Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692153 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#490028 Nov 9, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Herme
Peace
Nicely written....
The process then of falling deeper in love with God, allows both the world to become irrelevant, but ordered. And more intertwining of God and self as the connection between God and self lengthens in time....
I think the result is a greater appreciation, and gratitude for God....
Peace
Thanks. But I cant credit for this one. I copied this one.I thought it was fine how it was.Take Care
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#490029 Nov 9, 2013
I don't perceive that people are evil, and so I never believe that I see any evil in others.

I see many humans that I suspect because of being so badly let down by others have lost the ability to trust. And I see many humans that probably through experience have become emotionally bankrupt and in turn as a means of survival have become cruel ... but still I don't perceive they are evil. I perceive they are damaged, as in many ways I am damaged.

I suggest that religion is bankrupt of common sense.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#490030 Nov 9, 2013
In a nasty wind and snow-storm a big branch from a tree went flying from one neighbor's yard, over the fence and crashed into his other neighbor's car, causing extensive damage.

The judge in court classified it as "an act of God."

Apparently that idiocy is still written into the books of law simply because law-makers are not motivated to change the law.

It seems even by the supposed educated people in the court system to be perceived as "a keeper."

It would make more common sense to use the terminology that the mishap was caused by "a natural occurrence.”

It's highly unlikely that a god broke off the branch and threw it over the fence.
Huskerdu

Falls City, NE

#490031 Nov 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no doubt he would look a the,people and Be glad Christianity had flourished .And he might love the Mass
But walking around the beautiful treasures ..the,Tiaras ..the,art ..
Might HE not ask..have you fed all the,Lords,sheep ..?
Is,this such a time when NO ONE goes hungry ??
Admittedly he'd,like it now much more than in the Muddle,Ages .
Had he seen his,fellow Jews in bondage forced into conversion This,would not have sat well
As,for our services ..you'd be surprised at the richness of the sermons ..the preaching and music in some of our churches .the people living up their hands in true praises ..
The feelings of love..And seeing folks baptized ..seeing sincere conversions ..acceptance of Christ
The,Baptisms of newer believers
In fonts,..beaches ..he'd,feel right at home .
Admittedly ed developer at home in some than others,.
I don't think. He'd feel comfortable,with Joel Osteen ..
Our Lords,Supper uses the same words,that Jesus,did.
I think actually he would feel more at home in the mission fields,of Christianity..CATHOLUC and non Catholic ..
There are no tiaras at Mass. Hasn't ever been unless rolaty attended. Stop the anti Catholic rhetoric.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#490032 Nov 9, 2013
"I'm SO in love with God! I can't think of anything BUT how much I LOVE God!"

"Well YEAH ... you keep saying that ... but how do you know it works the other way?"

"Are you kidding??? My religion is irresistible. No God in his right mind would by-pass my religion for the religion of another."

"Is that all it takes to convince you that a god is in love with you?"

"Well ... what else do I NEED?"

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#490033 Nov 9, 2013
Lol
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#490034 Nov 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
AND,I DID,NOT EVER ASK YOU TO POST TO HER concerning me ..She gets,enough attention talking about her priest
..She,is,unlike,any Catholic I've ever met ..
I said,she,,and,Clay were Here and you were,not ..so I apologized for my anger..
.I was,hoping you might be interested ..
If your not fine .
To me it was wrong ...And she,be,addressed by a Catholic
<quoted text>
I already told you why atheist agitators aren't worth responding to. The fact that you keep pushing it tells me you have an agenda.
hojo

Chaska, MN

#490035 Nov 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, I said "I once was told that Catholics believe Purgatory is a second chance at Redemption" . I meant Salvation. Purgatory is not a second chance to get into heaven. Its just a purification process since nothing unclean shall enter it.
Purgatory is a place where Protestants become Catholics and Catholics become better Catholics!!!
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#490036 Nov 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
"I'm SO in love with God! I can't think of anything BUT how much I LOVE God!"
"Well YEAH ... you keep saying that ... but how do you know it works the other way?"
"Are you kidding??? My religion is irresistible. No God in his right mind would by-pass my religion for the religion of another."
"Is that all it takes to convince you that a god is in love with you?"
"Well ... what else do I NEED?"
You funny!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#490037 Nov 9, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I already told you why atheist agitators aren't worth responding to. The fact that you keep pushing it tells me you have an agenda.
What about "religious" agitators. Are you ready for a fight with them in defense that your own religion is the ONLY one based on absolute truth???

My guess is ... your answer is "YES!!! IN DEED I AM!!!"

:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#490038 Nov 9, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I already told you why atheist agitators aren't worth responding to. The fact that you keep pushing it tells me
you have an agenda.
HAVe,it YOUR way ..most atheists quote atheists,..not Vatican scholars ..I though the guy was,just some,priest till last night ..

I'd suggest NOT finding out about this,by you guys,..is the agenda,.

Whatever

Too much effort ..I'm just surprised
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#490039 Nov 9, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Purgatory is a place where Protestants become Catholics and Catholics become better Catholics!!!
A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

Although the pontifical definition of Purgatory dates from 1259, its popularity developed later, thanks chiefly to the prestige of Masses for the dead.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#490040 Nov 9, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>You funny!
The evil devils of all religions agree with you!

The HOLY gods (on the other hand) are not at all amused!

Apparently the devils are the only ones with a sense of humor.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#490041 Nov 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
HAVe,it YOUR way ..most atheists quote atheists,..not Vatican scholars ..
Excuse me ... I quote vatican nonsense quite often.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Pope: Hell Is a Real Place Where Sinners Burn in Everlasting Fire

ROME – Hell is a place where sinners really do burn in an everlasting fire, and not just a religious symbol designed to galvanize the faithful, the Pope said.

Addressing a parish gathering in a northern suburb of Rome, Pope Benedict XVI said that in the modern world many people, including some believers, had forgotten that if they failed to "admit blame and promise to sin no more," they risked "eternal damnation — the Inferno."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/03/28/pope-...
hojo

Chaska, MN

#490042 Nov 9, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
JESUS DID NOT SAY THAT PETER WAS CHOSEN ABOVE THE OTHERS..
HE MADE NO MENTION OF PETER BEING HIS VICAR...
-->NOTE THIS WAS AFTER THE ROMAN CATHOLIC'S ALLEGED APPOINTMENT OF PETER<--
This is just "another example" of the "never ending" (anti-catholic) distorting of the truth, the lies and the deceit that YOU Confrinting are "so famous for"! Why don't you quote the words of Jesus when He asked His Apostles,(in Mattew 16) "who do the people say that I am" --when Peter was the "only one" who said "you are the Christ, the son of the Living God!! Jesus then said BLESSED are you Peter, for no man has revealed this to you accept my Father in Heaven...... To you Peter, I give the "keys to the kingdom of Heaven"....... I am Praying for you Peter, that you will lead your other Brothers (Apostles). Peter was CLEARLY CHOSEN above the other Apostles, Confrinting and just because YOU continue to "pervert, distort and lie" about the confirmd TRUTH from over 2000 years and the SPOKEN, STATED and EXPRESSED Words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF, doesn't change the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the bible and Apostolic Church History, just because it doesn't fit you "anti-catholic (heretical (half-truth Christian ministry).........
You, Confrinting, can continue to "worship your bible and your bible verses"!........ I/we as Catholics will continue to worship JESUS CHRIST (and the TRUTH of HIS TRUE WORDS) in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church!!!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#490043 Nov 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I just had quite a heated debate with a staunch Christian who sees evil in other people and holiness in her self.
I told her that it was religion that put those thoughts in her head.
She disagreed!
She went so far as to state that medical doctors, on purpose, keep trying to harm her rather than cure her.
I told her I didn't believe that at all ... and on that note, our conversation ended.
Religion messes with people's brains ... and in turn all too often drives them to "distraction."
~~~
You wrote
Religion messes with people's brains .
It sure did scramble yours...
True Christianity is not a religion ...it is a relationship established with God through Jesus Christ the righteous...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#490044 Nov 9, 2013
Popes didn't agree with each other, so I suggest that they never got information from anywhere but from their own mortal obstinate arrogant WILLS.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Response to july 29 1999/pope john/ hell is not a place/state of being/cnn channel 30

Tres interesante!
Papal audience of Wednesday, July 28, 1999

The images of hell that Sacred Scripture presents to us must be correctly interpreted. They show the complete frustration and emptiness of life without God. Rather than a place, hell indicates the state of those who freely and definitively separate themselves from God, the source of all life and joy.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#490045 Nov 9, 2013
I suggest that purgatory was designed by none other than Catholic theologians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

No, Judaism does not have Purgatory. Purgatory, which is prominent in Catholic theology, is a place designed for an individual to redeem oneself, having the final opportunity of purification before entering Heaven. Purgatory arose from the Christian belief in original sin, and how everyone is born a sinner by virtue of descending from Adam. Therefore, innocent babies that died did not have the ability to be baptized and accept Jesus as their savior, or they were not christened, but they would be subject to Hell nonetheless. Consequently, the Catholics created Purgatory as a state after death for which individuals, particularly babies and children, could have the opportunity to purify their souls rather than be summarily subject to eternal damnation. It was a response to reconcile a seemingly heartless and merciless application of Christian doctrine with practical consciousness. Babies along with others have the opportunity to purify their souls in Purgatory to enter Heaven according to Catholic tradition.

Jews reject the idea that anyone is born sinful. We believe everyone is born with the ability to choose evil and the ability to choose good. We are not responsible for the sins of our forebears and they are not responsible for our transgressions.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Reform-Judaism-950 ...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#490046 Nov 9, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
True Christianity is not a religion ...it is a relationship established with God through Jesus Christ the righteous...
You are practicing witchcraft in the hopes of having the power and the control to make certain that Abrahamic Jehovah LOVES you and does not love the Jews, the Muslims, or the Catholics.

I suggest that your theology is wicked and based on greed, albeit not evil.

June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#490047 Nov 9, 2013
Religious ALERT!!!

Confrinting with the word knows that TRUE Christianity is not a religion.

That means that when I criticize Christianity, I am not being anti-religious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 11 min youareadufus 47,250
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min youareadufus 990,712
Crackdown On Liberal Safe Space 52 min HalloChristmasWeen 1
THE WHITAKER FAMILY of ODD, WV (Sep '11) 3 hr Just curious 78
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 4 hr Johnny 471
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 6 hr Doctor REALITY 13
Poll Do you think Juliet Huddy is hot? (Dec '07) 6 hr Trace 79
More from around the web