Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688931 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#489206 Nov 7, 2013
"His Baptism, therefore, was necessary--not for Him, but for us." ... Stated the Catholic theologians.

No truer words were ever spoken.

Without Catholics believing that Jesus supports the Catholic religion ... there would BE no Catholic religion.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489207 Nov 7, 2013
real Papaw wrote:
John 14:6
New International Version (NIV)
6 Jesus answered,“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
The way to accept Jesus as Savior is baptism.
John is proven fabrication as well as heretical gnostic fraud.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#489208 Nov 7, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
<quoted text>
I was Catholic, and I left the church. Once I grew up, I realized just how screwed-up those priests are.
I was,raised Catholic also .

I found true Faith through the leading of the HOLY Spirit much much later .

Rather than listening to us, debate ..get a,bible easiest version to start NLT OR NIV read the,gospel of John ..And pray for understanding .
Talk to Jesus ..as,if He was your friend ..You don't need a,special prayer ..You can even in some,stores find a small book of John .

or go to this

His,message is,simple but deep

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Start there But keep.going

GOD BLESS YOU ..And ignore the debate .

Jesus is What's,important
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#489209 Nov 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
It takes no intellect at all to believe in fairy-tales. Quite the opposite.
We all have intellect. The fact that our intellects are based on ignorance should not go unnoticed by any of us.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#489210 Nov 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
A person can come to Jesus hours before they die and be saved.
Agree Chuck. Hey, we agree on something?
I don't think we all need a Bible verse for that either (although the thief on the cross is a good enough example)
God is infinite love and mercy. Who are we to say He wouldn't save a sincere person moments before death? I bet it happens everyday.
Now that I agree with you and oldgee on this one, am I born again? Lol. Can I hang out with y'all now?
Matt 20:16.

http://gracethrufaith.com/topical-studies/par...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#489211 Nov 7, 2013
who="BenAdam" <quoted text>
By sacrificing his first born child, Ishmael, to El.

----------
Abraham was willing to obey God, believing that God would resurrect his son. God was simply putting Abraham to the test, to see whether he would/could follow Him wherever He led him.

As you know, God provided a sacrifice for them, when Abraham proved his loyalty. Isaac was NOT sacrificed.

KayMarie

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489212 Nov 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
God can wave the water baptism ....as he did for the one that was redeemed
( the thief)on the cross.....
But Jesus wasn't even dead yet so I guess that "resurrection requirement" posted here is bullshit.

What a screwd up bunch of contradictory cults you all have.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#489213 Nov 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus was never needed and his entire life, death and alleged resurrection and deification are a meaningless joke.
OK
The Jesus-myth was simply one more myth added to many other savior-god myths.

And because it was the latest myth, modern believers took it as the one and only savior story that had any value as being based on truth.

But to the devout believers in other earlier religions ... their myths were also taken as being based on absolute truth.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#489214 Nov 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar. Evidently you do not believe what Jesus said. John 3:16, "For God so loved the world,fn that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."
Show me where Jesus said in order to be saved we must be baptized and if we are not baptized we are not saved and are condemned to hell forever. Show me these specific words of instruction from the Master to us.
<quoted text>
You might be condemned for your sins but my sins, past, present and future were forgiven the day I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.
You said, quote, "Because it was weakened by the flesh......SIN....
He CONDEMNED SIN in the flesh....." End quote.
So let me get this straight. You believe that Jesus, born of a woman in a human fleshly body, was a sinner? After Jesus baptism he went out to the desert and was tempted by Satan for 40 days. Did Jesus overcome the temptations of Satan as God or as a man?
~~~
You wrote

"You might be condemned for your sins but my sins, past, present and future were forgiven the day I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior."

____

I do not believe that our future sins are forgiven when we get saved

only our passed sins....

AFTER BEING BORN AGAIN....We have to deal with our sins and.... confess them... for them to be put under the Blood.

THE BIBLE SAYS..

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of

--> sins THAT ARE PAST,<-- through the forbearance of God;

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

IF WE DON'T THEY WILL STAND AGAINST US IN THE JUDGMENT..

RECEIVING JESUS AS YOU LORD AND SAVIOR ...

DOES NOT GIVE ANY ON A FREE PASS ...FOR THEIR FUTURE SINS...

Location hidden

#489215 Nov 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That is sick and perverted belief.
It is also NOT supported by the Bible.
The most important offering in the entire OT wasn't even harmed but allowed to go free from the city.
You also have a grain offering which is perfectly acceptable to YHWY/El.
when I speak, it is truth. read the 9th chapter of hebrew

Location hidden

#489216 Nov 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you being a pastor have had opportunities to share the gospel to those in hospitals living out their last days??
not only in hospital rooms but in their homes as they lie dying. and when I was sent, God went ahead of me. Praise the Lord.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#489217 Nov 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is What's,important
ONLY to Christians.

When you make such self-serving statements, you belittle all other devout believers that put their complete faith in other religions.

Yet when I belittle ALL religions as being based on nonsense ... you take it as a personal offense.

Location hidden

#489218 Nov 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
But Jesus wasn't even dead yet so I guess that "resurrection requirement" posted here is bullshit.
read the Bible, Jesus was dead BEFORE the two malefactors
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#489219 Nov 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian theologians taught and teach that Jesus was of the Jewish faith when he died on the cross.

Yet the Catholics teach that Saint John baptized Jesus as a Catholic "before" Jesus died on the cross.

The lies are in plain sight for those who want to see.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#489220 Nov 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it!
At least provide a Bible verse that explicitly says non-believers won't go to Hell.
A verse explicitly saying that miscarriages and dead bbies wont; go to Hell would help.
The RCC invented Limbo for babies but a few years ago declared it was a lie.
Let the little children come to me .

We,must have faith as,CHILDREN ..

I knit you in your mothers,womb

Limbo .....another doctrine changed

As,regards,JEWS killed for being JEWISH....thats,God's,Place as,to where they are,..

Perhaps,Arahams,bosom...as martyrs,for being His,Chosen ..with whom.He is,NOT FINISHED

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#489221 Nov 7, 2013
who="BenAdam" <quoted text>
They'll be in Hell with aborted fetuses and six million Jews.
----------
It is unlikely that any of the aforementioned will be in hell.
KayMarie
I agree Kay
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#489222 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
RECEIVING JESUS AS YOU LORD AND SAVIOR ...
DOES NOT GIVE ANY ON A FREE PASS ...FOR THEIR FUTURE SINS...
Which "Protestant" theologian taught THAT dogma???

And did he also shout when he was passing the dogma as being based on truth ... "down" to you???

:)
Catholic Girl

United States

#489223 Nov 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
No ... I haven't. Theories and more theories.
so you don't believe written proof, only thing you belief is what's made up in your head or seen on tv and in movies.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#489224 Nov 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We,must have faith as,CHILDREN ..
In your own cult's dogmas.

That was the aim of the crafty theologians in ALL religions.

"Captivate their brains, and they will trust you to do all the thinking for them."

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#489225 Nov 7, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Peace
Not to be contradictory, but isn't the basis of your "religion of no-religion" based on personal perception (i.e. Self)?
And if I were not being honest, and/or gave an impersonal mis-perception, then would that only be anti-Self?, or some intellectual construct as a substitute of being enlightened?
My citation..., well that would go to depending on other men's understanding. And if I have tested that understanding and find it valid, and accept such writings as inspired by God, then I am satisfied.(You don't have to accept it, your choice.)
I could recite a couple of Bible verses for you if you are interested?
Peace
Why do you promote the Self with "You don't have to accept it, your choice." - and then completely refute it in a previous statement?

You sound confused.

Maybe you should stop reciting Bible verses and begin to understand what you read. A good starting point would be to better understand what Jesus taught, and in order to do that, you would need to believe in all of what he taught, not jsut what certain fallible men have claimed.

"I could recite a couple of Bible verses for you if you are interested?"
- at this point in my life, you haven't anything of substance that could benefit me, so please don't try to claim you do or can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Tellthetruth 988,615
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Tellthetruth 37,310
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 1 hr Johnny 18
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,554
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 2 hr Johnny 24
Why doesn't God STOP the world's MADNESS and in... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 10
You are of your father.....the devil 4 hr Doctor REALITY 3
More from around the web