Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,997
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489383 Nov 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate you pointing out the fact that Paul practiced what he preached....
Just like Adolf Hitler!

Praise Paul!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#489384 Nov 7, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The Catholic Church is a false church only spewing false doctrine. Why do you have trouble seeing that. The true church is the Church of Christ which was created in the year 33AD on the day of Pentecost. When you read the bible and I don't mean the catholic bible as that should tell you something is wrong when they have to have their own bible, could it be to support their lies, yes. The Catholic Church doesn't do anything the bible and I can't figure how you can't see that. There's nothing about a Catholic Church in the bible and there's nothing in the bible about a Pope, so why do you believe in a false doctrine that doesn't come from the bible. The Pope didn't come about until 606 AD. You need to go to the nearest Church of Christ and get baptized and live the rest of your life working for the Lord. The date was around 300 AD.......... they will try to tell you they were the church started by Jesus..... but that is NOT true........ The True Church was commissioned by God.... on The Day of Pentecost. The papist Catholics have no Authority from God for their dogma / "traditions", they are no part of The True Church. Look at the date they came into existence, it isn't 33AD which the Church of Christ is. They do not worship according to the bible at all, and that confuses me on how you can't see that if you read your bible, again I don't mean the Catholic bible, any bible other than the Catholic bible.
Here is what a Disciple of The Apostle John said. His name is Ignatius of Antioch and he was ordained a Bishop by Peter. Unlike the origional manuscripts of the NT, his writings are still preserved on the same paper he wrote them on between 90 AD and 107 AD.
"Wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to Baptize or give Communion without the consent of the Bishop; therefore whatever has his approval will be pleasing to God; thus will be safe and valid"

"Take not to those who hold heterdox opinions on the grace of Jesus Christ who has come to us. They abstain from the Eucharist and prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of Jesus Christ who has come to us. Flesh which suffered for our sins and the father in His goodness raised up again. Those who deny this gift are perishing in their disputes"

wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch

Does the Church of Christ believe the bread and wine are the real presence of Jesus Christ or a symbol?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#489385 Nov 7, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Jewish my friend, not Catholic, did you see a Catholic Church in the bible, NO, bet you seen a Jewish Synagogue though.
The Greek word for Church is Ekklesia, which appears 114 times in 111 New Testament verses.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Catholic Encyclopedia

History

From the outset of Christianity the synagogue was in full power of its various functions; the New Testament speaks thereof fifty-five times.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/14379b.htm
truth

Perth, Australia

#489386 Nov 7, 2013
You forget who posses life from where.

Don't forget what is written!

multiply

I will multiply all of you in prosper for better!

now
Thank you!
Please tell me where real God say about judging!

Please tell me did you find what I say to you!

Its exist parallel systems many many universal yee under loving Power.

Prince George, Canada

#489387 Nov 7, 2013
As Catholicism broke away more and more from Judaism, the Catholics favored their own terminology to that of the Jews.

They in turn vilified Judaism as being blasphemy.

It was their aim to make Catholicism seem as the only truth on earth. And the Protestants were of no different aim than were the Catholics.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book,“The Papal Conspiracy Exposed, and Protestantism Defended,” by Rev. Edward Beecher, published in 1855, comes the following.

At this time we aim; because it is our firm conviction that we, as a Protestant nation, have received our principles from God, and that he has assigned to us the sublime mission and the glorious destiny of making them universal.

Prince George, Canada

#489388 Nov 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
CALL IT WHAT YOU WISH...
I do! I call all religion ... including yours ... a scam. It was and is, all about theologians trying to control all other humans on earth to follow their own wills!

"Follow my words, and 'I' will teach you the one and only truth concerning the hereafter ... blah ... blah ... blah!"
truth

Perth, Australia

#489389 Nov 7, 2013
It is written..what is hide from your eyes and close from your ear.

I say to you many parallel system exist.

Possessors and deceivers are who?!

Prince George, Canada

#489390 Nov 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the Church of Christ believe the bread and wine are the real presence of Jesus Christ or a symbol?
"Synagogue of Jehovah" would be the respectful terminology.

Prince George, Canada

#489391 Nov 7, 2013
L. Michael White: Professor of Classics and Director of the Religious Studies Program University of Texas at Austin

At what point did Christians start thinking of themselves as separate from Judaism?

The preacher of Antioch and later of Constantinople, John Chrysostom, complains in a series of eight sermons to his congregation, that "you must stop going to the Synagogue, you must not think that the Synagogue is a holier place than our churches are." This clearly indicates that the break between Judaism and Christianity, even as late as the 4th century ... still is not absolute, is not permanent.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows ...
truth

Perth, Australia

#489392 Nov 7, 2013
Who hide?.. possessors and deceivers..they are destroyers not me.

Prince George, Canada

#489393 Nov 7, 2013
Well ... the split between Judaism and Catholicism became permanent when the emperor Constantine gave the Catholics ALL the power over all other religions, including Judaism.

The Jews that would not conform were tortured and murdered.

Religion was and is not based on any semblance of truth. It's based on bullying!

"Do it my way or die." "Do it my way or burn in hell."

Prince George, Canada

#489394 Nov 7, 2013
More bullying!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

This group of Jews believed in forced conversion, even of other Jews.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The Maccabees also spelled Machabees Machabi (Latin) or Machado from Latin (marculatum) that means "Hammer" (Greek/) were a Jewish rebel army that took control of Judea, which had been a client state of the Seleucid Empire. They founded the Hasmonean dynasty, which ruled from 164 BCE to 63 BCE, reasserting the Jewish religion, expanding the boundaries of the Land of Israel, by conquest, which included instances of forced conversion, reducing the influence of Hellenism and Hellenistic Judaism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maccabees
truth

Perth, Australia

#489395 Nov 7, 2013
crime which they set up and produce
accusers prosecutors this or that

not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

it is written

-its exist very low organization many many
-it exist many high organization

they ruin life of good and righteousness people..

by

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#489396 Nov 7, 2013
One of the earliest Christian texts extant is a genuine letter from Paul to the Corinthians. At 1 Corinthians 15:3-5 he writes:
Paul wrote:
For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance:

That Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
That he was buried,
That he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and
That he appeared to Peter and then to the Twelve.
This is a kerygma, a programmatic statement of faith. While Paul's letter is genuine -- his effort from around 50 AD -- the words in the above passage are not his. They represent a well-worn statement of faith, something he "received" and merely is repeating.

It is a statement as old -- or nearly so -- as Christianity itself.

Notice this kerygma is devoid of any reference to a virgin birth. A virgin birth was not necessary to the faith of the earliest Christians. Indeed, it was not known to them.

Fast forward to Mark, written around 70 AD. In Mark, a polemic against the Jerusalem Assembly, Jesus' family is antagonistic to him. In Mark 3, for example, the following passage is found:
Mark wrote:
Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat. When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said,“He is out of his mind.”
Odd that, given the annunciation found in Luke 1:
Luke wrote:
Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favor with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
So Mary, having been told by an angel of the special mission of her son in Luke 1, thinks her son is nuts when he engages in that mission in Mark 3. And early Christians exclude any reference to a virgin birth in one of their earliest statements of faith found in the first letter of Paul to the Corinthians.

Why?

Because, as Raymond Brown notes, the infancy narratives represent a late layer of tradition incorporated in the gospels -- an afterthought that in many respects was inconsistent with the earlier tradition recorded in Mark. The annunciation is part of that later tradition and something not known to the earliest Christians or to the author of Mark, a gospel entirely silent about Jesus' birth -- let alone any miracle birth.

An early Christmas gift from Chess and re-post from another thread.
truth

Perth, Australia

#489397 Nov 7, 2013
i am not in any synagog
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
never
truth

Perth, Australia

#489398 Nov 7, 2013
what others tray set up
is perfectly evil and clear..
many evil spirits and invisible forces
yeeeee

they are evil

not me

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#489399 Nov 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like Adolf Hitler!
Praise Paul!
Hitler had a thing about pyre,Aryans,.

Lebensborns cranking out blonde,blue eyed ..tall fathers,

One has,to wonder if he,ever looked in a mirror

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#489400 Nov 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is what a Disciple of The Apostle John said. His name is Ignatius of Antioch and he was ordained a Bishop by Peter. Unlike the origional manuscripts of the NT, his writings are still preserved on the same paper he wrote them on between 90 AD and 107 AD.
"Wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to Baptize or give Communion without the consent of the Bishop; therefore whatever has his approval will be pleasing to God; thus will be safe and valid"
"Take not to those who hold heterdox opinions on the grace of Jesus Christ who has come to us. They abstain from the Eucharist and prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of Jesus Christ who has come to us. Flesh which suffered for our sins and the father in His goodness raised up again. Those who deny this gift are perishing in their disputes"
wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch
CLAY..what bothers,me,about you and a few others,
You hold these,WRITINGS in higher regard ..or seem to ..than the SCRIPTURES ...
Now,you ate saying something about they being better preserved ??

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489401 Nov 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus
Now, Now, my fellow seeker.

In 1700 years the words of Jesus have fallen on the deaf ears of Christians. Do not expect them to listen now.
truth

Perth, Australia

#489402 Nov 7, 2013
is sofonija as phone your digital god..

How many God you have?

Did you act as conciseness or simple read what so ever.
Don't be naive think with your mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Crew Fiber Pliable Molding Cream Hair ... 3 min Amimar 1
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 6 min i want it 1,099
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min dirty white boy- 753,782
She looks great even without any makeup !! 1 hr Better bones than... 7
Oldest Language in India : Telugu or Sanskrit ?? (Feb '12) 1 hr prajju 189
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr AussieBobby 262,098
mycashbot.com Review : MY CASH BOT SCAM? 2 hr dess71 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr bmz 96,462
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 5 hr Little Voice 174
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 hr BenAdam 602,855