Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641446 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488842 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
As people do not understand the URGENCY in being PREPARED for Jesus' coming.....
IMMEDIATE RESPONSE is necessary when a person realizes the DANGERS of SIN on their souls....
Christ said be not afraid, so why worry?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#488843 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks,Chuck ..Jesus knew my heart when I was,baptized as an adult
"Jesus knew my heart"
This thought was only generated in your mind. Psychologists call this result "synthetic" - because a thought is artificially generated through the interactions of neurons and other processes within the brain that causes one to use all of there senses to arrive at a conclusion. Of course you don't reveal, that this was probably done after you CHOSE to leave the RCC. Which furthermore, was probably because you either learned of or read something about the RCC that didn't quite agree with you. I know others who had done the same thing - moving from the RCC to another non-Catholic denomination, but still "feel" for the RCC. The way you talk about the RCC is a clear indication of that assessment.

Again, you speak of Self.

"when I was,baptized as an adult"
Another choice YOU made. Which is also Self.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>After much prayer on it ..I was baptized after receiving Christ as,Lord of my life
And yet again, you speak of the Self.

When does Jesus come into play, again?

Oh wait, you don't believe Jesus when he said, "to know yourself".
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>..I honestly am not accepting advice from that person about my FAITH in the Lord .
However there,are several articles,like this one ...
About Catholics pilgrims...imagine that
http://www.americancatholic.org/news/report.a...
"I honestly am not accepting advice from that person about my FAITH in the Lord"
- of course you don't have to. You are a sentient being with a choice. Remember - we just discussed the Self.

Why do you believe fallible men can define an infallible being?
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488844 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
But the Word of God remains the same....
A covenant relationship with God is VERY SERIOUS....which cannot be done by an infant/small child....
So I guess Ladi wants children, adults to go to Limbo too.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488845 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If one believes,in the,Rapture ..the little children will be taken up with believers,
A protestant made up the term rapture a little over a hundred years ago.

Albuquerque, NM

#488846 Nov 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:

What she is saying that only believers are baptized. An infant is not a believer, nor do they remember being baptized. So when one repents and receives Christ by faith, then and only then they are baptized. You have it backwards.
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Say your family was in a car wreck, your child who should have been baptized as a baby , dies without being baptized. Its your fault now isn't it.
What's "Chuck's" fault? You have an incomplete statement.

Albuquerque, NM

#488847 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Deep man, deep....LOL....
Too deep for you?

:o)
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488848 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
As an infant, there is NO WAY to have a covenant relationship with God being baptized as an infant.
What is the purpose of baptism?
Forgiveness of your sins.
What sins has an infant committed???
And don't say original (inherited) sins....there is NO such thing....
God does His part in baptism,
AND,
Man has his part in his baptism.
Christ would want babies baptized so the devil won't get them.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#488849 Nov 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your innuendos always hints at you KNOWING some ancient wisdom as fact ... and I don't buy your nonsense ... any more than you believe I have wisdom in my possession.
You KNOW you don't believe that I am at all wise ... and I don't blame you ... as I also know that I am NOT at all wise.
It is not important to me what you believe...but is seems all important to you what I believe.
There was no "innuendo" in what I stated at all. it is an observance of actuality...simple as that.
You attempt to make it all seem as though it is something it is not.

It appears you are quite desperate to defame my person in some way..even if it is grasping at the weakest of straws.
All of this over the clarification of whether wisdom is of old or modern...and I simply said that it is neither and both(which is actuality).
What is it with that that you can not understand as a simple statement of fact that you have to make an elaborate "inquisition" about it June?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#488850 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
As an infant, there is NO WAY to have a covenant relationship with God being baptized as an infant.
What is the purpose of baptism?
Forgiveness of your sins.
What sins has an infant committed???
And don't say original (inherited) sins....there is NO such thing....
God does His part in baptism,
AND,
Man has his part in his baptism.
The Bible records the initial burst of Christianity. You won't find two married parents bringing forth their child to be Baptized because there really weren't two Christian parents around yet.
However, the Apostles taught to Baptize entire households- including infants. We can prove this by the discovery of first century tombs and catacombs.
We go by the word of God, Truth, given orally and written by the Apostles. Do not mess with the deposit of truth by them .. We did not miss the teaching on Baptism for 2,000 yrs.
I really can't stomach the ignorance coming from you all anymore. After going around and round on the same old stuff all these yrs, it hasn't dawned on ya yet. You are not called by the Lord to preach something opposite of what was already taught. Period.
truth

Perth, Australia

#488851 Nov 6, 2013
Cross INRI
Michael

Canada

#488852 Nov 6, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Please supply us with the verse where Jesus says NOT to Baptize infants. You guys are the ones who changed it, not us.

changed it?

What about the OT and the day of rest on saturday. Why would God establish Saturday as the holy day, then christians come along and change Gods plan. Thats not good!

Infants are baptized for ONE reason. Family hand me down tradition so the unknowing child will become just like mom and dad without even knowing it.

Only adults should make educated decisions about being baptized. People shouldn't fear making mom and dad angry simply because you decide yourself that their religion isn't your religion.........its too bad there are parents who would hate their children if they decided on not being baptized.........to become just like them!.

very sad.

truth

Perth, Australia

#488853 Nov 6, 2013
law not exist
its corupt law
only for corupt clubs
and corupt organization

my hands lags body and mind
-there is a no Law
-there is a no love
-there is a no Mercy
-there is a suffering

it is written
its corupt lips

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#488854 Nov 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jehovah instructed them to stray away from Judaism???
Are you SERIOUS???
The New Testament happens to be for all, Galatians 3:28 NKJV
New King James Version

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. There is only Christian.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488855 Nov 6, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Please supply us with the verse where Jesus says NOT to Baptize infants. You guys are the ones who changed it, not us.
Clay,

Why would Jesus teach His disciples to follow the example of a child?

And, look at this verse...

“If anyone causes one of these little ones—~~~~~those who believe in me—to stumble,~~~~~ it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

little ones....those who BELIEVE in me-to stumble....

The child has to be old enough to BELIEVE....
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#488856 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends if the child knows the difference between right and wrong.
Until that time, the baby/small child is pure and innocent and their soul will go to God....
To be in a covenant relationship with God is VERY SERIOUS in which an infant/small child CANNOT make that decision.
Jesus wants two parents to bring him the infant at Baptism. This is what the Apostles taught, we can prove it by the writings of the early Church.
You have absolutely no authority to change the word of God, truth.
truth

Perth, Australia

#488857 Nov 6, 2013
there is a no Law
Jesus say
He come fullfil law
My hands my lags my body my mind
INRI CROSS
-there is a no Law
-there is a no Mercy
-there is a suffering
INRI
A NKH
How its start its finish.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#488858 Nov 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post BT42.
Moving past the words to understand the meaning of the words, that have been written, is a task that causes one to the also understand themselves and their role in life.
I find it quite scarce within Christianity for an individual to actually admit "honest failure" in communicating with "God". Yet some individuals claim to "know God".
Your post shows how the RCC is quite incorrect of its unfounded claim.
New Age Spiritual Leader

Peace

"What we 'ave here is a failure to communicate.", Cool Hand Luke....(smiles)

The communication process requires listening. And most of us need to learn how to listen, before we go off and make claims such as we "know God(as you say)".

What God chooses, and how God chooses to communicate, may sometimes seem reasonable, and easy to understand and go along with, but also because God is beyond our understanding, one must accept we understand just the smallest fraction of the Message from God.

It is better to be humble, than to boast....

Peace

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#488859 Nov 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree with you at all.
I could believe that it is morally wrong to kill, yet morally right to kill in defense of my own country.
Morality if often a double-edged sword.
Jerry Falwell believed that he was a VERY moral person.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
The popular television evangelist reverend Jerry Falwell, who supported President Bush, made the following statement (verbatim)…“But you got to kill the terrorists before the killing stops and I’m for the President … chase them all over the world, if it takes ten years, blow them away, in the name of the Lord.”
Really?
Have you ever had the experience of someone else's mortality in your hands?
Until you do, you are speaking in supposition, not actuality.
The "morality" doesn't change, the actuality of circumstance [does].
I believe you have the two confused....or are attempting to "justify" (rationalize) that bad behavior by moving the goalpost of basic "morality" to a more acceptable position...one deviating from the basic balance between good and bad behavior.
truth

Perth, Australia

#488860 Nov 6, 2013
Jesus come fulfill Law
How its start
life start
in her be life a nkh
ITS FINISHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

on cross INRI
my body my lags my hands my mind
-there is a no law
-there is a no Mercy
-there is a suffering

by

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#488861 Nov 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"Jesus knew my heart"
This thought was only generated in your mind. Psychologists call this result "synthetic" - because a thought is artificially generated through the interactions of neurons and other processes within the brain that causes one to use all of there senses to arrive at a conclusion. Of course you don't reveal, that this was probably done after you CHOSE to leave the RCC. Which furthermore, was probably because you either learned of or read something about the RCC that didn't quite agree with you. I know others who had done the same thing - moving from the RCC to another non-Catholic denomination, but still "feel" for the RCC. The way you talk about the RCC is a clear indication of that assessment.
Again, you speak of Self.
"when I was,baptized as an adult"
Another choice YOU made. Which is also Self.
<quoted text>
And yet again, you speak of the Self.
When does Jesus come into play, again?
Oh wait, you don't believe Jesus when he said, "to know yourself".
<quoted text>
"I honestly am not accepting advice from that person about my FAITH in the Lord"
- of course you don't have to. You are a sentient being with a choice. Remember - we just discussed the Self.
Why do you believe fallible men can
define an infallible being?
What's,your this g with self ..

NO ONE DENIES,THEIR SELVES,either choose,Faith or not ..

No one forces belief .

Parents,may force kids into CHURCH practices,..But it's,a LEAP to FAITH that takes,place in each person .

NO ONE,DENIES,THAT . you keep going on as if we DON'T see that ..

But GOD IS,GOD ..NOT Self is,God ..

HE,CREATED US..Jesus,Christ preached , healed,,suffered and took our Sins,to the CROSS ..HIS BLOOD,washes us,NOT OUR,SELF .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min onemale 280,869
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Bongo 38,037
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 24 min X Pendable 44,323
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 31 min WildWeirdWillie 182,269
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 41 min Paul is dead 4,076
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 41 min New Age Spiritual... 969,958
Play "end of the word" part 2 53 min andet1987 1,716
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Steve III 618,381
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 104,647
More from around the web