Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650723 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chess

Columbus, OH

#490670 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
Especially when I wish for peace for "everyone" if in turn there just should happen to be an afterlife.
It takes away that "SPECIAL" self-centered dogma from religion. And without people believing that the gods find them irresistible and perceive others as putrid ... what profit is their in staying IN such a group-setting of religion?
No emotional profit whatsoever.
Christians wish for peace on Earth and goodwill toward men, too.

And Islam is a religion of peace -- maybe that's why Iran is pursuing its nuclear programs solely for "peaceful purposes".

I take your claims just as seriously.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490671 Nov 11, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the point sis. You simply express it differently.
:)
Maybe so ... but you believe that Jesus was a promoter of Gnostic beliefs and I believe the myths were all fairy tales created by personalized theologians that were masters at using words for their own agendas.

Jesus just happens to be the latest mental creation of a supposed savior ... but that doesn't make the myth any more or less special ... except to those who trust that the myth is actual truth RATHER than myth.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490672 Nov 11, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<As we consider ways to share the Old Testament in the family we discover that the Bible, whether prominently displayed or gathering dust on a shelf, offers rich spiritual nourishment for children, teenagers and adults in your home.
Those books all offer brain-washing nonsense!

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490673 Nov 11, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>She has every right to be here, did you ever consider she is hurt by something that may have happened?
If I wasn't "hurt" by "something that happened" I would be wise enough to believe in YOUR religion ... RIGHT???

Silly people!

When you become a Muslim, then I will know you haven't been "hurt" by something.

:)

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490674 Nov 11, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians wish for peace on Earth and goodwill toward men, too.
That's the preaching ... but the behavior is at odds with the preaching.

Your missionaries are in Muslim countries ... breaking up families by stealing their Muslim members in conversion to your own Christian cults.

The pope kissed the Qur'an in a show of respect to Muslims, while at the same time he had his missionaries teaching the Muslims that unless they became Catholic they would end up in hell.

Religion AIMS to create trouble ... period!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#490675 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they were WILD. And the strong ones such as the popes, kings, queens and emperors won out in the end, IF they were not disposed of their selves.
Religion always was a war of who had the most military power.
I suggest you keep in mind that in Constantine's era twenty emperors were assassinated in one century.
That is WHY he gave control to the Catholics in the hopes of religion becoming ONE system of belief.
As you can see ... his plan didn't work. The crazies are still at it today ... fighting over who the gods love and who the gods will reject.
That is because the edifice(s),that being the the political monarchy and church structure were themselves corrupt. Anything built on that could only suffer the fruits of that corruption...and you(we) are witnessing those fruits today. Only when that is realized and admitted, can any steps be taken to rectify the iniquities, and any "healing" begin to effect. It is not impossible...it is improbable, as those who hold the abominable power will not relinquish unless forced to do so. That was surely recognized by a simple man on Patmos. The very name meaning "my killing"(infertile/barren /desolate). Such is the scope of corrupted priests of religion and politics.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490676 Nov 11, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
And Islam is a religion of peace -- maybe that's why Iran is pursuing its nuclear programs solely for "peaceful purposes".
I take your claims just as seriously.
The dalai lama supported India's aim to arm by nuclear power.

The United States is armed by nuclear power.

Why do you believe that Muslims should NOT have the same rights???

The Muslims must feel comparable to "sitting ducks" in the midst of men with shot-guns.

I think it's only fair that they also have nuclear power in their countries.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490677 Nov 11, 2013
Let the bombs fly in all directions, and that is fair and just treatment for ALL ... not just SOME.

"I believe that WE should have guns, but the native indians that have no souls, should only fight with bows and arrows, and THAT is fair."

Humans are the most aggressive and insane of all animals.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#490678 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You ARE a dreamer.
"My religion is based on truth and yours is based on lies."
Trying to change that attitude is as possible as manually moving a mountain with one sweep of a broom.
Believe me...I realize the situation...But remember this..."impossible" is the errant belief and lack of fortitude of those who will not move to prove that "impossible" is but a falsity.
BT42
StarC

United States

#490679 Nov 11, 2013
"Hundreds of atheists and atheist-curious packed into a Hollywood auditorium for a boisterous service filled with live music, moments of reflection, an "inspirational talk" about forgotten — but important — some stand-up comedy.

During the service, attendees stomped their feet, clapped their hands and cheered as Jones and Evans led the group through rousing renditions of "Lean on Me," ''Here Comes the Sun" and other hits that took the place of gospel songs. Congregants dissolved into laughter at a get-to-know-you game that involved clapping and slapping the hands of the person next to them and applauded as members of the audience spoke about community service projects they had started in LA.

At the end, volunteers passed cardboard boxes for donations as attendees mingled over coffee and pastries and children played on the floor."

A revival ? Send in your donation June. lol stomped their feet, clapped their Hands and sang. Sounds like the Pentecostals to me. A new church, 42k plus 1.
\o/

:-D

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490680 Nov 11, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because the edifice(s),that being the the political monarchy and church structure were themselves corrupt. Anything built on that could only suffer the fruits of that corruption...and you(we) are witnessing those fruits today. Only when that is realized and admitted, can any steps be taken to rectify the iniquities, and any "healing" begin to effect. It is not impossible...it is improbable, as those who hold the abominable power will not relinquish unless forced to do so. That was surely recognized by a simple man on Patmos. The very name meaning "my killing"(infertile/barren /desolate). Such is the scope of corrupted priests of religion and politics.
All religion is corrupted by stating that it is not myth, but rather based on truth.

And it goes downhill from there.

I believe it IS impossible to expect humans that are innately selfish to be anything BUT selfish.

And until we recognize our own selfishness, we will keep hoping that others will be peaceful towards us.

What a joke.

As an example ... for Christians to refer to their selves as peaceful and to Muslims as terrorists is why there will be no peace on earth unless humans become extinct.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490681 Nov 11, 2013
StarC wrote:
"Hundreds of atheists and atheist-curious packed into a Hollywood auditorium for a boisterous service filled with live music, moments of reflection, an "inspirational talk" about forgotten — but important — some stand-up comedy.
During the service, attendees stomped their feet, clapped their hands and cheered as Jones and Evans led the group through rousing renditions of "Lean on Me," ''Here Comes the Sun" and other hits that took the place of gospel songs. Congregants dissolved into laughter at a get-to-know-you game that involved clapping and slapping the hands of the person next to them and applauded as members of the audience spoke about community service projects they had started in LA.
At the end, volunteers passed cardboard boxes for donations as attendees mingled over coffee and pastries and children played on the floor."
A revival ? Send in your donation June. lol stomped their feet, clapped their Hands and sang. Sounds like the Pentecostals to me. A new church, 42k plus 1.
\o/
:-D
I don't support either loony tune Atheists, or loony tunes in religions.

I keep my money for other purposes.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#490682 Nov 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks to all the squabble and fighting we still have a faith,the bible and the fellowship of the believer today.We can disagree,but no more to the death do we have to go with our arguments.But we canlearn and reach out together in faith.It is starting to snow here in the Mid-west,not supposeto accumulate to much.Have to run.Take care!
At least it's a start anyway.
Wherever it is you are headed, please take the snow with you. LOL!

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490683 Nov 11, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me...I realize the situation...But remember this..."impossible" is the errant belief and lack of fortitude of those who will not move to prove that "impossible" is but a falsity.
BT42
Well then may I suggest that if you believe it is possible ... you try to impress upon the religious factions that they must create peace rather than war.

Guns and bombs are exploding as you speak, so good luck with your efforts.

The Canadian forces liked to believe they were peace-makers in battles started by others. They ended up either having to kill, or be killed.

Let's be real for a change. Humans are simply NOT nice.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#490684 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
"I don't support either loony tune Atheists, or loony tunes in religions.
I keep my money for other purposes."
"Ah...yes Mrs.VanDerMark.If you'll walk this way,the house comes with a lovely set of bay windows overlooking the lake."

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#490685 Nov 11, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been watching Fox News Again, huh?
Actually the meddling info is right off the internet ...

So is Wisconsin..though it would apply to any state
Michael

Canada

#490687 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All religion is corrupted by stating that it is not myth, but rather based on truth.
And it goes downhill from there.
I believe it IS impossible to expect humans that are innately selfish to be anything BUT selfish.
And until we recognize our own selfishness, we will keep hoping that others will be peaceful towards us.
What a joke.
As an example ... for Christians to refer to their selves as peaceful and to Muslims as terrorists is why there will be no peace on earth unless humans become extinct.
......I have NEVER seen a Bishop EVER help a poor person, feed a hungry person, minister to any sick person. Bishops have Little or no contact with the folks in the pews yet they are the ones directing the church making everyone else feel guilty for their lack of work.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490688 Nov 11, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Naw, you just reak of helplessness and hurt. And, when I first came on here, you were posting about why you were hurt. Christ helps people in pain, physical and emotional, You know , He made the earth and atmosphere out of nothing, He can sure help you.
You always go back to that issue of my daughter's suicide as the reason I left religion, and that is just you being silly.

My daughter took her life in 2005 and I didn't leave religion until 2009 ... for other reasons entirely.

There was no Husker Du posting back then, so I suggest that you changed the name on your avatar because you are hiding from me for a reason.

But I've found that to be normal deceptive Christian behavior.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#490689 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help it if the links don't work. It often happens to other people, and I don't believe that "they" are trying to deceive.
I believe many of your links are old saves, and have moved, changed, or gone in to cyberspace.
You are not the only one that has that problem.
Just so you know...

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490690 Nov 11, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Naw, you just reak of helplessness and hurt.
My guess is, the name you used on your avatar back then was "Resident."

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why have black people got no history? (Apr '11) 5 min Johnny 26
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min River Tam 56,334
You can't get electricuted sticking a key in an... (Nov '09) 9 min Sparky 6
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min X Pendable 182,982
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 18 min Annaleigh 106,091
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 22 min Half a twin 445,934
Why did God allow sin into His universe? 28 min Doctor REALITY 27
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 45,002
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Hangman 971,894
More from around the web