Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
471,201 - 471,220 of 532,712 Comments Last updated 19 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Confession at one time was open to the public ... until members of the hierarchy decided that confession had to go indoors and be on a one to one basis between the priests and their "victims."

And I suggest you don't ever believe that the priests (being mortal humans) didn't take advantage of THAT power to gain control over other gullible humans, who in turn were taught to believe that the priests spoke on behalf of Jesus ... their supposed savior.
Oxbow

Lake Charles, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> Why would Jesus have negative thoughts about this? Obtaining indulgence from God through the Church
1478 An indulgence is obtained through the Church who, by virtue of the power of binding and loosing granted her by Christ Jesus, intervenes in favor of individual Christians and opens for them the treasury of the merits of Christ and the saints to obtain from the Father of mercies the remission of the temporal punishments due for their sins. Thus the Church does not want simply to come to the aid of these Christians, but also to spur them to works of devotion, penance, and charity.90
1479 Since the faithful departed now being purified are also members of the same communion of saints, one way we can help them is to obtain indulgences for them, so that the temporal punishments due for their sins may be remitted. Christ doesn't have negative thoughts about this, only you because you can't and won't understand.
Nonsense...not based on Scripture...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You do comprehend that you are pretending to speak on behalf of a Jew ... don't you???

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse apples...
Its called Strong's Greek lexicon: church: a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly,
Show me "Church of Christ" in that definition....
Matthew 16;18 New Living Translation
Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means 'rock'), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it.
Acts 2;41 41 Those who believed what Peter said were baptized and added to the church that day—about 3,000 in all. If you are not a member of the Church of Christ then you are lost. Jesus built one church and that church is spoken of in the bible. Romans 16;16 16 Greet each other in Christian love.[a] All the churches of Christ send you their greetings. We worship according to the bible and are the only one's that do, this is what makes us the only true church of the bible.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Imagine using the new testament ... which was and is anti-Judaism from the get-go ... to in turn claim that a Jew supports that book!

THAT is the height of rubbing salt in the wounds of the faithful Jews, and flaunting it in their faces that Christians can in DEED "get away with it."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
Confession at one time was open to the public ... until members of the hierarchy decided that confession had to go indoors and be on a one to one basis between the priests and their "victims."
And I suggest you don't ever believe that the priests (being mortal humans) didn't take advantage of THAT power to gain control over other gullible humans, who in turn were taught to believe that the priests spoke on behalf of Jesus ... their supposed savior.
You are to confess your sins to God, not a man, he has no authorization to be an intercessor between you and Gods, only Jesus does, this is why you end your prayer in Jesus name.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
All people ARE equal and they have EQUAL OPPORTUNITY! They can "choose to follow the TRUE biblical and historical TRUTH of Jesus Christ's One True Apostolic Catholic Church ----OR---(go their own way) and follow their OWN PERSONAL OPIONIONATED,(contradiction and confusion) just like the other 42,100 divided, fractured and splinterd bible only Protestants (MAN-MADE) denominations have done since the Reformation..... No one is twisting ANYONES arm to join ANYTHING!!
Right on!!!!! You are calling your pope a liar!!!! Say on!!!!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
All people ARE equal and they have EQUAL OPPORTUNITY!
But ... according to your DIVINE Catholic doctrine ... they must first become Catholic, or Jehovah will refuse to save them.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Here are a few things that God doesn't approve of,

A.D. 108-112 Having water blessed before usage
early second century Separation of clergy (preachers and elders) from laity (members)
A.D. 140 Special days set aside for fasting, which eventually leads to the practice of Lent
Second century
Special vestments for clergy

Second century Meeting of elders in a region
A.D. 180 Sprinkling accepted as an alternative for immersion in the case of sickness or special needs
A.D. 180 Infants are baptized
late second century Making the sign of the cross when praying
A.D. 230 Belief in purgatory
Third century Prohibition of clergy to marry
Third century Head of regional eldership called a bishop
A.D. 325 Constantine calls for a council, marking the beginning of the joining of church and state
A.D. 325 Celebration of Easter
A.D. 329 Confessing sins to a priest
Fourth century Bishops from major cities called archbishops
Fourth and fifth centuries Monastic orders
A.D. 350 The mass replaces the Lord's Supper
A.D. 360 Celebration of Christmas
A.D. 380 Theodosius declares Christianity to be the state religion
A.D. 400 Doctrine of inherited sins, salvation by faith only, and once saved always saved advocated
A.D. 417 Candles are used in worship as a sacred element
A.D. 470 Veneration of Mary as the mother of God
A.D. 492 Transubstantiation, the belief that the elements of the mass become the literal body and blood of Christ
A.D. 500 Veneration and bowing to images of saints
A.D. 528 Extreme Unction, the anointing of the dead or dying for spiritual forgiveness
A.D. 590 Gregory I becomes the archbishop of Rome and declared Rome to be the center of the universal church
A.D. 606 Boniface III accepts the title of Pope
A.D. 670 Organ music was introduced into the worship, but was removed when division was threatened
A.D. 775 The organ was reintroduced and remained.
A.D. 1053 Pope Leo IX excommunicated Michael Cerularius, the archbishop of Constantinople, causing the formation of the Eastern Orthodox Church
A.D. 1090 Rosary beads introduced
A.D. 1311 Sprinkling is accepted as a form of baptism for all people.
A.D. 1414 Laity does not partake of the cup during Mass
A.D. 1845 Doctrine of the immaculate conception of Mary
A.D. 1870 Infallibility of the Pope
Call no man father, as your father in Heaven is your only Father.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Matthew 16;18 New Living Translation
Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means 'rock'), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it.
Acts 2;41 41 Those who believed what Peter said were baptized and added to the church that day—about 3,000 in all. If you are not a member of the Church of Christ then you are lost. Jesus built one church and that church is spoken of in the bible. Romans 16;16 16 Greet each other in Christian love.[a] All the churches of Christ send you their greetings. We worship according to the bible and are the only one's that do, this is what makes us the only true church of the bible.
It is blasphemy to use the new testament and at the same time pretend you are serving the one and only "Lord" Jehovah.

Within the theology ... His whole truth was wrapped up in the Old Testament.

Rumor has it that HE wants you to know that as a Christian you are off the path of Judaism's truth and that you had better become a Jew, or he will have nothing to do with you.

Isn't this game of theology ever FUN???
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

<quoted text>

.THE WORD OF GOD VERSES THE CONJECTURE OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
No Confrinting!! It is called proclaiming, teaching and adhering to the TRUTH of the TRUE WORD OF GOD that is manifested only in Jesus Christ, in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church ---versus-----listening to YOU or one of your other 42,000 bible only "self-appointed, self-proclaimed "editorialised" half-truth, half-heresy preachers,---in which (each one of you) are "ALL OVER THE PLACE" when it comes to the TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible!..... All ANYONE has to do is to read the perverted arguments, the twisted debates and opinionated "hostile" discussions, that you bible only "fundies" have with each other, in which (each others) opinions are the "final authority". There is ONLY ONE TRUTH, and ONE ONE TRUE WORD OF GODS, not 42,000 relative truthes!!! God IS not, nor has EVER BEEN the author of your bible only contradiction, confusion and chaos and it has "been that way" for over 450 years, since the Reformation!!!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

The new testament was MEANT to insult the Jews.

Make no mistake about THAT issue!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

World History Timelines
Din Timelines

may 00 - Before embarking on the First Crusade Count Emich von Leiningen and his army swept through their own German homeland, murdering thousands of Jews, whom they had declared "murderers of Christ." When Emich arrived in the town of Worms, the town's Roman Catholic Bishop tried to protect the Jewish population, but the Crusaders overran his palace and slaughtered some 500 people who had taken shelter there. Another 300 were killed over the next two days. The graves of the massacre victims can still be seen at the Jewish Cemetery at Worms.

mar 16 - The Crusades began the massacre of Jews in York, England.The Jewish population of York fled to Clifford's Tower overlooking the rivers Ouse and Foss during an anti-Jewish riot. A crazed friar set fire to the tower and rather than be captured, the inhabitants committed mass suicide.

mar 17 - Crusades complete massacre of Jews of York England.

mar 18 - Crusaders kill 57 Jews in Bury St Edmonds England.

jul 15 - Pope Innocent III states Jews are doomed to perpetual servitude & subjugation due to crucifixion of Jesus.

1348x –
Accused of being a cause of the plague, the Jews in France were dragged from their houses and burned.Pogroms occurred throughout Europe. When the plague subsided, few Jews were left in Germany ? or the Low Countries.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You do comprehend that you are pretending to speak on behalf of a Jew ... don't you???
~~~

I AM POSTING IN BEHALF OF GOD'S SON...WHO DIED FOR MY SINS...

SOME 700 YEARS BEFORE HE CAME TO EARTH ISAIAH SAID OF HIM

Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5 But

1.he was wounded for our transgressions,

2.he was bruised for our iniquities:

3.the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and

4.with his stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and

5.the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

HE TOOK MY SIN UPON HIM SELF

AND

HE IS ALTOGETHER WORTHY OM ALL THE PRAISES I CAN BESTOW UPON HIM..

AND MORE

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

uknaked wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of horseshit this whole topic is, if there was any organised religion on earth that gave equal standing to all of gods children, whatever their gender, or sexual orientation, I would have respect for it! The catholic, and muslim, religions are the worst for this. They spout about the only true religion, all of them, and don't recognise that all people should be equal, with equal opportunities. Including in the church hierarchy! All religious leaders are hypocritical cretins!
The catholic church is a false doctrine, and happens to be the biggest deceiver of mankind. The bible doesn't speak one word of a catholic anything in the bible, nothing at all. The Church of Christ is the only church on this planet that worships and is spoken of as the church Jesus built, Matthew 16;18, Romans 16;16. I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and get baptized and start your life as a child of God in the true church of the bible, The Church of Christ.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Had Jesus lived, as a faithful Jew, he never would have betrayed his Jewish father of the OLD TESTAMENT.

It just would not have occurred.

I suggest that his last words on the cross would have been "I do not support any religion other than JUDAISM! There will be many who lie in my name ... but they are deceivers in the true essence of the WORD "deception."

Theology is BUNK!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It is blasphemy to use the new testament and at the same time pretend you are serving the one and only "Lord" Jehovah.
Within the theology ... His whole truth was wrapped up in the Old Testament.
Rumor has it that HE wants you to know that as a Christian you are off the path of Judaism's truth and that you had better become a Jew, or he will have nothing to do with you.
Isn't this game of theology ever FUN???
26For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27And all who have been united with Christ in baptism have put on Christ, like putting on new clothes. 28There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God’s promise to Abraham belongs to you.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent!
Good morning!
Good Morning to you!!!!! whats for breakfast lol
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

'You can't have Christ without the Church,' Pope reminds Wednesday Audience

It is erroneous to think that humanity can have Jesus Christ without the Catholic Church, and God’s plan for humanity includes and is intimately connected with the Church, Pope Francis taught today as part of a new series of reflections that he is beginning during his weekly Wednesday General Audiences. Pope Francis ended the series of reflections on the Creed begun by his predecessor Benedict XVI last week, and this week began his own Wednesday series of undetermined length centered around the Church, its nature, and its importance in the plan of salvation. The Holy Father reminded the nearly 90,000 pilgrims gathered in a rainy St. Peter’s Square that “it is the Church that brings us Christ.”

“Even today, some say,‘Christ yes, the Church no,’ like those who say,‘I believe in God, but in priests, no.’ They say,‘Christ: yes. Church: no.’ Nevertheless, it is the Church that brings us Christ and that brings us to God. The Church is the great family of God’s children,” the Holy Father taught.“Of course,” the Pope said,“the Church also has the human aspects: in those who compose it, pastors and faithful, there are flaws, imperfections, sins – the Pope has his, as well: he has lots of them; but the beautiful thing is that, when we become aware that we are sinners, we find the mercy of God. God always forgives: do not forget this.”

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
I AM POSTING IN BEHALF OF GOD'S SON...WHO DIED FOR MY SINS...
SOME 700 YEARS BEFORE HE CAME TO EARTH ISAIAH SAID OF HIM
Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But
1.he was wounded for our transgressions,
2.he was bruised for our iniquities:
3.the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and
4.with his stripes we are healed.
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and
5.the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
HE TOOK MY SIN UPON HIM SELF
AND
HE IS ALTOGETHER WORTHY OM ALL THE PRAISES I CAN BESTOW UPON HIM..
AND MORE
Keep on deceiving ... and see how long your conscience can abide by YOUR will.

I hope you stay awake at nights and that your conscience will not let you rest until you see the lies that you propagate because of your arrogance and stubbornness that rules you day after day.

That is my wish for you.

If you believe that a Jew faithful to Judaism would fall for your Protestant "lines" ... I suggest you are a fool and nothing BUT a fool!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> 26For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27And all who have been united with Christ in baptism have put on Christ, like putting on new clothes. 28There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God’s promise to Abraham belongs to you.
Blah, Blah Blah.

The new testament is based on ex-Jew Catholic anti-Semitism.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

720 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min SpaceBlues 115,063
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Aura Mytha 720,472
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Charlie Sheen 256,487
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 18 min andet1987 3,954
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min Aura Mytha 224,164
Why was the cities of sodom and gomorrah burnt ... 29 min andet1987 12
Perfect Body Balance! 31 min Dr_Eagle 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lost In Transition 172,364
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr bRB 74