Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685999 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#488814 Nov 6, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the Jew wait until he was 16 to get circumcised? I would hope not. Ouch!
His parents brought him before God as an infant. Christians do the same like Christ commanded, without the snip snip.
And that's,what you believe is,right .

Confirmation is,closer to what we believe. HOWEVER ..we BELUEVE in acceptance of Jesus,Christ as Lord And Saviour ..being BORN AGAIN
into Salvation ..then getting Baptized ..HOWEVER .
THE difference is ..your CHURCH does it by age ..learn the words and ritual and get Confirmed ..But in this,day and,age a,12 year old MAY OR MAY NOT have true FAITH in Christ ...

It's,a heart and soul decision..And AGE has,nothing to do with TRUE BELIEF ..

You yourself talked about being hardly Catholic as a teen..YOUR words ..MINE TOO ...no offense meant

You may not have truly accepted JESUS in your heart till later..Clay ..

Only you know the answer to when you developed a true relationship
With CHRIST .

BE CLEAR ..I'M.GOING BY YOUR testimony which is,VERY SIMILAR TO MANY TEENS ...AND ADULTS ..And was,NOT meant badly ..really

It took.me decades,longer to come to CHRIST .......You seem to know,Christ ..

So do I ..the HOLY SPIRIT TURNS OUR HEARTS,TO CHRIST WHERE AND WHEN HE DOES ..by whatever means,He chooses...

I don't have a thing o say one way or another about baby baptism....But that is,not salvation ...for a grown person ..And dead babies are with Christ ..baptized or not ...

Thankfully there is no more LIMBO ..That I learned as a child ...

Just don't dismiss tHE Faith of the folks who are not CATHOLIC...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#488815 Nov 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What she is saying that only believers are baptized. An infant is not a believer, nor do they remember being baptized. So when one repents and receives Christ by faith, then and only then they are baptized. You have it backwards.
Thanks,Chuck ..Jesus knew my heart when I was,baptized as an adult

After much prayer on it ..I was baptized after receiving Christ as,Lord of my life ..I honestly am not accepting advice from that person about my FAITH in the Lord .

However there,are several articles,like this one ...

About Catholics pilgrims...imagine that

http://www.americancatholic.org/news/report.a...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#488816 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston,
You are a very smart man.....
You should know the physical birth and spiritual birth...
"born of water and of the spirit" is NOT two separate things BUT one....
"born of water" is NOT referring to a child being born....
John 3:3-5
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, <<<Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit,>>> he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Man....not child....and it happens all at once in baptism....
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever."
By the Word of God....
James 1:18
18 Of his own will begat he us with the <word of truth,> that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
Titus 3:5
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us,~~~~~by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;~~~~~
by the washing of regeneration AND renewing of the Holy Ghost....
Ephesians 4:5
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
conversion...
to turn to one's self
to turn one's self about, turn back
to return, turn back, come back
To return to your first love....
There are conversion in the Word of God, Preston...
It seems to hang on the dilemma of understanding the meaning of "water" in the intended context. Find out what is the meaning of the "living water", and it all will come together.
"water" has been an integral part of all civilization since the very beginning of all life on earth...the component for completeness.
The Hebrews (and probably even before then) understood the "living water" as the sustenance gift of GOD. The gift that allowed for the continuance of life altogether....and a necessary vehicle to enable the human vessel to it's potential, and develop in spirituality to the extent it can come to fruition in a complete connection with it's creator....in which it becomes one with GOD...at which point the process is finished...and both are fulfilled.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#488817 Nov 6, 2013
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#488818 Nov 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If there is any justice ... I suggest it will never be found in religion.
"Ahh...yea. Do you want fries with that order of bull mam?"
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#488819 Nov 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What she is saying that only believers are baptized. An infant is not a believer, nor do they remember being baptized. So when one repents and receives Christ by faith, then and only then they are baptized. You have it backwards.
You born again fanatics have the right to do whatever you want. But don't get involved with telling us Catholics we're Baptizing wrong. We go by what Jesus taught and the Apostles told us. We Baptize infants. You read some of their writings 2,000 yrs later and do something different.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488820 Nov 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Say your family was in a car wreck, your child who should have been baptized as a baby , dies without being baptized. Its your fault now isn't it.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488821 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
http://www.vocationnetwork.org /blog/spiritcitings_blog/2012/ 01/hundreds_come_to_jordan_riv er_to_be_baptized_
Why would one be rebaptized? Christ knows you have been baptized, once is enough. You are saying that Christ isn't all knowing. You don't trust in Christ.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488822 Nov 6, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to hang on the dilemma of understanding the meaning of "water" in the intended context. Find out what is the meaning of the "living water", and it all will come together.
"water" has been an integral part of all civilization since the very beginning of all life on earth...the component for completeness.
The Hebrews (and probably even before then) understood the "living water" as the sustenance gift of GOD. The gift that allowed for the continuance of life altogether....and a necessary vehicle to enable the human vessel to it's potential, and develop in spirituality to the extent it can come to fruition in a complete connection with it's creator....in which it becomes one with GOD...at which point the process is finished...and both are fulfilled.
Deep man, deep....LOL....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488823 Nov 6, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text>Correct, and I like how you made sure they were aware that they didn't tarry, they done it immediately. As you are probably aware that all the baptism were done immediately, which is a good point to show to people, because some denominations, such as the Baptist will have you wait a week or two before they baptize you, which isn't sound doctrine at all.
As people do not understand the URGENCY in being PREPARED for Jesus' coming.....

IMMEDIATE RESPONSE is necessary when a person realizes the DANGERS of SIN on their souls....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488824 Nov 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>after they were filled with the Holy Ghost(Born Again), then were they Baptized. NOT BEFORE HANK AND YOU KNOW IT, QUIT TRYING TO DECEIVE.
Baptized after they were Believers, who heard and accepted the Word. if water had Saved them, God could have just sent rain on them. which reminds me, He stopped the rain when I was going to be Baptized(9 months and 3 days after I was Saved), and after the baptism(9 months and 1 day after I was filled with the Holy Ghost), the rain came back down.lol.
I had my Spiritual Experiences in accordance with those in the Bible.
Believed, filled with the Holy Ghost, and then Water Baptism. that is the perfect Experience with the Walk with God.
No water saving and no piece of grain. no prayers to any dead person.
Receiving the gift after baptism, Preston....that gift being the Holy Spirit....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488825 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem it may have been confusing .
I WAS as a CATHOLIC baptized as a baby .
Then again about 10 years,ago after professing..testifying my.belief ..
Again the BAPTIST church ..full emersiin...
Made me understand the act of BAPTISM itself was Not how,I came to salvation ..But by my faith ..through grace ..
Jesus,said SO.many times,..thy FAITH.has,saved thee, healed th ed, healed by child fro. Miles away ..healed the servant ...FAITH..
Thank you for your forgiveness in my confussion.....

Yes, the Word of God needs to be preached and the rest follows....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488826 Nov 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahaha
God could have "clotted" the blood his self ... unless he was useless ... "as always."
June,

You wrote:

unless he was useless ... "as always."

I believe you have sunk to an all time low....

This statement was totally uncalled for...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488827 Nov 6, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't need to be baptized again. Don't you think Christ knows you were baptized? Once is enough. If you had to be baptized again, then you are saying Christ isn't all knowing.
As an infant, there is NO WAY to have a covenant relationship with God being baptized as an infant.

What is the purpose of baptism?

Forgiveness of your sins.

What sins has an infant committed???

And don't say original (inherited) sins....there is NO such thing....

God does His part in baptism,

AND,

Man has his part in his baptism.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488828 Nov 6, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You born again fanatics have the right to do whatever you want. But don't get involved with telling us Catholics we're Baptizing wrong. We go by what Jesus taught and the Apostles told us. We Baptize infants. You read some of their writings 2,000 yrs later and do something different.
Wrong, Clay....

You wrote:

We go by what Jesus taught and the Apostles told us.

Please supply the chapter and verse where Jesus said that infants need to be baptized.

And don't use the word household....

The only reason is the false teaching of original (inherit) sin....

I have supplied this form with the verses that we DO NOT inherit anyone's sins.....

If you would seriously think about inheriting anyone's sins and don't listen to the false teachings of the Catholic church, you will see that it is nonsense and doesn't make any sense.

If inherited sins were true, we would have generation after generations of inherited sins.....doesn't make any sense.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488829 Nov 6, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Say your family was in a car wreck, your child who should have been baptized as a baby , dies without being baptized. Its your fault now isn't it.
Depends if the child knows the difference between right and wrong.

Until that time, the baby/small child is pure and innocent and their soul will go to God....

To be in a covenant relationship with God is VERY SERIOUS in which an infant/small child CANNOT make that decision.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488830 Nov 6, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Why would one be rebaptized? Christ knows you have been baptized, once is enough. You are saying that Christ isn't all knowing. You don't trust in Christ.
Yes, you can be re-baptized for the right reasons.

How can an infant/small child understand the Word of God to believe/have faith in it???

By not following these things, you ARE NOT following the COMMANDS of Jesus in the New Testament.
Its really simple

Kaplan, LA

#488831 Nov 6, 2013
Jesus had his 12 apostles when he precheds here on Earth and one of his apostles Saint Peter became the first pope. The reason that the Catholic religion is the only true religion is because of Jesus's 12 apostles, the first pope Saint Peter, and the Catholic Priests that followed the death of Jesus Christ, the Catholic religion is the only religion which can trace its roots directy to God the Son Jesus Christ, which is why the pope made the correct statement that the Catholic religion is the only true religion.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488832 Nov 6, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Say your family was in a car wreck, your child who should have been baptized as a baby , dies without being baptized. Its your fault now isn't it.
“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”

Look how SERIOUS this covenant is with God/Jesus....

See the small word "I"....it doesn't say parents, godparents, grandparents, brother, sister, etc......"I"

Can an infant/small child understand what they are doing with their live?

Parents CANNOT make this decision for the child....

It has to come from the individual....as,

SIN is an ACT committed by the individual.

Also,

Children are a GIFT from God....

Why would God give us a child with sin when it is born???

Doesn't make any sense....
truth

Perth, Australia

#488833 Nov 6, 2013
Why Abraham need blessing?

Isaiah
i been before

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min arrr 27,176
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min nanoanomaly 985,855
Au Gold Dore Bars,Nuggets and Rough Uncut Diamonds 45 min batourilocalcammi... 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr ChromiuMan 6,456
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr waaasssuuup 8,525
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Here For Now 619,752
Dog was hit by a car. Who is responsible for what? 9 hr Corbin KY 2009 9
More from around the web