Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
472,081 - 472,100 of 533,565 Comments Last updated 22 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
RECEIVING JESUS AS YOU LORD AND SAVIOR ...
DOES NOT GIVE ANY ON A FREE PASS ...FOR THEIR FUTURE SINS...
Which "Protestant" theologian taught THAT dogma???

And did he also shout when he was passing the dogma as being based on truth ... "down" to you???

:)
Catholic Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
No ... I haven't. Theories and more theories.
so you don't believe written proof, only thing you belief is what's made up in your head or seen on tv and in movies.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We,must have faith as,CHILDREN ..
In your own cult's dogmas.

That was the aim of the crafty theologians in ALL religions.

"Captivate their brains, and they will trust you to do all the thinking for them."

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Peace
Not to be contradictory, but isn't the basis of your "religion of no-religion" based on personal perception (i.e. Self)?
And if I were not being honest, and/or gave an impersonal mis-perception, then would that only be anti-Self?, or some intellectual construct as a substitute of being enlightened?
My citation..., well that would go to depending on other men's understanding. And if I have tested that understanding and find it valid, and accept such writings as inspired by God, then I am satisfied.(You don't have to accept it, your choice.)
I could recite a couple of Bible verses for you if you are interested?
Peace
Why do you promote the Self with "You don't have to accept it, your choice." - and then completely refute it in a previous statement?

You sound confused.

Maybe you should stop reciting Bible verses and begin to understand what you read. A good starting point would be to better understand what Jesus taught, and in order to do that, you would need to believe in all of what he taught, not jsut what certain fallible men have claimed.

"I could recite a couple of Bible verses for you if you are interested?"
- at this point in my life, you haven't anything of substance that could benefit me, so please don't try to claim you do or can.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>... read the 9th chapter of hebrew
Why should I care what the admitted liar, fraud and murderer PAul said ?

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
How was Moses saved?
Looking forward to the,Promise ..obeying Yahweh Lord..redeemed by Christ

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Once humans believe that a god or gods prefer them over others, many can't seem to resist the urge to preach AT others how to learn to be holy.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
so you don't believe written proof,
Do you believe the Muslim's concept of "written proof?"

Words prove nothing.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz
Peace
You write, " Baptism of babies is a dedication...."
If this is true, then what about baptism of adults? Is this not also a dedication? An acknowledgement to a set of vows to God?
I think, one must be born-again. And that is of God through Jesus Christ. And so one is Baptised by God when one is born-again, through faith. The act of human baptism is one of sacramental nature.
But in the end, as you write also that no one knows if a baptized baby will become a Christian when they get older. The same is true of a person who takes the vows of baptism, and then breaks them..., which leads us back to the much debated argument here on "once saved always saved".
It is the free-will and act of God, through His Mercy in Jesus Christ which touches our souls for us to become born-again. So it is not within our understanding to determine, but rather God's Providence when one is Born-Again.
Peace
I agree with you ..we,are born again by faith ...not Baptism

And there is,no guarantee that anyone will not stray ....a born again believe t with true Faith has an Advocate with the Father ...And,through the work of the HOLY SPIRIT is led to repentance .

But a,baptized baby. Who might never give their life to Christ ..once they have reason ..that's,a different story .

Some people baptize as ceremony .it's expected ..or they feel baptism alone has power like a talisman
.And their kids are not raised in any belief ..

Faith in Jesus saves . True Faith leads to Christian behaviour ..hopefully ..our eyes and hearts need to be on Him..if we stray ..we need to repent TO HIM...we are coveted by His blood ....

Not he works in some treasury of dead saints ...by indulgence

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking forward to the,Promise ..obeying Yahweh Lord..redeemed by Christ
Men used words to promise those in cults that the men knew truth.

The theologians lured you IN because they spotted your greed to believe that YOU were SPECIAL to a god.

It was that greed that caught you and holds you in the bondage of your cult.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
But Jesus wasn't even dead yet so I guess that "resurrection requirement" posted here is bullshit.
What a screwd up bunch of contradictory cults you all have.
~~~
JESUS DIED BEFORE THE THIEF DID ....

THIS MEANT THAT THE THIEF DIED UNDER GRACE...the blood of Jesus covered his sins...

just as it will cover yours if you repent...

___
Your objectionable language is contradicts ANY CHRISTIAN EXPERIENCE

YOU MIGHT CLAIM...

Jesus said

Mat_12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Luk_6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok...then how was Abraham saved?
Same as,Moses,..
BELIEVED,God's,promise,...look ing forward ...FAITH.
Redeemed by Jesus,

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

"If a god says I am special ... then I will preach at others that I AM special, and hope that they in turn will also learn how to be special ... just like ME!"

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you ..we,are born again by faith ...not Baptism
Whose intellect taught to believe that dogma was and is based on truth???

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

real Papaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Prior to Jesus, all were saved by the Grace of God.
And,Redeemed by Christ

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>.
Wrong, there is more to do, that is baptism. Baptism is essential to one's salvation. Jesus when he was being ascended to heaven gave instructions to his Apostles to teach and BAPTIZE, this is the last few words that Jesus said before going to be with his Father, and you think that's not important being that this is his last words. Yes you must be baptized and you must be in the church spoken of in the bible or how else are you going to be taught in spirit and in truth. The church in the bible is the Church of Christ, as this is the only church on this planet that one can go and worship in spirit and in truth. I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and get baptized and live your life as a Christian until you are called home. Mark 16;16, Matthew 16;18, Acts 2 37-37, Romans 16;16 1.
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"
[English Standard Version, Matthew 28:19]
"And Peter said to them, Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
[Acts 2:38]
"I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
[Matthew 3:11]
"For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ."
[Galatians 3:27]
"For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body--Jews or Greeks, slaves or free--and all were made to drink of one Spirit."
[1 Corinthians 12:13]
"Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life."
[Romans 6:3]
"And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name."
[Acts 22:16]
"John appeared, baptizing in the wilderness and proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins."
[Mark 1:4]
"Crispus, the ruler of the synagogue, believed in the Lord, together with his entire household. And many of the Corinthians hearing Paul believed and were baptized"
[Acts 18:8]
"because [fn] they formerly did not obey, when God's patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water. Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,"
[1 Peter 3:20-21]
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>hank, I am going to tell you one more time and then I am going to leave you alone and consider you a heretic and a antichrist(and I mean it).
on 8/25/82 around 8:30 that Wed evening, I asked God what must I do, and He answered me and said Come. I got in my car and drove 12 miles to the little church that I was raised up in. I walked in with the intention of going to the altar, but God stopped me and told me to set down. in afew minutes, my mom knew that I was back there sitting and came back and told me that I need to come and give me life to the Lord. then I was released and I walked up and knelt at that altar. a few minutes later, I felt something wet as it covered my head. and I knew that it was the Blood of my Savior. when I stood up, that feeling went all of the way down into my feet. and I knew that he had forgiven me. the next night, I went to bed and I woke up around 3:00 and was very thirsty, and so I got up to get a pepsi to drink and God told me that it wasn't Pepsi that I was thirsting for and He told me to lay down and then a Spiritual experience took place as holes opened up in my body and water came gushing out. this is Biblical, it isn't the lies that you have been told nor the lies that you tell on this forum. 9 months and one day later, I was Baptized by water.
Please don't respond to me any more. I am tired of your disfiguration of the Holy Scriptures. I have considered you a nice guy in the past but the devil also appears as a angel. you are no different, you are a heretic and I must from now on consider you a enemy of mine and the gospel.
I am truly sorry that you feel this way about me....

But, I still like you and respect you....

I will abide by your wishes and will not respond to you...

I will leave you with two questions:

How can a person be saved from their sins before baptism as we MUST die to our sins?

We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?

Does God really mean what He says?

The Word of God as "the perfect law of liberty."

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Final part,

"having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead."

[Colossians 2:12]

"Otherwise, what do people mean by being baptized on behalf of the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why are people baptized on their behalf?"

[1 Corinthians 15:29]

"And Paul said, "John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in the one who was to come after him, that is, Jesus." On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus."

[Acts 19:4-5]

"one Lord, one faith, one baptism"

[Ephesians 4:5]

"Can anyone withhold water for baptizing these people, who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?"

[Acts 10:47]

"and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea,"

[1 Corinthians 10:2]

"But when they believed Philip as he preached good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women."

[Acts 8:12]

"And all the country of Judea and all Jerusalem were going out to him and were being baptized by him in the river Jordan, confessing their sins."

[Mark 1:5]

"Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, so that no one may say that you were baptized in my name.(I did baptize also the household of Stephanas. Beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized anyone else.) For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power."

[1 Corinthians 1:13-17]

"Now when Jesus learned that the Pharisees had heard that Jesus was making and baptizing more disciples than John (although Jesus himself did not baptize, but only his disciples),"

[John 4:1-2]
- See more at: http://www.prayers-for-special-help.com/bible...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth, why wouldn't God accept a heartfelt 'death bed confession?'
And why do you demand that a death bed confession needed to be illustrated in a scripture verse? Not everything Jesus said or did is documented in scripture. Agree? His Apostles didn't document everything either..
like Chuck said, the thief on the cross was saved just before death and without the normal Baptism.
Clay,

Do you not believe that Jesus had the authority to forgive sins while He was here on earth?

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

If you want a "personalized" sermon ... I suggest you ask devout believers a question concerning religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Does God love protestants more than catholics?

Best Answer

Catholicism is true Christianity. Jesus established the Catholic Church in 33AD,not 38,000 denominations, or non denominations as in Protestant Christianity. As for Catholic Christians we believe in the following:

I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,

and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and became man,

For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

423 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min lightbeamrider 722,102
Last Word + 2 15 min kansas 289
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 16 min WasteWater 3,992
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 16 min CIVAN 4,907
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min Patrick 224,606
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 27 min ocxz 115,596
Carly Carrigan, you may all know her from Famil... (Jul '11) 38 min Jack 52
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 256,962
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 4 hr nightgown 123