Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,079
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#489184 Nov 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar. Evidently you do not believe what Jesus said. John 3:16, "For God so loved the world,fn that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."
Show me where Jesus said in order to be saved we must be baptized and if we are not baptized we are not saved and are condemned to hell forever. Show me these specific words of instruction from the Master to us.
He CANT!! to do so, indicates to him that he has been lied to and that he is lying to others now.
truth

Perth, Australia

#489185 Nov 7, 2013
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-2484739...
jelto ima neko crva u stomaku
pijavice=hemoroidi=odirahmodi= idromha

sve se povija
ma ko da ti se povije il pokloni
jelto neko ima kostobolju
a tako
vi ste neki kostichkrstich
a ovi niti boga mole nit ikog vole
a tako tutitcizukicibukicicikicidukic ifukicigucici
fukicihucicihucicikukicilukici jukicimucicinucicipukicirucici qucicirupcicisuticitucicivucic iwucicixuciciyucicizutichi

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-2484739...

Location hidden

#489186 Nov 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuckie,
Please show me from the Word of God, where God accepts a "Death Bed Confession?"
try reading the Bible. the Laborer who came to work before the end of the shift(his life) was paid just the same(heaven) according to Jesus.

it is really very simple to the Christian, impossible for you who has been lied to, both by your earlier walk in Catholicism and now in campbellism, both False religions
truth

Perth, Australia

#489187 Nov 7, 2013
I will speak more.

Someone deeply hurt me.

Personally i don't serve anyone.
Don't cry when i died.
cancer

before that all this evil hurtful people will be very well known to others.

don't pray for me
not any more
by

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#489188 Nov 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose,
It is not what I believe...but it is what God teaches....
Believing/Faith alone will NOT save anyone from their sins....there is much more to salvation then those things...
So that poor Muslim or Chinese person..who somehow,comes to faith and there is,no Church ...

The,SPIRIT calling him to faith is,speaking in vain ??

No way ..

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#489189 Nov 7, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
morning Hank!
I see where you take water baptism very seriously but shouldn't the Holy Spirit baptism be of much more importance?
Luke 3:16
John answered them all, "I baptize you with water. But one who is more powerful than I will come, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. >He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.<
Agree

Location hidden

#489190 Nov 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thief on the cross
you don't think a person can come to faith in Christ right before they die?
now he will tell you(as he is taught) that the malefactor died under the Law, yet Jesus Promised that man that he would be in paradise that very same day.

without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin.

Jesus died before the malefactor, therefore the Will(New testament) came into force at His death. and that is still the same legal law today.

if you are in the will, when a person dies, what they promised you is in effect immediately.

the campbellites study this a lot and they try and confuse people with their lies about the "testator".

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489191 Nov 7, 2013
real Papaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Prior to Jesus, all were saved by the Grace of God.
So Jesus was never needed and his entire life, death and alleged resurrection and deification are a meaningless joke.

OK

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#489192 Nov 7, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith comes before intellectual understanding.
How silly!

You had to make an intellectual choice that you would put all your faith in Catholicism.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#489193 Nov 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
If baptism was so important why doesn't the New Testament report the baptism of any of the original 12? If baptism was so important why didn't Jesus baptize anyone?
If the greatest missionary in human history did not ADD baptism to the Gospel message of salvation why would anyone else? Why? The only reason would be to confuse God's plan of salvation and describe salvation by way of baptism ONLY. I know many, many Lutherans and Roman Catholics who believe they are saved because they were baptized. If anyone is trusting baptism for their salvation they are most certainly going to hell.
I Corinthians 1:14-18, 14 "I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius 15 so that no one may say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (I did baptize also the household of Stephanas. Beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power. 18 For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What would make you think the Baptisms of the original 12 would need to be documented in scripture?
Not everything Jesus said or did is recorded in scripture- per scripture.
If baptism is essential for salvation wouldn't the baptism of the disciples be important. After all, according to your theology, if they were not baptized they would be condemned to hell. So the question remains, if baptism is salvanic why didn't Jesus preach baptism instead of belief? Why did Jesus always speak of belief and never about baptism as a means of salvation?

Location hidden

#489194 Nov 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What would make you think the Baptisms of the original 12 would need to be documented in scripture?
Not everything Jesus said or did is recorded in scripture- per scripture.
one in particular(Andrew) was a disciple of Johns, and was probably Baptized by John in water. However all of them(judas was gone) were Baptized in the Holy Ghost by Jesus. a very clear indication as to what was really important to God.

Jesus has let everyone know that water baptism was an act to show all those in Israel that it is a righteous act, nothing more.

and please don't argue with me about it. Jesus did NOT need any sin washed away, he was sinless, and we who are Saved, are followers of His and we are already Washed in His Blood.

cant get no better than that.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#489195 Nov 7, 2013
John 14:6
New International Version (NIV)
6 Jesus answered,“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
The way to accept Jesus as Savior is baptism.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#489196 Nov 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How silly!
You had to make an intellectual choice that you would put all your faith in Catholicism.
I disagree.

It takes no intellect at all to believe in fairy-tales. Quite the opposite.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#489197 Nov 7, 2013
The anti-Semitic Catholics taught and teach that the Catholic SAINT, John the Baptist, baptized Jesus into Catholicism.

There is NO getting around the issue that the Catholic theologians shape-shifted the image of Jesus from being faithful to his Jewish father, into being a Catholic that in turn, to this day, works in Catholic confessionals.

They taught and teach that Jesus the Jew was a WILLING traitor to his own father Jehovah.

THAT is anti-Semitism ... period!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

About.com Catholicism

In submitting Himself humbly to the baptism of St. John the Baptist, however, Christ provided the example for the rest of us. If even He should be baptized, though He had no need of it, how much more should the rest of us be thankful for this sacrament, which frees us from the darkness of sin and incorporates us into the Church, the life of Christ on earth! His Baptism, therefore, was necessary--not for Him, but for us.

http://catholicism.about.com/od/holydaysandho...

“Love much, trust none”

There

#489198 Nov 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>.....
without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin....
That is sick and perverted belief.

It is also NOT supported by the Bible.

The most important offering in the entire OT wasn't even harmed but allowed to go free from the city.

You also have a grain offering which is perfectly acceptable to YHWY/El.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#489199 Nov 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>It is a shame and speaks volumes about the character of some people on this forum, to treat your question diabolical as they judged it.
your question is one of sincerity, yet Hank and others would prefer to sluff it off rather than address the fact, that God is merciful as I wrote yesterday about a co worker who I believe did accept God right before he died.
God doesn't send someone to go talk to a dying individual about their soul unless He is willing to Save that Person.
you posted a verse from the Book of Jonah and how God was wanting to save those people and He is still the same God today. people like Hank have been brainwashed into believing that all they have to do is get Baptized and then they are Right with God. that comes straight form the devil who will try to deceive even the "very elect" if possible.
thanks be unto God that we are not deceived, as I felt His Holy Presence when I began to type these words.
I said that God is willing to save that dying person, but even then they can refuse, but if they accept His Offer of Forgiveness, nothing else is required, we shall meet them in the bye and bye. I believe my God is Merciful.
I'm sure you being a pastor have had opportunities to share the gospel to those in hospitals living out their last days??
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#489200 Nov 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar. Evidently you do not believe what Jesus said. John 3:16, "For God so loved the world,fn that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."
Show me where Jesus said in order to be saved we must be baptized and if we are not baptized we are not saved and are condemned to hell forever. Show me these specific words of instruction from the Master to us.
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OldJG,
We are already condemned, OldJG, for our sins....
This is why Jesus came....
Romans 8:3
3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh,
Could the law save anyone, OLDJG? NO!!! the law was powerless...Why???
Because it was weakened by the flesh......SIN....
He CONDEMNED SIN in the flesh.....
You might be condemned for your sins but my sins, past, present and future were forgiven the day I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.

You said, quote, "Because it was weakened by the flesh......SIN....
He CONDEMNED SIN in the flesh....." End quote.

So let me get this straight. You believe that Jesus, born of a woman in a human fleshly body, was a sinner? After Jesus baptism he went out to the desert and was tempted by Satan for 40 days. Did Jesus overcome the temptations of Satan as God or as a man?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#489201 Nov 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>.....
without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin....
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That is sick and perverted belief.
It is also NOT supported by the Bible.
The most important offering in the entire OT wasn't even harmed but allowed to go free from the city.
You also have a grain offering which is perfectly acceptable to YHWY/El.
Hebrews 9:22, "Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins."

An acceptable grain sacrifice? Really? Let's check and see.

Genesis 4:3-7, 3 "When it was time for the harvest, Cain presented some of his crops as a gift to the LORD. 4 Abel also brought a gift—the best of the firstborn lambs from his flock. The LORD accepted Abel and his gift, 5 but he did not accept Cain and his gift. This made Cain very angry, and he looked dejected. 6 “Why are you so angry?” the LORD asked Cain.“Why do you look so dejected? 7 You will be accepted if you do what is right. But if you refuse to do what is right, then watch out! Sin is crouching at the door, eager to control you. But you must subdue it and be its master.”

Was Cain's offering acceptable to God?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#489202 Nov 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>try reading the Bible. the Laborer who came to work before the end of the shift(his life) was paid just the same(heaven) according to Jesus....
Which is why Jesus became a wandering Rabbi. His ran his dad's contracting business in the ground.

ROFLMAO

“Love much, trust none”

There

#489203 Nov 7, 2013
It is far more likely that the story is that of Jesus being converted by John to Judaism from Samaritanism.
A practice still done to this day by Jews.
June VanDerMark wrote:
The anti-Semitic Catholics taught and teach that the Catholic SAINT, John the Baptist, baptized Jesus into Catholicism.
There is NO getting around the issue that the Catholic theologians shape-shifted the image of Jesus from being faithful to his Jewish father, into being a Catholic that in turn, to this day, works in Catholic confessionals.
They taught and teach that Jesus the Jew was a WILLING traitor to his own father Jehovah.
THAT is anti-Semitism ... period!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
About.com Catholicism
In submitting Himself humbly to the baptism of St. John the Baptist, however, Christ provided the example for the rest of us. If even He should be baptized, though He had no need of it, how much more should the rest of us be thankful for this sacrament, which frees us from the darkness of sin and incorporates us into the Church, the life of Christ on earth! His Baptism, therefore, was necessary--not for Him, but for us.
http://catholicism.about.com/od/holydaysandho...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Side Effects of Hating Gays 13 min andet198 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Dally Mama 765,111
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr AN NFL FAN 119,285
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 603,703
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rick in Kansas 263,621
Gays play a very important role here on Earth 2 hr Doctor REALITY 3
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 2 hr a fan 4,418
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 9 hr Ayyan 1,187
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 15 hr truth 932

Top Stories People Search