Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679389 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#489099 Nov 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck,
Why do people always asked this question?
"What does the scripture teach?"
Why is God patience with us?
Are we attempting to place God in a dilemma?
Hank, what happens to them?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#489100 Nov 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>It is very obvious that Mark Twain was stuck on stupid and glued to dumb when it came to understanding the deeper things of the Spirit.
And you would quote him,LOL.
You also believe that the Jews and Muslims are dumb and the Christians are wise ... even THOUGH you all supposedly worship the same image of the same god.

How WISE are you???
truth

Perth, Australia

#489101 Nov 7, 2013
sudjimorojamorise jelto borise makendenonce
ma nemoj oni sa brcice

no no you are not god

what a about orthers
o stojce

really
no no no he is not god too

many many many

its not me or him
no

n
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#489102 Nov 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with salvation. NOTHING!!! Jesus NEVER..NEVER..NEVER said baptism was a requirement for salvation. N E V E R !!!!!!
Required for salvation...believe and receive Jesus as Lord.
Romans 10:9-10, 9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
Not one....not one disciple ever wrote, nor did Jesus ever teach baptism was a requirement to receive salvation. If you can show me where the Bible tells anyone that in order to be saved they must have someone throw water on them, immerse them or pour water over their head I will eat ever page, including the cover, of my Bible.
A specific statement that says....to be saved you have to be baptized.
In Mark 16:16 the Bible tells us, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."
Not being baptized never has nor ever will damn someone to hell. The only unforgivable sin is ......UNBELIEF. If we do not believe we are damned. End of story!!!!!!!!!!
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OLDJG,
There is much more to salvation then just Believing/Faith...
What about the COMMANDS of Jesus in the New Testament which leads us to salvation??????
Which command of Jesus, if not followed, will condemn a person to hell?

Have you ever read these verses? Ephesians 2:8-9, 8 "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast."

By GRACE.....you have been saved through FAITH. And this is NOT YOUR OWN DOING; it is a GIFT of God, not a result of WORKS (baptism or communion or any other work), so than no one may boast.
independent common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#489104 Nov 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hank, what happens to someone who comes to Christ on a hospital bed and are not baptized before they pass?
They would still go to Heaven and be with their God. It is "religion" that tells you that if you are not baptized you cannot go to Heaven, they don't like to tell you the simple truth that ANYONE that goes to God and ask him to enter their heart and accepts him as their savior is saved....ANYONE and at ANYTIME, there are NO restrictions or exceptions...only to religion but certainly not to God. And he is all that matters, not religion. Jesus was sent to save us all and to preach the gospel of his father God, he did NOT spend his time spreading the word of religion nor was he a member of any religion. And I am pretty sure he made it into Heaven. Yes he was baptized but let's face it, he would have made it into Heaven even if he had not been. The simple fact is the ONLY people that say that are those that preach from a book....a book written by a few chosen men, a few out of several books that were written by men and women, books that were chosen because they said what those in charge at the time wanted people to hear. The bible that is preached is a book, a book that was put together to spread the word that the religious leaders in charge at the time wanted it to say, that is all!!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#489105 Nov 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
A verse explicitly saying that miscarriages and dead bbies wont; go to Hell would help.
How would it help you?

Prince George, Canada

#489106 Nov 7, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ritual is designed for the elimination of distraction from anything other than the preconceived path intended.
I agree! The people are hypnotized by the emotional HIGHS that occur during the rituals, that are performed over and over and over ... and that in turn causes them to never question the dogmas as being wrong according to their own consciences.

Burning people at the stake was such a common ritual that it was perceived as being righteous.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#489107 Nov 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose,
It is not what I believe...but it is what God teaches....
Believing/Faith alone will NOT save anyone from their sins....there is much more to salvation then those things...
You are a liar. Evidently you do not believe what Jesus said. John 3:16, "For God so loved the world,fn that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

Show me where Jesus said in order to be saved we must be baptized and if we are not baptized we are not saved and are condemned to hell forever. Show me these specific words of instruction from the Master to us.
truth

Perth, Australia

#489108 Nov 7, 2013
see id
is that some fiction z=for dimond thief abortion
really
all abourtus
because dimond

nooooooooooooooooo
is that going save someone
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo

then

you can't imagen
they set up
evil corupt thief drug dillers and so on criminals

no no no

its not me

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyy
marge

Leesburg, GA

#489109 Nov 7, 2013
John 14:17
the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

John 14:23
Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Romans 8:11
And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.
truth

Perth, Australia

#489110 Nov 7, 2013
its ok if not
why should be belong to whom?

Are you for sure confe someone love jew muslim or cristians..?
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo

it is written
they not love
not honor
its lips=phil$grofo oli neki profo
can be who say o ye vidit cemo

to neki buotanac

Prince George, Canada

#489111 Nov 7, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>And as I said before...I will not condemn you for your belief without just cause.
To believe in a religion that teaches that others deserve hell for eternity, while self deserves eternal bliss ... from my perception is not helping humans to strive for any semblance of world peace.

I condemn the religion ... not the people that believe in the religion.
truth

Perth, Australia

#489112 Nov 7, 2013
tajeeeeeeeeeee to me zoves
what deference betwen
taj tay tak i kargy zaaaa ma gdje to jadan nebio
o kirgy
or kerge
or what
vjancepracnce
kupi prnje da ti vratim frnje
did you looking in marble
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#489113 Nov 7, 2013
Someone, anyone....please provide a list of requirements Jesus preached and commanded to receive salvation other than......

B E L I E F

Not head belief. Heart belief! We all know Satan believes but not in his heart. Satan only acknowledges there is a God.

Romans 10:9-10, 9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt BELIEVE IN THINE HEART that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For WITH THE HEART MAN BELIEVETH UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#489114 Nov 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
To say that baptism is necessary for salvation is to say there are different requirements for folks in the New Testament than there were for the folks in the Old Testament.
I don't think that was God's plan...
People in the Old Testament were saved the same way folks are today....by faith.
Amen brother. The Bible tells us this over and over and over and over again.

Salvation is by faith alone in CHRIST ALONE.

Prince George, Canada

#489115 Nov 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Did Christ teach us to get baptized?
Answer.......MARK 16:15-16.
Enough said.
Catholic theologians taught that a Jew named Jesus chose to be baptized as a Catholic, to in turn set an example that all people had to be baptized as Catholics, or Jesus would not save them from spending eternity in hell.

The Protestants took from that dogma whatever pleased them.
truth

Perth, Australia

#489116 Nov 7, 2013
a spayichidaijchibajichicajichid aijchifajichigajichihajichijaj ichikajichilajichimajichinajic hipajichirajichispajichitajich ivajichiwajichixajichiyajichi
zajichi

Did they are spaying?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#489117 Nov 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
To believe in a religion that teaches that others deserve hell for eternity, while self deserves eternal bliss ... from my perception is not helping humans to strive for any semblance of world peace.
I condemn the religion ... not the people that believe in the religion.
To believe in a religion that teaches that others deserve hell for eternity - we all do Grams not just some

from my perception is not helping humans to strive for any semblance of world peace - why do we need world peace??

I condemn the religion - me too. It's nothing more than rules and traditions. I prefer Christianity.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#489118 Nov 7, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
morning Hank!
I see where you take water baptism very seriously but shouldn't the Holy Spirit baptism be of much more importance?
Luke 3:16
John answered them all, "I baptize you with water. But one who is more powerful than I will come, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. >He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.<
Morning Marge,

I am saying this with all my heart, Marge....

I pray that God will lead you to the understanding of the different baptisms....

This baptism that you have quoted is the...

Baptism of the Holy Spirit which was for the Apostles and the House of Cornelius....

I had a hard time, also, seeing this....with much prayer and studying it...I have found the truth is God's word...

The baptism we receive today is the...

Baptism into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ...in which we received the "gift of the Holy Spirit" aka the "Indwelling of the Holy Spirit."

Again, I pray God will lead you to the truth....
marge

Leesburg, GA

#489119 Nov 7, 2013
It is as "the Spirit of Christ" that the Holy Ghost takes possession of believers, introducing into them all the gracious, dove-like disposition which dwelt in Him (Mt 3:16; Joh 3:34). Now if any man's heart be void, not of such dispositions, but of the blessed Author of them, "the Spirit of Christ."

he is none of his—even though intellectually convinced of the truth of Christianity, and in a general sense influence by its spirit. Sharp, solemn statement this!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 min River Tam 445,845
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 56 min River Tam 2,905
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Jake999 46,227
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr UidiotRACEMAKEWOR... 119,382
News Pieces of pig placed on plot of future mosque i... 4 hr discocrisco 1
News Fort Hood Anti-Muslim Backlash Immediate (Nov '09) 4 hr falsefaiths 11,286
Satin is my god (Mar '08) 4 hr Trump Worshiper 2,228
More from around the web