Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650010 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#489073 Nov 7, 2013
they will do miracles like never before

it is written
its not me

they coming in my name

its not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

remember confe

-don't used lord name in vain
-respect your mother and father
-don't be false witness

many are false today
many many many
are ligio
o lord
how many lord you have

by liars

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489074 Nov 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hank, what happens to someone who comes to Christ on a hospital bed and are not baptized before they pass?
They'll be in Hell with aborted fetuses and six million Jews.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#489075 Nov 7, 2013
who="Chaumette"]Well , this is all a little too intense for me.

----------

Don't get overwrought with the where's and why for's. Just recognize that GOD LOVES YOU. You will be amazed at how your 'intense' load will be lightened.

KayMarie
Liam

Melrose Park, IL

#489076 Nov 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know catholics baptize infants. I just can't find where Jesus told you to.
Do you know that first century Christian catabombs reveal that Christians baptized infants. Interesting because those people heard the gospel verbally from the mouths of the Apostles. Its also interesting because fanatics try and convince everyone that the Roman Catholic Church corrupted the faith. Hmmm.
Now ignore this truth so you can continue undoing the Baptismal will of Jesus.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#489077 Nov 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston,
Again, God hates sin....
So if you are have NOT been washed away....why do you believe that the "Indwelling of the Holy Spirit" would be in you, when you are still in sin???
God wants things done in a certain order....He doesn't like confusion....
Repent....be baptized....receive the "gift of the Holy Spirit" aka "the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit"
You are asking God's Spirit to "indwell" in you while you are still in SIN.....your sins have NOT been forgiven UNTIL they are washed away....
He,said he,was baptized ..after receiving the,Spirit .

Anyway ..this,seems,..only my opinion ..between two people who love God ..And,a,few,of us,..as,far as,each of us,...a semantics ..

Pretty sure all 4 eh o have commented ARE BAPTIZED

The,confusion is,why as,regards,to us,...EHAT does it matter .

You BRLIEVE the BAPTISM washed the SIN..some believe FAITH. repentance ..the Holy SPIRIT washed the SIN ..then came BAPTISM . as,a,sign of being dead to sin and reborn in Christ ..

Now,my personal belief ..CHRISt ...HIS BLOOD saved us,...BAPTISM IS,Good.

But the BLOOD saved us by belief in our Saviour ..

I believe some people believe ..But Mau never get baptized for reasons,we cannot understand ...btw if Jesus knows THRY love Him ..their FAITH HAS saved them....as,He said,SO MANY times ..
THRY are,born again of the,SPIRIT ..

anyhow it's,pretty safe to think all the born again s,Here,are baptized ..
GOD BLESS you..brother

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#489078 Nov 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmmm,no..
truth

Perth, Australia

#489079 Nov 7, 2013
i see there ones
white blue creature as faun
yeeeeee
its stay there before
yeeeeeeee
lags as horse
yee
but head is deference as deva
yeee
i do cross
in name of father and son amd holy spirit
stop stan..yeeeeee
full stop evil creatureeeeeeeeeee
vicket develish satanic evil people
its look as white evil zirafa

its not god noooooooooooooooooooo

definitly not stenly noooooooooooooooo

now

Are you rember your brace with teeth when we meet each other

evil serve evillllllll

now lana lamna why you left me are ye
your brother call you
don't you

is that jesus
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#489080 Nov 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
don't forget the ones who claim to be college professors who can't spell. lol

What was it you said...oh yeah...I'm not an English professor....rotflau!!!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#489081 Nov 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know that first century Christian catabombs reveal that Christians baptized infants. Interesting because those people heard the gospel verbally from the mouths of the Apostles. Its also interesting because fanatics try and convince everyone that the Roman Catholic Church corrupted the faith. Hmmm.
Now ignore this truth so you can continue undoing the Baptismal will of Jesus.
Show me where Jesus said baptize infants. Thanks

#489082 Nov 7, 2013
QUOTE who="Tony17" <quoted text>Your argument is not with me but rather your argument is with the word of God.
Christ stated that he that believes ( FAITH ) and is baptized ( WORKS) shall be saved.
Now since Christ, the author of our salvation stated this Himself are you considering yourself to have higher authority than Christ in the determination of what is required?

----------

Jesus was baptized; He called it 'fulfilling all righteousness'. He did not baptize others, but His disciples baptized His converts. John 4:2

KayMarie
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#489083 Nov 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
When Jesus was baptized by John his words were
Mat_3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
JESUS DID NOT SAY THAT WATER BAPTISM WAS ALL THERE WAS TO (OBTAINING) RIGHTEOUSNESS...( RECEIVING SALVATION)
BUT HIS WORDS IMPLY... THAT IT WAS AN IMPORTANT/NECESSARY PART/ACTION OF BEING BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT.
BAPTISM IS A NECESSARY PART OF RECEIVING CHRIST AS OUR LORD AND SAVIOR
BUT IT IS NOT TO BE SET APART AS THE ONLY CRITERIA.
JESUS placed believing first...and baptism second...
Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Joh_3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Joh_5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Baptism has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with salvation. NOTHING!!! Jesus NEVER..NEVER..NEVER said baptism was a requirement for salvation. N E V E R !!!!!!

Required for salvation...believe and receive Jesus as Lord.

Romans 10:9-10, 9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Not one....not one disciple ever wrote, nor did Jesus ever teach baptism was a requirement to receive salvation. If you can show me where the Bible tells anyone that in order to be saved they must have someone throw water on them, immerse them or pour water over their head I will eat ever page, including the cover, of my Bible.
A specific statement that says....to be saved you have to be baptized.

In Mark 16:16 the Bible tells us, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

Not being baptized never has nor ever will damn someone to hell. The only unforgivable sin is ......UNBELIEF. If we do not believe we are damned. End of story!!!!!!!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#489084 Nov 7, 2013
why you think that deva zirafa elephanrt as well others died on INRI..
who
is they going save something
not its interest
no no no no

#489085 Nov 7, 2013
who="Chuck" <quoted text>
Hank, what happens to someone who comes to Christ on a hospital bed and are not baptized before they pass?

----------
You let God take care of the matter.

KM
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#489086 Nov 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck,

Why do people always asked this question?

"What does the scripture teach?"

Why is God patience with us?

Are we attempting to place God in a dilemma?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#489087 Nov 7, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Thats why there are universel rules that prevent you from having such powers.
And I find that pretty darn cool.
So you would rather worship the image of a god that prevents me from putting an end to continual suffering of all forms of life ... HUH Jumper???

That means that you agree that the suffering of ALL animals, including humans ... is COOL!

Another vote for the religious team! YEH! YEH! YEH! Let's hear it now ... three cheers for the all-powerful ABUSER in the sky!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#489088 Nov 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with salvation. NOTHING!!! Jesus NEVER..NEVER..NEVER said baptism was a requirement for salvation. N E V E R !!!!!!
Required for salvation...believe and receive Jesus as Lord.
Romans 10:9-10, 9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
Not one....not one disciple ever wrote, nor did Jesus ever teach baptism was a requirement to receive salvation. If you can show me where the Bible tells anyone that in order to be saved they must have someone throw water on them, immerse them or pour water over their head I will eat ever page, including the cover, of my Bible.
A specific statement that says....to be saved you have to be baptized.
In Mark 16:16 the Bible tells us, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."
Not being baptized never has nor ever will damn someone to hell. The only unforgivable sin is ......UNBELIEF. If we do not believe we are damned. End of story!!!!!!!!!!
OLDJG,

There is much more to salvation then just Believing/Faith...

What about the COMMANDS of Jesus in the New Testament which leads us to salvation??????

#489089 Nov 7, 2013
who="BenAdam" <quoted text>

----------
It is unlikely that any of the aforementioned will be in hell.

KayMarie
marge

Leesburg, GA

#489090 Nov 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, when people's souls are in DANGER....yes, I take it very SERIOUSLY....
morning Hank!

I see where you take water baptism very seriously but shouldn't the Holy Spirit baptism be of much more importance?

Luke 3:16
John answered them all, "I baptize you with water. But one who is more powerful than I will come, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. >He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.<
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#489091 Nov 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He,said he,was baptized ..after receiving the,Spirit .
Anyway ..this,seems,..only my opinion ..between two people who love God ..And,a,few,of us,..as,far as,each of us,...a semantics ..
Pretty sure all 4 eh o have commented ARE BAPTIZED
The,confusion is,why as,regards,to us,...EHAT does it matter .
You BRLIEVE the BAPTISM washed the SIN..some believe FAITH. repentance ..the Holy SPIRIT washed the SIN ..then came BAPTISM . as,a,sign of being dead to sin and reborn in Christ ..
Now,my personal belief ..CHRISt ...HIS BLOOD saved us,...BAPTISM IS,Good.
But the BLOOD saved us by belief in our Saviour ..
I believe some people believe ..But Mau never get baptized for reasons,we cannot understand ...btw if Jesus knows THRY love Him ..their FAITH HAS saved them....as,He said,SO MANY times ..
THRY are,born again of the,SPIRIT ..
anyhow it's,pretty safe to think all the born again s,Here,are baptized ..
GOD BLESS you..brother
Rose,

It is not what I believe...but it is what God teaches....

Believing/Faith alone will NOT save anyone from their sins....there is much more to salvation then those things...
truth

Perth, Australia

#489092 Nov 7, 2013
Are you for sure jamerika as rupetina are save USA..no no no no.

neko je sa nijiva a neko iz slivetina neko iz rupetina a neko pri polju ko poljski zicevi
boze mi moj oprosti a neki ovako ili onako
neki iz glavice a neki iz komusine ko komsije i tako suho lisce ko suho lisce reko je tin uj ijucivju ciju ciju o jete to je neka civija=brokva=ekser and so on

a tako
bolce volite bol ced jelto neko putuje na bol punche bol
really
ma nemoj
znam da citash
citajte citajte
oli imate srama

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Ooogah Boogah 55,894
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min brandy trujillo 971,738
News Albright Blasts Bush Mideast Response, Cites Ir... (Jul '06) 29 min Divorce Lawyer 57
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 182,931
Have a wonderful safe evening....o.k.?? 4REAL 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Are you AFRAID to meet the Lord Jesus on Judgme... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 3
Why are white people so insecure ? (Feb '10) 1 hr Doctor REALITY 196
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 20 hr Jesus 47
More from around the web