Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 578,718
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#489241 Nov 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth, why wouldn't God accept a heartfelt 'death bed confession?'
And why do you demand that a death bed confession needed to be illustrated in a scripture verse? Not everything Jesus said or did is documented in scripture. Agree? His Apostles didn't document everything either..
like Chuck said, the thief on the cross was saved just before death and without the normal Baptism.
Clay,

Do you not believe that Jesus had the authority to forgive sins while He was here on earth?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#489242 Nov 7, 2013
If you want a "personalized" sermon ... I suggest you ask devout believers a question concerning religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Does God love protestants more than catholics?

Best Answer

Catholicism is true Christianity. Jesus established the Catholic Church in 33AD,not 38,000 denominations, or non denominations as in Protestant Christianity. As for Catholic Christians we believe in the following:

I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,

and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and became man,

For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#489243 Nov 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I care what the admitted liar, fraud and murderer PAul said ?
I appreciate you pointing out the fact that Paul practiced what he preached

The Apostle Paule did what the Bible said he should do...

He admitted his sins...

1Jn 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

NOTE
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Have you admitted (confessed) owned your sins, AND ASK GOD TO FORGIVE YOU?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#489244 Nov 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So that poor Muslim or Chinese person..who somehow,comes to faith and there is,no Church ...
The,SPIRIT calling him to faith is,speaking in vain ??
No way ..
Rose,

If there is no church around so the person can HEAR the Gospel of Jesus Christ, what will the person have faith/belief in?

The Gospel has to be preached first.....

Prince George, Canada

#489245 Nov 7, 2013
Hahahahaha

Jesus established the Catholic church!

I suggest that would be news to any faithful Jew on earth OR in Olam Haba ... if such a place existed in the sky.

:)
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#489246 Nov 7, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
Final part,
"having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead."
[Colossians 2:12]
"Otherwise, what do people mean by being baptized on behalf of the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why are people baptized on their behalf?"
[1 Corinthians 15:29]
"And Paul said, "John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in the one who was to come after him, that is, Jesus." On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus."
[Acts 19:4-5]
"one Lord, one faith, one baptism"
[Ephesians 4:5]
"Can anyone withhold water for baptizing these people, who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?"
[Acts 10:47]
"and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea,"
[1 Corinthians 10:2]
"But when they believed Philip as he preached good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women."
[Acts 8:12]
"And all the country of Judea and all Jerusalem were going out to him and were being baptized by him in the river Jordan, confessing their sins."
[Mark 1:5]
"Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, so that no one may say that you were baptized in my name.(I did baptize also the household of Stephanas. Beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized anyone else.) For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power."
[1 Corinthians 1:13-17]
"Now when Jesus learned that the Pharisees had heard that Jesus was making and baptizing more disciples than John (although Jesus himself did not baptize, but only his disciples),"
[John 4:1-2]
- See more at: http://www.prayers-for-special-help.com/bible...
So folks like Moses, Abraham, David etc...received salvation a different way than folks like Timothy, Titus, Paul etc....?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#489247 Nov 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar. Evidently you do not believe what Jesus said. John 3:16, "For God so loved the world,fn that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."
Show me where Jesus said in order to be saved we must be baptized and if we are not baptized we are not saved and are condemned to hell forever. Show me these specific words of instruction from the Master to us.
<quoted text>
You might be condemned for your sins but my sins, past, present and future were forgiven the day I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.
You said, quote, "Because it was weakened by the flesh......SIN....
He CONDEMNED SIN in the flesh....." End quote.
So let me get this straight. You believe that Jesus, born of a woman in a human fleshly body, was a sinner? After Jesus baptism he went out to the desert and was tempted by Satan for 40 days. Did Jesus overcome the temptations of Satan as God or as a man?
OLDJG,

Jesus was sinless....

Jesus was baptized to fulfill all righteousness....

This world was already condemned because of sin....this is why Jesus came....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#489248 Nov 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
We can go on an on debating this subject...but when all the dust has settled...
God can wave the water baptism ....as he did for the one that was redeemed
( the thief)on the cross..
He was saved as by fire and he will have no rewards...for he had no works...
1Co_3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
Jud 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:
Jud 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
God is the one that will determine each one's
GIF,

Water baptism was established when?

What did Peter tell them to do?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#489249 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
"You might be condemned for your sins but my sins, past, present and future were forgiven the day I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior."
____
I do not believe that our future sins are forgiven when we get saved
only our passed sins....
AFTER BEING BORN AGAIN....We have to deal with our sins and.... confess them... for them to be put under the Blood.
THE BIBLE SAYS..
Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of
--> sins THAT ARE PAST,<-- through the forbearance of God;
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
IF WE DON'T THEY WILL STAND AGAINST US IN THE JUDGMENT..
RECEIVING JESUS AS YOU LORD AND SAVIOR ...
DOES NOT GIVE ANY ON A FREE PASS ...FOR THEIR FUTURE SINS...
Thank you!
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#489250 Nov 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you promote the Self with "You don't have to accept it, your choice." - and then completely refute it in a previous statement?
You sound confused.
Maybe you should stop reciting Bible verses and begin to understand what you read. A good starting point would be to better understand what Jesus taught, and in order to do that, you would need to believe in all of what he taught, not jsut what certain fallible men have claimed.
"I could recite a couple of Bible verses for you if you are interested?"
- at this point in my life, you haven't anything of substance that could benefit me, so please don't try to claim you do or can.
NASL

Peace

Well, that is why I asked? You appear not particularly interested in Bible verses, so why should I provide them?

But when you ask for a citation, to me, you are asking for a valid reference. And if you dismiss the Bible, that is one thing, but if I consider it a valid reference(when properly used), it remains a "valid" citation(and I need not prove it to you).

You make a religion of preaching "no religion necessary". It is because the brain seeks order, and your religion is not an exception.

I think everyone is seeking order in their lives, and the closer one comes to finding such order, there is a danger in bias, and assumptions.

If you were to hold a different view than an absolute rejection of religion, then your bias and assumptions would allow a more "lenient", tolerant, compassionate view, at least on this post.(In person, I am sure you are all of these. And a very likable person.)

But I understand the difficulty in expressing oneself in a forum....

Peace

Prince George, Canada

#489251 Nov 7, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
"Now when Jesus learned that the Pharisees had heard that Jesus was making and baptizing more disciples than John (although Jesus himself did not baptize, but only his disciples),"
[John 4:1-2]
All the theological contradictions are quite revealing in the sense that men were simply playing with their pens in hand ... as do little children when they play with sticks in sand.

#489252 Nov 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I am truly sorry that you feel this way about me....
But, I still like you and respect you....
I will abide by your wishes and will not respond to you...
I will leave you with two questions:
How can a person be saved from their sins before baptism as we MUST die to our sins?
We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?
Does God really mean what He says?
The Word of God as "the perfect law of liberty."
~~~

SO YOU ARE SAYING THAT SINCE THE THIEF ON THE CROSS WAS NOT BAPTIZED

THAT JESUS LIED WHEN HE SAID...

Luk_23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee,

To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#489253 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
JESUS DIED BEFORE THE THIEF DID ....
THIS MEANT THAT THE THIEF DIED UNDER GRACE...the blood of Jesus covered his sins...
just as it will cover yours if you repent...
___
Your objectionable language is contradicts ANY CHRISTIAN EXPERIENCE
YOU MIGHT CLAIM...
Jesus said
Mat_12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
Luk_6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
Again, GIF, when was water baptism established?

Jesus had the authority here on earth to forgive the thief right then and there.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#489254 Nov 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OLDJG,
Jesus was sinless....
Jesus was baptized to fulfill all righteousness....
This world was already condemned because of sin....this is why Jesus came....
And then it starts all over again, like a cycle.....we have to wait for him to come back?

Why? He didn't do a good enough job the first time?

Why don't you believe Jesus when he says that salvation starts with you?

#489255 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
SO YOU ARE SAYING THAT SINCE THE THIEF ON THE CROSS WAS NOT BAPTIZED
THAT JESUS LIED WHEN HE SAID...
Luk_23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee,
To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
~~~

WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THE WORD'S OF PAUL IN...

1Co 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1Co 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified,

unto the Jews a stumblingblock,

and

unto the Greeks foolishness;

1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#489256 Nov 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That is sick and perverted belief.
It is also NOT supported by the Bible.
The most important offering in the entire OT wasn't even harmed but allowed to go free from the city.
You also have a grain offering which is perfectly acceptable to YHWY/El.
Blood in the garden..blood o. The,altar of,Abel..unblemished land,and heifers,on the,Altars all thru the,OT..ONLy ONE SINLESS UNBLEMUSHED SACRIFICE ..JESUS CHRIST

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#489257 Nov 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That is sick and perverted belief.
It is also NOT supported by the Bible.
The most important offering in the entire OT wasn't even harmed but allowed to go free from the city.
You also have a grain offering which is perfectly acceptable to YHWY/El.
And today's,Jews are,raising red heifers...creating the instruments for sale office and making ceremonial vestments as they Bruce the third temple will be rebuilt ...Why ..blood sacrifice ...
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#489258 Nov 7, 2013
[QUOTE who="June VanDerMark"
I suggest that would be news to any faithful Jew on earth OR in Olam Haba ... if such a place existed in the sky.
:)[/QUOTE]Lucky for you then that a anvil hasn't fell on you like in the cartoons.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#489259 Nov 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you ..we,are born again by faith ...not Baptism
And there is,no guarantee that anyone will not stray ....a born again believe t with true Faith has an Advocate with the Father ...And,through the work of the HOLY SPIRIT is led to repentance .
But a,baptized baby. Who might never give their life to Christ ..once they have reason ..that's,a different story .
Some people baptize as ceremony .it's expected ..or they feel baptism alone has power like a talisman
.And their kids are not raised in any belief ..
Faith in Jesus saves . True Faith leads to Christian behaviour ..hopefully ..our eyes and hearts need to be on Him..if we stray ..we need to repent TO HIM...we are coveted by His blood ....
Not he works in some treasury of dead saints ...by indulgence
RoSesz

Peace

I think the point I am making is that human beings are born with faith. It is more real than the appearances of the world.

A baby's faith, is the same as an adult's faith.

Baptizing a baby or an adult is an exercise(work) of faith, mainly in the past as an expression of vows, and to be welcomed into a community.

Faith is a foundation from which one then exercises to gain knowledge, which in turn strengthens one in the sight of God and man.

The balance of faith with reason is what allows knowledge to ferment into wisdom.

So the difference in an adult and a baby becomes one more of the amount of wisdom gained(mainly through experience).

In a sense, a person who is a True Christian, becomes a True Jew. So we value our childhood...,"Jewish " experience through the O.T. and grow wiser in Christ. In learning we grow to adulthood in Christ, as did those early disciples, except we must seek our "Jewishness" in a second hand way....

Peace
Liam

Chicago, IL

#489260 Nov 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay,
Do you not believe that Jesus had the authority to forgive sins while He was here on earth?
Of course, and likewise He can forgive whomever He wants to this day. And at anytime He wants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min lightbeamrider 817,294
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min Roberta G 176,196
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 29 min shanna 9,206
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 29 min karl44 609,755
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr WasteWater 5,680
Rajkot gay Topix 2 hr manish 9
Is the problem of groping in India over exagger... (Jan '11) 2 hr rajiv 477
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 269,999
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 18 hr IWANNAPLAY 187
More from around the web