Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
471,881 - 471,900 of 532,518 Comments Last updated 12 min ago
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

parallel system
we exist on many side trough history and time
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Say your family was in a car wreck, your child who should have been baptized as a baby , dies without being baptized. Its your fault now isn't it.
Before you say silly things, you should check to see what God's Word says. Who has no knowledge from right and wrong Husker?? Young children, mentally handicapped...

Deuteronomy 1:39 And as for your little ones, who you said would become a prey, and your children, who today have no knowledge of good or evil, they shall go in there. And to them I will give it, and they shall possess it

Johah 4: 11 And should not I pity Nineveh, that great city, in which there are more than 120,000 persons who do not know their right hand from their left

**If you don't get your children out of that world religious system you call a church and start teaching them about repentance and faith in Christ, it will be your fault now won't it.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Your argument is not with me but rather your argument is with the word of God.
Christ stated that he that believes ( FAITH ) and is baptized ( WORKS) shall be saved.
Now since Christ, the author of our salvation stated this Himself are you considering yourself to have higher authority than Christ in the determination of what is required?
Tony,

Baptism is NOT a work of man....

BUT,

It is the work of God.....

Ephesians 3:7

7 I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the ~~~working of HIS POWER.~~~

Colossians 2:12

12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the ~~~WORKING of God,~~~ who raised him from the dead.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
We Baptize infants. You read some of their writings 2,000 yrs later and do something different.
I know catholics baptize infants. I just can't find where Jesus told you to.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>that is what some on here are nor following. we get Baptized because we love the Lord, not because we are Commanded to.
we are now Saved individuals, not some puppet who gets in a line and follows some ritual laid down by some church.
in the small country churches around here, a person can not join a church unless they are Baptized, and many churches do give out a Baptismal Declaration just so people can keep them for a keepsake, but it isn't a ticket to heaven by any means.
Same thing here in some,small churches,..

One,non denominational CHUrch..very wonderful pastor from his,sermons,anyway ..

Every so often ..they baptize,at the beach ...similar to what the,apostles did .

Even Catholic pilgrims,in the Jordan .recaptured,..renewing baptism ..whatever ...

http://www.americancatholic.org/news/report.a...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

its not fictional
its real
they borrowing time money and life=wiket satanic
nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

i wrote for benificary of all

i have geometrically
describe many parallel universal system..
don't asked nothing now
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahaha
If a god allowed a devil to work in his kingdom, the god had a purpose FOR The devil. He WANTS the devil to have full employment.
Silly stuff in deed!
I am amazed, June, as to your ability to make a statement that seems
"somewhat??" reasonable, and then interject some of your "vindictively warped" and personal "opinionated" animosity to conclude the sentence!! Your "sillyness is not just silly!! It is shows what a sad and "empty life" you live---if it is even called living!! You are in my thoughts and prayers each day, at Daily Mass if it even means anything to you!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Well... Faith (BELIEVING) plus works,BEING BAPTIZED).
Tony,

For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

When real faith grows, good works grow as well.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I asked this because I know people that was raised in the church by Godly parents and when they became adults they left the church and became malignantly evil and ended up dying that way. Do you consider them to have departed from the way in which they were raised? Makes you go hmmmmm.
Tony,

If they continued in sin, there is no more sacrifice for them.

Hebrews 10:26

26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

thousand years stolen indetity as well acident occure or suden death..
what a about that..id
don't speak with me like that..
who is been on that INRI
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

OldJG wrote:
How Can Water Baptism Wash Away Sins?
The Bible tells us that “according to the law almost all things are purged with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission”(Hebrews 9:22). Any covenant was dedicated with blood. No amount of sacrifice, however, could atone for mankind’s sins and fully restore our relationship with God. The only means of redemption was through the Lord’s own blood (Colossians 1:14; Revelation 1:5). Jesus Christ’s blood seals a new and everlasting covenant between God and His children (Hebrews 12:24).
If baptism were merely immersion in water, then it would be nothing but a religious rite, since water cannot take away guilt. But the mystery of baptism lies in the profound unity of water, blood, and the Holy Spirit.
After Jesus died on the cross,“one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out. And he who has seen has testified, and his testimony is true; and he knows that he is telling the truth, so that you may believe”(John 19:34-35).
John, a disciple of Jesus, witnessed how Jesus Christ poured out His blood along with water and opened the fountain of cleansing. He explained the meaning of what he saw:
This is He who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth…there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water and the blood; and these three agree as one (1 John 5:6-8).
Baptism is where water and blood come together under the eternal Spirit of God. Jesus Christ arose from death by the Holy Spirit (1 Peter 3:18) to enter heaven as our mediator before God (Hebrews 9:15, 24). The Holy Spirit, which God gives to believers, testifies that Jesus is alive and that His blood cleanses us (Hebrews 9:14) today. So while a sinner is immersed in water physically, his spiritual being is being cleansed in the blood of Christ (Hebrews 10:22:“washed”= immersed).
No sin is too great to be forgiven. God is ready to pardon everyone who turns back to Him and seeks cleansing. But you must first accept Jesus Christ and His gospel of salvation, confess your sins before God, and determine to follow His words.
“Repent,” the apostle Peter tells us,“and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins”(Acts 2:38).
By the working of God in your baptism....

1 Corinthians 12:6

6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same ~~~God at work.~~~

Colossians 2:12

12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the <<<working of God,>>> who raised him from the dead.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
They received the Holy Spirit in Acts 10. Not in Acts 15. Also, I do not see the name CORNELIUS mentioned in Acts 15. Can you point out the verse for me?
Without a doubt Cornelius received the Holy Spirit BEFORE baptism. Black print on white paper. No question.
You said, quote, "Peter consistently argued that the Gentiles were to receive the gospel without being bound to the Law." End quote.
Galatians 2:11 But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned.
2:14 But when I saw that their conduct was not in step with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all,“If you, though a Jew, live like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you force the Gentiles to live like Jews?”
Ox,

There are different baptisms...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

correction....this was meant for OldJG

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

What kind of Pope was Peter?

He didn't write to the Cardinals, Bishops and Priests.(He wrote to the people. I Peter 1:1, and 2 Peter 1:1)

He didn't magnify tradition. He said that "...you were NOT redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your VAIN conversation received BY TRADITION FROM YOUR FATHERS; but with the precious blood of Christ..." I Peter 1:18,19.

He told the people that "You, as lively STONES (rocks) are...an holy priesthood..." I Peter 2:5

He said..."YOU are a...royal priesthood..." I Peter 2:9

KayMarie
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Same thing here in some,small churches,..
One,non denominational CHUrch..very wonderful pastor from his,sermons,anyway ..
Every so often ..they baptize,at the beach ...similar to what the,apostles did .
Even Catholic pilgrims,in the Jordan .recaptured,..renewing baptism ..whatever ...
http://www.americancatholic.org/news/report.a...
Catholics do not get re baptized. We renew our baptism. We know you can only be baptized once.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
What can wash away my sin??????????
Nothing but the BLOOD of Jesus.
Not water......BLOOD.
OLDJG,

Why did God choose water for baptism?

Water represents inner cleansing and spiritual rebirth.

Ephesians 5:26

26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

Hebrews 10:22

22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

Think about it!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I don't think so. Give this a read. These people received the gift of the Holy Spirit BEFORE baptism. BEFORE!!!
Acts 10:44-48, 44 "Even as Peter was saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell upon all who were listening to the message. 45 The Jewish believers who came with Peter were amazed that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles, too. 46 For they heard them speaking in other tongues and praising God. Then Peter asked, 47 “Can anyone object to their being baptized, now that they have received the Holy Spirit just as we did?” 48 So he gave orders for them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Afterward Cornelius asked him to stay with them for several days."
OLDJG,

Different baptism...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

a nkh=in her is life
4000 years go back

mr/mrs lampadanovi
lapandati=many language

tower

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a fibber.
The Catholics wrote the new testament. Protestants had NO part in it whatsoever, and we all KNOW the story that unless people are baptized into the Catholic faith, they can't go to Christian heaven. Of the Abrahamic religion ... THAT excludes Protestants AND Jews AND Muslims.
I suggest you get your stories straight!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith
~~~

Call me whatever you please...It changes nothing...In the final analysis

whom God says I am is what will really matter...

I will not be judged by the catechism of the ROMAN CATHOLIC religious society...

what they have attempted to assume into God word wont amount to a hill of beans..

The only consequence is their suffering for their own willful
disregard and attempt to replace God's word with their own conjecture..

It will not effect my position before God ...I HAVE WARNED THEM...

Eze 33:8 When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

Eze 33:9 Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

AND THIS GOES LIKEWISE FOR YOU, AND YOUR PERSONAL HATRED AND VENDETTA AGAINST GOD.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Please tell me confe!
Did you follow me because of that..
yes it is you can find many things
aske me
my mind
just follow
as you say fiction..follow my fiction..follow me

under loving power..we have system which disappiere who is know when..now
a nkh
my system in my mind what i aredy drove geometricly simetricly exist front of me..many many siscrets..
others posess many things ..others will try eliminated many many things..
its id..its indification in id fiction=is real..
realllllll
did you hear me
realllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllll

don't force m,ake stupid things
reallll

its not israel

its who is reallllll

others secret pretenders are not safe
who they are
nobodyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

don't force me wrote more

evil serve evillllllllllll
they try eliminated me allready
evil serve evil
who they are
nobody and nothing at all
why
with them they liked ofwfull things do

who they are
nobody
nothimnggggggg
they are nothingg
they are nobody
ones press finisghhhhhhhh

they are nothing
nobodyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyy

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

579 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min curiouslu 720,439
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 min seriously the original 5,226
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min An NFL Fan 115,028
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min WasteWater 256,435
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 14 min Pacha Thamizhan 4,574
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min Stilgar Fifrawi 172,293
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min Buck Crick 224,079
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Helga 72
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••