Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685768 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Valentine Day lover

Springfield, NJ

#489944 Nov 9, 2013
I went the protestant route for yrs. I found like you said,which was hands in the air,waving,vocal praise. It was loud and emotional for sure but,I noticed that it was alot of lip service without the obedience that Christ wanted. In other words,people felt that screaming "PRAISE THE LORD" in a building was more important than following the commandments and scripture.

I've been on a journey for much of my young adult life(young 20's-40's) until I found by accident(it was no accident,it was my finally 100 percent giving my will over) the Catholic church. No,we are not perfect but Christs church is always. I did have reservations prior to that so called find,but during much prayer and study,I found his truth EXACTLY how he intended and began it while on earth :-) Praise be to God!!!
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no doubt he would look a the,people and Be glad Christianity had flourished .And he might love the Mass
But walking around the beautiful treasures ..the,Tiaras ..the,art ..
Might HE not ask..have you fed all the,Lords,sheep ..?
Is,this such a time when NO ONE goes hungry ??
Admittedly he'd,like it now much more than in the Muddle,Ages .
Had he seen his,fellow Jews in bondage forced into conversion This,would not have sat well
As,for our services ..you'd be surprised at the richness of the sermons ..the preaching and music in some of our churches .the people living up their hands in true praises ..
The feelings of love..And seeing folks baptized ..seeing sincere conversions ..acceptance of Christ
The,Baptisms of newer believers
In fonts,..beaches ..he'd,feel right at home .
Admittedly ed developer at home in some than others,.
I don't think. He'd feel comfortable,with Joel Osteen ..
Our Lords,Supper uses the same words,that Jesus,did.
I think actually he would feel more at home in the mission fields,of Christianity..CATHOLUC and non Catholic ..
truth

Perth, Australia

#489945 Nov 9, 2013
serve you drug dilers criminals war mongers liars and so on

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I'N' RI
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#489946 Nov 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a,link to that priest scholar??
You may acquire his most excellent book on the infancy narratives here:

http://www.amazon.com/Birth-Messiah-Commentar...

Tell 'em Chess sent you.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#489947 Nov 9, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
you wrote
The bible is your idol and non Christians assume Catholics are like that too. It sucks.
So (you say ) the Bible sucks...
you post as a confirmed infidel...a typical
Why should I bother conversing with you when you draw such bizarre conclusions? how on earth did your brain make a connection that I was saying the Bible sucks??
The 73 Books of sacred scripture are the word of God. Its unbelievable how entwined those scriptures are with the Catholic Church. And the Mass makes those books come alive in ways you couldn't imagine, sir.

That's exactly why I'm convinced you are all bible idolaters. These books have become your god.
truth

Perth, Australia

#489948 Nov 9, 2013
not my
noooooooooooooooooooooo

i am honest

i say nechu..yee

i always say that nechu=no

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#489949 Nov 9, 2013
Valentine Day lover wrote:
I went the protestant route for yrs. I found like you said,which was hands in the air,waving,vocal praise. It was loud and emotional for sure but,I noticed that it was alot of lip service without the obedience that Christ wanted. In other words,people felt that screaming "PRAISE THE LORD" in a building was more important than following the commandments and scripture.
I've been on a journey for much of my young adult life(young 20's-40's) until I found by accident(it was no accident,it was my finally 100 percent giving my will over) the Catholic church. No,we are not perfect but Christs church is always. I did have reservations prior to that so called find,but during much prayer and study,I found his truth EXACTLY how he intended and began it while on earth :-) Praise be to God!!!<quoted text>
And I'm.glad for you ..really .

The,Holy Spirit can work when and how,He Chooses to bring souls,to Christ ...

Thing is,it's Not the same Church ..though a hundred times closer than it was before the Reformation..
Not only did he Reformation pave the way for bringing Faith to the,New,World and throughout the,world ...bibles to every corner of the earth even to the present day as that lovely story Marge posed about
NORTH KOREA,...But it led to the divestment of much of at least the secular power of the,RCC ..And that was by all appearances a,good thing .
It led to Vatican 2 and some ecumenical movement ..it led to some of your POPES recognizing Chritian belief in others ..apologies to the Jewish people .
AMAZING GRACE indeed .

God uses all things ..including the history of the,RCC to the GOOD ..

WE serve a,Great God .

And their are,INO Christians,in churches of EVERY denominations,..look.at Pelosi, Biden Kerry, Catholics for Choice .
truth

Perth, Australia

#489950 Nov 9, 2013
http://www.nccg.org/524Art-Hanukkah2004.html

they liked come in my name
its not
me

i been under attack so often
by evil satanic cruk corupt authority organization..

by
evilss
by criminals by war mongers by drug dillers by liars

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyy

it is written

tribe against tribe
people against people
nations against nation

go into hell
where is place for all of you evil corupt organization

it is written
-don't used my name in vain
- it is written don't be false evil satanic switness

is that your authority today

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
nobody wsill respecxt nothing
not me

n
Liam

Detroit, MI

#489951 Nov 9, 2013
Valentine Day lover wrote:
I've been on a journey for much of my young adult life(young 20's-40's) until I found by accident(it was no accident,it was my finally 100 percent giving my will over) the Catholic church. No,we are not perfect but Christs church is always. I did have reservations prior to that so called find,but during much prayer and study,I found his truth EXACTLY how he intended and began it while on earth :-) Praise be to God!!!<quoted text>
About the last thing I wanted to be was Catholic.(although I was baptized and semi- raised in the faith) when I was older I was not. I woke up on the floor of a mold, urine, blood and puke stained jail cell looking at 3-5 yrs in prison. That's where the Holy Spirit lifted me up. I repented and received another undeserving grace from God.
My personal desire was to join a evangelical mega Church like I would see on tv. I even considered Jehovah's Witness. Catholicism never really entered my mind until I found out something was wrong with these protestant groups. Seriously, I would mention I grew up Catholic, and the pastor or elders would launch into a speech about the evils of the Roman Catholic Church. Now, I never liked sitting in Church, the Mass was boring and the rules sucked. But I never once thought of it all as evil. Then, they would say all these other lies that I knew weren't true. Worshiping Mary? Lol. I definitely knew we didn't worship Mary when I was younger, and I also knew the honor we gave her didn't offend Jesus! I once was told that Catholics believe Purgatory is a second chance at redemption. I talked to a Priest, found out the truth and went to the in- law that told me that and they STILL wouldn't retract. They STILL told me I was wrong. They STILL continued on preaching a lie about Catholics. Crazy.
Anyway, they all had their chance to convince me. I gave them an honest fair try and they failed because they entwine so much deception into their faith. Ridiculous. They literally can not have a religion unless they falsely accuse the Catholic faith. But through all that, I still love them. I'll stop there.
God bless
truth

Perth, Australia

#489952 Nov 9, 2013
you are so corupt in mind
\
INRI

evil

you not serving me
noooooooooooooooooooooooo
truth

Perth, Australia

#489953 Nov 9, 2013
i don't be in vatican
noooooooooooooooo

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489954 Nov 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within theology ... that would be before the crucifixion?
The Catholics were the first ones to use the word Christian in the first century AD.
Not sure about specific Catholic Bible-babble but many Christians claim that Jesus and the Bible existed before the Creation and use John 1 as "proof".

It is impossible to use logic and reality with such insanity.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#489955 Nov 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
About the last thing I wanted to be was Catholic.(although I was baptized and semi- raised in the faith) when I was older I was not. I woke up on the floor of a mold, urine, blood and puke stained jail cell looking at 3-5 yrs in prison. That's where the Holy Spirit lifted me up. I repented and received another undeserving grace from God.
My personal desire was to join a evangelical mega Church like I would see on tv. I even considered Jehovah's Witness. Catholicism never really entered my mind until I found out something was wrong with these protestant groups. Seriously, I would mention I grew up Catholic, and the pastor or elders would launch into a speech about the evils of the Roman Catholic Church. Now, I never liked sitting in Church, the Mass was boring and the rules sucked. But I never once thought of it all as evil. Then, they would say all these other lies that I knew weren't true. Worshiping Mary? Lol. I definitely knew we didn't worship Mary when I was younger, and I also knew the honor we gave her didn't offend Jesus! I once was told that Catholics believe Purgatory is a second chance at redemption. I talked to a Priest, found out the truth and went to the in- law that told me that and they STILL wouldn't retract. They STILL told me I was wrong. They STILL continued on preaching a lie about Catholics. Crazy.
Anyway, they all had their chance to convince me. I gave them an honest fair try and they failed because they entwine so much deception into their faith. Ridiculous. They literally can not have a religion unless they falsely accuse the Catholic faith. But through all that, I still love them. I'll stop there.
God bless
Good for you..Really ..You are happy with the CHURCH in which you worship.

The Holy Spirit lifted you up out of your life .
I never would look to a metaphoric

Not one person..nor pastor in the Chur h I was baptized in talked about the RCC..in fact we were a small congregation..after talking with the pastor we had and the other members ..we opened our Church on Good Friday for quiet contemplation and prayer ..we,all came as we could ..it was lovely ..And yes,I suggested it..they knew it came from.my years,as a Catholic...everyone liked it .

Imagine that ....not one person threw a rock at me..nor put down the idea,.

They commemorated the Passover supper ..And of course had Sunday service ..as usual. But this,was not their tradition..

As in it was a,great time for Contemplation of he Passion..

See Clay ...You cannot judge peoples,hearts by one,or several Churches,.I loved that small Church..our worship and the people in it .
AND IT WAS NOT AS A CATHOLIC
That I realized the,full extent of what CHRIST did for us,
HE DID IT ALL ..HIS,SACRIFICE ..we are,BLOOD BOUGHT CHILDREN OF THE MOST HIGH GOD ..
We accept HE sAcrifice BY FAITH ..not ritual ...repent and follow Him

But NOTHING WE DO could pay for ONE SIN....iF HE,DID NOT TAKE ALL SIN ON THAT CROSS....there is nothing ..no more perfect sacrifice .

WE MUST REPENT OUR SIN....each and every one ..But the TREASURY o pay for he Sin is,not the Works of Saints or ourselves ..it was FINISHED..bought and paid ..at Calvary .

This year I went to Stations,..I still think the Catholic Church devotion to thE Passion a wonderful.thing .

You think.I hate the,Church..I do not .

Still I wonder a not one of you talkin about the matter of this,priest

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_E._Brown

Evidently held in high regard BUT CONROVERSIAL

http://www.americancatholic.org/News/RayBrown...

who yesterday's,poster says,disputed Luke about Mary ...

And not one of you wanted to touch it ..

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489956 Nov 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There were Catholics long before the bible became an ITEM.
I agree, I am merely pointing out there fallacy that their Bible existed prior to 350AD. It didn't.

There also many othe3r sects of Christianity before Constantine banned them (IE: killed and tortured them int conversion and burned their tests).
It was different outside Roman Control where the non-Pauline sects would be 'organized' under Muhammad.

Islam is just another Christian cult and just as 'valid' as Catholicism.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#489958 Nov 9, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You may acquire his most excellent book on the infancy narratives here:
http://www.amazon.com/Birth-Messiah-Commentar...
Tell 'em Chess sent you.
THANKS,but no intention of buying his book .

Funny thing the list of his books,on the,CATHOLUC site,praising him.

Says,his book.about the,Nativity is,out of print ..wonder if it has the Imprimatur IF IT SAYS,WHAT YOU SAY IT SAYS.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#489959 Nov 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Apples don't fall far beyond the umbrella of the tree. It is always an outside causation(influence) if/when they do.
I suggest that people of religion that hang around in groups find it more difficult to leave the group, than a person that has been religious, but has not been involved in (for instance) a church, mosque or synagogue.

I never was one to cotton to group activity concerning religion, and so when I left religion, I did it on my own and in turn never lost any so-called "friends" that were certain I had become a traitor to their "god."
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#489960 Nov 9, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Christians do not associate with witchcraft. Confessionals are part of the false doctrine of the Catholic church.
From my perspective ALL religion that depends on ritualistic superstition based all that nonsense on sorcery, or witchcraft, or fortune-telling, or voodoo, or shamanism, et cetera.

You don't appreciated that terminology because you want to perceive that you and your group are HOLY and others are evil. But I perceive that to be fair, all religion should painted by the same brush.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#489961 Nov 9, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
GENESIS is the oldest text on the planet.
History of religious texts

The oldest known religious texts are Pyramid texts of Ancient Egypt that date to 2400-2300 BCE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_text

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#489962 Nov 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...Well if you 've read my posts,since last night ..I'll join you gladly ..
Thank goodness for Nick ..But then he's,not Catholic ..nor has,his head in the sand ..nor threAtened somehow,by writing other than the so called early father's,....
If it's not from the EARLY FATHERS,..evidently it's not worth defending
I guess ...for tHE Catholics,in HERE
But yes,I'm excited ..those people have the faith of the persecuted .
GOD BLESS them ..just hope the North Koreans,don't watch Fox ..
You are very kind.
Orthodoxy has 2,000 years of theologians. If rational debate and discussion is your thing, you can find a lifetime of reading, information, and debate to fill your curious mind.

But, for Orthodox, the only reason theologians wrote, detailed and debated these subjects was to help those who did not know Jesus know something about Him. I

n other words, Orthodoxy has theology, but that is because people outside like to talk about it. Orthodoxy is about something totally different.

It is about falling in love.

We are not expected to understand what is too difficult for us, we are not expected to comprehend the incomprehensible

God is not interested in His people being right ABOUT Him, but being abiding (or living) IN Him.

God wants us to fall in love with Him, to revel in Him, to abide in Him.

This process of love falling deeper in love is never ending, because the God with whom we fall in love is infinite.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#489963 Nov 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you..Really ..You are happy with the CHURCH in which you worship.
The Holy Spirit lifted you up out of your life .
I never would look to a metaphoric
Not one person..nor pastor in the Chur h I was baptized in talked about the RCC..in fact we were a small congregation..after talking with the pastor we had and the other members ..we opened our Church on Good Friday for quiet contemplation and prayer ..we,all came as we could ..it was lovely ..And yes,I suggested it..they knew it came from.my years,as a Catholic...everyone liked it .
Imagine that ....not one person threw a rock at me..nor put down the idea,.
They commemorated the Passover supper ..And of course had Sunday service ..as usual. But this,was not their tradition..
As in it was a,great time for Contemplation of he Passion..
See Clay ...You cannot judge peoples,hearts by one,or several Churches,.I loved that small Church..our worship and the people in it .
AND IT WAS NOT AS A CATHOLIC
That I realized the,full extent of what CHRIST did for us,
HE DID IT ALL ..HIS,SACRIFICE ..we are,BLOOD BOUGHT CHILDREN OF THE MOST HIGH GOD ..
We accept HE sAcrifice BY FAITH ..not ritual ...repent and follow Him
But NOTHING WE DO could pay for ONE SIN....iF HE,DID NOT TAKE ALL SIN ON THAT CROSS....there is nothing ..no more perfect sacrifice .
WE MUST REPENT OUR SIN....each and every one ..But the TREASURY o pay for he Sin is,not the Works of Saints or ourselves ..it was FINISHED..bought and paid ..at Calvary .
This year I went to Stations,..I still think the Catholic Church devotion to thE Passion a wonderful.thing .
You think.I hate the,Church..I do not .
Still I wonder a not one of you talkin about the matter of this,priest
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_E._Brown
Evidently held in high regard BUT CONROVERSIAL
http://www.americancatholic.org/News/RayBrown...
who yesterday's,poster says,disputed Luke about Mary ...
And not one of you wanted to touch it ..
As far as your thing about a Priest who disagrees with a Marian doctrine? Who cares? There are tons of Priests and laity who disagree with certain aspects of the Church. Sometimes that even includes dogma. I'm sorry you thought it was a shocking bombshell.
If the Priest wants, he can leave the CC, pay $29.99 on the internet and become a minister. He can buy an old Blockbuster Video store and in no time, he'll have his own 'church'. Basically that's how your Protestantism began anyway.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#489964 Nov 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The papacy is just jealous of Solomon and Moses is all.
They never had that kind of power...and never will. They have to use multitudes of men to even come near their accomplishments, and then take the glory for it in deceit.
I suggest that Solomon and Moses were made-up characters by Jewish theologians.

Theologians were and still are always busy in their imaginations creating fictitious scenarios ... as that was and is how they earned and still earn their KEEPS.

Gerald Gardner was one of the most modern theologians that created quite a STIR with his fictional nonsense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Sojurner D Truth 26,282
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Gabriel 985,703
News Gov. Abbott suggests 'bathroom bill' is likely ... 1 hr nanoanomaly 5
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 58
to Maria Chapelle-Nadal: it's time to ROLL, sista' 5 hr Doctor REALITY 1
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 6 hr Anne Nonymiss 109
"BIGGEST SCAM in WORLD HISTORY...." 7 hr YTube 1st 1
More from around the web