Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654263 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Willow River, Canada

#488702 Nov 6, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Only taking a dip in the Jordan River gets you to Heaven.
For every Christian belief there is an opposite (and equally ridiculous) Christian belief.- Newton
Well ... what can be expected when people are taught by theologians that ONLY their own cult OWNS truth???

Willow River, Canada

#488703 Nov 6, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider that they believe the following nonsense:
A book compiled in 350 AD existed before the Big Bang.
A Jew executed circa 30 AD existed before the Big Bang.
Special people can splash water on someone and give them eternal life.
Zombies are real.
God requires them to drink human blood and flesh.
... ad infiinitum,
Are you surprised at any crazy thing they believe ?
I can say with honesty that concerning beliefs, nothing surprises me.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#488704 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
As we all know, Preston, SIN cannot enter the kingdom of heaven....
If, by what you say, baptism is not a command or is not necessary, how are we going to enter the kingdom of heaven still in sin???
What is the remedy for sin???
If we want a clear conscience from the bondage of sin, how do we accomplish this, Preston???
Romans 6:1-14
6 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?
2 By no means!~~~We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?~~~
3 <<<Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?>>>
4 *We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.*
5 <<<<<For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his.>>>>> How do we accomplish this without baptism???
6 For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin—(CRUCIFIED WITH HIM--FREE FROM THE BONDAGE OF SIN) HOW DO WE ACCOMPLISH THIS WITHOUT BAPTISM???
7 *****because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.*****
(If baptism is not a COMMAND and is NOT necessary, how are we SET FREE from SIN???)
8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.(SPIRITUAL) We DIED with Christ...we will also <<<LIVE>>> with him.
9 For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, <<<he lives to God.>>>
11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.(SPIRITUAL) We are DEAD to sin AND ALIVE to God...in WHO??? Christ Jesus....WHY???
Because we were baptized into Jesus' death, burial and resurrection.
12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires.
13 Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; (SPIRITUAL)(WE WERE BROUGHT FROM DEATH TO LIFE) and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness.
14 For sin shall no longer be your master, because ~you are not under the law, but under grace.~
Wait a minute.

you said that water baptism is a commandment, then prove it. show us where Jesus told someone to be Baptized.

how many times must I ask you to prove your statement is Biblical and Truthful?

I am not interested in anything else from you
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488705 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually agree with his posts,on Jesus,..And I had to really examine myself on the,Baptism question. As I had,been baptized as a baby ..
I'm convinced GOD,,wanted,me to ...But I was born again by the,HOLY Spirit through 're,redeeming power of the,BLOOD shed for me and my repentance and FAITH in my SAVIOUR ..
Christ said to preach and baptize into repentance,?? Which Baptism ..Spirit or water .
And,correct ..a,Muslim.believing Christ as,Saviuir ..May not KNOW another Chrisian he can turn to ..
The,SPIRIT uses what HE uses ...when He uses,it ..HOW He chooses o turn us,to Christ ...wherever we,are in life ...
And,We confess,our SINS,DIRECTLY to Our Lord ..ate forgiven by Him.
We are,born again by the,GRACE of God through FAITH in JESUS CHRIST
Rose,

I mean no disrespect....

This is coming from my heart and soul....

If you were baptized as a baby, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you be baptized again for the right reasons.

What is the purpose of baptism?

To free us from the bondage of sin....

What sin have you committed as a baby?

Willow River, Canada

#488706 Nov 6, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ is our high Priest too.
You surely don't believe you are showing respect for a Jew by referring to him as a priest ... DO YOU???

The term Rabbi would be a show of respect.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#488707 Nov 6, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
But according to the new testament Jesus was baptized by John who was a Catholic ... NOT a Protestant.
You have "gone off" in the ditch.
:)

----------
Again, John Baptist was not Catholic.
KM

Willow River, Canada

#488708 Nov 6, 2013
People that claim to love gods assume that the gods MUST love them in return.

I suggest that in so doing ... you allow your imaginations far too much leeway.
- NOMAD-

Plymouth, MA

#488709 Nov 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Any gathering or congregation that follows the teaching of Christ is that church...His teachings are in the infallible sacred Word of God..the Bible....that eliminates the Catholics....
@ Oxbow > I agree with you about the RCC. However your idea about any gathering or congregation that follows the teaching of Christ is that church...His teachings are in the infallible sacred Word of God..the Bible....Problem is they may preach Jesus but their conduct in worldly affairs and their immorality give them away as pusedo chritian followers. In other words, Hypocrites, worthy of death. If you were a bible student you would come to realize that. Just because they believe in Jesus, doesn't garantee them Everlasting Life. Even the Demons believe, yet they shudder, because they know that they have done the opposite as a angel in the doing of God's Will.
The belief in Jesus does nothing for a fallen angel and the belief in Jesus does nothing for a human if what they do is NOT in harmony with God's Will. The bible book of James, the 1/2 brother of Jesus said " Faith Without Work's Is Dead" James 2:26
** Would like to stess to you and the board members that to have the Approval of God to Inherit Everlasting life, is a Relationship with the one who made that possible for us, namely Jesus the Christ of God the Father.This relationship is of 2 people You & Jesus. Jesus taught us the thing's we must do to maintane that relationship. He said, "All Those Doing the Will of My Father will Have Everlasting life" WHY?? Because they put their life into the hands of his Christ. They have listened and done the Will of his Father.Thus there belief in Jesus as the Messiah, the Christ is What opened the door to heaven and their inheriting Everlasting life.[ie] We gain Salvation through Jesus and the Blood he shed. To be SAVED, is a gift from God the Father. It is real and as a imperfect being, it is never given to people, simply because they believe that Jesus is the promised one. That is why the Demons who know Jesus is the real Christ, shudder, because they know their day's are numbered and that scares them.
So you see, having belief in Jesus is Just The Beginning. Those WHO ENDURE to the END are the Christians who get to live forever in paridise..

Willow River, Canada

#488710 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose,
I mean no disrespect....
If you were baptized as a baby, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you be baptized again for the right reasons.
If you have fun believing you are a sinner and that another human splashing water on you will relieve you of sin ... that is your prerogative. But to claim that nonsense is based on truth from a god and preaching that nonsense on a public forum as certain truth is going to receive response from those who disagree.

Religion is based on opinion ... and opinion is NOT PROOF.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#488711 Nov 6, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Thanx.I was looking for clarification on that.
And yet bodies were seen resurrected after Jesus,was ..my understanding is the souls of believers were taken to heAven as well..by Jesus ..THEIR REDEEMER .. MOSES,ABRAHAM ..GOD FEARERS ....JOSEPH ..DAVID ..

their souls,were NOT left to eternal darkness after Jesus conquered DEATH

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#488712 Nov 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
But according to the new testament Jesus was baptized by John who was a Catholic ... NOT a Protestant.
You have "gone off" in the ditch.
:)
----------
KM
He wasn't even a Christian!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#488713 Nov 6, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" I could worship a rock, or a totem pole, and I suggest I could have complete FAITH that the rock or totem pole LOVES me.
As FAITH is based on invisibility ... it allows imagination to grow WILD of its own accord.

----------
Faith can be based on NOTHING except Christ's salvation. No dead thing (or false religion) can love or save anyone. "There is ONE NAME given under heaven whereby a man might be saved." That name is Christ Jesus.

Imagination is a mental image-in-action. Faith is solid trust in The Solid Rock...He never changes/fails.

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#488714 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose,
I mean no disrespect....
I WAS after giving a,profession of faith and brief account ...witness ..
As,I said I prayed on it ..I knew,it was something GOD wanted of me..

No one pressured me either and it was a BAPTIST CHURCH ....I had heard really odd things,that were NOT true about Baptists .

Which goes,to show get information first hand about ANY CHURCH one thinks of Joining .

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#488715 Nov 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Wait a minute.
.....show us where Jesus told someone to be Baptized......
"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" - Matthew 28:19

Damn! You morons never read your own magic book.

If I really believed the Bible was the Perfect Word of God like you clowns say you do, I would spend my life memorizing it.

All you clowns do is prove that YOU DO NOT BELIEVE A SINGLE THING!

You are worse than atheists! You are all frauds and liars!

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#488716 Nov 6, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> This is life and unfortunately you will have pain and suffering,
We will?

You are being way to vague.

Currently, I would think that many people at this point in time, DO NOT HAVE any pain or suffering.

Why do you project? Ar eyou in pain and are suffering right now?

How?

Your mental ruse won't work, unless you are delibrately trying to mislead others with false information. Are you?
<quoted text>you will not have these problems in heaven,

You don't know this, unless you have died and gone to heaven and then came back.

Have you?

If you have, then you are like Jesus, and will then have to prove you did all those things in order to make the claim that this is true.

I don't believe you know anything about heaven, except the opinions of other men.
<quoted text>so I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and get baptized and live your life as a child of God knowing that when your life here on earth is over, so will the pain and suffering.
I urge you to begin believing in all of what Jesus taught, because if you don't, then you won't be able to understand what you learn from the Bible.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#488717 Nov 6, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ is our high Priest too. Can you show us where He tells us the list of Books for the Bible?
The Bishops of the Catholic Church debated the canon in the 4th century. The Bishop of Rome spoke and the list of Books were defined. Protestants began to removed certain books 1200 yrs later, then the Bishop spoke again- clarifying the list.
If He is your High Priest, what do you need the pope for?

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#488718 Nov 6, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ is our high Priest too. Can you show us where He tells us the list of Books for the Bible?
The Bishops of the Catholic Church debated the canon in the 4th century. The Bishop of Rome spoke and the list of Books were defined. Protestants began to removed certain books 1200 yrs later, then the Bishop spoke again- clarifying the list.
Well, it appears you know the progression of the canon, all done through men, yet you still think fallible men can define an infallible being.

Why?

Willow River, Canada

#488719 Nov 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
KM
I don't even believe that such a character existed to jump from the old testament to centuries later jump into the new testament.

But since you are so silly as to play religious games ... I'll ask you this question.

As you don't believe that John baptized Jesus as a Catholic ... do you believe that John baptized Jesus as a Jew, or do you believe that John baptized Jesus as a Protestant???

Silly people!!!
Liam

Garden City, MI

#488720 Nov 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderful speech Clay.
Again..we don't need a pope because we have a High Priest in Jesus Christ. Your pope is flawed, Christ is not.
What kinda cop out is that? What exactly does Jesus do to govern your church? Did He give you the list of Books for the Bible? Did He command you to go by said list?
How about infant Baptism, Chuck. The first century catacombs reveal that people with first hand knowledge of the Gospel, baptized their infants. First hand knowledge. They sat and listened to the Apostles explain the faith.. So why on earth would you guys show up 1600 yrs later and undo this?

Willow River, Canada

#488721 Nov 6, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are worse than atheists! You are all frauds and liars!
Hahahahahahaha.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Discrimination against atheists

Ancient times

Those labeled as atheist, which included early Christians and Muslims, were as a result targeted for legal persecution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_a ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 2 min MUQ2 496
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Aura Mytha 64,260
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Gabriel 973,910
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 13 min andet1987 2,593
What color will Taylor Swift's baby be? 16 min andet1987 2
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 1 hr Peter Ross 842
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Annaleigh 106,578
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 281,918
More from around the web