Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
473,161 - 473,180 of 538,616 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think that someone who disparages all other religions and admires Wicca is an atheist?
I don't think that website CARES to whom.it gives,credentials,..that's between hem.And any Wicca,who applied,..
But then Wiccans,May NOT WANT to apply .

I have no.idea,

My post was that atheism IS A RELIGION.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

StarC wrote:
Why is the Catholic Church opposed to birth control? Where in the Bible is birth control condemned as being contrary to the Will of God?
The Catholic Church is not opposed to birth control when it is accomplished by natural means, by SELF control. She is opposed only to birth
control by artificial means, by the employment of
pills, condoms, IUD's, foams, jellies,
sterilization, non-completion of the act of sexual
union – or any other means used to prevent conception from resulting from this act – because such means profane the marital embrace and dishonor the marriage contract. God slew Onan for practicing contraception (Gen. 38:9-10); the word "onanism" derives from Onan's deed. In fact, up until the Church of England's Lambeth Conference of 1930, which accepted contraception and thus broke with the Christian tradition, contraception had been considered by all Christian churches, both Catholic and Protestant, to be gravely sinful. The Catholic Church does not feel free to change the law of God, as do Protestants.
Who are the worst in God's eyes?

Protestants, who change God's laws?

Or, atheists, deists and agnostics, who doubt God's laws?
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
In the Name of the Father Son and Holy Spirit
Father
In your infinite mercy please come to me when I do not come to you,nudge me with your caring hands when I do not listen to your voice,silence my fears when I call Your Son's Name,and help me to become more real in your Truth.
Please comfort and heal LTM and her husband, Rose and her husband,Preston and his family, Black Knight,Confronting and Kay Marie, Pad,and any of those I have forgotten,
We ask you in Jesus' Name
Amen
Who could not agree with you in this prayer from the heart? Hello Nick.I have been horribly busy.My wife has had vertigo for two weeks now,it is a viral attack as well as she is on antibiotics and Prednizone.She is better,but has been confined to the house all that time,only once to see the doctor.She goes to a Ear,Nose and Throat Doctor Nov 18.This time we hope this doctor will try and get to the nitty-gritty about her problem with the vertigo,or Mears disease another name for it.She takes Mecklazine as well,and will probably have to take that the rest of her life,not just when an episode comes on.

It is quite debilitating for her,and rests heavily on us all in many ways.I will include your prayer for her as well,it is wonderful to have Christ as our common denominator,as we are all ONE in Him,no matter what our churches,assemblies,groups,or whatever we call ourselves,say is what we are!

Hope you are getting better,and the same for your wife Seraphima.I am determined as a believer to not let different titles deter me from walking in this newness of life with all of you.That goes for our Catholic brethren on this blog as well.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those in a group expect members of the group to be faithful to the beliefs of the group. Peer pressure to keep the members "happy" often keeps believers from "rocking the ark."
Therein is the problem. ie: the limitation of cognitive awareness and progression of knowledge and understanding.
Not always, but all too often the case.
I prefer to be "without" that type of inhibiting factors.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Working for the Lord wrote:
Are those in the church of Christ the only people who are going to be saved? Of course they are!
Within the theology, are you referring to Jesus, or to Jehovah?

:)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Please,you don't seem to respect GOD by any name ....
Why does a nonexistent deity deserve or need respect ?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The,Jewish people,are,God's,Chosen..we are,only grafted to.Abrahams,tree as,Christian's.....
ROFLMAO

That is one of the stupidest Christian fairy tales.

If you aren't a Jew by birth or conversion to Judaism then you aren't a Jew. Period.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Therein is the problem. ie: the limitation of cognitive awareness and progression of knowledge and understanding.
Not always, but all too often the case.
I prefer to be "without" that type of inhibiting factors.
People outside of places of worship can be just as set in the idea that they know knowledge of how the universe began and how it all works, as are those in the places of worship.

I've read on the forums where some bozo claims to never go to church, yet brags that from studying the bible he/she knows exactly what is meant by each and every word in every scripture.

Arrogance has no boundaries.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does a nonexistent deity deserve or need respect ?
With all the suffering that occurs in all forms of life, why would a deity such character even expect to have respect coming its way?

Respect must be earned ... not demanded.

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Who could not agree with you in this prayer from the heart? Hello Nick.I have been horribly busy.My wife has had vertigo for two weeks now,it is a viral attack as well as she is on antibiotics and Prednizone.She is better,but has been confined to the house all that time,only once to see the doctor.She goes to a Ear,Nose and Throat Doctor Nov 18.This time we hope this doctor will try and get to the nitty-gritty about her problem with the vertigo,or Mears disease another name for it.She takes Mecklazine as well,and will probably have to take that the rest of her life,not just when an episode comes on.
It is quite debilitating for her,and rests heavily on us all in many ways.I will include your prayer for her as well,it is wonderful to have Christ as our common denominator,as we are all ONE in Him,no matter what our churches,assemblies,groups,or whatever we call ourselves,say is what we are!
Hope you are getting better,and the same for your wife Seraphima.I am determined as a believer to not let different titles deter me from walking in this newness of life with all of you.That goes for our Catholic brethren on this blog as well.
AMEN,

PAD ..hope they get to the bottom of the,Menieres or whatever it is.

Sometimes,a decent diagnosis,is the key .

Good old,House,...seriously we will keep.her in our prayers,.

I forget so many that I pray for all on here and their families,healing .
So many are,sick ..And,suffering .I pray GOD comforts their families,also

Those of us who are Christian. DO have the same Saviour we believe in .
I pray also for belief among the doubters ..in Jesus,name

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>We do not deny the power of witchcraft
It's a good thing, because you practice it every time you throw curses on others that they are going to hell.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are the worst in God's eyes?
Protestants, who change God's laws?
Or, atheists, deists and agnostics, who doubt God's laws?
God is far above all human reasoning,so whatever a man thinks is the truth,it is only a fraction of what Jesus Christ is as the "WAY the Truth,and the life."I have been in both camps the RC,and the Protestant,and both have truth as God has ordained it through His Word. Catholics have failed in keeping the Laws of the LORD as well,they break the first commandment continuously,because they compare the Virgin Mary to Christ in attributes,when only Christ is:The mediator between God and Man.
Only Christ was born without sin,and He was sinless totally,no exception,His mother was never deemed (b o r n)sinless by the Scriptures.
Only Christ must be adored and venerated,given all glory,was raised from the dead having a NEW Body which is the Resurrection Body,someday all of His followers will have as well.
Only Christ in His redemption for us through His precious Blood,cleanses and completely saves through the Father's eternal grace,Mary cannot save,nor is she co-redemptorist,as there is only ONE Redeemer:God in three Persons Blessed Trinity!
Christ's redemption is totally sufficient for our salvation,we need not call on Mary nor the Saints to complete that which was done on Calvary.Purgatory is an insult to the awesome power of the G r a c e of Christ which is complete and in no need of an additive such as" Our Lady of Mt. Carmel and the Scapular.
The only Sacrifice acceptable to God the Father was and IS the Man Christ Jesus who being the Lamb of God,the total propitiation for our sins,iniquities and even our infirmities.We are called upon by the Lord through the epistle of paul to offer ourselves as a living sacrifice to Christ,to allow Him to be L o r d of our lives as well as our Savior.
Daily masses,novenas and the like are no substitute for what C h r i s t accomplished on the Cross,when He said"it is finished".

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I am for what you say concerning the Holy Word,and what it says about our salvation
Men of selfish intent wrote the words, and you of selfish intent believe the words are based on truth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I suggest that if we choose to believe one "set" of myths as being based on truth, it would only be fair to believe that all myths are based on truth.
I don't believe there is one "set" of myths or beliefs that is absolutely correct in it's own right. Over thousands of years all have been adulterated and compromised(to say the least).
All are forwarded by the mouths and writings of men...and all men are corruptible.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
Religion goes totally against scientific "principles." Yet for those who demand to know the future before it occurs, they rely on the most ridiculous nonsense.
A human created by a god out of dust and a woman created out of the dust's rib.
Wake up people ... or not! By believing such nonsensical legends, you keep society locked in total darkness!
The foundation of science is actually faith

Before performing experiments scientists start with 6 basic assumptions:

(1) that the experimental procedures will be performed adequately. That there will be no intentional or unintentional mistakes that will impact the results.

(2)That the experimenters won’t be significantly biased by their preconceptions of what will happen

(3)that the random sample (the subjects/items used in the experiment)is representative of the entire population the scientist is doing to confirm or deny hypotheses about.Also that any nonrepresentative random won’t significantly impact the results.

(4)that nature has regularity.That most if not all things in nature must have at least a natural cause.That here is such a thing called Objective Reality

(6)that science at least partly corresponds to that Objective Reality.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
All them protestant heretics are damned to Hell.
Such a loving Sky-Daddy!
Ain't HE ever "something else???"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
I worship Julia Voth.
And I have several restraining orders against me to prove she's real.
LOL!

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

[in what context you mention the word "fire."
I suggest the smoke still has settled from the Inquisitions dictated by your church.[/QUOTQUOTE who="June VanDerMark"]<quoted text>
Careful E]

In the Middle Ages [1478] a heresy was a capital crime like murder.
To kill someone soul which is done by perverting the truth was murder of the soul.
[so you better watch out, lol]

The Myths of the Catholic Inquisition

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
And to walk with Christ means to be guided by the Holy Spirit, in a virtuous life.
Virtuous life ... you say???

Believing others will spend eternity in hell is your idea of being "virtuous???"

How funny!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You act like God can't see that you are a lying snake.
Are there any Catholic snakes in your yard???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min ChristineM 226,167
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min Clearwater 173,259
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min WasteWater 257,770
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min Buck Crick 732,535
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 29 min WasteWater 94,611
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 33 min WasteWater 4,312
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 53 min Falcon 722
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Epiphany2 599,750
•••
Enter and win $5000