Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488608 Nov 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox,
What do you believe born again is?
On salvation....
God has His part....
Man has his part.....
Hint: Baptism is a command...
show us in the Bible(not your church theology)where Jesus ever commanded ONE person to be Baptized, Hank, just ONE person.
it is very obvious that you are changing THE WORD OF GOD TO FIT YOUR CHURCH DOCTRINE.
He TOLD the Apostles to go out and Baptize people, but that is much different than you saying that Baptism is another Commandment from God, since it isn't.
and we have been down this road many times as I have corrected you on this false theology that comes from the campbellite/stone movement. when a group such as yours changes the Word of God, it places itself in the realm of being a Cult, doesn't It?.
so lets look at it like this. Jesus also told them to go and Preach, now using the campbellite/stone theology, it is a commandment for every person to be a preacher.
hope that you can see this easy [analogy] proves your church doctrine is flawed as well as false.
Preston,

Hope all is well with you....

No church doctrine, Preston....it is from the Word of God....

I have always stated SPIRITUAL and I am still saying SPIRITUAL....

Not a physical birth but a SPIRITUAL birth...

Ecclesiastes 7:1

7 A good name is better than fine perfume,
and the day of death better than the day of birth.

***Day of death better than the day of birth....

We also need to have a good name....

Proverbs 22:1

22 A good name is more desirable than great riches;
to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.

Whose name to we carry with us, Preston?

Matthew 5:16

16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Proverbs 3:1-4

1 My son, do not forget my teaching,
but keep my commands in your heart,

2 for they will prolong your life many years
and bring you peace and prosperity.

3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.

4<<<<<Then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and man.>>>>>

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#488609 Nov 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If its evil, the devil made him/her commit the deed ... as evil only stems from one of those nasty devils.
That's religion for you.
"I'll throw my evil-dagger at that person ... and welcome in all the holy stuff for me ... as my halo glows with light from my god above."
YUCK!!!
okie dokie..if that is your will it shall be done..

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#488610 Nov 6, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<YOU WILL UNDERSTAND IT BETTER BY AND BY.
Catholics and Protestants killed each for centuries over the meanings of the words in the same bible.

They don't kill each other any more, as the law won't allow it, but as is proof on this forum, the fight over the meanings of words continues non-stop.

And you have the nerve to shout that understanding will come to others "by and by."

No doubt you, as do all others that read the words, are certain YOU have the correct understanding.

Arrogance has no boundaries.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#488611 Nov 6, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Aww, your Ladi *slip* is showing
and your arrogants and ignorance is showing

Quesnel, Canada

#488612 Nov 6, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Truth, while I do appreciate your replies but your understabnding leaves much to be desired when it comes to RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH.
Case in point! You believe you are a teacher of pure wisdom.

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#488613 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It is because, June, you have no idea of the DANGERS of SIN.....
If you don't understand the physical, you are NOT going to understand the SPIRITUAL.
Theologians had a need to teach SIN as EVIL from devils, as that is what kept and keeps the gullible humans worshipping just the way the theologians planned it all out.

SIN implies that a devil "made us do it" ... and that the gods are offended ... of all the silly nonsense!

What is taught as sin by one culture is taught as holiness by another.

If you can't see that ... you are blind and want to stay that way.

To a Muslim, it is not a sin to kill a Christian that refuses to believe in Allah. It is a holy act committed in the "service" of Allah.

The Christians believed the same way when they killed others as heretical offenders of (God).

Morals are taught as solid truth ... but history proves that morality ought to be the first word to be scrutinized and tossed aside as useless nonsense.

Quesnel, Canada

#488614 Nov 6, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I have never called you mentally ill....you have a right to your opinion and I mine I have no desire to convert you or condemn you..
You were not mentioned. I was making a point about the word friendship and how it can change as soon as others disagree concerning opinions.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488615 Nov 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9
(6) If we confess our sins, he is (g) faithful and just to (h) forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
(6) Therefore the beginning of salvation is to acknowledge our wickedness and to require pardon from him, who freely forgives all sins, because he has promised to do so and he is faithful and just.
(g) So then our salvation depends on the free promise of God, who because he is faithful and just, will perform that which he hath promised.
(h) Where then are our merits? for this is our true happiness.
~~~~
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek/gentile: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
```
The above is the process of being "BORN AGAIN"
JESUS SAID...Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
BEING BORN AGAIN... must preempt Water Baptism, joining a Church,
example ...
UNTIL ONE IS BORN PHYSICALLY...HE CANNOT FUNCTION AS A NORMAL HUMAN BEING
UNTIL ONE IS BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT...HE CANNOT FUNCTION IN THE SPIRIT OF GOD.
Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Thank you, GIF....

Thank you for these scriptures.

This is part of what I have been saying....

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

<<<Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.>>>

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken
your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Rom 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488616 Nov 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Theologians had a need to teach SIN as EVIL from devils, as that is what kept and keeps the gullible humans worshipping just the way the theologians planned it all out.
SIN implies that a devil "made us do it" ... and that the gods are offended ... of all the silly nonsense!
What is taught as sin by one culture is taught as holiness by another.
If you can't see that ... you are blind and want to stay that way.
To a Muslim, it is not a sin to kill a Christian that refuses to believe in Allah. It is a holy act committed in the "service" of Allah.
The Christians believed the same way when they killed others as heretical offenders of (God).
Morals are taught as solid truth ... but history proves that morality ought to be the first word to be scrutinized and tossed aside as useless nonsense.
June,

Sin is lawlessness....

You didn't do your homework last night!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#488617 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston,
Hope all is well with you....
No church doctrine, Preston....it is from the Word of God....
I have always stated SPIRITUAL and I am still saying SPIRITUAL....
Not a physical birth but a SPIRITUAL birth...
Ecclesiastes 7:1
7 A good name is better than fine perfume,
and the day of death better than the day of birth.
***Day of death better than the day of birth....
We also need to have a good name....
22 A good name is more desirable than great riches;
Whose name to we carry with us, Preston?
Matthew 5:16
16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
Proverbs 3:1-4
1 My son, do not forget my teaching,
but keep my commands in your heart,
2 for they will prolong your life many years
and bring you peace and prosperity.
3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.
4<<<<<Then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and man.>>>>>
LOL< you made a statement that Jesus [commands] us to be Baptized. I asked you to provide ONE verse that backs up your statement and so what do you do, you write about an OT verse that cant be construed to be factual about Baptism.

why don't you just be honest with us and yourself and admit that the Bible doesn't have any verses where man is commanded to be Baptized thru the Words of Jesus.

the answer is very obvious as to WHY you don't even try to provide one verse. because it shoots down your church theology and doctrine, and you know it. just as for years, I have challenged you to show us where one person received the Holy Ghost when they were Baptized, as your church teaches.

so now we come to the [bottom line], your doctrine is being shown as false

Quesnel, Canada

#488618 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Men's words are NO value to me....
It is God's words that hold ALL substance of living a righteous life.....
Men wrote the bible, and if you believe that a Jewish god inspired the new testament, which in turn is totally anti-Semitic ... I suggest you are on the wrong track.

The very idea that the Catholic John the Baptist baptized Jesus a Jew ought to put up red flags in the minds of all believers.

That is comparable to Billy Graham baptizing the pope into Protestantism.
truth

Perth, Australia

#488619 Nov 6, 2013
Don't be naive my son

Jesus Christ died on Cross
'he say I am thirsty'

bless you accusers
bless your abusers
bless your false witness
bless your prosecutors
bless your judges

Quesnel, Canada

#488620 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, GIF....
Thank you for these scriptures.
I prefer the following scripture. Especially the part about Jehovah creating evil.

Christians don't seem to like that scripture, or to "want" to take it on "face" value.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Isaiah 45:7 ASV
American Standard Version

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things
truth

Perth, Australia

#488621 Nov 6, 2013
ON act of your mother
you do miracle in kana galilejska
ti si ucinio cudo u kani galilejskoj

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#488622 Nov 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
WHEN WE ARE BORN AGAIN WE BECOME A SON OF GOD..
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
~~~

UNTIL WE ARE BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT
AS JESUS SAID

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
IS THIS NOT THE REASON THAT JESUS SAID..

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

MIRACLES DO NOT COMMEND OR AUTHENTICATED THE PERSON AS A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN...

MIRACLES PERFORMED... COMMEND THE THE POWER OF THE WORD OF GOD...

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

NO MATTER HOW MANY MIRACLES CAN BE CITED AND BRAGGED ABOUT, OR HOW MANY CAN BE CITED TO CAUSE ONE TO BE CANONIZED BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.

MIRACLES DO NOT PROVE THAT ANY PERSON IS A SON OF GOD...

IT PROVES THE POWER THAT IS IN THE NAME OF JESUS GOD'S ONLY BEGOTTEN SON.

IT PROVES THE WORDS OF JESUS WHEN HE SAID..

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
truth

Perth, Australia

#488623 Nov 6, 2013
Jesus not forget his tears.
psalm 22
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488624 Nov 6, 2013
hojo wrote:
The Pillar and Foundation of the Truth (CCC 148-580) Church Fathers
One of the most important – and consequently most attacked – doctrines of the Catholic Church is the doctrine concerning the Church herself. The view that the Church is visible, hierarchical, authoritative and possessed of “all truth” forms a key understanding of all other Catholic doctrines. It is the Church who administers the sacraments, which are the ordinary means of salvation and grace. It is the Church who wrote the Bible and only the Church who can correctly interpret Sacred Scripture.
This article will show how the Catholic apologist can defend the Catholic doctrines and refute the anti-Catholic views concerning the Church. Note that many of these positions rely on simple, direct logic – a Church which possesses certain characteristics must possess others. Just as a building which possesses a roof must have rooms which possess ceilings, so must a Church which is authoritative be visible, for example.
Did Christ want a Church at all?
Although Saint Paul speaks of the Church as the “pillar and foundation of the truth” in I Timothy 3:15 (a passage which clearly shows that he considered the Church to be massively important) did Jesus want to found a Church? Scripture makes it clear that He did.
In Matthew 16:18-19 Jesus says that He will build His Church – this very clear! Later on, Jesus speaks of the Church again in Matthew 18:17-18. Jesus constantly tells the apostles to go out and spread the Gospel – Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15-16 – why would He do this if He did not wish to found some sort of community? This community is called the Church – and these Scriptures prove that Jesus intended to found one. Other Scriptures, logic and common sense will show that Jesus intended to found – and did found – a Church which has all the characteristics of the Catholic Church and is, therefore, the Catholic Church.
The Authoritative Church
One of the major objections to the claims that the Church makes regarding herself is that she alone has authority to interpret God's word in the Bible, and indeed to formally what the Christian religion is when it is revealed to her by the Holy Spirit. Many people who react badly to this are simply having a problem with any form of authority, and consider that there is an invisible church rather than the visible one Christ actually founded.
However, Scripture is clear that the Church has authority – in Matthew 28:18-20 Jesus delegates His power to the apostles. The authority to perform specific acts is given in other passages – John 20:23 (the power to forgive sin), I Corinthians 11:23-24 (the power to offer sacrifice, the Eucharist), Luke 10:16 (the power to speak with Christ's voice), Matthew 18:18 (the power to legislate) and Matthew 18:17 (the power to discipline).
From a perspective of pure common sense and logic, what would be the point of founding a Church (which Christ clearly wanted to do) without giving her authority? If the Church has no power, what what is she? She is simply a collection of believers with no power to enforce laws or discipline those who are dissident – anyone could claim to be a member of her even if they denied all the tenets of her laws and beliefs! Organizations logically require authority over their members and authority to determine what the criteria for membership are; otherwise they are not organizations at all, but simply a label without a clear definition.
That says it! Great post!
truth

Perth, Australia

#488625 Nov 6, 2013
it is written
they will come in my name
they not honor me
no love me

it is written on INRI
its been my lags hands body mind
- there is a no Mercy
- there is a not love
- there is a no Law
- there is suffering
a nkh

Quesnel, Canada

#488626 Nov 6, 2013
I suggest you keep in mind that Justin Martyr was a staunch Catholic who died for the Catholic church. That is where the term "martyr" originated.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

THE CATHOLIC WORLD REPORT

"Why did Jesus insist on being baptized?"

St. Justin Martyr (d. 165), one of the first great apologists, addressed the baptism in his Dialogue with Trypho. He emphasized that the Son had no need to be baptized—just as he had no need to be born, to suffer, or die—but did so in order to reveal himself to mankind; the baptism, in other words, was the messianic manifestation, a sign for the Church first, and then the world.

http://www.catholicworldreport.com/Blog/1879/...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488627 Nov 6, 2013

22 <A good name> is more desirable than great riches;

A good name....whose name?

All hail the power of Jesus' name!
Let angels prostrate fall;
bring forth the royal diadem,
and crown him Lord of all.
Bring forth the royal diadem,

Ye chosen seed of Israel's race,
ye ransomed from the fall,
hail him who saves you by his grace,
Hail him who saves you by his grace,

Sinners, whose love can ne'er forget
the wormwood and the gall,
go spread your trophies at his feet,
Go spread your trophies at his feet,

Let every kindred, every tribe
on this terrestrial ball,
to him all majesty ascribe,
To him all majesty ascribe,

Crown him, ye martyrs of your God,
who from his altar call;
extol the Stem of Jesse's Rod,
Extol the Stem of Jesse's Rod,

O that with yonder sacred throng
we at his feet may fall!
We'll join the everlasting song,
We'll join the everlasting song,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min Truth 3,935
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 830,297
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 min Student 40,218
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 18 min Classic 2,312
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 24 min Chess Jurist 442,972
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 26 min Toby 99,254
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 50 min Just Think 121,727
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr dr Shrink 611,943
More from around the web