Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,590)

Showing posts 471,781 - 471,800 of530,077
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes one wonder. Causes you to question what you are conditioned to accept as "reality" doesn't it?
Word was,the drowned children ..not here ..not gone ..some brain activity ..nothing to speak of

Not sure what they do now ..But very strict guidelines in e seventies ..
2Flat Brainwave tests,24 hours apart

Won t go into the worst one ...

Any way ..it out of that vocation..
Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>NOPE and you cant prove otherwise. I like others received the Holy Ghost 36 hours after I was Saved, and nine months before I was Baptized by water.
now lets look at what is Recorded in the Bible.
44While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the message. 45All the circumcised believers who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also.…
Not yet Baptized were they, Hank? Just like me as I received that gift before I was baptized.
NOW YOU SHOW ME, ONE PERSON IN THE BIBLE WHO HAD RECEIVED THE HOLY GHOST AS THEY WERE BEING BAPTISED.
and this isn't sudden, I have asked you to provide one name and you didn't.
You are absolutely correcto cowboy.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

i don't respect law any more
not any authority
less any corupt organization
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o
they all in as within

for one bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The New Testament happens to be for all, Galatians 3:28 NKJV
New King James Version
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. There is only Christian.
If all are going to end up in a god's loving care ... religion is unnecessary, and your preaching is all IN VAIN.

What a shame it would be for you ... if you couldn't PREACH about how to be holy and in turn worthy of salvation.

:)
Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Liam wrote:
Awe man, I'm gettin out of here. Bible verse warfare has begun between the born agains. Its civil war! its a battle royal. Oldgee, Truth, church of christ guy... how many different truths is the Holy Spirit revealing?
Baptism is one of the most important events in Christianity. Jesus wants it done a certain way. Which way is it?? I don't want to be the guy who's responsible for undoing the word of God. I'm being serious. One of you are guilty. That's a fact.
Too bad you use polluted water. All you get is an infection.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not important to me what you believe...but is seems all important to you what I believe.
Is that why you keep debating with me, when I debate with you?

:)
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

How Can Water Baptism Wash Away Sins?

The Bible tells us that “according to the law almost all things are purged with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission”(Hebrews 9:22). Any covenant was dedicated with blood. No amount of sacrifice, however, could atone for mankind’s sins and fully restore our relationship with God. The only means of redemption was through the Lord’s own blood (Colossians 1:14; Revelation 1:5). Jesus Christ’s blood seals a new and everlasting covenant between God and His children (Hebrews 12:24).

If baptism were merely immersion in water, then it would be nothing but a religious rite, since water cannot take away guilt. But the mystery of baptism lies in the profound unity of water, blood, and the Holy Spirit.

After Jesus died on the cross,“one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out. And he who has seen has testified, and his testimony is true; and he knows that he is telling the truth, so that you may believe”(John 19:34-35).

John, a disciple of Jesus, witnessed how Jesus Christ poured out His blood along with water and opened the fountain of cleansing. He explained the meaning of what he saw:

This is He who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth…there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water and the blood; and these three agree as one (1 John 5:6-8).

Baptism is where water and blood come together under the eternal Spirit of God. Jesus Christ arose from death by the Holy Spirit (1 Peter 3:18) to enter heaven as our mediator before God (Hebrews 9:15, 24). The Holy Spirit, which God gives to believers, testifies that Jesus is alive and that His blood cleanses us (Hebrews 9:14) today. So while a sinner is immersed in water physically, his spiritual being is being cleansed in the blood of Christ (Hebrews 10:22:“washed”= immersed).

No sin is too great to be forgiven. God is ready to pardon everyone who turns back to Him and seeks cleansing. But you must first accept Jesus Christ and His gospel of salvation, confess your sins before God, and determine to follow His words.

“Repent,” the apostle Peter tells us,“and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins”(Acts 2:38).

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Christ would want babies baptized so the devil won't get them.
Hahahahahaha

If a god allowed a devil to work in his kingdom, the god had a purpose FOR The devil. He WANTS the devil to have full employment.

Silly stuff in deed!

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
Awe man, I'm gettin out of here. Bible verse warfare has begun between the born agains. Its civil war! its a battle royal. Oldgee, Truth, church of christ guy... how many different truths is the Holy Spirit revealing?
Baptism is one of the most important events in Christianity. Jesus wants it done a certain way. Which way is it?? I don't want to be the guy who's responsible for undoing the word of God. I'm being serious. One of you are guilty. That's a fact.
Baptism of babies is a dedication ..to raise them to know God..And nothing wrong with that ..BUT IT DOES NOT mean they will be Christians,when they choose for themselves ...

We EACH HAVE TO CHOOSE HIM ...And make Him.the Focus of Our lives

Nowhere did,JESUS ever say baptize babies .

Preach and baptize BELIEVERS,

Now,personally I believes little ones, ate close to God by their INNOCENCE ..baptized or not ...But they CANNOT CHOOSE anything important ..it's up to us to raise them

Terrible threes and,all
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

nice lips and nice suits is nothing

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always,thought of Abrahams,bosom...as,a,part of SHEOL..where the,JUST waited until Jesus,Redeemed them.as,He did us
What's this "US" business?

If you believe that the Jews faithful to Judaism will be with you in an afterlife ... I suggest that they have other plans.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Moving past the words to understand the meaning of the words
How funny!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism of babies is a dedication ..to raise them to know God..And nothing wrong with that ..BUT IT DOES NOT mean they will be Christians,when they choose for themselves ...
We EACH HAVE TO CHOOSE HIM ...And make Him.the Focus of Our lives
Nowhere did,JESUS ever say baptize babies .
Preach and baptize BELIEVERS,
Now,personally I believes little ones, ate close to God by their INNOCENCE ..baptized or not ...But they CANNOT CHOOSE anything important ..it's up to us to raise them
Terrible threes and,all
You're right, it's up to us.
Proverbs 22:6

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

6 Train up a child [a]in the way he should go,
Even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
June,
You wrote:
unless he was useless ... "as always."
I believe you have sunk to an all time low....
This statement was totally uncalled for...
Okay then ... I'll agree that Jehovah is NOT useless to those who believe in the image, as they believe he LOVES them.

But for me and for others who see that nothing is done to overcome suffering of all forms of animals ... his image IS useless.

This is a forum ... NOT a synagogue.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text>
So why did the Spirit come upon Cornelius and his household? The answer is clearly stated by Peter in Acts 15:8-11. "Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us, and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they." God acknowledged them, or bore them witness, or testified to them (depending on your translation) by giving them the Holy Spirit.
Hence, our next question ought to be, "A witness to what?" Some time after Cornelius's conversion the issue was raised as to whether a Gentile had to become a Jew before he could be saved. "Some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, "It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses" (Acts 15:5). Peter's response to this was to point out that the Spirit came to witness that these Gentiles could be saved without being first a Jew. But take note that Peter did not say that the Spirit came to witness that a person could be saved without baptism.
This then leads to the question, "Why did the Spirit come before Cornelius was baptized in water?" In order to answer this question, you need to notice that six Jewish Christians had accompanied Peter to Cornelius's house (Acts 10:23; 11:12). As stated in the text, the Spirit's coming was a shock to these men. "And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God" (Acts 10:45-46). Peter then turned to these same men and asked if they dare object to Cornelius being baptized in water given the obvious testimony of God (Acts 10:47; 11:17).
Also, notice that the Spirit did not come upon the Gentiles until Peter began to speak (Acts 11:15). Here was testimony to all that Gentiles could be saved through the word of God (Acts 11:13-14).
When Peter testified at the gathering in Jerusalem, recorded in Acts 15, he used the example of Cornelius to prove that Gentiles, while remaining Gentiles and not becoming Jews, were accepted by God. Peter did not use the case of Cornelius to prove that everyone should receive the Spirit, or that the Spirit burnt sin out of a sinner's heart, or that the Spirit's coming made him a child of God. Instead, we find that Peter used the baptism of the Spirit as proof that Cornelius and his household should be baptized in water, as recorded in Acts 10 and Acts 11. Peter consistently argued that the Gentiles were to receive the gospel without being bound to the Law. For anyone to claim otherwise would be trying God. "Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?" (Acts 15:10).
They received the Holy Spirit in Acts 10. Not in Acts 15. Also, I do not see the name CORNELIUS mentioned in Acts 15. Can you point out the verse for me?

Without a doubt Cornelius received the Holy Spirit BEFORE baptism. Black print on white paper. No question.

You said, quote, "Peter consistently argued that the Gentiles were to receive the gospel without being bound to the Law." End quote.

Galatians 2:11 But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned.

2:14 But when I saw that their conduct was not in step with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all,“If you, though a Jew, live like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you force the Gentiles to live like Jews?”

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Why would one be rebaptized? Christ knows you have been baptized, once is enough. You are saying that Christ isn't all knowing. You don't trust in Christ.
Wacky theology

Why in adulthood Jesus needed to be "baptized" ought to be a mystery to any thinking human. After all Jesus was supposed to be a savior and he was supposed to DO all the officiating and the teaching of OTHERS.

That Jesus had to have his cousin John ... who according to Catholics was a Catholic, baptize him ... proves how the new testament was meant to be anti-Semitic.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Theologians had a need to teach SIN as EVIL from devils, as that is what kept and keeps the gullible humans worshipping just the way the theologians planned it all out.
SIN implies that a devil "made us do it" ... and that the gods are offended ... of all the silly nonsense!
What is taught as sin by one culture is taught as holiness by another.
If you can't see that ... you are blind and want to stay that way.
To a Muslim, it is not a sin to kill a Christian that refuses to believe in Allah. It is a holy act committed in the "service" of Allah.
The Christians believed the same way when they killed others as heretical offenders of (God).
Morals are taught as solid truth ... but history proves that morality ought to be the first word to be scrutinized and tossed aside as useless nonsense.
Uhhh. Christians did NOT kill others for being "heretical offenders". The RCC church did and it is a mistake of the utmost to call the RCC Christian.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think of yourself as a heathen?
The people on this form don't like discussing "water."
Why? Because I do not accept the writings and meanings as they are presented in the book, nor do I accept the ritual practice and teachings of the RCC as "truth". I am therefore "heathen"...and I have no problem with the "label". For the very same reasons (and probably more) I am Pagan(anything other than Christian) as well...and accept that label also.
The discussion of baptism and "water" is a good example of my explanation. I can not agree with what is taught because I know the teachings of several religions and their histories, and I know better than to "blindly" believe some "teacher"(or corrupted teacher) that has no clue what they are even talking about in most cases. If I can shed some light in what I have found to help someone else to understand or compare beliefs or teachings I will participate in the discussion to that end. Believe me, I do not take religion lightly seeing the role it has played in the history of civilization...that including my own family tree.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to hang on the dilemma of understanding the meaning of "water" in the intended context. Find out what is the meaning of the "living water", and it all will come together.
"water" has been an integral part of all civilization since the very beginning of all life on earth...the component for completeness.
The Hebrews (and probably even before then) understood the "living water" as the sustenance gift of GOD. The gift that allowed for the continuance of life altogether....and a necessary vehicle to enable the human vessel to it's potential, and develop in spirituality to the extent it can come to fruition in a complete connection with it's creator....in which it becomes one with GOD...at which point the process is finished...and both are fulfilled.
It's simply scientific common sense that without water there would be no life on earth.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>you are no heathen..you show more compassion than some who claim to be Christians..
"Compassion" does not determine whether I am looked upon as a heathen or not sis...but thanks for the words. I know your heart.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 471,781 - 471,800 of530,077
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

545 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min RiccardoFire 93,229
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min An NFL Fan 114,645
Looking for Couples and lesbians to snapchat 15 min showurgoods 2
Being Gay is not wrong! (Mar '07) 24 min Doctor REALITY 154
I DON'T LIKE being black!! (Aug '12) 25 min tracye 15
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min JudgeNJury 255,712
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min gort 716,670
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 31 min Lab28 223,205
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Strength and Honor 171,450