives on life—it is cruel, but it is God’s will,” he pondered.“And it is for our good."

I wonder how many millions in Mexico City tell themselves that every day?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#490895 Nov 12, 2013
You just had to offer them bliss in an afterlife ... and the gullible ones, in all their different cults would follow any lines written by men.

That is the long and ridiculous history of religion.

"MY SAVIOR LOVES ME ... ME ... ME ... ME ... ME ... me ... me ... me ... yawn........yaaawwwwwnnnnn ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
marge

Leesburg, GA

#490896 Nov 12, 2013
He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#490897 Nov 12, 2013
…31"He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. 32"And we are witnesses of these things; and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#490898 Nov 12, 2013
"MY SAVIOR" ... as in ownership.

"OUR SAVIOR" ... also as in ownership of the savior ... but only if you belong to our group of believers.

"You can't have part ownership in our SAVIOR unless WE give you permission for him to give you HIS love!"

Silly people!!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#490899 Nov 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck,
Yes by Faith/Belief and the Blood of Jesus Christ....
Hebrews 9:15
15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—~~~~~now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.(Old Covenant)~~~~~
Why is it necessary and a COMMAND to be baptized into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ?????
You add baptism for folks today Hank. Given them a different qualification for salvation than those like Abraham. That's just not the case.

The death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ is what baptism represents. Our old selves have died(into the water) and we have new life in Christ(out of the water). Baptism represents we as Christians have a new life with Christ.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#490900 Nov 12, 2013
She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."
marge

Leesburg, GA

#490902 Nov 12, 2013
46and He said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day, 47and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#490903 Nov 12, 2013
All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#490904 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the theology that you ignore ... HIS HOLY NAME is JEHOVAH. Yet you refuse him and his Judaism as being his most HOLY gift to you.
WOE be unto you!!!
HEY ... this preaching is a whole lot of fun! I didn't know what I was missing ... until NOW.
:)
~~~

HIS HOLY NAME is JEHOVAH. Yet you refuse him and his Judaism as being his most HOLY gift to you.
WOE be unto you!!!

Wrong..Quite the contrary

I do not refuse his Judaism....

I accept Judaism

Christianity cannot exist with out the foundation of Judaism...

fact is ..CHRISTIANITY cannot exist without it's roots ...

READ THE FACTS...JUDAISM DOES NOT DEPEND UPON CHRISTIANITY ...

IT IS QUITE THE OPPOSITE...

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

~~~

Roman Catholicism has no roots in Judaism....nor IN the OLD TESTAMENT

It is a parasite that has assumed it's self upon

PETER

ONE OF THE BRANCHES OF the tree...

like poison ivy...

IT IS A SAP SUCKER THAT HAS WRAPPED ITSELF AROUND THIS BRANCH (PETER)...

IT HAS

A SEPARATE IDENTITY,

SANS THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT... WITH NO CHRISTIAN STANDARD OF HOLINESS.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#490905 Nov 12, 2013
Those that are blinded by hypnosis that they are special to the gods, don't want to hear anything other than what their preachers keep on hypnotizing into their psyches ... OR what they keep hypnotizing into their own psyches.

Over time deep ruts are grooved into the psyches and nothing else will be allowed to enter ... unless questions come to light of how the hypnosis first took root.

Cults ... one and all!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#490906 Nov 12, 2013
There is only ONE major reason why people cling to religion.

They want to believe that a god or gods find them "acceptable" ...and in turn that is because they are unable to accept that they are whole and lovable without any outside input.

Religion teaches that the only important part of humans is their souls and their souls BELONG to the gods.

What a shame!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#490907 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#490908 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
If I'm the Devil, the first thing I do is create sola scripture.
If I'm the devil I tell people that the only thing we have to do to go to Heaven is repent and believe. That way man will think to themselves no way, there has to be more. So man makes up rules and traditions and sacraments and tells others they have to follow these as well as do good works and oh yeah, you have to get baptized if you want to go to Heaven. The devil has convinced man that Jesus Christ's sacrifice at the cross was not enough to make them right with God.

wow!! the devil's plan has worked...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#490909 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You add baptism for folks today Hank. Given them a different qualification for salvation than those like Abraham. That's just not the case.
The death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ is what baptism represents. Our old selves have died(into the water) and we have new life in Christ(out of the water). Baptism represents we as Christians have a new life with Christ.
That is what I have been trying to say, Chuck.....

We are baptized INTO the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ....WHY???

For the forgiveness of our sins....

New Life (born again) in Christ Jesus.....
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#490910 Nov 12, 2013
Since I left all religion, I am no longer held in the bondage of the mindset that I am bad simply for being born and being human ... or that my suffering is caused because somewhere along the line I disappointed a god.

I now believe that suffering has no part of any spiritual journey ... as it occurs in all forms of life and I am nothing special whatsoever.

What a relief to not have to try to follow the words of those ridiculous theologians that bragged of knowing truth.

Silly men full of nothing but brain farts.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#490911 Nov 12, 2013
READ HERE..

WHAT HAPPENED WHEN the seven sons of one Sceva,

ATTEMPTED TO CAST OUT DEVILS IN THE NAME OF THE APOSTLE PAUL..

Act 19:13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.

Act 19:14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.

Act 19:15 And the evil spirit answered and said,

Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

Act 19:16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

THE DEVIL CAN SAY TO YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS...

JESUS ...I KNOW.

PETER ...I KNOW...

BUT..

WHO ARE YOU?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#490912 Nov 12, 2013
OBEDIENT FAITH And TRUST:

John 9:7

7 “Go,” he told him,“wash in the Pool of Siloam”(this word means “Sent”). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.

***The man went and WASHED.....WHAT HAPPENED???

He came home SEEING.....

Washing in the pool of Siloam stood between the blind man and his recovery in order for his sight to be RESTORED.

Was Jesus testing him???

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Does Jesus test us to see if we have OBEDIENT FAITH to His COMMANDS in the New Testament???

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

How did Jesus use water in these scriptures???
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#490913 Nov 12, 2013
The purpose of theologians is to train you to believe that you are bad for offending a god or gods. Then, and only then can he captivate you into believing that HE has the answers to how you can learn to be good and "pleasing" to the god, or gods.

You'll see it ... but only if you WANT to see it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 5 min Exposing Devil Lies 398
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min Aura Mytha 45,797
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 32 min Tellthetruth 990,689
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr proveanygod 6,701
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 hr --IslandGurL-- 4,394
"Come on in the house,A.C. We wanna talk to O.J." 6 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Mista Shrink Doo Doo Bwain! 8 hr Doctor REALITY 3
More from around the web