Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670474 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#489200 Nov 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar. Evidently you do not believe what Jesus said. John 3:16, "For God so loved the world,fn that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."
Show me where Jesus said in order to be saved we must be baptized and if we are not baptized we are not saved and are condemned to hell forever. Show me these specific words of instruction from the Master to us.
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OldJG,
We are already condemned, OldJG, for our sins....
This is why Jesus came....
Romans 8:3
3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh,
Could the law save anyone, OLDJG? NO!!! the law was powerless...Why???
Because it was weakened by the flesh......SIN....
He CONDEMNED SIN in the flesh.....
You might be condemned for your sins but my sins, past, present and future were forgiven the day I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.

You said, quote, "Because it was weakened by the flesh......SIN....
He CONDEMNED SIN in the flesh....." End quote.

So let me get this straight. You believe that Jesus, born of a woman in a human fleshly body, was a sinner? After Jesus baptism he went out to the desert and was tempted by Satan for 40 days. Did Jesus overcome the temptations of Satan as God or as a man?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#489201 Nov 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>.....
without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin....
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That is sick and perverted belief.
It is also NOT supported by the Bible.
The most important offering in the entire OT wasn't even harmed but allowed to go free from the city.
You also have a grain offering which is perfectly acceptable to YHWY/El.
Hebrews 9:22, "Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins."

An acceptable grain sacrifice? Really? Let's check and see.

Genesis 4:3-7, 3 "When it was time for the harvest, Cain presented some of his crops as a gift to the LORD. 4 Abel also brought a gift—the best of the firstborn lambs from his flock. The LORD accepted Abel and his gift, 5 but he did not accept Cain and his gift. This made Cain very angry, and he looked dejected. 6 “Why are you so angry?” the LORD asked Cain.“Why do you look so dejected? 7 You will be accepted if you do what is right. But if you refuse to do what is right, then watch out! Sin is crouching at the door, eager to control you. But you must subdue it and be its master.”

Was Cain's offering acceptable to God?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489202 Nov 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>try reading the Bible. the Laborer who came to work before the end of the shift(his life) was paid just the same(heaven) according to Jesus....
Which is why Jesus became a wandering Rabbi. His ran his dad's contracting business in the ground.

ROFLMAO

“"None shall pass"”

There

#489203 Nov 7, 2013
It is far more likely that the story is that of Jesus being converted by John to Judaism from Samaritanism.
A practice still done to this day by Jews.
June VanDerMark wrote:
The anti-Semitic Catholics taught and teach that the Catholic SAINT, John the Baptist, baptized Jesus into Catholicism.
There is NO getting around the issue that the Catholic theologians shape-shifted the image of Jesus from being faithful to his Jewish father, into being a Catholic that in turn, to this day, works in Catholic confessionals.
They taught and teach that Jesus the Jew was a WILLING traitor to his own father Jehovah.
THAT is anti-Semitism ... period!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
About.com Catholicism
In submitting Himself humbly to the baptism of St. John the Baptist, however, Christ provided the example for the rest of us. If even He should be baptized, though He had no need of it, how much more should the rest of us be thankful for this sacrament, which frees us from the darkness of sin and incorporates us into the Church, the life of Christ on earth! His Baptism, therefore, was necessary--not for Him, but for us.
http://catholicism.about.com/od/holydaysandho...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#489204 Nov 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston,
Again, God hates sin....
So if you are have NOT been washed away....why do you believe that the "Indwelling of the Holy Spirit" would be in you, when you are still in sin???
God wants things done in a certain order....He doesn't like confusion....
Repent....be baptized....receive the "gift of the Holy Spirit" aka "the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit"
You are asking God's Spirit to "indwell" in you while you are still in SIN.....your sins have NOT been forgiven UNTIL they are washed away....
~~~
We can go on an on debating this subject...but when all the dust has settled...

God can wave the water baptism ....as he did for the one that was redeemed
( the thief)on the cross..

He was saved as by fire and he will have no rewards...for he had no works...

1Co_3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Jud 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:
Jud 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

God is the one that will determine each one's

#489205 Nov 7, 2013
who="Truth" <quoted text>
Chuckie,
Please show me from the Word of God, where God accepts a "Death Bed Confession?"

----------
The thief on the cross.

KM

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#489206 Nov 7, 2013
"His Baptism, therefore, was necessary--not for Him, but for us." ... Stated the Catholic theologians.

No truer words were ever spoken.

Without Catholics believing that Jesus supports the Catholic religion ... there would BE no Catholic religion.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#489207 Nov 7, 2013
real Papaw wrote:
John 14:6
New International Version (NIV)
6 Jesus answered,“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
The way to accept Jesus as Savior is baptism.
John is proven fabrication as well as heretical gnostic fraud.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#489208 Nov 7, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
<quoted text>
I was Catholic, and I left the church. Once I grew up, I realized just how screwed-up those priests are.
I was,raised Catholic also .

I found true Faith through the leading of the HOLY Spirit much much later .

Rather than listening to us, debate ..get a,bible easiest version to start NLT OR NIV read the,gospel of John ..And pray for understanding .
Talk to Jesus ..as,if He was your friend ..You don't need a,special prayer ..You can even in some,stores find a small book of John .

or go to this

His,message is,simple but deep

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Start there But keep.going

GOD BLESS YOU ..And ignore the debate .

Jesus is What's,important

Prince George, Canada

#489209 Nov 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
It takes no intellect at all to believe in fairy-tales. Quite the opposite.
We all have intellect. The fact that our intellects are based on ignorance should not go unnoticed by any of us.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#489210 Nov 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
A person can come to Jesus hours before they die and be saved.
Agree Chuck. Hey, we agree on something?
I don't think we all need a Bible verse for that either (although the thief on the cross is a good enough example)
God is infinite love and mercy. Who are we to say He wouldn't save a sincere person moments before death? I bet it happens everyday.
Now that I agree with you and oldgee on this one, am I born again? Lol. Can I hang out with y'all now?
Matt 20:16.

http://gracethrufaith.com/topical-studies/par...

#489211 Nov 7, 2013
who="BenAdam" <quoted text>
By sacrificing his first born child, Ishmael, to El.

----------
Abraham was willing to obey God, believing that God would resurrect his son. God was simply putting Abraham to the test, to see whether he would/could follow Him wherever He led him.

As you know, God provided a sacrifice for them, when Abraham proved his loyalty. Isaac was NOT sacrificed.

KayMarie

“"None shall pass"”

There

#489212 Nov 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
God can wave the water baptism ....as he did for the one that was redeemed
( the thief)on the cross.....
But Jesus wasn't even dead yet so I guess that "resurrection requirement" posted here is bullshit.

What a screwd up bunch of contradictory cults you all have.

Prince George, Canada

#489213 Nov 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus was never needed and his entire life, death and alleged resurrection and deification are a meaningless joke.
OK
The Jesus-myth was simply one more myth added to many other savior-god myths.

And because it was the latest myth, modern believers took it as the one and only savior story that had any value as being based on truth.

But to the devout believers in other earlier religions ... their myths were also taken as being based on absolute truth.

#489214 Nov 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar. Evidently you do not believe what Jesus said. John 3:16, "For God so loved the world,fn that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."
Show me where Jesus said in order to be saved we must be baptized and if we are not baptized we are not saved and are condemned to hell forever. Show me these specific words of instruction from the Master to us.
<quoted text>
You might be condemned for your sins but my sins, past, present and future were forgiven the day I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.
You said, quote, "Because it was weakened by the flesh......SIN....
He CONDEMNED SIN in the flesh....." End quote.
So let me get this straight. You believe that Jesus, born of a woman in a human fleshly body, was a sinner? After Jesus baptism he went out to the desert and was tempted by Satan for 40 days. Did Jesus overcome the temptations of Satan as God or as a man?
~~~
You wrote

"You might be condemned for your sins but my sins, past, present and future were forgiven the day I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior."

____

I do not believe that our future sins are forgiven when we get saved

only our passed sins....

AFTER BEING BORN AGAIN....We have to deal with our sins and.... confess them... for them to be put under the Blood.

THE BIBLE SAYS..

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of

--> sins THAT ARE PAST,<-- through the forbearance of God;

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

IF WE DON'T THEY WILL STAND AGAINST US IN THE JUDGMENT..

RECEIVING JESUS AS YOU LORD AND SAVIOR ...

DOES NOT GIVE ANY ON A FREE PASS ...FOR THEIR FUTURE SINS...

Location hidden

#489215 Nov 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That is sick and perverted belief.
It is also NOT supported by the Bible.
The most important offering in the entire OT wasn't even harmed but allowed to go free from the city.
You also have a grain offering which is perfectly acceptable to YHWY/El.
when I speak, it is truth. read the 9th chapter of hebrew

Location hidden

#489216 Nov 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you being a pastor have had opportunities to share the gospel to those in hospitals living out their last days??
not only in hospital rooms but in their homes as they lie dying. and when I was sent, God went ahead of me. Praise the Lord.

Prince George, Canada

#489217 Nov 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is What's,important
ONLY to Christians.

When you make such self-serving statements, you belittle all other devout believers that put their complete faith in other religions.

Yet when I belittle ALL religions as being based on nonsense ... you take it as a personal offense.

Location hidden

#489218 Nov 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
But Jesus wasn't even dead yet so I guess that "resurrection requirement" posted here is bullshit.
read the Bible, Jesus was dead BEFORE the two malefactors

Prince George, Canada

#489219 Nov 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian theologians taught and teach that Jesus was of the Jewish faith when he died on the cross.

Yet the Catholics teach that Saint John baptized Jesus as a Catholic "before" Jesus died on the cross.

The lies are in plain sight for those who want to see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Milos Redneck 100,978
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 min Peter Ross 445,663
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min WildWeirdWillie 184,299
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min New Age Spiritual... 980,297
News Obama Dozed - People Froze AKA Obama's Katrina (Feb '09) 6 hr Jaydon 2,068
AT&T is run by a bunch of crooks who should be ... (Dec '14) 7 hr ATT and Verizon S... 8
the first lies ever told 8 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,457
More from around the web