Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687387 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490578 Nov 11, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't say, as it never got to fruition.
From all I have read, he seems to have lived and preached in much the same teachings I hold in high regard.
And I suggest that from all I have studied, all myths were written by theologians ... and that the Jesus-myth is simply a re-run of other almost identical myths taught in other religions by previous theologians.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490579 Nov 11, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya. I know how that goes too. The fact that you unselfishly help others with your knowledge is a blessing to everyone you touch with it. You affect the lives (in silent ways) all that they touch also.
See how that works? That is the gamut of "cause and effect" sis. What I was attempting to explain earlier...works both ways.
That has nothing whatsoever to do with supposed "spirituality." It is simply common sense that if I treat others in a kind way, they will remember that kindness and in some other way when they hear of my suffering will think back to when I helped them and want to in turn help me.

And it works the other way. When people crap on others, such as Fred Phelps with his mocking dead soldiers as god-offenders ... how many family members of dead soldiers do you think would want to help Fred Phelps if he was in NEED??? I suggest that ifFred was crying in pain ... most of those family members would walk on by without so much as a nod.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490580 Nov 11, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
There are those that say that when you die you can't take anything with you. I beg to differ.
If your "works" have been invested in the attitude that you are worthy of heaven and others are worthy of hell ... I suggest that you might not want to take that baggage with you.

I certainly would want that extra load.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490581 Nov 11, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>The Orthodox had raging debates..The Councils sometimes were wild.St Nicholas punched Arius at the First Council.The Orthodox stuck with their writings despite torture and death. Maximus continued to write despite opposition. They cut off Maximus' tongue and right hand so he could not write any more.Chrysostom refused to quit calling clergy and the rich on their hypocrisy, so he was taken on a long exile and walked in frozen weather until he suffered and died.There were several theological schools of great renown. Each had their own great theologians.Particularly Antioch and Alexandria.They exchanged and argued vehemently re their theology and this was brought to Council, not to a Pope. The Council would weigh its compliance with Scripture,whether this fit the church practice from the beginning etc., and make a decision. The decision was not binding until the people of the Church lived it and determined that it was consistent with what the Church always lived.
Of course they were WILD. And the strong ones such as the popes, kings, queens and emperors won out in the end, IF they were not disposed of their selves.

Religion always was a war of who had the most military power.

I suggest you keep in mind that in Constantine's era twenty emperors were assassinated in one century.

That is WHY he gave control to the Catholics in the hopes of religion becoming ONE system of belief.

As you can see ... his plan didn't work. The crazies are still at it today ... fighting over who the gods love and who the gods will reject.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#490582 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't celebrate Christmas, and yet I am not at all offended by other people celebrating Christmas ... as long as they keep their baubles off of government property.
That smacks of Christian favoritism, as no other religion is allowed that statement of "We are special!"
And no Atheists are allowed to put banners on government property that make the statement that we don't believe in celebrating the birth of a savior, because we don't believe in a supposed savior.
Tolerance is NOT your aim at all. You have a very haughty attitude that Christians ought to be special on earth AND in the hereafter.
When I was in college I fought for the right of the "Pagan" organizations. It came down to, either allow ALL religions to display their decorations or stop ALL decorations.

The "Pagan" displays went up and the Christians were pissed off.

Christians don't want equal treatment, they want tyranny.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490583 Nov 11, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this sounds unreasonable to many, but I believe at some point in the future we(society) will come to realize that the "core" aspects of science and religion are compliments rather than contradictions.
You ARE a dreamer.

"My religion is based on truth and yours is based on lies."

Trying to change that attitude is as possible as manually moving a mountain with one sweep of a broom.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#490584 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That has nothing whatsoever to do with supposed "spirituality." It is simply common sense that if I treat others in a kind way, they will remember that kindness and in some other way when they hear of my suffering will think back to when I helped them and want to in turn help me.
And it works the other way. When people crap on others, such as Fred Phelps with his mocking dead soldiers as god-offenders ... how many family members of dead soldiers do you think would want to help Fred Phelps if he was in NEED??? I suggest that ifFred was crying in pain ... most of those family members would walk on by without so much as a nod.
But yet you pick apart every single poster on this forum? Are you related to the Grinch?? A little loving goes a longer way.Are you the same way in real life as you are in here? Just wondering. I wish you would be more pleasant here. When I'm having a bad day and I get on Topix, when I read your posts I want to commit Seppuku!!
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490585 Nov 11, 2013
independent common sense wrote:
My understanding was that since Jesus died on the cross and man could be forgiven for his sins, it was the New Testament that was to be taught and that the Old Testament no longer applied. So why do all the churches want to preach out of the Old Testament all the time?
People USE whatever is handy to make their selves appear as SPECIAL to the gods.

Rather than the old expression "putting on the dog," it's known as ... "putting on the gods."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

put on the dog (American & Australian informal) to try to seem richer or more important than you really are

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/put+on+th...
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490586 Nov 11, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently the weather and climate is beyond God's control.
I was told by Christians that floods, volcanoes, hurricanes and earthquakes killing millions of people every year isn't God's doing.
They wouldn't want you to get the idea that the god that SAVES them has an evil thought whatsoever in his invisible mind!

That is why they won't acknowledge that within the theology Jehovah (the one and only Abrahamic god) CREATED evil.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490587 Nov 11, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was in college I fought for the right of the "Pagan" organizations. It came down to, either allow ALL religions to display their decorations or stop ALL decorations.
The "Pagan" displays went up and the Christians were pissed off.
Christians don't want equal treatment, they want tyranny.
I agree that many Christians are tyrants. Their religion teaches them that they are the only ones that are special to Jehovah ...(within the theology) the god that used to love only the Jews.

And then, when all those in other ancient religions were taught the same haughty attitude of being the only special ones on earth according to THEIR gods ... to preach peace and love of others within their sermons, is absolutely ludicrous.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490588 Nov 11, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>But yet you pick apart every single poster on this forum?
I'm here to debate ideas. You are here to preach your religion as being based on the one and only truth.

If you can't stand the heat, I suggest that you go back to your churchy group that reinforces the idea that you are special to Jehovah, or Yahweh, or ADONAI, or Elohim, or whatever title you find preferable.

I don't intend to play your game of religious up-man-shit.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490589 Nov 11, 2013
I did a kindness for a woman one time years ago.

Many years later she showed up at my door with about eight-dozen farm-fresh eggs.

She remembered!

It had nothing to do with religion. It had everything to do with simply being kind, and it worked BOTH ways.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490590 Nov 11, 2013
I am thankful that I obeyed my conscience and did not take the biblical scripture of putting homosexuals to death as being based on truth.

I knew there was something very wrong with the bible, and that is why after intensive study, I believed that moral ignorant men with pens had done a huge injustice to society.

I believe the same has occurred with ALL religious literature.

Religion is NOT good.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490591 Nov 11, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was in college I fought for the right of the "Pagan" organizations.
Humor ... how to start a new religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

1963: The Reformed Druids of North America begins as a protest against a requirement that students at Carleton College, in Minnesota, attend religious services. Since any religious service would count, some students, including Robert Larson, started RDNA as a humorous way to test the system. The founders were Jewish, Christian and agnostic and did not intend to start a new religion. However, it subsequently evolves into one and spreads.
http://www.americanneopaganism.com/neopaganis...
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490592 Nov 11, 2013
I suggest that the first Jews to write a supposed holy book based on the one-god dogma indicated in the book that they were god's chosen few ... period.

But humans, being greedy, more Jews came along with a new version of "truth" that indicated a messiah would be coming, and that left an opening for a new religion.

And PRESTO ... Christianity with the Jesus-myth appeared on the scene.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490593 Nov 11, 2013
This military-oriented Jew almost became known as the REAL Jewish messiah.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Barcochebah, or Barcochebas (barkoche e ba). In Hebrew means “Son of a star”. One Simeon, a heroic Jewish leader against the Romans, who is reputed to have claimed to be the “Star out of Jacob” mentioned in Num. xxiv, 17, was so called. He took Jerusalem in 132 and was acclaimed by some as the MESSIAH. He was overwhelmed and slain by the forces of Julius Severus in 135.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#490594 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They wouldn't want you to get the idea that the god that SAVES them has an evil thought whatsoever in his invisible mind!
That is why they won't acknowledge that within the theology Jehovah (the one and only Abrahamic god) CREATED evil.
Agreed.

I am constantly informed by Christians that the Bible is a pack of lies. <smile>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#490595 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Humor ... how to start a new religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
1963: The Reformed Druids of North America begins as a protest against a requirement that students at Carleton College, in Minnesota, attend religious services. Since any religious service would count, some students, including Robert Larson, started RDNA as a humorous way to test the system. The founders were Jewish, Christian and agnostic and did not intend to start a new religion. However, it subsequently evolves into one and spreads.
http://www.americanneopaganism.com/neopaganis...
Cool! Smart folks!
Chess

Columbus, OH

#490596 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And I suggest that from all I have studied, all myths were written by theologians ... and that the Jesus-myth is simply a re-run of other almost identical myths taught in other religions by previous theologians.
Jesus is not a myth, goofy; Christ is the myth.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#490597 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe religion was and is all theological nonsense and not worthy of attention.
We already comprehend that if we don't want to be bullied by others, we should try not to bully them with harsh words, or harsh treatment.
Thanks for a good laugh June,"not worthy of attention." For someone who says this,you sure spend a lot of time on this thread trying to prove the theological believers wrong. There must be something we are missing about you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr 360Junkman 987,388
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 hr Worth Repeating 31,361
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 4 hr Black Flag 4
skype usernames for dirty skyping;) and usernam... (Aug '14) 5 hr Will lowe 10
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Seentheotherside 6,491
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr Lol U suck big D 286,597
Does a cell Phone still ring if a battery has g... (Oct '07) 7 hr Unicorn2331 35
More from around the web