Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 586639 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#489571 Nov 8, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> What's your problem with Paul being an Apostle?
If I may, "Paul" is a 3rd generation disciple.

Supposedly - there were only 13 original Apostles - and "Paul" was not one of those.

Please post where one of the original Apostles had agreed with "Paul's" own assertion.

Location hidden

#489572 Nov 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said believe AND be baptized. People are baptized on thier death bed all the time. Why would a person seeking Christ NOT ask for baptism? Who would preach Christ and NOT baptism?
Paul! the same person that you have been lying about when it came to his own Baptism..

and Me. I have always Preached Jesus Christ and Him crucified. nothing else has to be Preached nor should be Preached for a person to get Saved

Albuquerque, NM

#489574 Nov 8, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole split was stupid anyway. It had more to do with culture and language than sound doctrine.
"sound doctrine"

There are too many holes in your "sound doctrine" to be classified a this.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#489575 Nov 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said believe AND be baptized. People are baptized on thier death bed all the time. Why would a person seeking Christ NOT ask for baptism? Who would preach Christ and NOT baptism?
Clay said yesterday that a person who repented and received Christ on their death bed and passed without being baptized that they will be with God. Is he right?

Better question..why would Christ preach the gospel and not baptize???

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#489576 Nov 8, 2013
Fools that study the bible WANT to believe that a god created GOOD ... yet when it pertains to the other part of the scripture they claim that the part about the god creating evil means "something else."

How stupid and how self-serving is that attitude???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Isaiah 45:7 RHE
Douay-Rheims

I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things.

Albuquerque, NM

#489577 Nov 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And your type of Christianity is the PURE type???
How funny!
I'm not part of Christianity.

Are you disappointed?
truth

Australia

#489578 Nov 8, 2013
1-I am your lord
3-don't used god name in vain
5-don't be false witness
marge

Ames, IA

#489579 Nov 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"and is baptized shall be saved"...sounds like He's saying baptism is part of being saved.
and here it sounds like two separate things;

For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

Prince George, Canada

#489580 Nov 8, 2013
I suggest that ONLY a god that created evil would allow suffering of all forms of life to continue on and on and on in this earthly realm.

Religion is bunk, and that includes YOUR religion.

Location hidden

#489581 Nov 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"and is baptized shall be saved"...sounds like He's saying baptism is part of being saved.
Anthony, use your common sense. if water Saved a person, then jesus died in vain.

I believe if a person is physically able and is Born Again, they should be Baptized.

if they are not Born Again, by the Blood, it[baptism] will not allow them to have everlasting life, only an admittance to hell.

Being Born Again is the Essential part of Salvation, nothing else will suffice. as I have said, a Baptism document is NOT a ticket to heaven, and I don't worry my self over it[baptism] and if you were there several months ago when my granddaughter was Baptized and I was asked to help, I declined. I have Baptized very few individuals, just like Paul, but I have been fortunate to have seen more than just a few get Saved under my Preaching. Praise God for them.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#489582 Nov 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Can a person receive Christ by faith on their death bed without being baptized and still be saved when they die.

Clay's reply : A person can come to Jesus hours before they die and be saved.

**Are you right or is Clay?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#489583 Nov 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All people in all places of worship that place faith in their personalized theology are certain they have taught been the one and only truth.
If that was not true, they would not invest all their FAITH in the cults.
Do you think God approves of people worshipping him in a way other than what he commands us? There is one faith, one God and one Church, if that's to be true han there is but one way he wants us to worship him, and that's his way, the way it says in the bible. Do you worship him according to the bible? Let's see if you do. The bible says we are to be baptized, as baptism is essential to our salvation. The bible says every week, every Lord's day we are to partake of the Lord's supper and give according to our ability. We are not to use musical instruments in worshipping, only singing is allowed. The church of the bible was established in the year 33AD and the three thousands souls were added to the church that day. Peter was preaching that day and they asked Peter what did they need to do to be saved, Peter told them to repent and be baptized. The church has Elders, Deacons, teachers and preachers which is how the offices are set up. The church is NOT a denomination , it's autonomous. If your church doesn't do as this church does, which is the church of the bible, then you are not in the church of the bible, and that church is the Church of Christ. Matthew 16;18, Mark 16;16, Acts 2 37-41, Romans 16;16, Matthew 28;18-20, Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 16:2 1 Timothy 3:1-7: I have given you every verse that backs up what I have said in order for the church to be the true church of the bible. I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and get baptized and live your life for God.
truth

Australia

#489584 Nov 8, 2013

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#489585 Nov 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
May be you are,reading far back

Ok

But last night and this ,morning posts,were,made,regarding the Validity of the birth narrative ..supposedly by some priest...of Mary supposedly thinking her Son was,crazy

And the only answered,from your side was,that woman who SAYS she ,is ,CATHOLIC But says,her priest curses....jumping on a,typo. That was,obvious,and,CORRECTED ..And the other Catholic poster praising Ignatius,. Oh and about copies .
Which you all thought I was,wrong to say they made ..But now,insist is,what the,Church has

NO ONE,but my self stood up for MARY NOT thinking Her Son Crazy ..or giving the account to Luke .

SHe,was a,modest Jewish woman...who most likely kept his,secret UNTIL it was,time to tell it .

THe focus,during His,Life was,on His,ministry..

And,some priest according to CHESS says,the narrative does,NOT ring true ...
And those two focus,...on me or YOUR CHURCH ..instead of JESUS,and,His,mother .

Sorry ANTHONY I know,you're,sincere. But you all appear to think more of your CHURCH and Gotchas,than OUR LORD And the Scriptures ..leaving them open to be mocked

Prince George, Canada

#489586 Nov 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
If I may, "Paul" is a 3rd generation disciple.
Supposedly - there were only 13 original Apostles - and "Paul" was not one of those.
Please post where one of the original Apostles had agreed with "Paul's" own assertion.
How is your attempt to lead people into Gnostic-Christianity working out for you???

:)

Maybe if you keep trying, their selves will be just as pure as you perceive is YOUR self.

Wouldn't that please your emotions to the highest degree of emotional content???

Sarcasm intended.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#489587 Nov 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
You follow Jesus words:
"Be innocent like pigeons and cunning like snakes".

A good psychopath hides his true nature behind lofty words

So one moment he says: I command you to hate your dearest loved ones
And then he says: I command thee to love one another.
But when we read more closely understand that our neighbour is not our father, mother, brother, sister, child, but our fellow psychopath.

Of course it is strangely insane to command people to love, as love is a feeling that can not be commanded. But Jesus love is not the warm-hearted feeling like normal people understand it. Jesus love is mercy and obedience. That is the kind of love the psychopath understands. A psychopath will command his wife to love him (that is to fuck him). If he so likes he will command his children to fuck him. Like Jesus he commands people to love him or perish. It is love me or die.

Jesus is misunderstood, and not appreciated for what he is, a psychopath with a monumental ego that expects people to shed tears because he "sacrifices" himself. In Jesus spirit millions of psychopath have followed the same egomaniac path.

That is why Christianity is a cult with very dark, often cannibalistic rituals.
- They drink the blood of their God
- they eat his body
- they use a torture device as a holy symbol
- they see suffering as a path to liberation
- they whip themselves to feel one with their God
- the initiates often prefer secret abnormal sexual behaviour
- They find delight in destroying the innocence of children
- they forbid others bodily pleasures as weakness of the flesh
- the flesh should be tortured to free the spirit
- they welcome the end of this world
- etc.

Basically true Christians are insane.
but that this insanity is normality for them.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#489588 Nov 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You folks,..please, anytime you change SONETHING ..You deny it was,taught as fact ....You are,wrong on that ..I'm.assuming I'm.older than you are,...
YOU PEOPLE,TAUGHT LIMBO ..IT MADE A,HUGE IMPRESSION ON US,..
..WE WERE,TAUGHT THIS,....it wasn't that long ago.That you abolished it .it was,a very very CATHOLUC School ..ACTUAlly 2, in different states,
STILL one of your Catholics,posted that it's,still there,..which is how it got brought up ...
Rose, not saying you're wrong, they did teach limbo. Why? Might it be the fact that the bible doesn't say where unbelieving/unbaptized babies go?
marge

Ames, IA

#489589 Nov 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"See how a man is justified by works and not by faith alone."
The works show he was saved but didn't save him;

And since it is through God's kindness, then it is not by their good works. For in that case, God's grace would not be what it really is--free and undeserved.

Location hidden

#489590 Nov 8, 2013
For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

take note Anthony et al. Paul says nothing about Preaching water Baptism but always his heart and his mind is on Preaching the gospel. the Gospel is the [good news] that Jesus is resurrected, and with that acceptance, a person will get saved.

and if a person preaches that water baptism will save a person, then no one will ever be saved that believes that type of message.

Hope is here, shout the news to everyone
It's a new day, peace has come, Jesus saves
Mercy triumphs at the cross
Love is come to rescue us, Jesus saves

Hope is here what a joyful noise we'll make
As we join with heaven's song
To let all the world know that Jesus saves
Raise a shout to let all the world know that Jesus saves

Free at last, every debt has been repaid
Broken hearts can be remade, Jesus saves
Sing above the storms of life, sing through the darkest night
Jesus saves

Free at last, what a joyful noise we'll make
As we join with heaven's song
To let all the world know that Jesus saves
Raise a shout to let all the world know that Jesus saves

We'll sing it out to let all the world know
That Jesus saves
Raise a shout to let all the world know
That Jesus saves

You save, you heal, restore, reveal
Your Father's heart to us
You rose to raise us from the grave

Your spirit lives in us

Sing it out to let all the world know
That Jesus saves
Raise a shout to let all the world know that
Jesus saves

Shout it out to let all the world know
That Jesus saves
Raise a shout to let all the world know that
Jesus saves

Sing it out to let all the world know
That Jesus saves
Raise a shout to let all the world know
That Jesus saves

Oh, sing it out and shout 'til the whole world knows his name
(Jesus saves)
Sing it out and shout for we will know your name
(Jesus saves)

Jesus
Jesus

Prince George, Canada

#489591 Nov 8, 2013
Mortal men wrote all scriptures in all religions.

"God spoke to MY theologian ... but the devil spoke to YOUR theologian."

FOOLS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 min dollarsbill 3,755
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 min hiwaychristian 443,015
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min Hidingfromyou 831,708
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 46 min MUQ2 293
News Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 49 min MUQ2 38,119
EMIRGAN PROFILO Servis +( 212 299 15 34 )+ PROF... 1 hr profilo1 1
ISTINYE PROFILO Servis +( 212 299 15 34 )+ PROF... 2 hr profilo1 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr mike 611,976
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 hr Rosa_Winkel 99,367
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 hr Neelakaran 6,454
More from around the web