Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,868
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#490391 Nov 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you get your Christian teddy-bear promised to you by Pat Robertson???
:)
No.Did get my deer today.Good eating.
I hope you arn't a member of PETA. I'll never hear the end of it.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#490392 Nov 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest the very first set of religious myths were based on legends and folklore, as were and are all the myths that followed.
I can't and won't deny that either. To do so would be unrealistic.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#490393 Nov 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Church of Christ (American Protestant denomination ...- Britannica
www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/114839/Chu... - Cached - Similar
Any of several conservative Protestant churches, found chiefly in the United
States. They are strongest in parts of the Midwest and in the western and
southern ...
Christ built not any denomination...
It is hard for people to fathom that Christ did not build one particular "Church" or denomination as we in ourlimited semantics view it.

Jesus said "I will build my c h u r c h,and the gates of Hell will not prevail aganst it." If in fact He b u i l d s the church,we have to consider what that church is.If it is a building or an architectual type, than we are limited to what is a physical construction that deteriorates within time. WE all know that buildings must be renovated through time.What type of c h u r c h edifice did JESUS have in mind to build?

So if we all agree that Jesus did not refer to a physical edifice when using such terms as build and church,we have to rely on HIS ability to build His c h u r c h,that like of OLD was not built with human hands.As God told His people that no edifice built with human hands could contain His full presence.

The buildings we build to worship Christ in,we refer to as Church,but that has again lost the defining principle,that Christ did not limit His church to an edifice,but that the church is a body o f believers who are transformed by the Kingdom of His Father.The buildings are sacred in that when we meet in His Name and worship HIM,His presence fills the place and it is truly sacred to HIM.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#490394 Nov 10, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
No you didn't ..But it's,a,consistent non believers,rant .
God is,not fair ..why would he punish folks,for not believing ..For bot loving Him.
Then take it up with those who have said such.

As far as I'm concerned, BibleGod can't be unfair since he is pretend, silly.

Location hidden

#490395 Nov 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
PAD, when you wife feels an episode coming on, have her drink some water, this will help with the nausea that comes along with the dizziness.
So ...you are familiar with this? I may ask you some questions in the near future if it's ok with you cowboy. The "horse's mouth" ...so to speak.
truth

Perth, Australia

#490396 Nov 10, 2013
Where our lovely God sit?
-on donkey
-deva
-elephant

as well have walk as promise per lap..

I told you zavit= as convent are without shoes confe.
elephant donkey deva horse all of them walking without shoes..

see confe

white hair as ancient..
people believe as ancient rituals still..
then they say
o what a about pillars
nobody know where stay our planets

see huge gigantic lag from elephant
e lep h ant
lap lep lip lop lup
lap by lap by lap

very sad

on which pillar foundation stay

on which sit are magic sjedac=joker in circus or oldest as leader of caravana
sjedac=place where sit
sjedac=color of hair
jedac is some who eat huge food

what is much more worse sjedac jedac
$jed..
jad jed jid jod jud
really

papci=nail from elephant very fun funny as circus
must be as magic window

Location hidden

#490397 Nov 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that politicians or those in religion perceive anything but what they believe is based on truth from their own points of view.
We all suffer from not recognizing that we have concepts of truth ... not truth absolute.
I believe they know exactly what they are doing...and little is based on honesty and truth in their endeavors...but rather the manipulation of power and influence.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490398 Nov 10, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Normal people ask because they want to know. You on the other hand are not.
Of course I want to know, but to pretend I can tell the future is not on my agenda ... as that would simply be the silly theological gibberish of witchcraft.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#490399 Nov 10, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
Are those in the church of Christ the only people who are going to be saved? Of course they are! God adds people to His church when they are saved. If you are not in the Lord’s church, then you are not saved. If you are saved, then you are in the Lord’s church. To be saved outside of the church of Christ is to be saved outside of the body of Christ – and that can never happen. Jesus is not just a way to the Father; he is the way to the Father. As Jesus said in John 14:6,“ I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
Thus, the real question is not what is the church of Christ, but is rather how do you become a part of the church of Christ? That question was asked in the first century as it is asked today, and the answer remains the same. We are saved and added to the Lord’s church when we obey the gospel of Jesus Christ. Like the Apostle Paul, we are saved when our sins are washed away at our baptism.
There is one church of Christ. If you are a member of something else or something more or something less, then you are not serving God according to His plan or according to His will. He wants you to be a Christian and only a Christian, wearing only the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, who is the head and the savior of the church, His body.
Want to know more? Here are 10 things everyone should understand about the church, here are some common misconceptions about the church, and here is how God views the church.
What Must I Do?
What must I do? That same question was asked in Acts 2:37 at the end of the very first gospel sermon ever preached. Before we look at Peter’s answer in verse 38, let’s look at some answers Peter did NOT give.
What must I do? John Calvin answers,“Nothing!” According to Calvin, there is nothing we must do and nothing we can do. Each of us has already been personally predestined to Heaven or Hell without regard to anything we do on Earth, and so, logically, according to Calvin, the only answer to the question in Acts 2:37 is “Nothing.” But that is NOT how Peter answered that question.
What must I do? Many preachers today answer,“You must make Jesus the Lord of your life.” But that answer makes absolutely no sense then or now! Peter had just said in Acts 2:36 that “God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.” Jesus was already Lord of their lives! Jesus is Lord of lords and King of kings, which means he is your Lord and your King whether or not you obey him or believe him. We obey Jesus because he is Lord and King – not to make him Lord and King.
What must I do? Many preachers today answer,“You must pray the sinner’s prayer and invite the Lord Jesus into you heart.” But no one in the Bible was ever told to do that. In fact, Paul prayed after he saw Jesus on the road to Damascus (Acts 9:11), and yet Paul was still in his sins when Ananias met him three days later (Acts 22:16). Cornelius prayed to God always (Acts 10:2), and yet there remained something he still had to do after calling for Peter (Acts 10:6). If praying the sinner’s prayer was all that Paul and Cornelius needed to do, then why were Ananias and Peter needed?
What must I do? Listen as Peter answers that question:“Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”(Acts 2:38) That answer has not changed one bit in the intervening 2000 years. If your preacher is telling you something different, then you need a new preacher!“And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.”(Acts 22:16)
Spam.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490400 Nov 10, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>No.Did get my deer today.Good eating.
I hope you arn't a member of PETA. I'll never hear the end of it.
Lucky deer! It doesn't have any more need to suffer by the will of a god that created it TO suffer.

tongue in cheek

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490401 Nov 10, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe they know exactly what they are doing...and little is based on honesty and truth in their endeavors...but rather the manipulation of power and influence.
We all try to manipulate others to do our bidding and see things our way.

I find nothing unusual about that behavior whatsoever.
truth

Perth, Australia

#490402 Nov 10, 2013
if our lovely God tall and heavy
then where god sit
if sit on cocky then will be cocky squash
if sit on donkey some
if sit on Deva to much still
if sit on elephant possible

let me explain
small Jesus go on donkey
big God go on elephant

Are you for sure pillars stay in Jerusalem.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490403 Nov 10, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Baloney. You are using different definitions of of the term "faith.".
A scientist rules out the supernatural when looking to explain an observation or theory.
Mysticism is the opposite of science.
Unless the scientists work for the pope in the vatican. Then it all has to come down to the idea that Jehovah had a "hand" in it.

:)

Location hidden

#490404 Nov 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that any of those mythical biblical characters even existed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Essenes Cult May Be Fictitious
Religion scholars seeking evidence of the historical Jesus frequently claim he could have been a member of the Essenes, a Jewish ascetic cult. Now new scholarship by Rachel Elior of the Hebrew University in Jerusalem contends the Essenes may never have existed.
Confusion over existence of the Essenes arose from scholars using other, later texts as their sources, Elior said. She noted that the Jewish-Roman scholar Josephus mentioned them, but that he was writing hundreds of years later.
http://ancient-tides.blogspot.ca/2009/03/scro...
Just as I could contend that "Sheba" never existed as portrayed or Osiris, even with evidence to the contrary.
How much evidence was destroyed in the obfuscation of "religion" and history?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#490405 Nov 10, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
So ...you are familiar with this? I may ask you some questions in the near future if it's ok with you cowboy. The "horse's mouth" ...so to speak.
Yes, I am very familiar with tinnitus(ringing in the inner ear), as well as dizziness from ear problems, that is caused by neck and/or head injuries.

for me, I couldn't accept a doctors opinion(minears Disease) since it would have meant that I would have lost my drivers license

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490406 Nov 10, 2013
I'll bet the pope would rather croak than to worship the name Jehovah!

They stole all the Jewish stuff and then morphed as much as possible into Catholicism.

The sabbath is an example. At one time Christians honored the sabbath on Saturday, as did the Jews. But then, to distance their selves from Judaism's theology, the Catholics changed the sabbath to Sunday.

Funny stuff ... this religion "business."

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490407 Nov 10, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I could contend that "Sheba" never existed as portrayed or Osiris, even with evidence to the contrary.
How much evidence was destroyed in the obfuscation of "religion" and history?
I would be happy if all religious literature had never existed in the first place, as I don't believe that any of it was worth a fiddler's damn.
truth

Perth, Australia

#490408 Nov 10, 2013
now you liked fast God as zummmmmmmmmmmmm
as zbumaniak egg
zemunice zuzunize
o well if you broke breka.nize
you can be zezanice with rezanice as bez.danice
danica is star aha as ligh
see d.nice.da nice can be ice .lice or face
in that case how you can see face as trunk
tru;nk
see
now
pazumim=see p razumim=understood to understand
under.stand=stand

Location hidden

#490409 Nov 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
To claim that a group of men called the Essenes LIVED celibate lives, is not realistic in any sense of the word.
Men are sexual animals, and as we have learned from other religious cults ... it comes out sooner or later that the men were masturbating and having sex with each other.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
“I believe any serious scholar truly can’t but admit that the law reflected in the scrolls is a Sadducee law,” she tells the London Times, pointing out that there were no corroborating historical records ~ either in Jewish or early Christian literature ~ to indicate that a large sect of celibate men lived in the area over a long period of time.
http://ancient-tides.blogspot.ca/2009/03/scro...
Don't let it upset you. The people who wrote the dead sea scrolls, and the celibate monks Rome tried to erradicate didn't exist either.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490410 Nov 10, 2013
Prothero writes:

“For more than a generation we have followed scholars and sages down the rabbit hole into a fantasy world where all gods are one … In fact this naive theological groupthink – call it Godthink – has made the world more dangerous by blinding us to the clash of religions that threaten us worldwide.”

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/09/01/do-c...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Hidingfromyou 773,612
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min mike 604,746
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 min lovewithin 39,335
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min Lyndi 175,515
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min TEX 264,990
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 36 min quilterqueen 1,278
Moses never existed 36 min Hidingfromyou 721
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr Dolphin 441,751
More from around the web