Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,955
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489406 Nov 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
L. Michael White: Professor of Classics and Director of the Religious Studies Program University of Texas at Austin
At what point did Christians start thinking of themselves as separate from Judaism?
The preacher of Antioch and later of Constantinople, John Chrysostom, complains in a series of eight sermons to his congregation, that "you must stop going to the Synagogue, you must not think that the Synagogue is a holier place than our churches are." This clearly indicates that the break between Judaism and Christianity, even as late as the 4th century ... still is not absolute, is not permanent.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows ...
Correct. It was only with Constantine and later Emperors' policies of exterminating Jews and non-Roman sects of Christians that the RCC emerged as the sole form of Christianity in the Empire and completely severed from Judaism.

Fortunately several manuscripts exist to dispels the lies of Modern Christianity.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#489407 Nov 7, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
One of the earliest Christian texts extant is a genuine letter from Paul to the Corinthians. At 1 Corinthians 15:3-5 he writes:
<quoted text>
This is a kerygma, a programmatic statement of faith. While Paul's letter is genuine -- his effort from around 50 AD -- the words in the above passage are not his. They represent a well-worn statement of faith, something he "received" and merely is repeating....
It also contradicts all the Canonical Gospels.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#489408 Nov 7, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
One of the earliest Christian texts extant is a genuine letter from Paul to the Corinthians. At 1 Corinthians 15:3-5 he writes:
<quoted text>
This is a kerygma, a programmatic statement of faith. While Paul's letter is genuine -- his effort from around 50 AD -- the words in the above passage are not his. They represent a well-worn statement of faith, something he "received" and merely is repeating.
It is a statement as old -- or nearly so -- as Christianity itself.
Notice this kerygma is devoid of any reference to a virgin birth. A virgin birth was not necessary to the faith of the earliest Christians. Indeed, it was not known to them.
Fast forward to Mark, written around 70 AD. In Mark, a polemic against the Jerusalem Assembly, Jesus' family is antagonistic to him. In Mark 3, for example, the following passage is found:
<quoted text>
Odd that, given the annunciation found in Luke 1:
<quoted text>
So Mary, having been told by an angel of the special mission of her son in Luke 1, thinks her son is nuts when he engages in that mission in Mark 3. And early Christians exclude any reference to a virgin birth in one of their earliest statements of faith found in the first letter of Paul to the Corinthians.
Why?
Because, as Raymond Brown notes, the infancy narratives represent a late layer of tradition incorporated in the gospels -- an afterthought that in many respects was inconsistent with the earlier tradition recorded in Mark. The annunciation is part of that later tradition and something not known to the earliest Christians or to the author of Mark, a gospel entirely silent about Jesus' birth -- let alone any miracle birth.
An early Christmas gift from Chess and re-post from another thread.
First Mary may have gone along wit the MALE relatives ...whoever we believe them to be ....as a,MEDIATOR between her children .

The brothers at first did not BELIEVE...But they came around .
Mary knew her son was special ..But even SHE may not have known
how special. But SHE DID KNOW HE WAS ABOUT HIS,FATHERS WORK.

I imagine HER CHIEF CONCERN...was,to try to keep Him.safe ...perhaps,away from the Priests . She knew He was not popular with them ..
Liam

Chicago, IL

#489409 Nov 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAY..what bothers,me,about you and a few others,
You hold these,WRITINGS in higher regard ..or seem to ..than the SCRIPTURES ...
Now,you ate saying something about they being better preserved ??
The writings of the Disciples of the Apostle are bothersome to you guys because they destroy your religion. You are forced to fall further into deceit and ignorance than you already are.

Yes, we have the original letters of Ignatius as written by him.. We do not have any of the original letters that the Apostles wrote, only copies.

The writings of the Apostolic fathers don't contradict the Bible, they support it even further.

Btw, just out of curiosity, why aren't Ignatius' letters in the Bible?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#489410 Nov 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler had a thing about pyre,Aryans,.
Lebensborns cranking out blonde,blue eyed ..tall fathers,
One has,to wonder if he,ever looked in a mirror
Interesting!

Paul, a pagan pretending to be a Jew.
Hitler, a Jew pretending to be a pagan.

I wouldn't trust or follow either of them.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#489411 Nov 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
If non-catholics chose "not to believe" that the Catholic Church is the Church that Jesus HIMSELF initiated and established biblically and historically---it becomes "their choice"! Over 2000 years of TRUE Apostolic Church History and the biblically documented writings from the Early Church Fathers who gave ALL of us the bible in 382,393, and 397 is "overwhelming proof enough". It then comes down to the 2000 years of Historical and Biblically VERIFIABLE TRUTH of Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church ---verses-------- the "personal opinions" of non-catholics and (in particular bible only editorializing self-appointed interpreters) who want to discuss , argue or debate the subject. The fact is that "THERE IS NOTHING TO DEBATE"!!!! The TRUTH has been proven over and over and over again for over 2000 years. There is NOTHING TO DISCUSS OR ARGUE!! If non-catholics want to debate the issue then they can go argue with the other 42,100 bible only contradicting "opinionate preachers" who can't agree on ANYTHING accept judging, rippinhg, condemning and hostily attacking the TRUE faith and salvation of other Christians (especially Catholics). It is the ONLY thing they have in common!! Attacking the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and HIS One True Apsotolic Catholic Church!!
Only catholics believe that your church is the True Church no other faith agrees with them and that includes the Orthodox Church

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#489412 Nov 7, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a kerygma, a programmatic statement of faith. While Paul's letter is genuine -- his effort from around 50 AD -- the words in the above passage are not his. They represent a well-worn statement of faith, something he "received" and merely is repeating.
It is a statement as old -- or nearly so -- as Christianity itself.
Notice this kerygma is devoid of any reference to a virgin birth. A virgin birth was not necessary to the faith of the earliest Christians. Indeed, it was not known to them.
Fast forward to Mark, written around 70 AD. In Mark, a polemic against the Jerusalem Assembly, Jesus' family is antagonistic to him. In Mark 3, for example, the following passage is found:
<quoted text>
Odd that, given the annunciation found in Luke 1:
<quoted text>
So Mary, having been told by an angel of the special mission of her son in Luke 1, thinks her son is nuts when he engages in that mission in Mark 3. And early Christians exclude any reference to a virgin birth in one of their earliest statements of faith found in the first letter of Paul to the Corinthians.
Why?
Because, as Raymond Brown notes, the infancy narratives represent a late layer of tradition incorporated in the gospels -- an afterthought that in many respects was inconsistent with the earlier tradition recorded in Mark. The annunciation is part of that later tradition and something not known to the earliest Christians or to the author of Mark, a gospel entirely silent about Jesus' birth -- let alone any miracle birth.
An early Christmas gift from Chess and re-post from another thread.
AND ONE HAS,TO IMAGINE LUKE got a great deal of information from Mary .

Who while Jesus,was alive MIST likely did not go around discussing the
Circumstances,of her brothel. Pregnancy and marriage ..Probably in later years ..Luke, speaking to her She was moved ..LED....INSPIRED .
to reveal the most personal details ...

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#489413 Nov 7, 2013
HER BETROTHAL...pregnancy and marriage ..
The ANGELS ..THE MAGI
AND THE CHILFREN IF BETHLRHEM .

ITS not like today when every personal thing is put on the WEB ..

And she was a MIDEST JEWISH WOMAN.

But Luke was,writing an account of His whole life ..not just what the other writers wrote of their experiences ...

“Love much, trust none”

There

#489414 Nov 7, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Only catholics believe that your church is the True Church no other faith agrees with them and that includes the Orthodox Church
Correct.

Every Abrahamic cult, sect and denomination and their members claim to be the only ones with "The Perfect Word of God".

Only one out of 30,000 Christian denominations is right, the others are going to Hell. I bet $1,000,000 yours is The One.

ROFLMAO

It is like watching cockroaches fight over a dog turd.
truth

Perth, Australia

#489415 Nov 7, 2013
Who are you?
God always listen prayers.
Then who is my listeners!
You my brothers and sisters, you are my family.
God say all of you my children daughters and sons.
Who is my church..who is alive?
Alive church in alive person alive soul.

Your body is temple of God.

is that your chair in coffee or tea restorante
or in your senate or ministers house..

Your body is my temple.

who is my killers
who say i am not exist
who is my abusers
who is my prosecutors
whhoooooooooooooo

it is written
you not love me not honor me

it is written
no-one
all is gone on other way path
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#489416 Nov 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
First Mary may have gone along wit the MALE relatives ...whoever we believe them to be ....as a,MEDIATOR between her children .
The brothers at first did not BELIEVE...But they came around .
Mary knew her son was special ..But even SHE may not have known
how special. But SHE DID KNOW HE WAS ABOUT HIS,FATHERS WORK.
I imagine HER CHIEF CONCERN...was,to try to keep Him.safe ...perhaps,away from the Priests . She knew He was not popular with them ..
Rose, Mary knew Jesus is God. She knew going in . She knew because she is the Immaculate Conception. We pray and Mary is the closest to Christ, She delivers our prayers straight to Him.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#489417 Nov 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The writings of the Disciples of the Apostle are bothersome to you guys because they destroy your religion. You are forced to fall further into deceit and ignorance than you already are.
Yes, we have the original letters of Ignatius as written by him.. We do not have any of the original letters that the Apostles wrote, only copies.
The writings of the Apostolic fathers don't contradict the Bible, they support it even further.
Btw, just out of curiosity, why aren't Ignatius' letters in the Bible?
COPIES ?????really...And you people laughed at me for saying they had to have copied these letters,..sent to divers places ..And passed them on to other Churches ...And to protect the content in Time of persecution ...INAGINE THAT . COPIES....

You folks,.

And how,MANY MANUSCRIPTS perished when JERUSALEM FELL
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#489418 Nov 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
AND ONE HAS,TO IMAGINE LUKE got a great deal of information from Mary .
Who while Jesus,was alive MIST likely did not go around discussing the
Circumstances,of her brothel. Pregnancy and marriage ..Probably in later years ..Luke, speaking to her She was moved ..LED....INSPIRED .
to reveal the most personal details ...
Quit blaspheming the mother of God. Mary never was in a brothel, had anything to do with a brothel. SHAME ON YOU. You are not a Christian at all.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#489419 Nov 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! And it drove many people TO insanity to in turn commit suicide ... and that included more than a few members of the clergy.
I have to agree.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#489420 Nov 7, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Only catholics believe that your church is the True Church no other faith agrees with them and that includes the Orthodox Church
I would hope that you'd believe that. It makes no sense that an Orthodox, or Pentecostal, or Muslim or Jew would be one if they weren't convinced it was the truth.
And btw Sera, the Catholic Church recognizes the Orthodox as a legitimate Church in the true sense of 'Church'. We have no idea why you guys don't offers us the same recognition.
And I also learned the other day that the Orthodox Church has always recognized the Bishop of Rome as the successor to Peter. Interesting. I know they don't think Peter was the head of the Apostles.... So likewise, Francis wouldn't have jurisdiction over Bartholemew I. But I still found it interesting they viewed John Paul II, Benedict and Francis as the legitimate successors to Peter.
truth

Perth, Australia

#489421 Nov 7, 2013
no
i am not going where you going..no
neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrr

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#489422 Nov 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
Every Abrahamic cult, sect and denomination and their members claim to be the only ones with "The Perfect Word of God".
Only one out of 30,000 Christian denominations is right, the others are going to Hell. I bet $1,000,000 yours is The One.
ROFLMAO
It is like watching cockroaches fight over a dog turd.
yuck! lol

Location hidden

#489423 Nov 7, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Why would a Christian like myself want to hear anything you have to say when you have decided to end up lost forever. The bible isn't the fault of your confusion , you are. The bible is quite easy to understand if you are really trying. God isn't the author of confusion. I believe if you will approach the bible with the right attitude you will be successful in learning what the bible has to say.
I have read it several times....and read many other religious writings of other religions.
You don't have to read or hear anything I might posit at all. That is totally up to you. BTW- YOU are not the only person on this interchange of communication, and "others" may very well be interested in my opinions and statements.
Neither am I confused. That is the supposition of your own making and perception of any presentation you may have witnessed(or think you have).
God did not "author" the bible...men did....just as all other writings preceding and since.
You are more than welcome to use the "scroll" option at any time-including my posts...I will not be offended.

Location hidden

#489424 Nov 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
You boast that your brand of Protestantism is right and all the other many religions are wrong.
I suggest that they are all based on nonsense ... INCLUDING YOURS!
You see ... you are not the only one on the forum that can SHOUT.
:)
----------
I use capitals for emphasis...not for shouting.
:):):):)
KM
Thanks for clarifying. It's good to know that.
I usually scroll if I think someone is just shouting emotion.

Location hidden

#489425 Nov 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
HMMMM boy I get a,lot of Judgit Icons,...even for non controversial posts.
Whose,lurking oh there,???
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"-OZ

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Aura Mytha 764,923
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 10 min MUQ2 37,651
What Obama will buy in the Black Friday !! 16 min Mick- 2
Moses never existed 1 hr Dr Wu 561
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Ugly Truth from d... 603,644
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 4,413
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Remnant of 144000 39,157
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Roberta G 175,047
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Dr_Zorderz 263,529
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 5 hr zafar 1,183

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE