Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595632 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#488975 Nov 6, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> You're right, it's up to us.
Proverbs 22:6
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
6 Train up a child [a]in the way he should go,
Even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Exactly what does that mean to you? Train up a child in a way that when he is old he will not depart from it? Elucidate please! In your opinion does this apply to EVERY CHILD?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#488976 Nov 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
GOD
...a God who could make good children as easily as bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one; who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it; who gave his angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body; who mouths justice, and invented hell--mouths mercy, and invented hell--mouths Golden Rules and foregiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell; who mouths morals to other people, and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honorably placing it where it belongs, upon himself; and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites his poor abused slave to worship him!
- No. 44, The Mysterious Stranger
Mark Twain
It is very obvious that Mark Twain was stuck on stupid and glued to dumb when it came to understanding the deeper things of the Spirit.

And you would quote him,LOL.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#488977 Nov 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree!
Rituals are all human created, as are the dogmas.
Ritual is designed for the elimination of distraction from anything other than the preconceived path intended. Take Einstein for example.
Same exact suit, shoes, socks bathing and eating habits...intended to give himself the maximum operating time for extreme mathematical equations and purity of thought processes.
Religion uses it in much the same way. People do also..it's termed" organized behavior".
Sometimes it is good practice, and sometimes it is not...depending on the agenda(purpose).

Location hidden

#488978 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely correct ..it's,a Sacrament o Catholics,and maybe,Episcopsls,.
Some PROT CHURCHES,. Do dedications,..the child becomes,a member of the,CHURCH family
CATHOLUCS,reaffirm at 7 and,12 or so with Communion and confession...when Confirmation
And maybe some 12 year olds,really can dedicate their lives with true belief ..But it's,NOT an age thing ..NOR A RITUAL OF LEARNED WORDS.
ITS what is in each person's heart and soul...
And I'm sure many Catholics are true Christians ..
But things come,along in life ..those children. Who have received the sacraments ..have a,tragedy ...get diverted in teen years ...who knows .
You can say my baby will always,be in the CHURCH ...But even some folks here have cited CATHOLICS IN NAME ONLY .
it's,JESUS,TO ME ...ME TO JESUS ..That counts ..
Thats,my belief and opinion.
And as I said before...I will not condemn you for your belief without just cause.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#488979 Nov 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Did Jesus baptize?
A general observation of the ministry of Jesus Christ reveals that He never told anyone to be baptized in any of the gospel accounts{SEE THIS, hANK? THIS PERSON AGREES WITH ME AND THE BIBLE WHILE YOU ARE IN AGREEMENT WITH WHAT YOUR CHURCH TEACHES]. His discussion with numerous people about how to have a relationship with God have been recorded in the gospels,5 but in none of those accounts does Jesus tell anyone that they must be baptized. If baptism were crucial to one's salvation, I would think that He would have mentioned it at least once! Was Jesus negligent in not explaining this to all the people He talked to in the gospels? I don't think so! In addition, Jesus never baptized anyone to our knowledge, although He had His disciples perform the ceremony.6 In fact, He routinely sent the people off after being healed without baptism. Obviously, He gave the command to His disciples to baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.7 Baptism is an outward expression of what has already occurred within an individual. Jesus didn't need to see that outward expression of an individual's conversion, since, being God, He already knew what was in their heart.
Salvation by faith
In contrast, Jesus talked very often about faith - at least 27 examples given in the gospels: Matthew 8:10, Matthew 8:26, Matthew 9:2, Matthew 9:22, Matthew 9:29, Matthew 14:31, Matthew 15:28, Matthew 16:8, Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21, Mark 2:5, Mark 4:40, Mark 5:34, Mark 10:52, Mark 11:22, Luke 5:20, Luke 7:9, Luke 7:50, Luke 8:25, Luke 8:48, Luke 12:28, Luke 17:5, Luke 17:6, Luke 17:19, Luke 18:8, Luke 18:42, Luke 22:32.8 Could it be that faith is the key to having a relationship with God and not baptism?
The idea that baptism is required for justification perpetuates the Jewish notion of salvation through works of the law, which were repudiated by the apostles (Acts 10:43-11:18,9 15:1-11,10 Romans 3:30,11 Galatians 2,12 and Philippians 313) and the early church fathers. Yes, I believe one should be baptized in obedience to Jesus' command. However, we should also love our neighbor for the same reason.14 I know that we do not keep this entire command, because only God can demonstrate this kind of unconditional love. Does this mean that we will lose our salvation? No!
We are justified on the basis of faith alone (true faith - not an uncommitted confession of some belief). If anyone is trusting in any work of the flesh, then they put themselves under the entire law of God and will be held accountable to keep it all!(James 2:10,15 Galatians 3:10,16 5:2-4,17 Romans 2:12,18 3:2019)
Conclusion Top of page
A careful examination of John 3:5-7 reveals that when Jesus' referred to being "born of water" He was talking about the physical birth ("born of the flesh"), in contrast to being "born of the Spirit" or "born again." Jesus Himself never baptized anyone to our knowledge, although the disciples did baptize under His command. In all of His interactions with people, Jesus was never recorded as commanding anyone to be baptized, although He often commended people for their faith. It would seem that if baptism were required for salvation that Jesus would have made some mention of it. We conclude that faith, rather than baptism, is required for salvation, although the dutiful Christian will be baptized in obedience to Jesus command in Matthew 28:19.
Did Christ teach us to get baptized?

Answer.......MARK 16:15-16.

Enough said.

Location hidden

#488980 Nov 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you are correct, as for the most part religion teaches followers to look down on others. "If you don't belong to our religion there is something sadly "lacking" in you. You fall short of the mark. You are evil. You are a heretic, a heathen, an infidel ... blah, blah, blah."
I know. I have experienced it all at some time or another.
It is not the true nature of people. It is what they have been taught in bigotry and intolerance that causes that.
I have to look beyond that as best I can, because I have found folks in all walks of life that aren't at all bad. We are products of our environment, to whatever degree it has affected us, and how we perceive and interact with it. We need to change that "environment" for the better, so we all can have a more productive and peaceful existence.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#488981 Nov 6, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see what you are trying to say here.
I have other(different) beliefs about everything and the world.
I try to see folks as they are, and appreciate them(or not) for that, in accordance with what I see from their words and actions.
Given a little time one can usually weigh their heart(to a reasonable degree)...but only if one is just, fair, and it is done with(in) love.
makes sense to me!!

Location hidden

#488982 Nov 6, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. I have experienced it all at some time or another.
It is not the true nature of people. It is what they have been taught in bigotry and intolerance that causes that.
I have to look beyond that as best I can, because I have found folks in all walks of life that aren't at all bad. We are products of our environment, to whatever degree it has affected us, and how we perceive and interact with it. We need to change that "environment" for the better, so we all can have a more productive and peaceful existence.
Amen brother!

Location hidden

#488983 Nov 6, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>A very moving message, Thanx
You still up!! LOL

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#488984 Nov 6, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>A very moving message, Thanx
Got me crying

Location hidden

#488985 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Got me crying
crying is good..it cleans the soul

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#488986 Nov 6, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see what you are trying to say here.
I have other(different) beliefs about everything and the world.
I try to see folks as they are, and appreciate them(or not) for that, in accordance with what I see from their words and actions.
Given a little time one can usually weigh their heart(to a reasonable degree)...but only if one is just, fair, and it is done with(in) love.
THats,actually how,US,Christians should be ..looking with love at others,.

Sometimes,we fall short ..But that's,US,..not Jesus,.

If you can stretch a bit and imagine, a being loving us,enough to die for us .

God's,justice is,perfect ..ten price had to be paid ..
The ultimate price for horrid sin ...then and now and no one could pay it but a sinless,human ..(also divine)

Now,we as,humans cannot understand this,..perfect justice does,not exist on this planet .

But Jesus,came ..gave us,a way o follow ..then suffered horribly for us .
Just saying ..human s,are imperfect ..GOD IS,NOT
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#488987 Nov 6, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Did Christ teach us to get baptized?
Enough said.
Faith + works?
Nuf said!
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#488988 Nov 6, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Did Christ teach us to get baptized?
Enough said.
By the way a gave you a clueless as you always are.
truth

Perth, Australia

#488989 Nov 6, 2013
who stone you
you give bread..

2 fish 5 bread
love me

i been there with my my hand lags body mind on that Cross INRI..

station of Cross
Galatians 3;13
Why Abraham need blessing?

Do you realize possessors and deceivers curse themself for money and possession property law
privileged and so on..
Do you realize where dividing start..read sea..
Did you see snail symbol as sloth?
did you see as vir=as vobeling house of snail..

did you see hand of your ministers
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo

be good
i speak with illustration symbols geometry letters downside words directions and so on..
truth

Perth, Australia

#488990 Nov 6, 2013
see i'n'ri

where is that what you say who?

now
is hue there
no no no

bread who stone you

i know who give me
for all my years here
truth

Perth, Australia

#488991 Nov 6, 2013
is Abraham holy when he need blessing
but still excise cursing

is your saints set
or zet or zic or tizick

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo

remember my words

all continents will be start moving
parallel universal system too..
all lot
truth

Perth, Australia

#488992 Nov 6, 2013
jesus speak with parabole
yeee
na velikim dvorovima svi su se ismijavali sa
ocerupanim pticurinama
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-247...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#488993 Nov 6, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way a gave you a clueless as you always are.
Your argument is not with me but rather your argument is with the word of God.

Christ stated that he that believes ( FAITH ) and is baptized ( WORKS) shall be saved.

Now since Christ, the author of our salvation stated this Himself are you considering yourself to have higher authority than Christ in the determination of what is required?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#488994 Nov 6, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith + works?
Nuf said!
Well... Faith (BELIEVING) plus works,BEING BAPTIZED).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 min ChristineM 444,021
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min River Tam 853,018
Can a White Pride Group not be labeled a racist... (Apr '07) 24 min UnderstandPeople 6,081
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 51 min Toby 100,620
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr MUQ2 272,020
Computer THREATS DISAPPEARING from Topix!: un F... 1 hr who 17
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Student 40,679
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr truth 612,577
The Christian Atheist debate 4 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 726
More from around the web